Escudo Pikes Peak Version- road racing.

It's not supposed to be a "smooth" car to drive...it's not even supposed to be a "road car" it's a rally car! Which means (when you add the insane power quotient) you'll have to learn how to control it.

What sort of problems are you having, be more specific? Understeer? Spin outs? Both? :embarrassed:

It's not supposed to be a "smooth" car to drive...it's not even supposed to be a "road car" it's a rally car! Which means (when you add the insane power quotient) you'll have to learn how to control it.

What sort of problems are you having, be more specific? Understeer? Spin outs? Both?

Reply:

it pretty much handles like a rock when i try to take turns at a speed that is reasonable

also, how do you get it to do wheelies without cheats? i heard it could be done. just wondering.

I don't know. The whole wheelie thing doesn't fascinate me too much so i've never attempted it, but if you search this GT3 forum i'm sure you'll find plenty of info. :)

the Escudo is a beast car. And no the car never turns well so just live with it. My advice is just wall ride it because it goes fast on dirt and grass anyways and you can smoke your competition even without steering XD

the Escudo is a beast car. And no the car never turns well so just live with it. My advice is just wall ride it because it goes fast on dirt and grass anyways and you can smoke your competition even without steering XD
...which begs the question, why bother playing GT3 at all?

only for the Escudo do u not play the game. otherwhise you play the game mainly without the Escudo unless absolutely neccessary. Im sorry if my method disagrees with people but I plan on using the Escudo for money to upgrade my cars.

only for the Escudo do u not play the game. otherwhise you play the game mainly without the Escudo unless absolutely neccessary. Im sorry if my method disagrees with people but I plan on using the Escudo for money to upgrade my cars.

I wouldn't plan on bragging about it here...

Any race you manage to demolish in your Excuse-O can be done correctly in another car like a Viper. A TSO20. A 787B. A Focus rally car....etc.

I dont brag about **** like that. I couldnt do the Gran Turismo World Champ match so I decided to use the Escudo. I dont use it as an excuse not to race with other cars I just wanted that race out of the way. That was my second race using the Escudo, the first if you dont count Endurance Races...

I dont brag about **** like that.

Okay, so you're not bragging. I can dig that. But you are wall-riding...you're not cornering properly...it sounds like you're not even ready for the pro-level races...like you need tons of practice.

...and so you come here asking us for advice. And our advice basically is not to use an Excuseo. Use something more competent.

I couldnt do the Gran Turismo World Champ match so I decided to use the Escudo. I dont use it as an excuse not to race with other cars I just wanted that race out of the way. That was my second race using the Escudo, the first if you dont count Endurance Races...

Here's my point. You're using the Excuseo..a car that was made to climb hills....a car that's not even suitable for the GTWC, to try and finish the GTWC. You would do better with a car more suited to the task you're trying to accomplish. Something track-savvy like a GT1 or LM or anything other than an F1 (which is just blatant cheating).

Am i making any sense? Does this seem farfetched and crazy to you?

No it doesnt. Plus i beat the GTWC challenge with the Escudo anyways so the comment is null and void. I dont mean to be a bother I just asked for help. Im not a bad driver but who can actually drive the Escudo without crashing into walls. I normallly dont wallride and im not bad at turning or anything I merely commented on the fact that the Escudo cant drive at all. Their isnt any settings that can make it be therefore my posting on this thread was done until my driving was put into questioning. Yes you do make sense by the way.

No it doesnt. Plus i beat the GTWC challenge with the Escudo anyways so the comment is null and void.

By "wall-riding" to victory. Good for you.

I dont mean to be a bother I just asked for help. Im not a bad driver but who can actually drive the Escudo without crashing into walls.

It takes lots of experience to handle the Excuseo. You probably made a classic newb mistake, dude, by looking at its power, thinking "geez, people drive these 300 mph all the time, this means it'll be perfect for me to finish the GTWC" and then wondering why you can't get it to handle. We tried to tell you why it's not a good vehicle to drive.

I normallly dont wallride and im not bad at turning or anything I merely commented on the fact that the Escudo cant drive at all. Their isnt any settings that can make it be therefore my posting on this thread was done until my driving was put into questioning. Yes you do make sense by the way.

Cool. Glad to hear that. Now go try some other cars that are more capable for circuit driving. 👍

I didnt make the newb mistake. I actually tested it for days before i decided to use it in the Championship. Plus I knew it couldnt handle when i went into the Championship. I bet on my build pulling through and it did. Plus you guys didnt tell me I shouldnt drive the car you just called me a newb and other stuff trying to force a point on someone who might not want it. Thats what people happen to call rude. And if you want me to try some cars why dont you reccomend some names? I have over 10million in the game so I can practicly buy any car I want.

I didnt make the newb mistake. I actually tested it for days before i decided to use it in the Championship. Plus I knew it couldnt handle when i went into the Championship. I bet on my build pulling through and it did. Plus you guys didnt tell me I shouldnt drive the car you just called me a newb and other stuff trying to force a point on someone who might not want it.

No dude, you're wrong. That was one of the first things Duke and I told you....don't use the Excuseo. Here's what i said:

Oooh, i got some advice. Sell the Excuse-o! Buy something more competent. Something that actually corners with some accuracy.

And here's what Duke said:

On the topic of the Escudo, forget it. It is possible to make it handle, but the car has no place in GT3. The only thing I ever used it for was to win the Speedway Enduro while I was asleep.

Thats what people happen to call rude. And if you want me to try some cars why dont you reccomend some names? I have over 10million in the game so I can practicly buy any car I want.

I already recommended "GT1 and LM cars"..of which there are too many to list, but since you asked, here's some examples:. Oreca viper. XJ220. FTO LM. Toyota TS020 gT1. Mazda 787B. I also said "don't use an F1...that's blatant cheating.

Now let's both calm down. Please. I don't want any more bad vibes between us.

I already said that there wont be. Plus thanks for the cars. But the Oreca is worse then the normal viper isnt it? Also cant i just buy Castrol Supra? Id rather drive that i think. XD

I already said that there wont be. Plus thanks for the cars. But the Oreca is worse then the normal viper isnt it? Also cant i just buy Castrol Supra? Id rather drive that i think. XD

Sorry i missed this post. Actually, the Oreca is better than a Viper GTS for full-fledged racing against GT1 cars. You can modify downforce on the Oreca, but not on the GTS. Personally, i wish you could use the regular GTS, but with a lack of aerodynamics, it's just not as suited.

In gT2 you could get a racing kit, and in GT4 you can buy wings to use a "normal" Viper for full-fledged racing. But in GT3, the ordinary GTS ultimately gets stuck as GT1 cars start kicking its ass.

I'm not sure if you win or buy the Castrol GTS. But yeah, that would be better than using an Excuseo.

Back