Evolution announces new DLC for DriveClub...

• Thread starter iQuacks
  • 66 comments
I have my Driveclub Special Edition Disc Copy :)

I will be playing the DLC on Wednesday, i'll be sure to post videos of the new cars and new tour.

Great, I would like to see that. What is your honest opinion of the game thus far?

Madness, Only advise I could give to people is probably "Buy it".

But it has some cons such as limited Online choices and no tuning other than decals.

Gameplay, graphics and content is great though. the DLC is really cheap aswell.

Only had a very brief chance to try a few of the new cars out...damn but that Alpine sounds so sexy.

In truth, I was never one to be fussed much about the sounds and tended to wonder what all the fuss concerning GT was about - now though, I think I've been converted. It handles really well too (mostly :lol:)

Last edited:
The Alpine sounds pretty much how it did at Goodwood in 2012 and thinks its a great looking car. Been waiting for someone to model one for a game. Not had a chance to try the other cars out yet.

Only had a very brief chance to try a few of the new cars out...damn but that Alpine sounds so sexy.

In truth, I was never one to be fussed much about the sounds and tended to wonder what all the fuss concerning GT was about - now though, I think I've been converted. It handles really well too (mostly :lol:)

I was the same way. I have been a massive fan of GT since the first one came out and the sound have never been any good, but my feeling have mostly been 'whatever'. However, after DC, I'm not sure how I'm going to be able to play GT7 without being annoyed.

I was the same way. I have been a massive fan of GT since the first one came out and the sound have never been any good, but my feeling have mostly been 'whatever'. However, after DC, I'm not sure how I'm going to be able to play GT7 without being annoyed.
In view of what DC has managed on the PS4 and some of the sounds coming out of GT6 I am still quietly hopeful.

Last edited:
Except for that lovely sexy Alpine, I dont care about any of the cars of this pack and I cringe at the sight of that godfugly Mezzantini or whatever its called, that I ve tried to erase from my memory since the first time I saw it. DC now really has some horribly fugly cars in it with that, that eyewateringly fugly GTA Spano and that french Landyacht GT thing that nobody knew before the game came out. :D

Bottom line is: I think I m gonna sit this one out.

Except for that lovely sexy Alpine, I dont care about any of the cars of this pack and I cringe at the sight of that godfugly Mezzantini or whatever its called, that I ve tried to erase from my memory since the first time I saw it. DC now really has some horribly fugly cars in it with that, that eyewateringly fugly GTA Spano and that french Landyacht GT thing that nobody knew before the game came out. :D

Bottom line is: I think I m gonna sit this one out.

Thanks again for your wonderful opinion my friend.

Not sure what a crappy E-car is doing in there, but I suppose the McLaren makes up for it.
It's not the first and I find that it handles a lot better than the De Zir, which is a bonus. I could never get on with automatics cars in GT and the same applies here, but those two, I like: one for it's looks and the other because it handles in a way I can understand.

Plus I like them because they allow me to run races at night without fear of disturbing my lady - not that she gets disturbed by any of that, but I feel better about it ;)

It's not the first and I find that it handles a lot better than the De Zir, which is a bonus. I could never get on with automatics cars in GT and the same applies here, but those two, I like: one for it's looks and the other because it handles in a way I can understand.

Plus I like them because they allow me to run races at night without fear of disturbing my lady - not that she gets disturbed by any of that, but I feel better about it ;)

As you have the DLC, could you tell me if the McLaren F1 sounds authentic? Don't have the game yet, but soon I will. And for the first time ever, i might actually buy a season pass. Seems to be reasonably prices compared to the usual ful price of season pass's for games. It's 30 dollars, right? Compared to Forza, which I recall as being either 50 or 60.

As you have the DLC, could you tell me if the McLaren F1 sounds authentic? Don't have the game yet, but soon I will. And for the first time ever, i might actually buy a season pass. Seems to be reasonably prices compared to the usual ful price of season pass's for games. It's 30 dollars, right? Compared to Forza, which I recall as being either 50 or 60.
I'm probably the worst person to ask about genuine car sounds, as I truly couldn't tell a V8 apart from a V12...I will say though that the sounds in general have been favourably met by pretty much everyone.

I'm sure someone else will be along soon though to confirm that sound check, either way.

I can't confirm the DLC price, as I keep getting redirected back to the UK store. A $75 saving is mentioned though, which would imply a $25 cost for the year. In the UK it was £20.

Really not liking that we in the states have to wait a full extra week...there is no car I want to drive more than the F1.

Honestly I don't see why anyone should wait longer than anyone else, it's not a physical product after all.
That's just the way Sony are set up, I'm afraid - even the boss-man can't change it and has an account for each region. Each one runs its own affairs, or so it seems. I used to say the same years ago, because the excuse that games releases in the UK were always on a Friday, had begun to wear thin considering, as you say, it's a digital thing.

I got used to it as things seem to change really slowly at that level.

Last edited:
That's probably the US Sony store behind that - cheer up though, it's usually us who have to do all the waiting...;)

That is so true, especially on game release dates.

Honestly I don't see why anyone should wait longer than anyone else, it's not a physical product after all.

I agree here too, its puzzling when its a digital delivery and no physical product.

Anyone know if there's any manufacturers achievements and fame to be earned from driving the Corvette Stingray? When I go to achievements and look at manufacturers, I don't see any for Chevrolet. The BAC Mono has some and its only car in the game made by BAC just like the Stingray so why no achievements for the Corvette or am I wrong?

Anyone know if there's any manufacturers achievements and fame to be earned from driving the Corvette Stingray?
I haven't looked to be honest. If it isn't there, maybe just the core game vehicles were included, otherwise we'd all know which manufacturers are coming in the future ;)

Levity aside, I'm assuming that perhaps these kind of things cannot be added - I'm not sure though.

I haven't looked to be honest. If it isn't there, maybe just the core game vehicles were included, otherwise we'd all know which manufacturers are coming in the future ;)

Levity aside, I'm assuming that perhaps these kind of things cannot be added - I'm not sure though.

I just assumed they would be added as the content was added. It a bit of an annoyance because if I want to drive the Corvette Stingray, I get no added achievement fame for driving Chevrolet. The only fame points I earn are just what earn in each race.

Consider this. American shores get Project CARS March 17th whereas UK and rest of europe gets it on March 20th. Theres lots of things we have to wait for too you know.

I haven't bought DC yet but am considering trying it seeing the graphics, the rain and photos and car sounds. The only thing that is keeping me away from wasting my money is car handling. Maybe if its now a lot cheaper £20.00 i might try it.

When i pre ordered The crew i had to cancel it after playing the last BETA and hating the arcade feel of handling. The car slides and thecar didn't feel in touch with the road. That was an instant deal breaker and put me off

Also i need an Xbox One to tryout Forza Horizon 2 and Forza 5 and the Forza 6 coming out but again i'm worried because i played Forza 4 on 360 and i didn't like the handling physics as much as Gran Turismo 5 / 6. So can anyone help me in my decision for DC and FH, FM5.??

Like is Forza 5 really good handling. Is it better and improve over Forza 4?? and is it worth it like is it as good as GT handling physics?? Also i'd like to know from people here who have DC is the handling likable in the way it is in GT? Thanks

Consider this. American shores get Project CARS March 17th whereas UK and rest of europe gets it on March 20th. Theres lots of things we have to wait for too you know.

I haven't bought DC yet but am considering trying it seeing the graphics, the rain and photos and car sounds. The only thing that is keeping me away from wasting my money is car handling. Maybe if its now a lot cheaper £20.00 i might try it.

When i pre ordered The crew i had to cancel it after playing the last BETA and hating the arcade feel of handling. The car slides and thecar didn't feel in touch with the road. That was an instant deal breaker and put me off

Also i need an Xbox One to tryout Forza Horizon 2 and Forza 5 and the Forza 6 coming out but again i'm worried because i played Forza 4 on 360 and i didn't like the handling physics as much as Gran Turismo 5 / 6. So can anyone help me in my decision for DC and FH, FM5.??

Like is Forza 5 really good handling. Is it better and improve over Forza 4?? and is it worth it like is it as good as GT handling physics?? Also i'd like to know from people here who have DC is the handling likable in the way it is in GT? Thanks

I love my sim racers but having a blast with DC, it's actually really tricky when you get to the fast cars, but if you're still on the fence wait for the PS plus version.

...When i pre ordered The crew i had to cancel it after playing the last BETA and hating the arcade feel of handling. The car slides and thecar didn't feel in touch with the road. That was an instant deal breaker and put me off...
I tried The Crew beta too and hated it's handling model as well - DC is a whole other matter though, I actually enjoy the handling more than I do GT; and that is coming from a dyed-in-the-wool GT fan :) I suspect that the preference is due to my using a controller and Evolution have set that up very nicely - GT is too twitchy for me now...:(

I have noticed that the two games are quite polarised, those who really dislike the one, love the other - you'll always have those in between too, but they generally aren't that vocal either way.

Like @sems4arsenal says, it's a fun handling model - but you could always wait for the PS+ (at some point) like he also says. However, at £20 in the sales right now, I really don't think you can go wrong.

I tried The Crew beta too and hated it's handling model as well - DC is a whole other matter though, I actually enjoy the handling more than I do GT; and that is coming from a dyed-in-the-wool GT fan :) I suspect that the preference is due to my using a controller and Evolution have set that up very nicely - GT is too twitchy for me now...:(

I have noticed that the two games are quite polarised, those who really dislike the one, love the other - you'll always have those in between too, but they generally aren't that vocal either way.

Like @sems4arsenal says, it's a fun handling model - but you could always wait for the PS+ (at some point) like he also says. However, at £20 in the sales right now, I really don't think you can go wrong.

Cool thanks sounds like I might like it. I might give it a try at £20.00. Thanks all for your swift replies. I only have a DS4 too, I don't have a wheel and pedal.

About Forza 5. Is the handling better than Forza 4? Is is worth buying an Xbox One?

How is Forza Horizon handling compared to Forza 5 or Forza 4?

Also can anyone compare P CARS to any of the above games who has got their hands on it before release?

Last edited:
Back