Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 15,760 comments
Could I get this tune to work on the base 787B at 700pp? I prefer the orange/green liveries over the black. Has a soft spot in my heart from our time in gt4 together
I have found that Stealth tunes work very well on the normal version of the same car with one exception. The transmission's hardly ever match as the base power of the stealth model is different to that of the normal version. You may have to design a new transmission that follows the same design of the stealth car.

I used the 08 Calsonic GT-R in the gt500 race. Wasn't easy, but I managed eventually. Also I used the gsx-r4 on the 500pp rear wheel

EDIT: both shaunm80 tunes
GSX.. I wish PD would make us use something different for some events. they make it far too easy. I can see why people like it but I prefer the cars like the BMW M3 and like.

That is so not fair, I can't even get gold before I rage on the frustration.

Note: I'm awful at drifting and get frustrated easily
Keep going, you will get it eventually. Drifting is half luck, half skill in GT6 so just persevere and work through the rage :)

Hi Shaun, your HSV tune is excellent for the seasonal 👍. All I did was adjust the top speed, add the high rpm turbo (as Chris suggested), & lower the rear downforce to 590 (probably unnecessary), but either way I got an astounding lap time of 1:32:580!!! I was in such disbelieve that my hands were trembling towards the end of my lap xD thnx a lot you are the best :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:
1.32 is a very good time indeed. It looks like I shall have to buy a new HSV and try this setup with a high RPM Turbo. Great find by you guys.

Why? Surely you must have something to say?

Thank you Shaun.. I had a real blast with this one..
You blasted the score out of the water. I was happy with my score, let alone a 10K+ score.

That is so not fair, I can't even get gold before I rage on the frustration.

Note: I'm awful at drifting and get frustrated easily
This Picture is only to show JCS incredible drifting skills .... if you know my drifting career you would understand that i don't want to show off with my drift points :)

It is a new month which means only one thing. It is a new Car of The Month. This month I am very honoured in that the suggestion I made is being used. Coincidently, this months links with the FITT challenge in that is an old vs new type car.

@Bowtie-muscle presents: Chevrolet Camaro Z28 '69 and the Chevrolet Camaro SS '10 CoTM.

I have posted my tunes in there and Bowtie has a large number of tunes published too.

If you have the chance to stop by, test a few cars and leave a review of them, that would be great. Also, please post a tune if you have the ability and confidence to to do so. It is a lot of fun doing these things and it is what has kept my interest in GT6 going for so long.

Thank you all for your support and I hope to see you over the the new CoTM Thread.

Link for the thread is here.

16657372214_43f3bfe8d1_z.jpg

(Picture courtesy of @Bowtie-muscle)

Last edited:
It is a new month which means only one thing. It is a new Car of The Month. This month I am very honoured in that the suggestion I made is being used. Coincidently, this months links with the FITT challenge in that is an old vs new type car.

@Bowtie-muscle presents: Chevrolet Camaro Z28 '69 and the Chevrolet Camaro SS '10 CoTM.

I have posted my tunes in there and Bowtie has a large number of tunes published too.

If you have the chance to stop by, test a few cars and leave a review of them, that would be great. Also, please post a tune if you have the ability and confidence to to do so. It is a lot of fun doing these things and its is what has kept my interest in GT6 going for so long.

Thank you all for your support and I hope to see you over the the new CoTM Thread.

Link for the thread is here.

16657372214_43f3bfe8d1_z.jpg

(Picture courtesy of @Bowtie-muscle)

Hmmm....:odd: That's an odd shade of blue..

FITT Old & New Hatchback Tuner Challenge

A new FITT challenge is among us and I proudly present to you my pair of Mini's. They are nippy, fast and fun to drive. How fast? well that is up to you and how much you get out of them but if you are testing for the competition, Thank you very much and I look forward to seeing what you can do with my cars, as well as everyone else's who is taking part. You will have a blast with this one.

If you are not testing, I would be very happy if you gave me a personal review on my thread and let me know what you think of the two creations below.

Link to the FITT challenge thread is here.

Here are my two beauties which will be going up against some of the best tuners in GT6. May they both do well :)

Old Mini
Côte d'Azur_3.jpg

New Mini
Côte d'Azur.jpg

Spec - Old Hatchback

Tuned as per FITT regulations here

Car used - Mini Cooper 1.3i '98
Complete - ok to test.

Côte d'Azur_3.jpg

Car Setup for Monaco

Car painted in British Racing Green Metallic

425PP
126 BHP
664kgs
Weight Reduction 52:48

Sports Hard Tyres

NO Oil Change
Standard Size Rims

FC Suspension
F/R
80/70
4.50/2.60
5/5
4/7
2/4
0.8/0.5
-0.05/0.04

Standard Brakes
6/5

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 4.500
Set max speed to 87mph
1st 2.930
2nd 2.350
3rd 1.905
4th 1.566
5th 1.336
6th 1.191
Set final gear to 3.410
(Transmission set for Monaco and once again, set longer for MT users. This car does not like redlining so I have made the transmission longer to keep the power range going)

FC LSD
22/36/8
Standard Clutch and Flywheel

Set power limiter to 99.3%
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Intake Tuning
Catalytic Converter Sports

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet (Body Colour)
Window Weight Reduction

Ballast - Set 24kgs to Position 50

Tuned with ABS 1 only.

All I will say about this particular car is that I am looking forward to seeing what the testers make of it.. :)

Côte d'Azur_5.jpg

Last edited:

Spec - New Hatchback

Complete - ok to test. - **Please read notes for this tune**

Côte d'Azur.jpg

Car used - Mini Cooper S '11

Car setup for Monaco

Car painted in GT Polarized 006-P
Brake Calipers painted in same colour

450PP
232 BHP
1000kgs
Weight Distribution 56:44

NO Oil change
Standard Size Rims
NO Aero parts added

Comfort Soft Tyres (Smoking!!)

FC Suspension
F/R
145/120
4.85/4.30
8/5
5/7
2/4
1.4/0.5
-0.05/0.04

Racing Brake Kit
5/6

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 5.000
Set max speed to 112mph
1st 2.622
2nd 2.017
3rd 1.649
4th 1.378
5th 1.163
6th 1.005
Set final gear to 4.110
(Transmission set for Monaco. It is set longer than normal to accommodate manual transmission users incase they red line before AT users like myself)

FC LSD
10/16/8
Triple Plate Clutch

Set power limiter to 93.8%
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Semi Racing Exhaust
Mid RPM Range Turbo Kit

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction

Ballast - Set 41kgs to Position 50

Tuned with ABS 1 only.

This car is one that I used in a previous event and has had miles put on it. If when people are building this ready for testing, they find that the power does match what I have stated, please let me know and I will check this by building a new car from scratch to see if anything is amiss.

This car does like to smoke but it is a lot of fun and I hope all you testers enjoy this.

Côte d'Azur_2.jpg

Last edited:
Hmmm....:odd: That's an odd shade of blue..
The first one? Yes, it was before I had lots of paint so I went with what I had available. My newer shades are much nicer.

Edit: I see what you mean now. Not my pictures and Blue does seem to be the standard Bowtie colour but everyone has a change from time to time.

Last edited:
Gonna have a few runs with the HSV on Fuji in a while. She's plenty fast as is but there's more in her, i can sense it.

First order of business shall be switching to high rpm turbo and then tweak the final gear to try and get a solid balance between speed and acceleration. I just love how she screams like a banshee going down the long straight.

I'll also be trying out the M4 on Cape Ring drift. If i can handle the eagerness of it i should be set, but knowing from previous events just how wild she is i'm sure to have struggle on my hands.

Thanks yet again for providing me with these fine tunes oh great provider of fun, @shaunm80

Last edited:
Gonna have a few runs with the HSV on Fuji in a while. She's plenty fast as is but there's more in her, i can sense it.

First order of busines shall be switching to high rpm turbo and then tweak the final gear to try and get a solid balance between speed and acceleration. I just love how she screams like a banshee going down the long straight.

I'll also be trying out the M4 on Cape Ring drift. If i can handle the eagerness of it i should be set, but knowing from previous events just how wild she is i'm sure to have struggle on my hands.

Thanks yet again for providing me with these fine tunes oh great provider of fun, @shaunm80
No worries, It is my pleasure to produce tunes that provide fun for all. The M4 tune can be wild but if you have luck on your side, it will give you a great return for very little effort. I need to get a new HSV and strap on a high RPM turbo, see what the difference in overall time is.

Spec - Old Hatchback

Car used - Mini Cooper 1.3i '98

View attachment 358129

Car Setup for Monaco

Car painted in British Racing Green Metallic

425PP
125 BHP
664kgs
Weight Reduction 52:48

Sports Hard Tyres

NO Oil Change
Standard Size Rims

FC Suspension
F/R
80/70
4.50/2.60
5/5
4/7
2/4
0.8/0.5
-0.05/0.04

Standard Brakes
6/5

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 4.500
Set max speed to 87mph
1st 2.853
2nd 2.227
3rd 1.815
4th 1.511
5th 1.303
6th 1.163
Set final gear to 3.300
(Transmission set for Monaco and once again, set longer for MT users. This car does not like redlining so I have made the transmission longer to keep the power range going)

FC LSD
22/36/8
Standard Clutch and Flywheel

Set power limiter to 98.7%
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Intake Tuning

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet (Body Colour)
Window Weight Reduction

Ballast - Set 24kgs to Position 50

Tuned with ABS 1 only.

All I will say about this particular car is that I am looking forward to seeing what the testers make of it.. :)

View attachment 358130
A fun little car to drive around Monaco .. Not the fastest but still fun

It´s fun very fun .. a little slow but thats thats it´s compencise for out og the corners . just rember to hit the throttle otherwise ii´s slide over the front wheels . so all in all a nice tune
It is a little slow.. but that can't be helped for this car. Your time is exactly where I wanted this tune to be and the fact you've said its fun means it does what I intended. I left the fastest car as a backup car because it wasn't as much fun to throw around. I may finalise what I felt was the fastest tune at some point as it will be useful for future events I feel.

It is a little slow.. but that can't be helped for this car. Your time is exactly where I wanted this tune to be and the fact you've said its fun means it does what I intended. I left the fastest car as a backup car because it wasn't as much fun to throw around. I may finalise what I felt was the fastest tune at some point as it will be useful for future events I feel.
I have not yet found one bad tune from you, they all are so great, other tuners may have a faster car but then the are not stable or fast in the corners. I know that I can push youre and @Otaliema tunes to the limit and even over the limit and the car is still stable

Do you guys take requests? If yes, can you tune the NSX Type R '92. I tried my best tuning it, but I need to crawl before I can walk in that regard. I love the car a bunch and I just want it to drive well.

Back