Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 15,760 comments
Sign me up for your crew on GTA 5, I've been playing this game since it came out but never online so this should be fun to try. PSN Brewguy44.
Sure thing. Will do this later when I get the TV back. GTA 5 online is very addictive. I have done about 9% of the story mode. I have just completed the first part of the jewellery shop heist but I am spending more time in online mode right now.

Sure thing. Will do this later when I get the TV back. GTA 5 online is very addictive. I have done about 9% of the story mode. I have just completed the first part of the jewellery shop heist but I am spending more time in online mode right now.

I've already played thru the game twice, but it's still a lot of fun, 👍 so I am looking forward to online.

I'll get myself set up and let you know. Thanks 👍

Review from @hall90 for my Maserati Gran Turismo S '08 (GT3 Version) from CoTM.

1:23.714 @shaunm80 Maserati Gran Turismo S '08 600PP (TCS:1 ABS:1) at Trial Mountain Circuit on RH tyres track set/ Real. This car is fast like the other 3 Maserati Gran Turismo S '08 cars that I tested. This car handles the same as Bowie-muscle car going around the corners and that where I said it before it a bit loose and that where I lose the time than Thorin's car, but overall Shaun very good car :cheers:.

Review from @Bowtie-muscle for my Aston Martin V12 Vantage.

@shaunm80 - 600pp SS
Had to be gentle on slow corner exit, it will light up the rear wheels.
Don't brake too late, easy in-fast out works best (but gentle on throttle please).
Get exit right, and it powers down the straights nicely.
Had 3 laps within 2 tenths.
best lap at Grand Vally Speedway 1:54.364

600pp RH
Better, still just a tick loose on exit though and over curbs.
Easier to get the power down
Semi-Racing exhaust gives off a nice note :drool:
Again, most of my laps were super consistent. Most were within less than 2 tenths.
Both tunes were fun and fast, though slightly tight in the faster sweeping corners.
Best lap at Grand Valley Speedway 1:52.658

Review from @Bowtie-muscle for my Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG CoTM tune.

@shaunm80 - 600pp SS
Had to be very gently with the throttle on exit regardless of slow or medium speed corners.
Rear struggled to hook up and grab grip. Would just jump sideways and slide. Using TC1 would certainly be beneficial. I struggled with this tune most laps, which is quite surprising since I generally get along with your tunes. But I blame the car and PD for that. Applying throttle while going straight seemed to be the only way I could manage a quick lap, and even then it was not so quick.
Best lap at Grand Valley 1:59.007

600pp RH
Better, but still understeers and causes patience before getting back on the throttle.
Again, when I did on most corners the rear lost traction. :banghead:
Better with grippier tires, and faster. But feels heavy.
Best lap Grand Valley Speedway 1:55.039

:cheers: Beer'o'clock

Here's my Beer Clock.

Brew Clock 1.jpg

:lol: :D :lol:

Cheers Smiley.gif

Here are quite a few reviews for @TripleE63 for some of my CoTM tunes.

Subaru BRZ '12 by Shotaliema on SS - 1:22.658
This car is simply mistake proof. Very smooth, nice car all around.

Lexus ISF '07 by Exeter on SS - 1:18.224
A heavy car for this track but still a nice drive.

Audi RS6 Avant '08 by Exeter on SS - 1:17.825
A handful on this track and gave me my most red laps, but when handled properly it's very fast.

Volkswagon Scirocco R '10 by Exeter on SS - 1:20.203
I'm not a big fan of FF cars beyond a certain PP range. That being said, this car still performed admirably within the FF constraints.

Aston Martin V12 Vantage '10 by Exeter on SS - 1:17.533
Suprisingly nimble for a car of its weight, and fast on this track. Allows you a little margin for error before losing control and corrects easily. Of all the cars, this one got the most launch on the hill crest before the turn into the tunnel.:nervous:

A review of my beast of a BMW. The BMW M5 '08 (CoTM Version)

Review of @shaunm80 's M5 '08

I like the BMW's and have played with this model a little. It is a powerful, fast ride that looks good doing it. The only thing more amazing than the speed this tune would carry into and through the corner, was how little throttle it would accept on the exit. Just the slightest bit too much would make it spin in a heart beat. While this is backwards to what I prefer, I stuck with it and was rewarded with some good laps and a lot of fun. The brakes were spot on and perfect balance. The gears fit all the tracks well. Nice ride bud!

Testing done on RH tires with ABS1

Deep Forest Reverse 1:14.570

Every thing always went well...right up till I mashed the gas on the up hill corner. Instant spin every time! (yep..its consistant!) Once you were over the hump, perfect braking under the underpass and into the corner. From here on I made a ton of red laps for jumping on the gas...this car has to be straight to jump on the gas. EVERYTIME!

Trial Mountain 1:27.297

Same here, no suprises. If anything, more care has to be taken with the throttle with the uphill/downhill corners. The corner speed is still very fast.

Grand Valley 1:52.997

My in experience at this track really showed up with this car. Did my best, wish it had been better.

@shaunm80 - just now I saw your Elise '11 tune and can't believe I missed before...sorry! I don't want to leave you out of my Elise party. :embarrassed: I will test it later today and report back in the CoTM thread. I can't believe how good all of you guys are with tuning cars...I despised the Elise in GT5 and only used it in GT6 if I was required to do so. Now, it is one of my favorite cars and I am sure I will add your tune along side the other three in my garage...

:cheers:

@shaunm80 - just now I saw your Elise '11 tune and can't believe I missed before...sorry! I don't want to leave you out of my Elise party. :embarrassed: I will test it later today and report back in the CoTM thread. I can't believe how good all of you guys are with tuning cars...I despised the Elise in GT5 and only used it in GT6 if I was required to do so. Now, it is one of my favorite cars and I am sure I will add your tune along side the other three in my garage...

No worries. I did wonder if you forgot I had a tune for it but I am not being greedy with feedback. I have loads from others which j am grateful for. I do look forward to seeing what you think of my tune though compares to the others. :)

A review from @Bass Addict for my Lotus Elise '11 (CoTM version).

1:58.913 - @shaunm80 Lotus Elise '11 500pp (Sports Soft Tires @ Grand Valley Speedway).

Track:Real TCS:0 ABS:1

I changed final gear to 3600 to keep me from hitting the rev limiter on the long straight. Calling this a "stable" tune seems like an understatement...perfect grip with spot on handling means I drive around the track in high 1:59.xxx laps all day without a care in the world with your TCS:1 ABS:1 settings. This car handled the kurbs with no problem at all and this tune shared the same slow corner goodness that @Antares26 had with his Racing Hard tune. I wear headphones during the day or my wife would kill me and I don't recall hearing the tires stressing out at any point during the drive! Perfection...:bowdown: I set TCS:0 and there was no change to how your tune felt other than I was a full second faster!

1:56.307 - @shaunm80 Lotus Elise '11 500pp (Racing Hard Tires @ Grand Valley Speedway)

Track:Real TCS:0 ABS:1

This is a remarkable effort on your part to allow me to shave 2.5+ seconds off the Sports Soft tune but retain 98% of the handling characteristics of the SS tire tune! I had just a wee little bit of corner exit oversteer that I really liked and used it to lower my times. There is one dangerous kurb here towards the end that will bite down hard and cause a spin but other that, the RH tune was fine with the rest of the kurbs. I had to be just a little more aware of throttle control vs. the Sports Soft tune but adapted very quickly to ultimately have no problem with corner exit. My best time with TCS:1 was 1:56.919...

My favorite combination was the Lotus Elise '11 on Racing Hard tires with TCS:0. I now have four Elise '11 cars in my garage all set up exactly like the tuner wants and I can't wait to drive them all again! Awesome job Shaun...👍

Here are some more CoTM review from @hall90 for my ISF and my Aston Martin V12 Vantage. Many thanks for the reviews.

1:52.978 @shaunm80 Lexus IS F '07 (580PP) on Racing Hard Tyres track set/ Real at the Grand Valley Speedway ( TCS 1 ABS1).
I did 10 laps using my G29 and I found it a bit loose in all of the corners and I could not better my time, this car needs a slight adjustment to make it better. Overall I say it is not to bad :).

1:56.740 Lexus IS F '07 on Sports Soft, it want to understeer in the corners and I tried it a bit slower but it is still the same. Overall it is a handful in the corners on these tyres, adjustment also needed to the car for me if I want to use this in the future nice though :).

1:51.882 @shaunm80 Aston Martin V12 Vantage '10 (600PP) on Racing Hard Tyres track set/ Real at the Grand Valley Speedway ( TCS 1 ABS1). I can not pick anything wrong with this car on RH tyres at this track, but this car does not suit me on Sports Soft tyres because it want to mow the lawn when coming out of the corners. Overall SS tyres are no good for me on this car but RH tyres are the way to go, Very well done :bowdown: Shaun.

are on Driverclub now . just improvede some races in club challenges

@shaunm80 your club is now on place 63 In race challenge (club) wih the DS survalt at Nilgiri Hills
Good to know. Exeter GT Club has levelled up quite a lot recently in terms of overall club level too. I have been busy myself on that game doing the community challenges. When I have more time, I will do the tours once again as I have loads of work to do in the ones I just acquired with the season pass.

A Spec Time Trial and Drift Trial Seasonal Events (Updated 25/2/16)

Trial Mountain Circuit.jpg

A new batch of seasonal events have been provided to us. I should have lots of cars for two of the classes that can get gold. I probably have 2 or 3 tunes that can get the rally cup lap and a couple of drift tunes too. Happy hunting folks. Let me know what you find and I will add them to the list.

FR Non-Racing Car Super Lap (480PP CS)
Shelby Series One Super Charged '03 (500PP SH) - Reduce power and add CS Tyres

4WD Rally Car Super Lap (500PP SH)
Audi quattro S1 Rally Car '86 550PP RH (Reduce PP and add CS Tyres)
Lancia DELTA HF Integrale Rally Car '92 (Tarmac Rally Tune) (500PP RH)

Non-Racing Car Drift Trial
Ferrari 599 '06 (Drift Setup)

4WD Rally Car Drift Trial
Subaru Impreza Rally Car '03 (Tarmac Drift Setup)

Last edited:
Hey @chrisspeed281 try this tune below and see if it helps you or not. I made some changes to Shaun's tune after I got Gold with this car.

Lancia DELTA HF Integrale Rally Car '92 (Tarmac Rally Tune )

500PP
364 BHP
1150kgs
Weight Distribution 53:47

Comfort: Soft Tyres

NO Oil Change

FC Suspension

F/R
135/135
8.70/7.50
7/4
5/6
4/3
0.6/0.0
-0.08/0.20

Racing Brake Kit
5/6

FC Transmission
(Reset to default)
Set final gear to 5.000
Set max speed to 112mph
1st 3.345
2nd 2.386
3rd 1.807
4th 1.453
5th 1.221
6th 1.057
Set final gear to 4.130
(Adjust final gear to suit track)

FC LSD
F/R
10/15
16/20
8/10
Torq Dist Centre Diff
F/R
40:60

Set power limiter to 99.7.%
Engine Tuning Stage 3

Downforce
F/R
150/350
Ballest Weight: 30kg Ballest Postion: 50

A Spec Time Trial and Drift Trial Seasonal Events (Updated 25/2/16)

View attachment 518539

A new batch of seasonal events have been provided to us. I should have lots of cars for two of the classes that can get gold. I probably have 2 or 3 tunes that can get the rally cup lap and a couple of drift tunes too. Happy hunting folks. Let me know what you find and I will add them to the list.

FR Non-Racing Car Super Lap (480PP CS)

4WD Rally Car Super Lap (500PP SH)
Lancia DELTA HF Integrale Rally Car '92 (Tarmac Rally Tune) (500PP RH)

Non-Racing Car Drift Trial
Ferrari 599 '06 (Drift Setup)

4WD Rally Car Drift Trial
Subaru Impreza Rally Car '03 (Tarmac Drift Setup)

Nice.. these are the cars from @shaunm80 i used for the superlaps
with the changes for a DS3 user that uses D-pad, X,O and R1 as handbrake ( that's me:dunce:, still can't use thumbsticks or L1 and R1 for gas and brake).
_ShelbySeriesOneSuperCharged'03_Normal_by_Shaunm80andchanged_305.jpg

_AudiQuattroS1RallyCar'86_Racecar_by_Shaunm80changed_306.jpg

With the Shelby i had to do some agressive driving to get gold, i first added some weight for a 52:48 weight position, but after two laps i switched back to the 50:50 position from @shaunm80 settings.
With the 52:48 setting i had too much understeer.

The Audi settings was a gold in one lap but with Comfort soft tires, i did not use the sporthard tires.
Very nice to drive

Back