F1: 2014 on PS4/Xbox One/PC

• Thread starter 0zzy
  • 515 comments
The upwards angle is obviously there to improve player visibility, which is by no means a bad thing.

The centreline offset is reminiscent of third-person games like GTA. I'm guessing it probably has something to do with the placement of the HUD. It can be big and intrusive, so I suspect Codemasters placed the car off-centre so that we can have a bit more spatial perception there.

As a massive Williams fan, (and a fan of their Martini livery for 2014) I am slightly annoyed by the fact that the Williams team have a design without the Martini word appearing on the car. Although that's very much to be expected, even more irritating is the fact the stripes are the wrong colours and are missing the red. Even if they couldn't include the word Martini, it would have been nice to have the real world censored design, as seen in Bahrain...

will-mass-bahr-2014-1.jpg

...rather than the one in-game. Incidentally, I have actually seen the "wrong" in-game design used in an official promo shot - the header photo used on this website selling official Williams branded car cleaning equipment.

http://williamscarproducts.com/

I know GT6 has censored Martini branding on the Delta rally cars, but they actually retain the correct stripe colours. Minor nit-pick, I know, but it is rather important...

...to me. :guilty:

Although that's very much to be expected, even more irritating is the fact the stripes are the wrong colours and are missing the red. Even if they couldn't include the word Martini, it would have been nice to have the real world censored design, as seen in Bahrain...
Codemasters have already explained why this had to happen.

Codemasters have already explained why this had to happen.

Yes, I've found that blog post on the subject since you mentioned that - it's an incredibly vague non-answer to the question though (apparently down to "circumstances beyond our control", with no elaboration as to what that actually means).

The nature of the licence and/or possibly the contract between Williams and Martini. It's evidently something that they're not willing or able to discuss.

I haven't seen CM's response to the Martini situation, but I always presumed it was to play it safe with the age rating (hence changing the unique brand colours as well as logo removal). Johnnie Walker never appeared on the McLaren cars, did it?

I haven't seen CM's response to the Martini situation, but I always presumed it was to play it safe with the age rating (hence changing the unique brand colours as well as logo removal). Johnnie Walker never appeared on the McLaren cars, did it?

Nope, not once.

fyi, tried the game (preview copies). it is f2013 with 8gears new sound e no kers. No change in physisc or anything else, rear wheels just spin a little more. But it was expected once they announced early f12015 release on ps4. This game will not get any love at all, just money gathering for cm.

Ps: Logitech wheel sucked so bad, it was almost impossibile to geta decent feeling.

yes they answered on twitter. they can't put it for safe/age rating. Not even the red color without martini banner.

fyi, tried the game (preview copies). it is f2013 with 8gears new sound e no kers. No change in physisc or anything else, rear wheels just spin a little more. But it was expected once they announced early f12015 release on ps4. This game will not get any love at all, just money gathering for cm.

Ps: Logitech wheel sucked so bad, it was almost impossibile to geta decent feeling.
Yea, I read preview on race department same crappy ffb, wheel shakes on cam with no feel through wheel, not bothered about the arcade approach but the same old boring feedback and lifeless tracks. No thanks... Gutted

On the new trailer did they really just regurgitate the same podium celebration? Handshake shoulder bump backslap, geez CM, mix it up, can be that hard, a least give use a victory lap. I hope they change something g in the game besides the cars. Love the game but the little things make a difference. Oh and FFB upgrade would be gladly apriciated.

¨New career options¨ What do they mean with that?

From what they've said so far, it'll be the option of fewer races in a career season - I think the options will be a 9 or 14 race calendar as well as the full 19. Nothing exciting but very welcome, at least from my perspective. Bet you they won't lets us choose the races for a shortened calendar though.......

It's a shame they're doing nothing to replace KERS - I know ERS is pretty complicated, and I understand for a wide-appeal game they couldn't implement it (for the sake of our sanity let alone theirs). But they could have at least made up their own simpler version - something like giving you 60 seconds of boost to use over the whole race would have been doable surely?

It's a shame they're doing nothing to replace KERS - I know ERS is pretty complicated, and I understand for a wide-appeal game they couldn't implement it (for the sake of our sanity let alone theirs). But they could have at least made up their own simpler version - something like giving you 60 seconds of boost to use over the whole race would have been doable surely?

That's like 1 second a lap, kind of useless.

KERS doesn't work the way it did kn previous years. It's now fully integrated into the drivetrain, and automatically dispenses power. The driver has no control over it. The driver does have some control over the energy gathered by MGU-H, but again, the control electronics dispense that energy most effectively.

Codemasters can't simply make up their own system, because it doesn't exist in the sport.

I just want to know 1 thing.
Can you select your favorite driver and play the whole season trough?
They removed it for 2012. Put it back in 2013...

If that isnt in the game then i wont buy it.
This is why we play it. I dont want to race as myself, i want to select my favorite driver and play the whole championship on the race distance i like

If that isnt in the game then i wont buy it.
This is why we play it. I dont want to race as myself, i want to select my favorite driver and play the whole championship on the race distance i like

Think its been a while since I've seen someone actually feel that way.

That's like 1 second a lap, kind of useless.

If used evenly sure, although if used as a 10 second burst to overtake, less so imo.

KERS doesn't work the way it did kn previous years. It's now fully integrated into the drivetrain, and automatically dispenses power. The driver has no control over it. The driver does have some control over the energy gathered by MGU-H, but again, the control electronics dispense that energy most effectively.

Codemasters can't simply make up their own system, because it doesn't exist in the sport.

I thought they did have control, isn't that what the 'use overtake' instructions they get are? Or is that just for engine boost?

And to be fair not existing hasnt stopped them before - in 2010 they said they weren't fans of Bridgestone's indestructible tyres, and would just make up their own faster wearing ones - and that they did!

I thought they did have control, isn't that what the 'use overtake' instructions they get are? Or is that just for engine boost?
They can override the MGU-H, but the downside is that the power is limited and the ECU has to compensate somehow. So while you get an immediate boost, you also have to run at less power until the end of the lap.

And to be fair not existing hasnt stopped them before - in 2010 they said they weren't fans of Bridgestone's indestructible tyres, and would just make up their own faster wearing ones - and that they did!
The terms of the licence with FOM would probably prevent them from doing it again.

They can override the MGU-H, but the downside is that the power is limited and the ECU has to compensate somehow. So while you get an immediate boost, you also have to run at less power until the end of the lap

Ah, I see. Thanks for the explanation.

The terms of the licence with FOM would probably prevent them from doing it again.

That's likely true. I guess I'm just disappointed that they have to remove a great part of the gameplay, and there's not much else added (gameplay or content wise) to make up for it. The removal of classic content too (presume that was FOM license issues too?) certainly makes it not worth buying (or indeed playing over F1 2013) for me. But I guess it's reasonable that if they're hard at work with the next-gen F1 2015 then they can't put much effort into this year's title.

I believe the classic content was removed because the 2014 and 2015 titles are being developed alongside one another. There simply wasn't enough time to fit everything in. I think 2014 is a stop-gap solution, a game that has to be made because the contract says so. They'll no doubt produce a game of their usual standards, but every hour they spend on 2014 is an hour that could be better-spent on 2015.

Last f1 game I got was 2012. This looks like a copy and paste from 13 so I'm just going to wait for a ps4 version of 2015. In the mean time ill play project cars and driveclub on ps4.

Back