Fanatec Gran Turismo DD Pro

• Thread starter daan
  • 2,355 comments
I recently added a Lowdown Shifter stiffener kit to my playseat challenge and my DDPro. Wow what a difference. It still has some flex but it's really really helped with the lateral movement I had. I know that 8nm is pushing the limit of what this seat can handle but for me and my situation it works really well. I hope some day that I'll have a dedicated spot in my house for a real rig but anyone on the fence about a similar rig, don't hesitate. It's miles better than I ever thought it would be.

I recently added a Lowdown Shifter stiffener kit to my playseat challenge and my DDPro. Wow what a difference. It still has some flex but it's really really helped with the lateral movement I had. I know that 8nm is pushing the limit of what this seat can handle but for me and my situation it works really well. I hope some day that I'll have a dedicated spot in my house for a real rig but anyone on the fence about a similar rig, don't hesitate. It's miles better than I ever thought it would be.
I bought their pedal chassis connector and pedal plate, very nice. Only problem using the load cell was the weak point became the red locking screw bits, one of the black collars started to slide off. I got wheel deck braces form IndigoLime on eBay, really did the job well.

I turned down the brake pressure to accommodate that. I don't prefer a super heavy pedal anyway.

Lowdown makes sweet kit. Very well thought out and nicely made.

Sorry for hijacking a bit this topic but... Any idea why Fanatec is not selling the wheel base as a 5nm standalone? Only 8nm option and it makes no financial sense since it's only a hundred less than buying a complete 5nm set.

Do you think we might see a ready2race-like set for GT/PS or are we doomed to pay 300/400 more just because of license/chip? Any chance other manufacturers will try to compete? It's been almost 2 years since release already.

The thing is I don't even like the GT wheel 😅
I hear you! Alas, I think it's just their business model. The upgrades sell, and there's nobody else in the console space right now from the big name PC brands so they have no real reason to lower the bar. As a consumer I find their approach a little frustrating but at the same time it's very savvy. Just my opinion of course. I do find some things to be very much nickel and diming though, eg offering a 20 euro brake upgrade kit for a 399 euro pedal set for a better experience...and indeed charging 150 euro for a bigger PSU instead of just making the DD Pro 8nm as standard.

On the flip side of that, if you want direct drive and want PS5 compatible gear then you have to go for this option and that's why ultimately I look at it as getting into the ecosystem, and if I need to spend a little more to fully enjoy this hobby then so be it. The price is soon forgotten when you get into your stride, get better lap times and just enjoy it.

I'd love to see more competition in the space but naturally there needs to be a market and as I understand it, PC dominates as the platform of choice. Until the above changes...yes we are doomed to spend that extra!

Last edited:
Well, thank god I'm not alone in this.

I came back to the hobby after years and bought a decent used wheel (T150) because I wasn't sure if I will keep playing or not (family, job, other hobbies). For now I will keep driving with it in hopes we see a drop down in prices or some alternative but I can see myself bitting the bullet if things are the same say, in one year from now. Pretty much as with my PS4 Pro... I will squeeze it as much as I can, but I can't deny a PS5+VR2 is in my mind and can happen if we get a bundle or something in the future.

Last edited:
You can buy it now. I'm tempted but I use the QR1 with the retaining bolt as I don't swap wheels and it's solid. Maybe at some point I'll treat myself to a QR2.
I am a keen fool and just ordered 1 x QR2 Base-side type-c and 3 x QR2 wheel-side for my GT DD Pro 8nm & rims - all because I am too lazy to keep removing the retaining screw when changing rims but it does mention "improvement in force feedback detail" (we will see) ----- hope I don't regret it! However, not sure how long it will take to get delivered as I am still waiting for my Formula v2.5 wheel that I ordered 30th August!!!

Perhaps I should have stayed with my Logitech G Pro Wheel / pedals -- Fanatec is forcing me to part ways with my hard earned cash!!! But glad I switched to Fanatec from the Logi G Pro.

Last edited:
I am a keen fool and just ordered 1 x QR2 Base-side type-c and 3 x QR2 wheel-side for my GT DD Pro 8nm & rims - all because I am too lazy to keep removing the retaining screw when changing rims but it does mention "improvement in force feedback detail" (we will see) ----- hope I don't regret it! However, not sure how long it will take to get delivered as I am still waiting for my Formula v2.5 wheel that I ordered 30th August!!!

Perhaps I should have stayed with my Logitech G Pro Wheel / pedals -- Fanatec is forcing me to part ways with my hard earned cash!!! But glad I switched to Fanatec from the Logi G Pro.
I recently received the G Pro wheel currently but the lack of accessory updates is concerning, specifically the H Shifter. If they have that, I'd be happy. However, given that the wheel is at 1 year now and there's no peep or hint of further support for the ecosystem, i would hate to end up with a dead-end system.

My question to you, is the overall Fanatec DD wheel driving experience much better than logitech's? Do you miss TrueForce (this is one feature that I do love)?

I recently received the G Pro wheel currently but the lack of accessory updates is concerning, specifically the H Shifter. If they have that, I'd be happy. However, given that the wheel is at 1 year now and there's no peep or hint of further support for the ecosystem, i would hate to end up with a dead-end system.

My question to you, is the overall Fanatec DD wheel driving experience much better than logitech's? Do you miss TrueForce (this is one feature that I do love)?
I prefer the Fanatec and don't miss Trueforce (for me, I found that it muddied the FFB details) - I mainly play GT7 on PS5. Having different Fanatec rims and what I feel is better FFB detail, including the extra settings to "fine tune" the FFB to taste, is why I am glad I switched - I even prefer the Fanatec v2 pedals over the G Pro pedals I had.

Overall, the Fanatec driving experience definitely puts a smile on my face each time I use it and using the different rims elevates that experience - which is why I am happy to spend my cash with Fanatec.

Compared to Logi, you can't fault the Fanatec ecosystem - I am sure Logi will release new items like a H shifter but your guess is as good as mine, WHEN? - I would rather get and enjoy the full experience now.

Last edited:
I prefer the Fanatec and don't miss Trueforce (for me, I found that it muddied the FFB details) - I mainly play GT7 on PS5. Having different Fanatec rims and what I feel is better FFB detail, including the extra settings to "fine tune" the FFB to taste, is why I am glad I switched - I even prefer the Fanatec v2 pedals over the G Pro pedals I had.

Overall, the Fanatec driving experience definitely puts a smile on my face each time I use it and using the different rims elevates that experience - which is why I am happy to spend my cash with Fanatec.

Compared to Logi, you can't fault the Fanatec ecosystem - I am sure Logi will release new items like a H shifter but your guess is as good as mine, WHEN? - I would rather get and enjoy the full experience now.
Which rims do you have?
Which one do you prefer?

Which rims do you have?
Which one do you prefer?

These are the rims I have and will be upgrading them all to QR2 (metal)

CSL Elite Steering Wheel McLaren GT3 V2 (with metal QR1)

ClubSport Steering Wheel RS

ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula V2.5

I don't have a preference as they are all good - its nice to have the option as it depends what I am driving and what I feel like using that day / week. The Clubsport rims are better built and I like the leather wraps on the ones I have.

Last edited:
Sod it, I've absolutely no self control and have just ordered the QR2 bundle. There's no hope for me 🤣.

They've been having logistics issues with orders taking forever, let's hope I don't have to wait ages.
Congrats! Good to see they have more stock again for QR2.

Yep, fingers crossed we don't have to wait too long for the deliveries.

Last edited:
Sod it, I've absolutely no self control and have just ordered the QR2 bundle. There's no hope for me 🤣.

They've been having logistics issues with orders taking forever, let's hope I don't have to wait ages.
Yea lol I've gotten bit by the Fanatec spending ever since my first wheel Gt2. Looks like there's only 1 option for the DD Pro C shaft. But 3 for the wheel side? Thinking of upgrading. I don't mind the light quick release that the DD came with. Wonder if its worth the extra $40 each as I got 3 wheels.

@Barney Da Dog Give these a go mate and see how it feels.

FFS 100
PEAK
NDP 10
NFR 15
NIN 10
INT 5
FEI 100
FOR 80
SPR N/A
DPR N/A

In game I'm using 6 & 3.
Gave these a try 👍 using the Gr3 and Gr2 cars with the McLaren wheel feels very alive/direct - I think there's less harsh judders - I was at 6 & 10 before though.

The BMW GT2 wheel is a lot heavier and a larger diameter and feels a bit spongy, but can notice little judders on surfaces, and lockups/understeer feels more realistic? I maybe need a bit more torque for this wheel. I like using it on road cars and Gr4 or tracks with very tight turns

Are there any Fanatec experts out there?
Today I turned my wheel on (GT DD Pro with boost pack and Clubsport V3 Pedals) and nothing happened.
I checked the fuse in the plug, it's okay.
The Boost pack power light is illuminated.
Push the button on the wheel base and nothing happens, no light and no power.

Has anyone else had this problem?
Does anyone have any idea on a fix?

Am I going to have to deal with Fanatec? (ticket already submitted)
Am I going to have to go back to Thrustmaster for a while?

Have you got access to another PSU to try?
No, I haven't.... but after taking my rig apart to get to the plug and boost pack, which is a bit of a hassle (https://www.gtplanet.net/bought-gran-turismo-racing-pod/), it decided to work.

It's so odd.... I pressed the button loads of times and nothing happened, also wiggled cables.

Plugged it in directly to a power socket, rather than the internal connection in the rig, still nothing.

Then it just worked and I've turned it on and off as few times and it's perfectly fine!

Thanks for the tip dude, and have a great weekend.... and if it happens again I'll be back :)

No, I haven't.... but after taking my rig apart to get to the plug and boost pack, which is a bit of a hassle (https://www.gtplanet.net/bought-gran-turismo-racing-pod/), it decided to work.

It's so odd.... I pressed the button loads of times and nothing happened, also wiggled cables.

Plugged it in directly to a power socket, rather than the internal connection in the rig, still nothing.

Then it just worked and I've turned it on and off as few times and it's perfectly fine!

Thanks for the tip dude, and have a great weekend.... and if it happens again I'll be back :)
I thought mine had died recently and it was just a cable that had pulled out a fraction. Probably caused by one of the dogs looking for a ball 🙄

I was thinking abo upgrading to QR2, but then instead opted to get another metal QR1 (they are half the price now!) for my GT rim which only has the QR lite so far. My McLaren rim already has the QR1.

I think I'm settled for now, not planning on buying a new rim any time soon.
But yeah, if you are thinking about upgrading from the QR lite, also consider the discounted QR1

Back