Fanatec Gran Turismo DD Pro

• Thread starter daan
  • 2,344 comments
Well they've totally ****ed up my order. Tracking finally updated only to show a delay and now shows the packages delivered to somewhere in Hamburg. Contacted UPS here, the Hamburg address is a UPS depot apparently and they think it could be due to missing paperwork. What a ****show, absolutely fuming...
Sorry to hear that chap - I am sure they will get it all sorted for you in no time. I had UPS deliveries get caught up in a "sortation issue" in the past but they do get things sorted, its just frustrating as it means slight delays here and there. I am sure the QR2 will be worth the wait, so grab some beers until then :)

Last edited:
There are loads of posts on the Fanatec forums from people having the same problem, from what I've seen they get returned to sender then it's up to the customer to contact them and say if you want them resent etc. I've contacted support but given how hard it seems to get a response from I won't hold my breath. I'll give it a few days and if nothing changes call my credit card people.

Last edited:
Bit of a surprise but UPS delivered my QR2's today.

I have set the rims and DD Pro base up - see pics, and have given it a quick test. For me, the connection (Rim to Base) is ALOT sturdier / solid with no play whatsoever, and the ease of getting the rims on/off the base is fantastic - much better than having to remove the retaining screw on QR1 each time. In terms of actual driving, for me, the FFB is "cleaner' and it does feel more pronounced, there is also no play in the wheel when using/driving - it feels solid and precise and it feels GREAT with my CS Formula v2.5 rim!

First impressions is that it's a good upgrade and worth it compared to QR1 - is it a must if you already have QR1, probably not but does it feel like an upgrade, yes it does indeed. Happy with the purchase :)

I am also glad I changed from the Logitech G Pro Wheel to Fanatec, a forward thinking company with great products and options for console sim racing!

Once others get their QR2, I am sure there will be some tweaks to the FFB settings - but I will leave that to experts like @Abarth_71 as I am using his settings currently and it feels good with QR2.

update: Damn, the more I use this QR2 setup the more I like it. I can't explain but driving feels so much better than when I had the QR1 metal! QR2 must be able to send/transfer more information to the wheel as I feel the difference, and with it being solid, it just feels great!

IMG_2456.jpeg

IMG_2455.jpeg

Last edited:
Great news there. And pleased you are enjoying your new kit.

Shows what a shambles Fanatec are right now though when you have customers in a country who have received their goods whilst others in the same country don't even have a tracking reference.

1. there is a huge amount of anger over on the fanatec forums, my order has been stuck on label created for over a week and i just can not beleive Fanatec are not responding to calls emails or complaints on their forum seems a complete information blackout, is this just one guy working out of a shed lol.

I ordered dd pro 8 with csl loadcell on Wednesday my order states completely shipped as is the case with many other customers.

After being on thier forums the amount of people who are complaining about long waits and no customer support from fanatec, no reply to emails, phone lines shutdown this is really worrying me for what is a significant purchase.

How do people find the reliability of these wheels as also worried about threads on thier forum about emissions issues with the wheel base constantly disconnecting in game.

I've purchased via PayPal and am wondering whether to raise a complaint after 7 days if not shipped, is the dd pro worth waiting for if it turns in to a drawn out process ?

I'll be playing on ps5 and pc.
My wheel disconnects from the base every two weeks. The clamp that comes with it to hold the axle is not strong enough (at 15NM) to prevent the axle from slipping. Fanatec support is useless.

I have since installed this (https://amzn.to/3PY98UG) based on some recommendations from others. Initially I had it torqued to 8NM each side and it slipped again. I currently have it torqued to 15NM and so far so good, but it has not been too long in that state; I need to give it another week or two to know if it is finally holding.

I may just replace this with the new QR2. That comes with a cast axle that appears to be less slippy. I still think that DD Pro wheel is good but the way they attached the smooth axle to the base is a crappy design. It's annoying to think that I may need to spend more $$ for a different QR system for a longer term fix.

Would you say the axle and clamp appear to be good quality and less "slippery" than the QR lite? I'm wondering if the QR2 would fix my constant disconnects..

Last edited:
I'm a casual user. I'm lucky to get 4-5 hours a week. I've had mine since July and I've not had a single issue with my wheel. There are plenty with the QR issues that @TheNormsk is talking about but compared to the Logi pro I think it's the better wheel for most. The new QR looks to be the solution with the double bolt clamp but time will tell.

Maybe I'm a wimp but I actually think the 8nm DD is plenty and then some. After a long session my shoulder is always feeling it. I get that the higher the force, the better the nuance, though.

Maybe I'm a wimp but I actually think the 8nm DD is plenty and then some. After a long session my shoulder is always feeling it. I get that the higher the force, the better the nuance, though.
Same here, GT7 feels a bit underwhelming but then you play ACC and the FFB feels much stronger and more detailed. I get the more force etc point of view but realistically most people won't use the full 15Nm anyway. For me it wouldn't make sense spending nearly £1000 on one.

Same here, GT7 feels a bit underwhelming but then you play ACC and the FFB feels much stronger and more detailed. I get the more force etc point of view but realistically most people won't use the full 15Nm anyway. For me it wouldn't make sense spending nearly £1000 on one.

Took me 20 years just to get this one! I fully intend to never buy another 😂😂😂😂

Ugh.
While 8nm seems nice(first wheel and all) it would be great to have something like the 15nm to accurately represent the real world counterparts. However, just getting the 8nm in may means im hoping they release some new pedals by xmas. Hopefully it bugs them that the v2 are valued significantly more than either v3. It would be great if they incorporated’butkicker,’ tech into the pedal base plate, as well as pedals. Anything to help give us accurate grip, and loss of, indicators.

Dang though…i already want the 15nm 🥴

Pedals -> cockpit -> this dang thing. 😝

Just installed QR2 on my DD Pro and wheels. Came today, ordered last week, and that was quoted as pre-order for Oct 20th. The situation in US is so much better then EU (feel for you guys), and the warehouse is here in Los Angeles so 1 day ship. Shipping from China to LA has gotten unclogged and cheap again so that helps with the supply chain as well.

It‘s a nice improvement, I can feel a difference - its sharper - and I’m happy enough with 8NM for now so I’m fine with waiting a while for the CS DD+ to settle in. DD Pro still a big jump from my old CSW V2

BTW @Abarth_71 been running your latest GT7 settings, nice changes thx. Mine were similar but a bit edgier

Just installed QR2 on my DD Pro and wheels. Came today, ordered last week, and that was quoted as pre-order for Oct 20th. The situation in US is so much better then EU (feel for you guys), and the warehouse is here in Los Angeles so 1 day ship. Shipping from China to LA has gotten unclogged and cheap again so that helps with the supply chain as well.

It‘s a nice improvement, I can feel a difference - its sharper - and I’m happy enough with 8NM for now so I’m fine with waiting a while for the CS DD+ to settle in. DD Pro still a big jump from my old CSW V2

BTW @Abarth_71 been running your latest GT7 settings, nice changes thx. Mine were similar but a bit edgier
I am in two minds about getting the CS DD+ when its released, as enjoying the GT DD Pro 8nm with QR2 at the moment. I will probably get it at some point due to me wanting the best experience possible on Console (PS5) and I am also curious about the 'FullForce' - 15nm is a very welcome upgrade too and would benefit heavier rims (like my CS RS) and avoid any possible clipping. ....Now, I wish Fanatec would stop releasing new products as it's costing me some bucks - darnit!

I am in two minds about getting the CS DD+ when its released, as enjoying the GT DD Pro 8nm with QR2 at the moment. I will probably get it at some point due to me wanting the best experience possible on Console (PS5) and I am also curious about the 'FullForce' - 15nm is a very welcome upgrade too and would benefit heavier rims (like my CS RS) and avoid any possible clipping. ....Now, I wish Fanatec would stop releasing new products as it's costing me some bucks - darnit!
I’m curious about FullForce as well, and we’ll get some more info soonish I hope, but on the PS5 we’re probably a year out from really seeing it well deployed in the games, as Fanatec refines its drivers, FW and SDK. Look at how the Logi Trueforce evolution has played out so far…

I’m curious about FullForce as well, and we’ll get some more info soonish I hope, but on the PS5 we’re probably a year out from really seeing it well deployed in the games, as Fanatec refines its drivers, FW and SDK. Look at how the Logi Trueforce evolution has played out so far…
Yeh, thats true - although I suspect it will be implemented into GT7 fairly quickly given the fact Fanatec is the official steering wheel partner.

I wouldn't hold your breath. I still find it odd that PD never included support for SPR & DPR when a five year old game, ACC, does.

Also I can't see the point of buying the DD+ if it's only ging to be used on GT7. The horrible snap on oversteer is bad now, imagine it with almost twice the force behind it...that's where being able to adjust SPR would make a big difference.

Last edited:
Yeh, thats true - although I suspect it will be implemented into GT7 fairly quickly given the fact Fanatec is the official steering wheel partner.
It would be nice if Fanatec released a higher quality club sport level wheel that was tailored for GT7. One with supported rotaries for fuel map, TCS, brake bias and the toggle for map/info. Then have a bundle with that wheel, the CS DD+ and the V2 pedals.

It would be nice if Fanatec released a higher quality club sport level wheel that was tailored for GT7. One with supported rotaries for fuel map, TCS, brake bias and the toggle for map/info. Then have a bundle with that wheel, the CS DD+ and the V2 pedals.
Uptake might be limited for a dedicated piece of higher end HW so wonder if the incentive is there for Fanatec. It would be better if GT7 just recognized the various inputs from all the Fanatec wheels and allowed us to map them as desired, so we can use the wheels we already own which have useful controls that are not currently supported

Anyone had problems with the DD Pro disconnecting from GT7 for no apparent reason?

I was practicing for this mornings new Daily race, went straight from practice into the lobby. Then saw a controller disconnected message pop up, thought nothing of it assuming it was for the Dual Shock disconnecting as I hadn't used it for a while. Turns out it was the my wheel pedals disconnecting! Started the race and no control, hit the PS button, reconnected and I was back in action. No physical disconnection problems at all, just a glitch where it disconnected less than a minute after I was last driving with it.

Anyone had problems with the DD Pro disconnecting from GT7 for no apparent reason?

I was practicing for this mornings new Daily race, went straight from practice into the lobby. Then saw a controller disconnected message pop up, thought nothing of it assuming it was for the Dual Shock disconnecting as I hadn't used it for a while. Turns out it was the my wheel pedals disconnecting! Started the race and no control, hit the PS button, reconnected and I was back in action. No physical disconnection problems at all, just a glitch where it disconnected less than a minute after I was last driving with it.
Is it with one of the plastic type wheels or plastic QR?

That was my culprit. Noticed it was happening on turns I was applying pressure while FFB kicking in, and found out there is enough flex in plastic that it can allow the wheel to disconnect from the wheelbase inside the QR connection causing controller disconnect.

Once I switched to the F1 Esports wheel with a metal quick release using the locking screw and the wheel itself is made of a solid aluminum face plate, the flex problem disappeared, and I also felt much more detailed FFB.

QR 2 would probably fix as well I assume.

It's with metal QR1, I did have the disconnect issue a few weeks ago where the connector disconnected and I lost gears, but not steering and pedals, mid race.

This time seems different, the disconnect happened when I wasn't actively using the wheel, during the short break between practice and race. It just seemed to have reverted to the usual state when you power it up and needs a press of the PS button to connect it to the PS5.

That was my culprit. Noticed it was happening on turns I was applying pressure while FFB kicking in, and found out there is enough flex in plastic that it can allow the wheel to disconnect from the wheelbase inside the QR connection causing controller disconnect.

Once I switched to the F1 Esports wheel with a metal quick release using the locking screw and the wheel itself is made of a solid aluminum face plate, the flex problem disappeared, and I also felt much more detailed FFB.

QR 2 would probably fix as well I assume.
Same deal here. I had torqued the dd pro bundle wheel to the point that the qr lite cleat was wedged into the wheel base slightly diagonal, and it was hanging on by pretty much one bolt. The v2 and qr2 arrived yesterday and things seem good now.

Question: any tips for setting the vibrations for the f1v2’s vibration motors? Can’t seem to find any sort of tutorial for those motors. Just set the intensity of each one to 3 and left thresholds etc alone.

It's with metal QR1, I did have the disconnect issue a few weeks ago where the connector disconnected and I lost gears, but not steering and pedals, mid race.

This time seems different, the disconnect happened when I wasn't actively using the wheel, during the short break between practice and race. It just seemed to have reverted to the usual state when you power it up and needs a press of the PS button to connect it to the PS5.
This is a total long shot, but to leave no stone turned before having to resort to customer support, any chance you might have had controller set to go idle in console settings?
IMG_0884.jpeg

This is a total long shot, but to leave no stone turned before having to resort to customer support, any chance you might have had controller set to go idle in console settings?
I've got it to set switch off after 30 minutes, this was more like 30 seconds.

I'm hoping it was a one off, so I can leave customer support alone for now. Fingers crossed it doesn't happen again and leave me rolling along slowly in front of the pack at the start of the race.

Same deal here. I had torqued the dd pro bundle wheel to the point that the qr lite cleat was wedged into the wheel base slightly diagonal, and it was hanging on by pretty much one bolt. The v2 and qr2 arrived yesterday and things seem good now.

Question: any tips for setting the vibrations for the f1v2’s vibration motors? Can’t seem to find any sort of tutorial for those motors. Just set the intensity of each one to 3 and left thresholds etc alone.
I personally haven’t played with these settings on PC at all to help unfortunately.

I’m curious and waiting to see if anyone else has since I’m starting to venture more towards PC sim racing.

I do like how it feels automatically in GT7 and ACC on PS5 giving a bit extra immersion

You may need to re-seat the axle. It can slip over time.

Edit: Mine does not need to move as much as in the photo. Mine will disconnect if it moves just a fraction of a mm. My USB connection must be near the limit of connectivity even when fully seated. I've since replaced my clamp with a stronger stainless steel dual bolt version.

Last edited:

I had this happen when I was not directly plugged in from the wheel to the ps5. When I use a hub or usb extension it does this.

Back