Fanatec Gran Turismo DD Pro

• Thread starter daan
  • 2,355 comments
No, not yet - order says "Completely shipped' but no tracking number - after my last Fanatec order (30th Aug and still waiting for it to be delivered) I am anticipating a long wait again!!!
August?!?! They're quick to take our money though. I was realistically hoping for shipping next week but maybe not then.

Last edited:
August?!?! They're quick to take our money though. I was realistically hoping for shipping next week but maybe not then.
Yep - all order shipments are affected by their new warehouse. My last order was 30th Aug and only got my UPS tracking number last week, so its now with UPS but has yet to reach UK customs. Hopefully Fanatec will provide the UPS tracking sooner this time, as they say the shipping issues are being "resolved". Hopefully it will all be worth the wait!

Yeh, they take the money and set the order status to "Completely Shipped" pretty quickly - the order then just sits there until someone at Fanatec has processed it thru UPS for UK delivery. Clearly, they have loads of orders to get through.

Last edited:
@Barney Da Dog Give these a go mate and see how it feels.

FFS 100
PEAK
NDP 10
NFR 15
NIN 10
INT 5
FEI 100
FOR 80
SPR N/A
DPR N/A

In game I'm using 6 & 3.
Been using these a lot the last few days and I'm really liking how everything feels. The McLaren wheel feels great, and I increase the FOR to 120 if I'm using the BMW wheel.

I can definitely tell when the car is losing grip much better - and can also feel the grip increase with speed and downforce - GR1 time trial feels awesome!

Finally got my ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula V2.5 delivered by UPS today, after I ordered it from Fanatec on 30th August. I have to say that it was worth the wait - what a great wheel and great build quality / materials! There is better FFB and I like the vibration motors in the wheel which provide breaking vibrations (in GT7). I was concerned about the 270mm but I find it perfect. I will still use my other wheels though but glad I got this.

Now we just need our QR2's delivered!!!

Last edited:
I ordered dd pro 8 with csl loadcell on Wednesday my order states completely shipped as is the case with many other customers.

After being on thier forums the amount of people who are complaining about long waits and no customer support from fanatec, no reply to emails, phone lines shutdown this is really worrying me for what is a significant purchase.

How do people find the reliability of these wheels as also worried about threads on thier forum about emissions issues with the wheel base constantly disconnecting in game.

I've purchased via PayPal and am wondering whether to raise a complaint after 7 days if not shipped, is the dd pro worth waiting for if it turns in to a drawn out process ?

I'll be playing on ps5 and pc.

Last edited:
How do people find the reliability of these wheels as also worried about threads on thier forum about emissions issues with the wheel base constantly disconnecting in game.

I've purchased via PayPal and am wondering whether to raise a complaint after 7 days if not shipped, is the dd pro worth waiting for if it turns in to a drawn out process ?

I'll be playing on ps5 and pc.
I've had my DD Pro, load cell & McLaren wheel for about 18 months and other than the crap QR Lite it's worked flawlessly.

I've never had an order ship immediately - usually takes 3-4 working days for the tracking number to even appear and packages getting stuck in the German UPS depot for a few days is common. They've also stated 5 working day delays at present, so factor in weekends and I doubt it'll ship for at least two weeks from from the order showing complete.

Worth the wait however.

I've had my DD Pro, load cell & McLaren wheel for about 18 months and other than the crap QR Lite it's worked flawlessly.

I've never had an order ship immediately - usually takes 3-4 working days for the tracking number to even appear and packages getting stuck in the German UPS depot for a few days is common. They've also stated 5 working day delays at present, so factor in weekends and I doubt it'll ship for at least two weeks from from the order showing complete.

Worth the wait however.
Thanks for this reply it is helpful, I'll be using the unit on a next level racing gt lite pro and hope all be well.

I ordered dd pro 8 with csl loadcell on Wednesday my order states completely shipped as is the case with many other customers.

After being on thier forums the amount of people who are complaining about long waits and no customer support from fanatec, no reply to emails, phone lines shutdown this is really worrying me for what is a significant purchase.

I'll be playing on ps5 and pcits worth
Yep, its worth the wait. I came from a Logitech G Pro to Fanatec DD Pro 8nm and very happy with my decision. Current shipping delays are due to their new warehouse so hang in there as they are sorting the shipping delays out. My Fanatec kit so far has been rock solid - CS Wheels are the ones to go for but the CSL McL GT wheel is also great with Metal QR.

Yep - all order shipments are affected by their new warehouse. My last order was 30th Aug and only got my UPS tracking number last week, so its now with UPS but has yet to reach UK customs. Hopefully Fanatec will provide the UPS tracking sooner this time, as they say the shipping issues are being "resolved". Hopefully it will all be worth the wait!

Yeh, they take the money and set the order status to "Completely Shipped" pretty quickly - the order then just sits there until someone at Fanatec has processed it thru UPS for UK delivery. Clearly, they have loads of orders to get through.
What is causing these shipping issues ?

What is causing these shipping issues ?
Fanatec has a new warehouse (from Aug / Sept 2023) and orders got backed up while they were 'moving' etc... add to the fact they released new products recently, which only compounded the orders. They say they are resolving the shipping delays but its not quite back to normal yet unfortunately.

Yep, its worth the wait. I came from a Logitech G Pro to Fanatec DD Pro 8nm and very happy with my decision. Current shipping delays are due to their new warehouse so hang in there as they are sorting the shipping delays out. My Fanatec kit so far has been rock solid - CS Wheels are the ones to go for but the CSL McL GT wheel is also great with Metal QR.
Thanks for input very helpful.

I ordered on the 3rd oct and have received my tracking number today (9th). hopefully wont take too long to clear customs etc. looking forward to the delivery , i'm new to sim racing. my setup will be trakracer tr8 pro rig with 49" ultrawide samgung g9 240hz, mclaren gt3 wheel with 8nm dd csl pedals with loadcell option, from all ive read this is a good startpoint. looking forward to trying acc and new forza

That's great news and a bit faster than others have experienced, I ordered on 4th so hopefully won't to far behind you. What I have noticed is on my products page there is now a warranty date for my ordered items hope this is a positive thing.

My tracking number for the QR2 bundle has just appeared. Ordered on the 26th so with the warning of the delays and weekends etc I was expecting a longer wait. Still probably won't arrive until next week though...

Last edited:
My tracking number for the QR2 bundle has just appeared. Ordered on the 26th so with the warning of the delays and weekends etc I was expecting a longer wait. Still probably won't arrive until next week though...
Yep, shipping is definitely quicker than the last time, I also have my tracking number for the QR2 - looks they have / are finally sorting out the issues for delivery - lucky all of us in the UK!

Hope I get my stuff before you lot - hehe!

9/26 - still processing.

Also, after watching the qr2 video’s i popped off the stock gt dd pro wheel and found the base wedged crookedly into the wheel. Loosened the nuts and popped it off as the qr2 video illustrates and found that the bushings came off into the plate and the bolts are spinning. Im afraid it was hanging on by a bolt or two and touching it destroyed the balance.

Sooo..now no wheel until fanatec decides to ship both the qr2 and
ClubSport Steering Wheel F1® Esports V2 And/or the ClubSport Wheel Rim R330..

Had a little freak out..

Edit: shipped! Well..except for the second wheel side qr2.. ill take it !!

The wheel will be here Wednesday and no official date for my qr2 bundle but I got an update saying it's going to shipping this morning so hopefully not long now!

I ordered on the 25th and don't yet have a tracking number yet so that's a little concerning to be honest.

I ordered on the 25th and don't yet have a tracking number yet so that's a little concerning to be honest.
Are you using a mobile browser or on a laptop? For some reason you can't see tracking numbers on a mobile unless you change the browser to desktop view.

Also try this https://www.ups.com/track?loc=en_GB&requester=ST/
Select the track by reference number option, put your Fanatec order number in for the shipment reference, select UK from the country list and enter your post code without a space. I did this the other day and it let me see partial tracking numbers for my packages so I at least knew they'd been assigned.

Last edited:
Are you using a mobile browser or on a laptop? For some reason you can't see tracking numbers on a mobile unless you change the browser to desktop view.

Also try this https://www.ups.com/track?loc=en_GB&requester=ST/
Select the track by reference number option, put your Fanatec order number in for the shipment reference, select UK from the country list and enter your post code without a space. I did this the other day and it let me see partial tracking numbers for my packages so I at least knew they'd been assigned.
Cheers for the link. Yeah, nothing sadly.

QR2 bundle ordered, site wouldn't let me use Paypal for some reason but was fine when I switched to card.

It's a shame this is a forced upgrade, the QR lite was never fit for purpose and when pressed Fanatec Support accept as much (they sent me free replacements for my original ones but the clicking/sliding problem persisted unless I used the tape fix). They explain it away as 'tolerances' but it's weak sauce to sell a 'pro' product that has extra movement basically built in, and ruins the feel of your direct drive wheel. Even the QR1 seemed to have issues (although I never tried one).

On the plus side it will be nice to have some sort of quick release... and it should arrive by Christmas... :dunce:

TBH my QR1 has been fine, but then I use the retaining bolt as I don't swap wheels. I've seen people suffer with differing amounts of play in them though, supposedly due to "manufacturing tolerances". I probably didn't need to get a QR2 but couldn't help myself.

Well my order is showing as label created @1700hrs on the 9th October but not officially received tracking no. Via email states as ready for ups....... get it bloody collected.

They are definately moving as my UPS tracking says in Herne-Boernig, Germany. Should not be long now for all of us so hang in there!
Not the dreaded Herne-Boernig depot, that place is a black hole, my parcels always seem to get stuck there for days.

Last edited:
Not the dreaded Herne-Boernig depot, that place is a black hole, my parcels always seem to get stuck there for days.
Yeh, thats the German export customs - seems to have passed that stage already as "Cleared for transport departure" - to be fair, the parcel I got last week did not stay there long.

Well they've totally ****ed up my order. Tracking finally updated only to show a delay and now shows the packages delivered to somewhere in Hamburg. Contacted UPS here, the Hamburg address is a UPS depot apparently and they think it could be due to missing paperwork. What a ****show, absolutely fuming...

Back