Fanatec Gran Turismo DD Pro

• Thread starter daan
  • 2,344 comments
I looked at that but couldn't justify spending so much for in reality just a spring, in the end went for the R/C damper mod. Really happy with it so far as I can now adjust the resistance.
Ah, I just looked that up - it looks good! I hadn't heard of that one.

I can see myself eventually getting the V3 pedals - most likely after I've had wine and start shopping online. That's when the expensive purchases happen 😳😂

Brake pedal as accelerator(swap the pedals, leave the bases intact, swap backstops) and the lode cell as brake works ok.

If gt7 supported the rumble motor of the v3’s, or even if acc supported psvr2 it would be impossible to resist v2/v3’s.

I’d love some life going into my feet!

Ah, I just looked that up - it looks good! I hadn't heard of that one.

I can see myself eventually getting the V3 pedals - most likely after I've had wine and start shopping online. That's when the expensive purchases happen 😳😂
I wouldn't bother with the V3s, they're getting old now and the V2 are supposed to be really good. Don't know if they'd be worth the expense though if you're already using the CSL + load cell.

Last edited:
I wouldn't bother with the V3s, they're getting old now and the V2 are supposed to be really good. Don't know if they'd be worth the expense though if you're already using the CSL + load cell.
I got the V2 over the V3 and very happy with them! V3 needs updating as they were released years ago so need a refresh aka V4. The brake on the V2 is very good. I also did my research before deciding between CSL LC , V2 / V3 and most people recommended V2. Some folk even swapped to V2 from V3 (even with brake / dampener kits) - but the clutch is good on the V3 apparently, if you like to drift. The money saved can go toward an extra rim. However, I am not saying don't get the V3's if you like them.

Last edited:
Yeah, if I was buying now, where they sell the wheelbase separately, I'd definitely have got the V2s. Can't justify spending that much to upgrade now that I've got the load cell broken in and a good feel on the throttle. Also the clutch pedal would never be used so bit of a waste.

Last edited:
Can agree the V2’s the sweet spot right now, but really like the V3 inverted - I drive the manual road cars a lot and the inverts really suit that. Last year’s black friday deal at the regular v3 price.

Yes skip the V3.

I got the CSL Elite V2 with my DD GT Pro and love them. Still running them in stock set up and love the feel. Stock works well enough on a play seat challenge.

Yes skip the V3.

I got the CSL Elite V2 with my DD GT Pro and love them. Still running them in stock set up and love the feel. Stock works well enough on a play seat challenge.
The Race Sim Engineering pedal upgrade arrived today - a very sleek and well made item!

PXL_20230821_1217594112_1_50.jpg

PXL_20230821_1317000412_50.jpg

It feels so much better than standard - it's taken a few laps to start to get used to the different feel, but I've managed to take a couple of tenths off my Q times for race B and C this week.

Notice dd pro only listed as supported on pc for new motorfest game on ps5.

Seems a bit odd, what with a load of other fanatec wheels being supported.

Don't suppose anyone here has bought motorfest on ps5 and tried the wheel?

Putting me off buying the game tbh.

B80
Notice dd pro only listed as supported on pc for new motorfest game on ps5.

Seems a bit odd, what with a load of other fanatec wheels being supported.

Don't suppose anyone here has bought motorfest on ps5 and tried the wheel?

Putting me off buying the game tbh.
On this page it says CSL DD is supported on PS5, maybe they meant DD Pro. It also listed DD2 for PS5, which is clearly a mistake, I doubt they've actually tested all the wheels themselves, they probably just integrated Fanatec SDK, tested one of the wheels, and called it a day.

On this page it says CSL DD is supported on PS5, maybe they meant DD Pro. It also listed DD2 for PS5, which is clearly a mistake, I doubt they've actually tested all the wheels themselves, they probably just integrated Fanatec SDK, tested one of the wheels, and called it a day.
I responded to B80. But if anyone else is wondering thins is what I found and posted on the Motorfest forum.
Is the Gran Turismo DD the same as the CSL DD?

Fanatec's CSL DD Wheel Base Meets The Hype, But There's A Catch

Don't let the name fool you, though — the Pro is mechanically no different to the “regular” CSL DD, even though it's packaged in a slightly different shell. However, the Pro — a Gran Turismo-licensed product — can only be bought in tandem with a GT-branded rim and Fanatec's standard CSL pedals.

I get it don't say dd pro but it does say DD in ps5. Which I believe is the same base except the PlayStation chip in the base?? I used my Gt DD pro in the beta and full game tonight. Works great game default settings. And the crew 2 settings from the fanatec forums for the wheel..
Fanatec DD PRO(8N)
Fanatec DD PRO The Crew2 PC:
SEN: AUTO
FFB: 100
FFS: PEAK
NDP: 10
NFR: off
NIN: OFF
INT: 5
FEI: 100
FOR: 100
SPR: 100
DPR: 50(big wheeel), 40(small wheel)

Please share you in game and wheel setups. The Crew Motorfest settings for Fanatec GT DD pro/DD as the wheel works good at default but some fine tuned setting would be great.

Don't let the name fool you, though — the Pro is mechanically no different to the “regular” CSL DD, even though it's packaged in a slightly different shell. However, the Pro — a Gran Turismo-licensed product — can only be bought in tandem with a GT-branded rim and Fanatec's standard CSL pedals.
They started selling the DD Pro 8Nm wheelbase on it's own. Buying new now it's the best way I think so you can get a better wheel and pedals from the off.

They started selling the DD Pro 8Nm wheelbase on it's own. Buying new now it's the best way I think so you can get a better wheel and pedals from the off.
Cool. I didn't know that. It would have me $200 as I am happy with the csl pedals. I would have just got the base the WRC rim or v2 cll rim. I dont touch the gt rim. often. with the csl pedals with the load cell. Years ago I had the clubsport v2 base v3 pedals. And ver happy with the csl's. I customized the wrc into a PlayStation wheel.

Attachments

• 20230520_145345.jpg
    20230520_145345.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 18
QR2 and new Fanatec DD announcement next week - perhaps!

Get out!!!

I’ve been thinking about wheels lately. I don’t hate the dd pro, when using vr. Its 270mm, has the 4 toggles(fm,bb,tcs, and a shuffler), and given mapping isn’t so hot with the other yokes, if the connection were improved, it might be ok. Presently , it groans and ‘clicks,’ and is serviceable. But not great.

Now all we need is for gt7 to output rumble functions to the pedals..and maybe some new pedals to go with those new wheels they’ve put out.

Speaking of which, does anyone have a favorite 320mm wheel with decent map-ability. I find VR driving is influencing(as it should), my actual driving and so im pondering changing my set up to match the car. Wheel size and rotation first, then brakes. Because…while the stiffness of the bundled pedals and load cell are manageable in game, it can be a little aggressive when im reacting irl. And given race B, is relatively clean, compared to the stretch of 95 between Philly and Maryland..i kinda want to bring it all together…

Cause practice doesn’t make perfect, it just reinforces what your doing. Perfect practice makes perfect 😉

Curious why so many are saying don't buy the V3?

I have the DD Pro bundle and plan to upgrade the pedals and get the McLaren rim

I'm not sold on spending the money just for the LC for the CSL pedals when the V3 isn't that much more in the grand scheme of things. Given the new bundles and standalone options I find the DD Pro bundle to be pretty poor value for money but that's perhaps another matter.

The V2 of course sitting in-between the price range but I assumed (perhaps entirely wrongly) that the V3 was the best you can get from Fanatec right now

I'm not sold on spending the money just for the LC for the CSL pedals when the V3 isn't that much more in the grand scheme of things. Given the new bundles and standalone options I find the DD Pro bundle to be pretty poor value for money but that's perhaps another matter.

The V2 of course sitting in-between the price range but I assumed (perhaps entirely wrongly) that the V3 was the best you can get from Fanatec right now

V3s are old now and from what I've seen you need to add the tuning kit to get the best out of them. The V2 seem to be the best available atm.
If I was buying now with the wheelbase available separately I'd get the V2. Having added the load cell to my CSLs and only using a two pedal setup buying another set of pedals and then discarding the clutch seems a waste of money. Also I'm more than happy with them now the LC is broken in and I've stiffened the throttle pedal.
Also +1 for the McLaren rim, especially if you mod it with the SimMakerz paddles.

Last edited:
The CSL with load cell is very very stiff at first but the more I play and both break in and dial in the way I brake, I'm getting faster and faster. I don't have too many issues. If I were to do it again I would likely buy the V2 because value wise it makes sense. They seem to be the sweet spot and now that you can sort of build your own, why not get the better pedals for similar money...

Of the wheel options, when I do upgrade I will get the clubsport round 320 mm in leather. I prefer a round wheel and that particular one, to me, looks to be the nicest in their mid tier. No idea about button mapping for it, though. It does have the funky switch which is good to toggle through the menu for TCS/brake balance/etc but that may not be great for VR

I don't love the DDPro wheel at all. Buttons are cheap feeling and it's just too cramped together. My fingers hang up on things occasionally when I'm pushing hard. It's serviceable for sure and miles better than the controller for realism but they could have done so much better than this for the money spent.

I also had to decide between v3 and v2 pedals - decided on the v2 - great pedals and value, and you can adjust the pedal positions unlike the v3 pedals.
The CSL with load cell is very very stiff at first but the more I play and both break in and dial in the way I brake, I'm getting faster and faster. I don't have too many issues. If I were to do it again I would likely buy the V2 because value wise it makes sense. They seem to be the sweet spot and now that you can sort of build your own, why not get the better pedals for similar money...

Of the wheel options, when I do upgrade I will get the clubsport round 320 mm in leather. I prefer a round wheel and that particular one, to me, looks to be the nicest in their mid tier. No idea about button mapping for it, though. It does have the funky switch which is good to toggle through the menu for TCS/brake balance/etc but that may not be great for VR

I don't love the DDPro wheel at all. Buttons are cheap feeling and it's just too cramped together. My fingers hang up on things occasionally when I'm pushing hard. It's serviceable for sure and miles better than the controller for realism but they could have done so much better than this for the money spent.
I second the clubsport round 320 mm wheel - its a great leather wheel and can map the buttons for GT7. I also second the McLaren GT3 v2 rim and use that a lot but recently I ordered the CS Formula v2.5 wheel as I prefer leather grips - hope I don't regret its smaller size 270mm - but will sure use them all as they are all great wheels.

Will be interesting to see what gets announced next week - I am hoping for a Clubsport 12nm DD base compatible with PS5 but they are just rumours for now; still loving the DD Pro 8nm, regardless! QR2 should be announced though but at what cost!

Last edited:
Yeah I'm also not in love with the wheel with the DD Pro, I don't hate it either though. I actually preferred the overall feel and finish of the actual wheel itself on my g29. Those clicky buttons are the antithesis of quality, and seeing the options for other bundles does sting a little...however, it is what it is.

Glad I asked about the pedals. I didn't realise the v3s were so old so that's definitely good to know. I'm mainly after a better braking experience, but how is the throttle? I'd like a bit more feel and less snapback there when lifting off (compared to my current CSLs) ideally.

What rigs are you all using with load cell pedals? I have a playseat challenge which has been great but I'm wanting to set up a permanent rig so I can play more

Last edited:
I also had to decide between v3 and v2 pedals - decided on the v2 - great pedals and value, and you can adjust the pedal positions unlike the v3 pedals.

I second the clubsport round 320 mm wheel - its a great leather wheel and can map the buttons for GT7. I also second the McLaren GT3 v2 rim and use that a lot but recently I ordered the CS Formula v2.5 wheel as I prefer leather grips - hope I don't regret its smaller size 270mm - but will sure use them all as they are all great wheels.

Will be interesting to see what gets announced next week - I am hoping for a Clubsport 12nm DD base compatible with PS5 but they are just rumours for now; still loving the DD Pro 8nm, regardless! QR2 should be announced though but at what cost!
Thanks, think I'll follow you with the 2,5 down the road. First, I need to go from stand to cockpit. Hopefully QR2 breaths some new life into the wheel in the mean time. The more I use it, the more that feels like the weakest point in the equation. If the QR2 converts the slip, groan, pops into fidelity, with the 270 mm size, it can be my ghetto yoke.

I agree V2 are the sweet spot. Wish the bundle wasn't the only option initially, but what can you do.

Ps.it blows my mind, that despite how great the feedback of the controllers triggers are, GT7 doesn't export that data to fanatec’s pedals.

What rigs are you all using with load cell pedals? I have a playseat challenge which has been great but I'm wanting to set up a permanent rig so I can play more
I used to have a Playseat Challenge, TBH I modded it with wheel deck braces to remove some flex and a metal pedal plate attachment and it was ok with the load cell but not ideal. I've now got the GT Omega Prime Lite, wish I'd got one sooner as it's excellent.

I don’t know why either having both.
Hope this in depth comparison helps you in your decision:

I personally have the Clubsport V3 and the CSL V1 and agree with the final assessment in video that the V3 are far better and worth the increase in price for consistency and slight improvement in trail braking equaling slightly faster lap times. They also just feel far more durable than the CSL ones with no flex as I have experienced with the CSL pedals

Last edited:
Sorry for hijacking a bit this topic but... Any idea why Fanatec is not selling the wheel base as a 5nm standalone? Only 8nm option and it makes no financial sense since it's only a hundred less than buying a complete 5nm set.

Do you think we might see a ready2race-like set for GT/PS or are we doomed to pay 300/400 more just because of license/chip? Any chance other manufacturers will try to compete? It's been almost 2 years since release already.

The thing is I don't even like the GT wheel 😅

Sorry for hijacking a bit this topic but... Any idea why Fanatec is not selling the wheel base as a 5nm standalone? Only 8nm option and it makes no financial sense since it's only a hundred less than buying a complete 5nm set.

Do you think we might see a ready2race-like set for GT/PS or are we doomed to pay 300/400 more just because of license/chip? Any chance other manufacturers will try to compete? It's been almost 2 years since release already.

The thing is I don't even like the GT wheel 😅
They probably assumed most people would end up buying the boost kit at some point anyway so decided to only sell that option, or being cynical about it make people spend more money. TBH I'd recommend the 8Nm option every time, having gone from 5 to 8 it's so much better.

Last edited:
I've just bought a Fanatec BMW GT2 v1 wheel - it's quite a bit heavier than the McLaren GT3 but I do like how it feels. I'm using @abarthracer71 settings and have the game settings at 6 and 10, though I think I may have to increase the torque a bit - I just wonder if it's best to adjust the game settings or the wheel settings?

I've just bought a Fanatec BMW GT2 v1 wheel - it's quite a bit heavier than the McLaren GT3 but I do like how it feels. I'm using @abarthracer71 settings and have the game settings at 6 and 10, though I think I may have to increase the torque a bit - I just wonder if it's best to adjust the game settings or the wheel settings?
Increasing the torque too far in game results in clipping. I've been reworking my settings to give more weight to the steering and to try and reduce the springy feel. I'll post them tonight.

Last edited:
Back