Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo wheel: Test

• Thread starter cdcdude
  • 436 comments
I wont need the table clamp, I will use bolts to my playsteats evo chair.

About shifter.. It does not have any mountings except the two crappy bars? I would have to expand the cable and somehow mount it on my G25 extender.

What I did with mine was use a spare PS2 mouse cable (it's the same mini-DIN connector for the shifter cable, as well as the pedals cable.) As for mounting, I also have a Playseat Evo and the G25 shifter holder. I placed my Fanatec shifter on the G25 shifter holder, and used two long zip tie straps to attach it to the holder, running the zip ties through holes in the Evo shifter holder base. I'll try to snap a pic tonight. it's a little low and forward, placement wise, since I think the G25 shifter is taller than the Fanatec, so perhaps I'll rig something to raise it up, but it's very workable now.

You could use the RennSport Shifter adapter:

rsshifteradaptercj0.png

It is showed in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuNvGlUu7kM

@G. de Fronsac

Thanks for the photo! The problem is, the shifter adapter is mounted on the "Clubsport Table Clamp". But I only need the shifter adapter. As I know, Fanatec wouldn't sell the shifter adapter separately. Am I wrong?

Sorry for my english, I've learned it many years ago.:lol:

@mikemav

What's about your pic?

Last edited:
What I did with mine was use a spare PS2 mouse cable (it's the same mini-DIN connector for the shifter cable, as well as the pedals cable.) As for mounting, I also have a Playseat Evo and the G25 shifter holder. I placed my Fanatec shifter on the G25 shifter holder, and used two long zip tie straps to attach it to the holder, running the zip ties through holes in the Evo shifter holder base. I'll try to snap a pic tonight. it's a little low and forward, placement wise, since I think the G25 shifter is taller than the Fanatec, so perhaps I'll rig something to raise it up, but it's very workable now.

You could use the RennSport Shifter adapter:

rsshifteradaptercj0.png

It is showed in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuNvGlUu7kM

Thanks a lot guys. That is much help I will need :)

I do not know.. ZIP ties, or Nice looking extension? But zip ties will save me money.
And thanks for the MOUSE cable TIP! :)
It will save me bit time

I think I will PRE order the RS wheel, as well BUY the shifter during the weekend :)

BTW MIKEMAV Take pics on how you extended the cable. I am not of a TECH guy. BUt I should handle a simple CUT and EXTEND with Electric tape right?

YAY ME!

I just bough the Porsche RS wheel and few accessories.

It comes with RS wheel as well the ClubSport pedals. (one box)
I also bought the SHIFTER because the day they will have it in stock will be 3-1-09
And a 2.5m long cable for the shifter, It was only 2 dollars. That way I wont worry about modding the cable or buying extension from other sites.

All together it cost me about 352 dollars.

I can't wait till March!

Last edited:
Yeah Wheel and Shifter are cheap the Pedals are 200 USD and EUR

But, 200 EUR is about 260 USD
200 USD is about 154 EUR So that is how much I pay for the Pedals.

For whole thing...
352 USD is about 271 EUR

If I would buy it from EURO stor
If it was 352 EUR I would pay 456 USD...

Yeah US gets a GOOD deal!
WOW.. for me is a nice deal.

VAT? What is it..
As well Europe is doing so much better with economy and US lags so much. ;)

Man I really hope the 3 months fly by fast!

VAT = Value Added Tax

It's a way the government get to scam you for more money for buying luxury items.

In the UK it was 17.5% but I believe that recently since the credit crunch they have reduced it to 15%....that was nice of 'em eh

But still!
When I purchased the wheel, I do not pay any taxes! :D '
Unless I would buy it at a local store or anything like that.

There is no difference if you buy a product in a local store or webshop. The dealer will add the tax and you will have to pay for it. In Europe the tax is always included in the price and in the US the tax is always added at the cashier.

No, but you can purchase the shifter set separatly so this solution is good for all.

That is what I did, I like the idea, because if it brakes (which I doubt it will) Its easy to buy new one, 50 dollars is not that even bed for 2 shifters. Only thing That you guys should include is LONG cable with that shifter.

In GT5P and G25 to enable Clutch you press Triangle button on G25,

Do I need to press it with Porsche wheel?

Can Fanatec tell us: how does the FFB on the clubsport pedals work? Does it need to be activated by programming within the game? If so, what games have or will have this feature?

Can Fanatec tell us: how does the FFB on the clubsport pedals work? Does it need to be activated by programming within the game? If so, what games have or will have this feature?

Some games send out telemetry data. We calculate the point when the tyres lock by comparing the tire speed against the car speed. The more tires lock, the bigger the vibration.

GT4 did send out telemetry data as well but we did not find this data in GT5:P so far.

Most racing games on PC will support this feature like GTR2, Race07, GTlegends, iRacing, rFactor, Live for Speed, etc.

Back