Fanatec Reveals Black Friday 2017 Deals

180 euros ~

Trying to order one but it crashes
That's not bad at all. For reference, what's the price in euros on the regular formula rim, both the carbon and standard?

Edit: Just got on briefly and saw that it was 169.99 + Tax and Shipping. Looks like I'll be grabbing that once the site is working properly.

Last edited:
@Fanatec...

It.

Is.

Gorgeous.

Now, if I could ever get in to your site, I'd pre-order it and buy many other things! :lol:
Yeah it's pretty mega. I love the innovation Fanatec bring to the market. The double clutch system and ability to set a clutch bite point is such a good idea and will be such a benefit. I was on the preorder page just about to click 'pre-order' when the site went totally fubar.

Damn my credit card that I use online lacks 3 euros (got declined while paying) .. Need to wire some money (and our banks are slow)

Looking at the full specs and info some things stood out.

Pros
1. It sure does look nice.
2. The really cool functionality into the rotary encoders
3. That OLED screen is awesome
4. The price. $200ish shipped seems like a pretty good deal
5. Xbox compatible
6. Clutch system and damn near every other feature

Cons
1. The rubber grips. Would have really like leather but I can understand they're packing a lot into the wheel for only 170+tax+shipping
2. Standard quick release system found on the P1 wheels really sucks and has a very cheap/poor quality feel
3. Feb. 2018 ship date, man that's a long wait.

Neutral
1. If the exchangeable QR system to the clubsport version is reasonably priced then my only gripe is the grip and the ship date.

Looking at the full specs and info some things stood out.

Pros
1. It sure does look nice.
2. The really cool functionality into the rotary encoders
3. That OLED screen is awesome
4. The price. $200ish shipped seems like a pretty good deal
5. Xbox compatible
6. Clutch system and damn near every other feature

Cons
1. The rubber grips. Would have really like leather but I can understand they're packing a lot into the wheel for only 170+tax+shipping
2. Standard quick release system found on the P1 wheels really sucks and has a very cheap/poor quality feel
3. Feb. 2018 ship date, man that's a long wait.

Neutral
1. If the exchangeable QR system to the clubsport version is reasonably priced then my only gripe is the grip and the ship date.

The ClubSport QR upgrade costs 99,95 and the rubber grips are identical to the real McLaren steering wheel. 1:1 modeled from the original CAD files.

It has plenty of grip and feels comfortable. We made it a bit less sticky so you can also use it without gloves.

The ClubSport QR upgrade costs 99,95 and the rubber grips are identical to the real McLaren steering wheel. 1:1 modeled from the original CAD files.

It has plenty of grip and feels comfortable. We made it a bit less sticky so you can also use it without gloves.
What is happening with the website Thomas. I can't get in because it's says the website is insecure. When will this be fixed?

Our provider says that our Opencart shopsystem cannot handle the traffic. I am really sorry for that. We have de-activated a few features to mae the performance better. I guess we can turn https on again lter today or tomorrow.

We do have plenty of inventory so this should work for most and if not then we will still give the discount for everybody who could not order because of technical problems.

By refreshing/resubmiting and watching network logs if ajax requests get completed.
It takes me 15min just to log in etc.

2 hours and I have been able to put one thing in my cart.

Only 5 more to go...

Our provider says that our Opencart shopsystem cannot handle the traffic. I am really sorry for that. We have de-activated a few features to mae the performance better. I guess we can turn https on again lter today or tomorrow.

We do have plenty of inventory so this should work for most and if not then we will still give the discount for everybody who could not order because of technical problems.
Without HTTPS on my PC will not let me enter the site.

Hi guys, I have really annoying trouble to get to @Fanatec... website from UK. I was trying via mobile network, two different networks, phone/pc/laptop. All the time I can only see:
upload_2017-11-24_11-7-51.png

And it's first time when I've got this. And I don't have Sophos by any chance.

While I'm waiting for my bank, I'm thinking of buying more on one go to save on shipping.
Is ClubSport Pedals V3 Brake Performance Kit worth the money ?. Is it hard to add it to the pedals? (to my understanding It requires some disassembling)
Couple of weeks ago I noticed that one of the side bolts/hinges (don't know how to call them) disappeared somewhere. It still holds together and works but I don't know what will happen when I will be adding the kit. Don't know If it is worth paying 80euros to replace current one ( I bought it at release time so I think I'm out of warranty)

I know, it's just that rubber grips remind me of the cheap wheel rims from the racing games we had in the arcades during the 90s. Unless the staff constantly cleaned them they would be incredibly disgusting.

So total of 300ish for the wheel+CSQR, a little higher than I expected but still reasonable for what your getting, essentially 30+ dollars cheaper than the current deal with the Universal Hub + Rim, but for a rim that looks fantastic and has more functionality. Does the CSQR system work with the current batch of P1 rims or is it something new and will only work with the GT3.

Thank you very much. I will keep trying throughout the day.

Honestly, I'm looking forward to getting my whole fanatec eco-system done today, until the F1 rim comes out in the new year!

Side note, maybe I should have ordered my other, non-black Friday items earlier in the week. :lol:

While I'm waiting for my bank, I'm thinking of buying more on one go to save on shipping.
Is ClubSport Pedals V3 Brake Performance Kit worth the money ?. Is it hard to add it to the pedals? (to my understanding It requires some disassembling)
Couple of weeks ago I noticed that one of the side bolts/hinges (don't know how to call them) disappeared somewhere. It still holds together and works but I don't know what will happen when I will be adding the kit. Don't know If it is worth paying 80euros to replace current one ( I bought it at release time so I think I'm out of warranty)
I've seen some videos of the installation online and it looks very straight forward. The consensus seems to be that if you like a very still pedal without much in the way of take up then it's a very welcome mod. Personally I think the pedal is stiff enough as is, but I would like a more hydraulic feel so i might go with the other upgrade, or maybe just sell my v3s and pick up the inverted pedals this weekend.

Just payed for my order . Card was not declined or anything but it crashed on redirection. There Is no charge and I don't know the status of my order. Trying for over 3hours :D .

Yeah it's pretty mega. I love the innovation Fanatec bring to the market. The double clutch system and ability to set a clutch bite point is such a good idea and will be such a benefit. I was on the preorder page just about to click 'pre-order' when the site went totally fubar.

Slim, honestly, with th games that are out and the hardware that we have this is the most exciting time to be into sim racing.

Finally got my Mclaren GT3 order to go through all the steps after an hour refreshing...however paypal failed on re-direct back to merchant....

I did get a receipt from paypal showing order was charged - so fingers crossed that it went through!

EDIT: Received confirmation e-mail from Fanatec! Now just hoping for a Fanatec Podium base to be announced before my beautiful Mclaren rim arrives :)

Last edited:

Wow that is one goodlooking rim! It even has clutch paddles and working rotary encoders and a screen. Probably also designed you can see the rev lights in the base. Really tempted to shell out for a Fanatec setups in feb 2018. Will be difficult choosing this and the formula rim! When will the first review units shipped to the reviewers?

For reference a video of a Dutch guy who made his own replica in action. Will give you good idea about the final product:

Last edited:
Finally got my Mclaren GT3 order to go through all the steps after an hour refreshing...however paypal failed on re-direct back to merchant....

I did get a receipt from paypal showing order was charged - so fingers crossed that it went through!

EDIT: Received confirmation e-mail from Fanatec! Now just hoping for a Fanatec Podium base to be announced before my beautiful Mclaren rim arrives :)

Lucky.
It looks like in my case it did not charge. 4 hours...

Setting my alarm for 9.00 this morning after going to bed at 3.00 was not really worth the interruption of my beauty sleep as it took me 1h and 47min until the order was finally completed for the fancy new GT3 wheel + QR add-on. Anyway, looking very much forward to February. Double thumbs up to @Fanatec... for this piece of beauty. My wife told me last night she will divorce me if I order another wheel... Looks like I need to find a good excuse when the order will ship in February to avoid trouble :)

Latest Posts

Back