Fanatec Reveals Black Friday 2017 Deals

As far as pricing after the preorder. This is from Fanatec's Facebook.

fanatec.png

Here's an image that shows the Xbox buttons. Looks like a computer model to me, but found it from this website.

37735793955_f2020e22d9_o.png

Last edited:
As far a pricing after the preorder. This is from Fanatec's Facebook.

View attachment 694230

Here's an image that shows the Xbox buttons. Looks like a computer model to me, but found it from this website.

37735793955_f2020e22d9_o.png
Well yeah by the description I got an impression that you get xbox and racing buttons.

• 7 Basic buttons with exchangeable button caps
  • Exchangeable button caps included
  • Button label placement indicators for placing additional indicators like "VIEW" & "KERS"

Well yeah by the description I got an impression that you get xbox and racing buttons.

• 7 Basic buttons with exchangeable button caps
  • Exchangeable button caps included
  • Button label placement indicators for placing additional indicators like "VIEW" & "KERS"

This is correct

Is the McLaren wheel price discounted or same price as launch in feb? Will there be a ps4 liscenced version released? This one looks like xbox, but says ps4 “ready”.
This is as a result of how the Fanatec ecosystem works with different consoles.

Xbox One support is allowed through the steering wheel rims. There is a chip in the rim that enables Xbox One support. So any Fanatec wheel base will work on Xbox One as long as it has a steering wheel rim with Xbox One support attached to it.

PS4 support is via the wheel base. There is a chip in the wheel base that enables PS4 support. So only bases that support PS4 will work on PS4. And it doesn't matter which steering wheel rim is attached to it.

So that is why the Mclaren GT3 rim has full Xbox One support, it will work on Xbox One with any Fanatec wheel base. It's only 'PS4 ready' because you need a PS4 supported wheel base for it to work on PS4.

What about the quick release? Can you comment on it? (I did not find any reviews on it) Is it easier to use etc?

Currently we have two different QR systems which will work with all our wheel bases or racing wheels. The simplified QR system of the CSL and CSL Elite wheels where you must tighten a screw and the automotive grade ClubSport QR system which is more sturdy and easier to use.

If you plan to use the MCLaren with our DD wheel bases then the optional CS QR system is a must, otherwise it is a matter of comfort and optics.

But the CS QR also makes the wheel more heavy. It is really a matter of taste and money and therefore we decided to invent the exchangeable QR system which will come with all our future steering wheels.

Currently we have two different QR systems which will work with all our wheel bases or racing wheels. The simplified QR system of the CSL and CSL Elite wheels where you must tighten a screw and the automotive grade ClubSport QR system which is more sturdy and easier to use.

If you plan to use the MCLaren with our DD wheel bases then the optional CS QR system is a must, otherwise it is a matter of comfort and optics.

But the CS QR also makes the wheel more heavy. It is really a matter of taste and money and therefore we decided to invent the exchangeable QR system which will come with all our future steering wheels.

Currently I'm a happy csw v2 user and I picked up the QR system in a hope that it would be easier to use, in my case (mostly one hand while taking it off), then my bmw and formula rims. I just hope I did not spend extra money with false assumption (that would be my fault still) because I'm eyeballing the Porsche rim (more rims then I actually need really) but put it off for another time to save some money (because QR system added extra ~100 euros to the mclaren rim).

In my country sim racing is even more of a niche so I have more justification to buy rims then to buy a new wheelbase because it would be hard for me to sell the old one and my sensible side says that it is an irresponsible spending to stock up on wheelbases :D

Last edited:
This is as a result of how the Fanatec ecosystem works with different consoles.

Xbox One support is allowed through the steering wheel rims. There is a chip in the rim that enables Xbox One support. So any Fanatec wheel base will work on Xbox One as long as it has a steering wheel rim with Xbox One support attached to it.

PS4 support is via the wheel base. There is a chip in the wheel base that enables PS4 support. So only bases that support PS4 will work on PS4. And it doesn't matter which steering wheel rim is attached to it.

So that is why the Mclaren GT3 rim has full Xbox One support, it will work on Xbox One with any Fanatec wheel base. It's only 'PS4 ready' because you need a PS4 supported wheel base for it to work on PS4.
Thanks Slim! Any chance of a manual avail in downloads soon? So the center knob is mode select? Does that then determine what the top ones do, ie gas/brake mode makes one of them tcs and the other brake balance or abs? If so that is so freaking sweet!!

Last edited:
Thanks Slim! Can those great knobs be mapped like the tgt knobs in gt sport to adjust stuff like tcs, abs, fuel mapping, brake balance, etc? If not now, any chance polyphony will support it in the future?

Our PS4 SDK will support them. It is up to the game developers to make use of it

Our PS4 SDK will support them. It is up to the game developers to make use of it
Sorry, dumb question what is sdk?

Software development kit dummy. Gotta love google!

Dont get me wrong I love your stuff. Ive got over a grand invested in the last few weeks including this wheel, but does this mean these great new knobs will collect dust on gtsport until polyphony decides to map them? Are they working with you or are they locked in with thrustmaster. Will they at least currently work with pc2 and assetto corsa that way?

Sorry, dumb question what is sdk?

Software development kit dummy. Gotta love google!
And trust me mr moderator, I already do love the edit button!! Maybe a little more than I should!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dont get me wrong I love your stuff. Ive got over a grand invested in the last few weeks including this wheel, but does this mean these great new knobs will collect dust on gtsport until polyphony decides to map them? Are they working with you or are they locked in with thrustmaster. Will they at least currently work with pc2 and assetto corsa that way?

We are in direct contact with Polyphony and they will implement as much as they can but we cannot control that.

They also made a very good implementation for Logitech so there is no advantage for Thrustmaster.

Over the years Polyphony had one of the best wheel support (for consoles). They were one of the rare ones that let you map every button etc (usually, at the time, developers would just give few presets and that's it). That allowed me to use my cheap wheel that I had with accelerator and break on the paddles when I was not physically capable to use pedals.

I'm sure they will implement the support, it is a question of when.
Oh the old "soon" jokes :D
Edit:
On the other note. I just noticed that my BMW rim experienced distinct "hair loss" on the hand holding positions. (Excess GT and my sweat. Even my soft gloves don't help :) ) I just hope the rubber will hold because the mclaren rim looks like it will be so fine to look at.

Last edited:
We are in direct contact with Polyphony and they will implement as much as they can but we cannot control that.

They also made a very good implementation for Logitech so there is no advantage for Thrustmaster.
Well the good news is at least they are actively updating and enhancing the game so hopefully your products’ increasing popularity will motivate them. And others. Congrats on what appears to be a huge Black Friday for you. (If locked up servers are any indication)

This is good to know - I'm glad you mentioned this as I wasn't sure if I needed the CS QR when I ordered the Mclaren GT3 wheel. (I submitted a 2nd order for the CS QR)

Now just have to wait for a DD wheel base announcement :)

My wife bought me the fanatec starter kit over 3 weeks ago and they just shipped it today! I’m so happy to get away from thrustmaster nothing but problems and bad service. Just bummed that fanatec took so long to ship it. I haven’t raced in a month! Losing my mind.

My wife bought me the fanatec starter kit over 3 weeks ago and they just shipped it today! I’m so happy to get away from thrustmaster nothing but problems and bad service. Just bummed that fanatec took so long to ship it. I haven’t raced in a month! Losing my mind.
As someone who had to patiently wait for my Fanatec gear to arrive, let me tell you: It's worth it. The feeling of quality compared to TM is insane. It's a game changer! :)

As someone who had to patiently wait for my Fanatec gear to arrive, let me tell you: It's worth it. The feeling of quality compared to TM is insane. It's a game changer! :)
I can second that - spent the whole evening yesterday setting up my newly arrived CSW V2.5 base, XBox Universal Hub and Forza wheel, CSL Elite pedals LC. After setting it up, I just sat in my rig just enjoying looking at all my new Fanatec gear - it sort of felt like I was in a dream - it sounds silly but it was a good feeling. :)

Back