Fanatec Reveals Black Friday 2017 Deals

Took my first step into the Fanatec ecosystem today - ClubSport Pedals V3 Inverted, Black Friday price from US Fanatec site, plus $100 shipping. Of course I fully expect V4 will be announced in January...

Still it priced out to be only $20 more than the standard Clubsport V3 set I was planning to purchase from Amazon (the prices are inflated there), if I read the descriptions correctly the inverted set has the brake damping kit which is optional on the standard set.

Ordering from the site was a slow crawl but no crashing. Used Paypal like Fanatec recommended for first orders. Got order and payment confirmations.

The thing is I don't have a Fanatec wheel to go with it yet. Thinking about the CSL Elite PS4 version, but maybe I should go ClubSport instead?

Would the new McLaren wheel work on the CSL Elite base, looks like I'd need an adaptor?

Last edited:
Took my first step into the Fanatec ecosystem today - ClubSport Pedals V3 Inverted, Black Friday price from US Fanatec site, plus $100 shipping. Of course I fully expect V4 will be announced in January...

Still it priced out to be only $20 more than the standard Clubsport V3 set I was planning to purchase from Amazon (the prices are inflated there), if I read the descriptions correctly the inverted set has the brake damping kit which is optional on the standard set.

Ordering from the site was a slow crawl but no crashing. Used Paypal like Fanatec recommended for first orders. Got order and payment confirmations.

The thing is I don't have a Fanatec wheel to go with it yet. Thinking about the CSL Elite PS4 version, but maybe I should go ClubSport instead?

Would the new McLaren wheel work on the CSL Elite base, looks like I'd need an adaptor?

Congratulations, I am envious.

Respectfully, I can't keep doing this. 5 hours deep of submitting and refreshing and the furthest I got was putting the v3i pedals in my cart, which are now gone.

8:15am here and my daughter will be up in a few and we will be off to get our Christmas tree. Not fair to my family to have me huddled around a screen all day.

So, will still try for CSW V2.5, Universal Hub, GT rim, V3 inverted pedals, Seq Shifter 1.5, break performance kit a little later.

@Fanatec... Is ClubSport Quick Release Adapter Black compatible with csw ? Is it easier to remove?

Edit:

I have severe Paralysis in one hand so I change rims mostly with one hand. There are times I knock myself in the face with current bmw rim. (It fits in tightly )

Finally it got trough!

Last edited:
Are these deals good throughout the weekend or just today?

And if just today how late does it go until?

I am not getting frustrated, but I honestly may have to give up today unless this gets better.

Considering the number of purchase items (6) and how we normally go about to doing this and I maybe have to do 20 steps/clicks before I am finally done with my transaction.

Last edited:
Is Anyone in UK able to reach @Fanatec... website? I am trying from morning and nothing has happened but this:
upload_2017-11-24_17-14-41.png

Finally got thru to place an order. Made it to the Paypal payment screen and back again to the Fanatec website. Order email is now sitting in my inbox. I can breathe now....

You have to be extremely patient and refresh when you hit a website error but don't refresh more than once.

I really don't understand people's need to rush. Deliveries of the McLaren GT3 wheel are alomst 3 months away! That being said, I couldn't resist the temptation myself and pre-ordered this evening. I hope the mid-february release is a strong hint of the Direct Drive wheels release.

But Fanatec please... Bring back the "Invite" system for the release of the Podium series Direct Drive wheelbase. Otherwise the entire internet will break down, when everyone wants to order at the same time.

Or maybe just launch new products on your website, without making an announcement before release.

Gentlemen,

Let this be a day of solemn rememberance. We took to the battlefield almost one half day ago and we fought the good fight...and we were victorious. There were trials. There were tribulations. There were bad refreshes and resubmits, that's for d*** sure. I know them and you know them, too. Still, we came out on the other side and held our glasses high. Authors, poets...and maybe some intellectually superior sim racers will speak of this day and,neigh, though some won't remember in time what they said about it, but all WILL remember what WE did!

In war and on Black Friday our credo is always "we never leave a man behind." However, sometimes our reach is exceeded only by our hopes.

Break Performance Kit...someone had to stay behind to make sure the rest of us made it to safety (checkout and processing). It is you most of all we thank for your sacrifice. Please rest assured that although you are gone, you are not forgotten...maybe if there is an Easter Sale. Know in earnest that should the V2.5, 1.5 Shifter, V3i Pedals, U Hub and GT rim have offspring that the middle name of each piece of hardware...will be "Kitty"...and although we may take another shot over the internet at pre-ordering the McLaren rim, for now, our day is done.

Sleep well weary gentlemen. Sleep and dream of first place finishes, podium triumphs and all while hanging out in your pajamas, wearing a good pair of slippers.

...and we shall all meet one day on the track and toast once again.

Sincerely,

Private BuckFly,
Fanatec Ecosystem

Gentlemen,

Let this be a day of solemn rememberance. We took to the battlefield almost one half day ago and we fought the good fight...and we were victorious. There were trials. There were tribulations. There were bad refreshes and resubmits, that's for d*** sure. I know them and you know them, too. Still, we came out on the other side and held our glasses high. Authors, poets...and maybe some intellectually superior sim racers will speak of this day and,neigh, though some won't remember in time what they said about it, but all WILL remember what WE did!

In war and on Black Friday our credo is always "we never leave a man behind." However, sometimes our reach is exceeded only by our hopes.

Break Performance Kit...someone had to stay behind to make sure the rest of us made it to safety (checkout and processing). It is you most of all we thank for your sacrifice. Please rest assured that although you are gone, you are not forgotten...maybe if there is an Easter Sale. Know in earnest that should the V2.5, 1.5 Shifter, V3i Pedals, U Hub and GT rim have offspring that the middle name of each piece of hardware...will be "Kitty"...and although we may take another shot over the internet at pre-ordering the McLaren rim, for now, our day is done.

Sleep well weary gentlemen. Sleep and dream of first place finishes, podium triumphs and all while hanging out in your pajamas, wearing a good pair of slippers.

...and we shall all meet one day on the track and toast once again.

Sincerely,

Private BuckFly,
Fanatec Ecosystem

Congrats on your purchase - persistence sometimes pays off.

I tried 12 hours ago and it didn't work. Gave up, went to bed and got up an hour ago and this time it worked - got the email confirmation for CSW V2.5, GT Uni Hub and CSL LC pedals.

Congrats on your purchase - persistence sometimes pays off.

I tried 12 hours ago and it didn't work. Gave up, went to bed and got up an hour ago and this time it worked - got the email confirmation for CSW V2.5, GT Uni Hub and CSL LC pedals.

Congratulations, gt_fan! Feels like a weight off your shoulders, doesn't it?

Although we are on opposite sides of the world we are now, brothers!

May I have $10, brother?

Wait, wait...I'm worried that what you thought you read was, "may I borrower $10?", when what I wrote was "May I have..."

:lol:

Just kidding! Congrats again! :cheers:

I really don't understand people's need to rush. Deliveries of the McLaren GT3 wheel are alomst 3 months away! That being said, I couldn't resist the temptation myself and pre-ordered this evening. I hope the mid-february release is a strong hint of the Direct Drive wheels release.

But Fanatec please... Bring back the "Invite" system for the release of the Podium series Direct Drive wheelbase. Otherwise the entire internet will break down, when everyone wants to order at the same time.

Or maybe just launch new products on your website, without making an announcement before release.

Oh, hell no. I was already planning to buy the Fanatec DD wheel but after my wheel broke the wait just became that much worse. Even after the good BF deals I decided to push on and wait. Now imagine waiting who knows how many more months for Fanatec to finally launch the wheel and not being able to buy it because of the invite system? Don't do it to me Fanatec, please.

Honestly, they just need a better server. Another option would be to open separate shop for preordering stuff.

So after the frustration of this morning I got home after a lovely evening and Italian meal with my family to find the website now working. Ordered the GT3 wheel and now the wait until February begins!

I placed my order this morning at 6:40am -5gmt. Got confirmation from PayPal but nothing from Fanatec. It's not even showing up on my orders placed list at their site.

This is a great time for people who like these kind of gear. I remember the times your only choice was basically a G25/G27 (without going bonkers on high end custom modded wheels etc.) now you even have Porsche/Ferrari/bmw and now McLaren wheel rim choices! Now give me a Mercedes Benz branded wheel!

Last edited:
I do hope the rest of you who want in, get in.

Btw, I did go back and order the McLaren.

I hope at some point we can order the Quick Release Kit b/c I didn’t see it anywhere.

Last edited:
On the Mclaren GT3 wheel page click the Accesories tab.

niplPeO.png

Thank you, Slim, but although i was able to order the rim earlier I was never able to get to the rim page. After multiple attempts i was only able to put it in my cart through the configurator portion in the first page.

@PzR Slim

I tried again and because of you, buddy, I got in and ordered it.

Now hopefully they will group it with my rim in shipping in February.

Slim, thank you, my friend.

I didn't even know about the quick release until after I saw people talking about it on Fanatec's Facebook page. I went back and ordered it. I noticed Fanatecs website, at least the North America version had a Black Friday's tab. the QD was listed on the bottom of that list, below the McLaren wheel. Decided to go with the extra QD because I like how the QD is on my Xbox Universal Hub.

I placed my order this morning at 6:40am -5gmt. Got confirmation from PayPal but nothing from Fanatec. It's not even showing up on my orders placed list at their site.

Update: Got an email confirmation from Fanatec at 18:10 -5gmt.

I'm really looking forward to the cspv3i pedals and csl elite for ps4. This will be my first time owning Fanatec equipment. Been using a T500.

Is the McLaren wheel price discounted or same price as launch in feb? Will there be a ps4 liscenced version released? This one looks like xbox, but says ps4 “ready”.

Is the McLaren wheel price discounted or same price as launch in feb? Will there be a ps4 liscenced version released? This one looks like xbox, but says ps4 “ready”.
I'm wondering the same as well regarding the price.

Having a PS4 version would kind of be redundant. This one already works on PS4 with the CSL E PS4 base but now adds Xbox compatibility which the old formula rim didn't have.

PS4 functionality is built into the wheel base on the CSL E PS4. Xbox functionality is built into the wheel rim.

To my undestanding (while reading the description) button caps are exchangeable and "racing" ones are included. So it is not realy an Xbox version.

Back