Fantasy Football 08/09

• Thread starter DQuaN
  • 185 comments
Coolness! I missed out last year, but can I join in the fun this time round?
I'm up at stupid'o'clock most weekends to catch the Liverpool/Northwich Victoria games on the web, but this'll add a little extra spice to the season!
chilipepper.gif
(That's a Chilli pepper, not my appendix! :lol:)

No problem.

Although I am tempted to switch to the Guardian Fantasy Football. I hear good things.

The Premier League FF is pretty good too, I usually do that one each season with some Ipswich fans on a Blues board.

Either way, I'll probably wait until a week 'til the season starts to decide if I'll enter this one.

No problem.

Although I am tempted to switch to the Guardian Fantasy Football. I hear good things.

The Guardian game was great a few years back... it was a bit more interesting since it was based on player values and was more "realistic", but it was also alot more time consuming, hence why I haven't done it the last two years...

I won a prize the last time I did a Guardian one, however - our "team" finished in the top 50 in the country (our combined league score) and I won a DVD trivia football quiz thingy, which is still in the box :D

Well, I'm getting too tired of waiting for the season to get underway already, so I've gone ahead and picked my team for the original Virgin Radio linked site!

Are we going to have a private group again? If so what's it called & what's the password?

I'm in too! Have my team picked out (with very little help from Smallhorses). Now all I need to do is start paying attention to the match reports on saturdays & sundays. What do I get if I win?!

Athletico Turismo II is in the house :D

Hopefully finish better than 3rd place this time ;)

Do you want to create the league, Dunc?

Last edited:
Can do. Although i'm wondering whether i'm allowed in more than one league.

I've created one with work you see! Perhaps you could make it and i'll try and join.

OK...

League is called GTPlanet (💡) and the pin number is 1597

edit: I think you can join more than one league 👍

Registered and requested. I'm really happy with my team. 👍

Check your spam/junk mail - these confirmation emails often go straight to my junk mail folder

It wasn't in there either. 2 days later I did another team and yet again it didnt send me any emails. Ill try again via a different email tonight.

Okay, I made my team. As soon as I get my activation e-mail, MP United will be online.

If you aren't getting a confirmation e-mail, you can always send a blank email to virginradiopremactivations@fantasyleague.com and the address you send from will automatically associate with your registered account info and activate your team.

Have you seen who's winning!?!?!

Well that'll teach me to be stubborn and refuse to help out! :ouch:
Rachel asked for help with her team as I'd been ribbing her about being a "plastic" Man U. fan, i.e. only bothered when they're winning stuff, so I said she should do her own research about who plays, where they play and who they play for and pick her own team. 👍
Guess I should've helped after all, I need some company down here in negative points-land. :grumpy:
Oh well, guess I'll go and see how Luton are doing! :P

:lol:

I did think that your team was a good one, Rachel... but I also thought Nick's was pretty good too. Still, it's early doors... prob not a good idea to panic-sell anyone just yet. Still, 13 points is the top score in the other league I'm in aswell, so that's a pretty excellent haul for Week 1...

Still, it's good that someone scored -1, because it means that if anyone else want to join in, they won't even be in last spot despite having a score of zero :D

If it makes you feel any better, my stellar defence (which I am banking on to deliver me points) managed to conspire between them to get a net score of -2 :grumpy:

Last edited:
I just need Adebayor and Torres to have similar seasons to 07 and I'm in serious business.

Position - player - team - goals - assists - points
1 Mike Trus Cult of the Season 6 7 49
2 Alex Gibbons Penguins United 3 4 30
3 Rachel Emeryville Rovers 3 5 29
4 Marc P MP United 2 7 25
5 Duncan Hutchison Claygate City 2 3 22
6 Chris Mars Athletico Turismo II 1 2 21
7 Nick Whisky Nick & His Yellow Kidneys 3 1 15

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm well disappointed with my team. Little did I know that Berbatov would not get off his arse and that Fabregas was injured :ouch: Now Man City (yes, Man City!) look like they are going to get Berbatov, and Torres is injured. What a bunch of donkeys my dream team is turning out to be :indiff: 👎 Still, impressive scores at the top of our league already... I'm in another league with some non-GTP mates at the top scorer is only on 41...

Unlike last year i didnt make 4 transfers after the first week which is a good thing. Im waiting for some deals to be done today and then I'll see if I change it a little although its going well right now.

If only Fabregas was playing, Tottenham wernt leaking goals and Man City would win more often if be doing better.

Back