Fantasy Football 08/09

• Thread starter DQuaN
  • 185 comments
Ah... I see 💡

Maybe not a bad idea, given that every point will count. Having two non-players in your back four might be good if next weekend turns out to be an end-of-season goal fest, but then again, it's a big gamble. I think you need Fulham to do you a favour and score atleast one goal next weekend, although I don't see that happening myself...

And he's come very close already - hit the bar in the first half!

edit 2: And he's done it! Big goal for Smallhorses!

Yeah, well I ran out of current transfers and it was too late to do anything about it. That's been my problem this season... picking people who turn out to be injured or inactive. Congrats to you guys.

Just in case anyone not active in the Fantasy League is interested, here's the final standings, so you can see who finished where, and start plotting your strategies and monitoring the transfer market for the beginning of next season. 👍

Code:
[COLOR="Red"]Pos.[/COLOR]   [B]Manager[/B]      [COLOR="darkorange"]Team Name[/COLOR]              [COLOR="YellowGreen"]Goals[/COLOR] [COLOR="Purple"]Assists[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"][B]Points[/B][/COLOR] 
[COLOR="red"]1[/COLOR]      [B]Touring Mars[/B] [COLOR="darkorange"]Athletico Turismo II [/COLOR]    [COLOR="yellowgreen"]55[/COLOR]     [COLOR="purple"]55[/COLOR]    [COLOR="blue"][B]563[/B][/COLOR] [IMG]http://www.gtpla.net/forum/images/smilies/more/goldmedal.gif[/IMG]
[COLOR="red"]2 [/COLOR]     [B]Smallhorses[/B]  [SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Whisky Nick & His Yellow Kidneys[/COLOR][/SIZE] [COLOR="yellowgreen"]59[/COLOR]     [COLOR="purple"]49[/COLOR]    [COLOR="blue"][B]526[/B][/COLOR] [IMG]http://www.gtpla.net/forum/images/smilies/more/silvermedal.gif[/IMG]
[COLOR="red"]3[/COLOR]      [B]Omnis[/B]        [COLOR="darkorange"]MP United [/COLOR]               [COLOR="yellowgreen"]49[/COLOR]     [COLOR="purple"]43[/COLOR]    [COLOR="blue"][B]510[/B][/COLOR] [IMG]http://www.gtpla.net/forum/images/smilies/more/bronzemedal.gif[/IMG]
[COLOR="red"]4[/COLOR]      [B]itgirlxx[/B]     [COLOR="darkorange"]Emeryville Rovers[/COLOR]        [COLOR="yellowgreen"]46[/COLOR]     [COLOR="purple"]48[/COLOR]    [COLOR="blue"][B]492[/B][/COLOR] 
[COLOR="red"]5[/COLOR]      [B]Alex.[/B]        [COLOR="darkorange"]Penguins United[/COLOR]          [COLOR="yellowgreen"]49[/COLOR]     [COLOR="purple"]46[/COLOR]    [COLOR="blue"][B]433[/B][/COLOR] 
[COLOR="red"]6[/COLOR]      [B]Only_in_f1[/B]   [COLOR="darkorange"]Cult of the Season[/COLOR]       [COLOR="yellowgreen"]41[/COLOR]     [COLOR="purple"]38[/COLOR]    [COLOR="blue"][B]398[/B][/COLOR] 
[COLOR="red"]7[/COLOR]      [B]Dunc[/B]         [COLOR="darkorange"]Claygate City[/COLOR]            [COLOR="yellowgreen"]33[/COLOR]     [COLOR="purple"]35[/COLOR]    [COLOR="blue"][B]358[/B][/COLOR]

:D Thanks folks :cheers:

And congrats on holding on to second, Nick, despite a spirited effort by MP United. Emeryville were well represented, scoring 2nd and 4th, although it was the plucky Scots who finally won something :dopey:

I would like to thank my star players, but the less said about my several donkeys, the better!

Code:
[B][COLOR="YellowGreen"]STARS[/COLOR][/B]

MG	[B][COLOR="Green"]A Ferguson	[/COLOR][/B]MU	38 [B][COLOR="Green"]90[/COLOR][/B]

CB	[B][COLOR="Green"]N Vidic	        [/COLOR][/B]MU	33 [B][COLOR="Green"]75[/COLOR][/B]

FB	[B][COLOR="Green"]J Bosingwa[/COLOR][/B]	CHE	23 [B][COLOR="Green"]50[/COLOR][/B]	

MF	[B][COLOR="Green"]S Gerrard	[/COLOR][/B]LIV	16 [B][COLOR="Green"]48[/COLOR][/B]

ST	[B][COLOR="Green"]Robinho  [/COLOR][/B]	MC	20[B][COLOR="Green"] 41[/COLOR][/B]	

[B][COLOR="Sienna"]DONKEYS[/COLOR][/B]

FB	[COLOR="Red"]M Figueroa[/COLOR]    WIG     11 [COLOR="Red"]-2[/COLOR]

MF	[COLOR="Red"]C Fabregas[/COLOR]    ARS      4 [COLOR="Red"]0[/COLOR]	

ST	[COLOR="Red"]N Anelka[/COLOR]      CHE      4 [COLOR="Red"]0[/COLOR]

Yeah, I think Fergie scored more than any one player did. :lol: He's certainly my MVP. (err.. MVM)

Speaking of "Special" players....
I've just updated the Special 1 TV thread with the latest episodes and since I've been plugging them here all season, what better way to round off the Fantasy League season than with a good laugh? Especially at the newly announced Special 1 TV signing for next season, and his own Special Bonus Episode from Washington, DC. :D

Back