Fastest 600 PP car?

• Thread starter Biggles
  • 118 comments

Which is the fastest (most competitive) 600 PP car?

• Nissan GT-R '07

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Audi R8 4.2 FSI R tronic '07

Votes: 20 18.7%
  • BMW M3 Coupe '07

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Ferrari F430 '06

Votes: 25 23.4%
  • Nissan Skyline Coupe /Tuned

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Amuse/Opera Gran Turismo 350Z RS

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Clio Renault Sport V6 /Tuned

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Lotus Elise /Tuned

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X /Tuned

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Nissan Skyline GT-R V-spec II Nur '02

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Subaru Impreza WRX STI Type RA '05

Votes: 12 11.2%
  • Honda NSX Type R '02

Votes: 21 19.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I drive a black NSX-R around 600PP and I can keep up with the R8s and Ferraris, but I say R8s is more consistent, but if you have the right settings and driving skills, I would say the NSX-R.

This poll shows the pp system doesn't work quite right

In practice the differences between 600pp cars can be as much as 7 seconds.

It's only because of the rubber band boost that the R8, F430, EVOs, NSX, and Subarus don't rocket off in the distance compared to other cars

I think it would be unreasonable & uninteresting to expect ALL the 600 PP cars to be identically competitive.

I'm surprised no-one favours the Clio: in my experience, I would always expect to beat an R8 on Suzuka with my Clio. I also expect to beat Evos & STi's, GT-Rs, Skylines & 350Zs etc. But in the hands of a good driver, any of these cars can win & a given race can go either way depending on who makes an error.

The NSX is potentially fast, but it's definitely a challenging car to drive & I haven't encountered anyone who can consistently win with it. (I raced vanos2990 - a very good NSX driver - to a 7.07.742 tie in one race on Suzuka this evening. :) )

I believe the F430 has a slight overall edge, but still needs to be driven very well to win consistently.

Judging from all the different votes and the variety of cars I see online, I say the PP system is working fine. Ofcourse some cars are going to be faster than others, but it's not like we see just one car in online races because it is significantly faster than all the others, as was the case with the Lotus in the initial release of GT5P. I find it pretty balanced the way it is now.

Dear GTP,

I won't be happy with the balance until I can choose any 600pp car and be competitive

I doubt that will happen, and I refuse to be forced to drive one of the 4 or 5 cars capable of winning at 600pp or worst one of the 2 cars, Ford GT LM or Amuse S2000, capable of winning 750pp.

So I'll stick to racing scheduled events here that ensure equal racing and will continue my hiatus from random pickup events in GT5P online

It's simple, I want to drive my favorite car and be able to win with it if I'm the best driver in the race. Currently that's not possible.

Too many times I have been annihilated by Subarus who drift around corners and through grass at Fuji when I'm driving a solid race in a well tuned Viper SRT10

I use to drive a Ford GT LM Test car at the high pp races because I was a fan of the GT long before GT5P was released, but when everyone started to drive it I wanted to move on to a different car and found out I couldn't, because the GT was the class of the field outside of the S2000 by 2 seconds or more

Thanks for reading,

Earth

NSX is fastest IMO, but takes some skill to pedal quickly on S2's... only people I've come across who can really drive it though are Truth123, GTNDC_Honeycar and Zabu (sic?).

I'm not sure, but i remember that for the 600 races your lotus cannot be tuned, i think i got stuck around 601/2 PP with the tuned ones.
The stock lotus can be driven on the 600, i'm quite sure of that.

Can anyone confirm this

Can anyone confirm this

Yes you're quite right:) Ever since the 'Spec II' update, the tuned elises had their PPs changed and can only be entered into 750pp races. I've been using a yellow one recently:sly:

It's very difficult to decide which car is the most competitive until things like the rubber band effect is ditched. Tyre wear would also favour most of the RWD cars when/if it is introduced:tup:

I'm not sure, but i remember that for the 600 races your lotus cannot be tuned, i think i got stuck around 601/2 PP with the tuned ones.

Can anyone confirm this

I tried the Elise 111R at Suzuka (PP600) in free run last night but quickly put it back in the garage... it just doesn't have the straight line speed to be competitive. Plus the power/torque curve has a huge hole in the mid range, making gear tuning almost impossible.

Yes you're quite right:) Ever since the 'Spec II' update, the tuned elises had their PPs changed and can only be entered into 750pp races. I've been using a yellow one recently:sly:

It's very difficult to decide which car is the most competitive until things like the rubber band effect is ditched. Tyre wear would also favour most of the RWD cars when/if it is introduced:tup:

And for the better too, it was pretty boring seeing whole fields of Lotus Elise's in PP650 - I hope they bring back that PP category though, and PP550 and 700.

I won't be happy with the balance until I can choose any 600pp car and be competitive

I doubt that will happen, and I refuse to be forced to drive one of the 4 or 5 cars capable of winning at 600pp or worst one of the 2 cars, Ford GT LM or Amuse S2000, capable of winning 750pp.

So I'll stick to racing scheduled events here that ensure equal racing and will continue my hiatus from random pickup events in GT5P online

It's simple, I want to drive my favorite car and be able to win with it if I'm the best driver in the race. Currently that's not possible.

Too many times I have been annihilated by Subarus who drift around corners and through grass at Fuji when I'm driving a solid race in a well tuned Viper SRT10

I use to drive a Ford GT LM Test car at the high pp races because I was a fan of the GT long before GT5P was released, but when everyone started to drive it I wanted to move on to a different car and found out I couldn't, because the GT was the class of the field outside of the S2000 by 2 seconds or more
Thanks for reading,
Earth

I agree that it would be nice to drive a variety of cars online & be competitive (personally, I think the F40 is probably the most interesting car to drive). I think the answer to that is scheduled "class" races when we get private rooms. 👍

Dear GTP,

Thanks for reading,

Earth

I run a Evo X/Tuned (738pp) in the 750PP online and place 1st 50% of the time and 2nd or 3rd most of the time. All the while driving a "solid race".

In short...suck it up princess ;)

I think the R8 and GT-R are the easiest to win with, but F430 or NSX are the fastest in the hands of a good driver.

Well, you've got two somewhat different tracks listed there, so the answer may not be the same for both. I think the Lotus might be quickest around Suzuka in the right hands, but definitely not around Fuji because of the long straight.

If forced to choose a single car for these I would have to go with the R8, because it is 100% predictable and never does anything you don't expect or which might make it challenging. IMHO it is also incredibly boring to drive for this exact reason.

The Ferrari f430 is also very fast and a LOT more fun to drive.

But, in the end, I actually find myself entering the Ferrari 512b in the 600pp races more than anything else, because it is so much fun to drive, even if my lap-times around Fuji in it are easily 3 to 4 seconds off the R8 or the f430.

so far i tested and race 3 cars on suzuka. Evo IX , Nissan GTR , Bmw M3 and out of those i was the best in the M3. Its very tricky since its a RWD but with the right control and feeling of the car its very competitive.

Chris

I run a Evo X/Tuned (738pp) in the 750PP online and place 1st 50% of the time and 2nd or 3rd most of the time. All the while driving a "solid race".

In short...suck it up princess ;)

Listen to me and listen to me closely, I'm going to give you a lesson about online racing and if you're smart you'll thank me when I'm done.

If you're going to drag a four wheel drive Evolution X into 750pp you have no right to call anyone but yourself a blouse wearing princess

I dont' know what clowns you're racing but wait until you run into the likes of Div, Wonderwiley, CWR and Cudadude in properly tuned and driven Ford GT Test Cars or Amuse S2000s driving that big blouse of yours.

I've seen your type before, the type that claims all hacks will go flying off the next turn after they punt you because they can't drive, or you claim the better driver always overcomes hacks and wins.

I know what you're thinking right now, you don't believe me, you've won 50% of the time driving the big blouse, so therefore your experience online, while I'm sure it's been quite brief, can speak for everyone and anyone who says different is a whining princess because again, you have the same mindset as those who say "punters aren't a big deal, just pass them on the next straight".

Once you come face to face with the reality of GT5P online like others who have had a similiar, flawed mindset, which will be very soon if you race more, you'll understand everything I said to you is very true and you won't go off making uneducated remarks, I promise you.

I know the look that's on your face right now, the look of disbelief, I've seen that look too many times, I'm teaching you about the harsh realities of GT5P online, and you can ignore the realities as much as you would like even when they become painfully obvious, but you'll do more then hurt yourself, you'll infect this forum by spreading false, parasitic information like you did in the post I'm replying to.

^Rofl, wow Earth, you really know how to make a post sound hyper-serious. Its almost like he killed someone or something. :rolleyes:

I do, however, agree with what you have said, but I think you've over-reacted just a tiny bit.

Err... this thread is bout 600 PP not 750 PP. I haven't spent much time on 750 PP (too much of a bash-fest in my experience), so I won't comment on that, but in 600 PP, I believe there are quite a few cars - AWD & RWD - that are, at the least, "competitive".

Earth

Hey Earth,

We've raced quite a bit before, and I do understand what you're talking about here. It is definitely frustrating when you find that the cars you really LOVE to drive just aren't competitive. When practicing for the 600pp races, I found out that no matter how much I practice in the Ferrari 512, I could beat my best time in that car with the R8 by several seconds, even though I know the 512 "like the back of my hand" and have driven the R8 for a total of about 20 minutes. Obviously something is broken in the PP system.

But, that said, I have always been "blessed" with an attitude that as long as I do my best and play cleanly (at anything, not just GT5P), then it doesn't matter too me a whole lot if I win. As you might imagine, this did NOT make me popular at team sports :-)

So, I have, for the most part, simply continued to drive the cars I enjoy, even though it may be harder to win, like taking the Ferrari 512 to Suzuka or Fuji. Or, sometimes, like the Lotus Elise IIIr running at 500pp daytona road, you find out the car you like most happens to be too good and nobody can touch you in it. So be it.

I've also found that I can still be competitive in many of these cars if I have a little patience and wait for someone else to screw up. For example, I've been consistently taking one of the top three spots in Daytona Oval in the Lotus Elise Tuned and in the Ford GT LM, but it is much more FUN in the Elise, because in order to get a trophy drafting well is absolutely critical. With the Ford GT if I get the lead position I can often hold it, but not in the Lotus... I also manage wins in the Elise IIIr at High Speed ring, but it is difficult, the S2000 is simply overpowering there.

I realize I've just continued an off-topic part of this thread, sorry!

So, back to the 600pp discussion. No, the cars are not evenly matched. Yes, I am frustrated that I can't really tune them the way I would like because I'm forced into only 1 tire choice. The best you can do therefore is sit back, relax, drive what you want, do the best you can, race as cleanly as your ability allows, and enjoy...

Even the punters don't really get to me now. I just hold on, try to stay in the race, and have fun. (If you haven't seen it yet, this best illustrates my new attitude towards punters):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbzkO9hUeEs&feature=PlayList&p=F1A8DEE9508F1EC8&index=0 )

No, the cars are not evenly matched.

Some of the cars are definitely NOT competitive. But I do think there are at least 6 or 7 cars that, driven well, are capable of winning & where the result of the race (punters permitting :rolleyes:) comes down to who avoids any mistakes & hits the apex most cleanly.

Whenever I'm properly beaten it's usually by a hotshot in an F430, so I vote that.

Some of the cars are definitely NOT competitive.

I agree, I race the Audi TT in PP600 and it's a hell of a struggle! I think I've only won in that car once, but I have got regular podium places.

Yeah, I love my old GTS Viper, but fact of the matter is it's a very difficult car to win a race in, especially against good drivers in R8s, Evos, WRX's and Hondas.

It doesn't bother me that I can't win driving the old bird, but as long as I have FUN doing so, even if I come last, then that's okay.

The PP system is either flawed or we're all missing something. I think it's flawed.

BTW, Earth, don't be a hermit, come out and play online! It's not THAT bad and you'll find lately that most of the time (not all) you can have a decent race and have fun.

BTW, I'm a blouse-wearing princess who passes punters on the next straight!

;)

Listen to me and listen to me closely, I'm going to give you a lesson about online racing and if you're smart you'll thank me when I'm done.

If you're going to drag a four wheel drive Evolution X into 750pp you have no right to call anyone but yourself a blouse wearing princess

I dont' know what clowns you're racing but wait until you run into the likes of Div, Wonderwiley, CWR and Cudadude in properly tuned and driven Ford GT Test Cars or Amuse S2000s driving that big blouse of yours.

I've seen your type before, the type that claims all hacks will go flying off the next turn after they punt you because they can't drive, or you claim the better driver always overcomes hacks and wins.

I know what you're thinking right now, you don't believe me, you've won 50% of the time driving the big blouse, so therefore your experience online, while I'm sure it's been quite brief, can speak for everyone and anyone who says different is a whining princess because again, you have the same mindset as those who say "punters aren't a big deal, just pass them on the next straight".

Once you come face to face with the reality of GT5P online like others who have had a similiar, flawed mindset, which will be very soon if you race more, you'll understand everything I said to you is very true and you won't go off making uneducated remarks, I promise you.

I know the look that's on your face right now, the look of disbelief, I've seen that look too many times, I'm teaching you about the harsh realities of GT5P online, and you can ignore the realities as much as you would like even when they become painfully obvious, but you'll do more then hurt yourself, you'll infect this forum by spreading false, parasitic information like you did in the post I'm replying to.

Sup Earth, I just wanted to comment about what you said. For the most part I agree with what you said but this is one of the Evo drivers I will stick up for, this guy is fast, really fast. I ran with him earlier this week and I had to work hard. I had ton more power on the straights but in the corners he was on my tail the whole time and very tidy this is one of the guys that would be fast in any car. So I'm not saying your wrong, just wrong about gitSehT, peace...

How better is it to drive with a wheel? I know I can go faster but sometimes I get alittle off handed on the analog stick. If it's a big advantage I am going right now and get myself the new wheel for Gran Turismo 5 from Logitech.

Indeed, we tend to see a lot of these clowns on the race, and to be quite honest, their racing isn't quite on par with their loud mouths:dunce:

I thought the whole point of PP was to match cars as evenly as possible, therefore driver merit is what would shine in a race

Up to a point, that's true. However, I think it would be unrealistic if all the cars performed equivalently when tuned to 600 PP - the whole process would just become too artificial & contrived & the cars would no longer reflect their RL character.

Haven't come across you recently, wonderwiley - where've you bin hanging out?

How better is it to drive with a wheel? I know I can go faster but sometimes I get alittle off handed on the analog stick. If it's a big advantage I am going right now and get myself the new wheel for Gran Turismo 5 from Logitech.

It's not necessarily about how much faster it is, but how much more fun it is. Get a wheel.

Back