Fastest 600 PP car?

• Thread starter Biggles
  • 118 comments

Which is the fastest (most competitive) 600 PP car?

• Nissan GT-R '07

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Audi R8 4.2 FSI R tronic '07

Votes: 20 18.7%
  • BMW M3 Coupe '07

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Ferrari F430 '06

Votes: 25 23.4%
  • Nissan Skyline Coupe /Tuned

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Amuse/Opera Gran Turismo 350Z RS

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Clio Renault Sport V6 /Tuned

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Lotus Elise /Tuned

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X /Tuned

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Nissan Skyline GT-R V-spec II Nur '02

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Subaru Impreza WRX STI Type RA '05

Votes: 12 11.2%
  • Honda NSX Type R '02

Votes: 21 19.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have recently found a new quick car called the mitsubishi evo 9 GT concept where im able to match those ferraris!!!

Sup Earth, I just wanted to comment about what you said. For the most part I agree with what you said but this is one of the Evo drivers I will stick up for, this guy is fast, really fast. I ran with him earlier this week and I had to work hard. I had ton more power on the straights but in the corners he was on my tail the whole time and very tidy this is one of the guys that would be fast in any car. So I'm not saying your wrong, just wrong about gitSehT, peace...

Rabbitude! Thanks for getting my back, I am afraid that Earth took my statement the wrong way. I drive all types of cars and like to switch it up, i just was trying to say that your car does not have to be maxed out PP wise to win.

Earth, I have raced a few of the guys you mention, some I traded 1st place with a few times, some beat me by 3-5 seconds, but I held my own thanks (of course 1 or 2 times i played in the kitty litter too).

Edit: I just read your post again and I am a bit confused...what did I learn? What did you teach me? If there is no particular class of car that the race is limited too why should I pick a car that is ill suited to the track? I find I can maintain enough speed through the straights to keep a lead while destroying others through the esses. Hell I will even run the EVO through on HSR if it suits me (and win sometimes). If what you are "trying" to say is that 4 wheel drive is an unfair advantage, then say that, but I think having a 12 point handicap makes up the difference. I drive various cars when I feel like it (period).

After seeing the ground shattering display yesterday by zabeu[GB] in his yellow NSX whilst he pulled a staggering 6'54 over three laps, I'll be damned if anyone runs a quicker time than that. I pulled a sub 7 minute time with Weary yesterday (we were all hovering around the mid to high 6'50's, and having watched zab come from behind to overtake all three of us, I'm convinced that the NSX is the fastest, best 600PP car available at the moment in the right hands.

I couldn't do anywhere near what he did and I was in an R8, which made me feel rather inferior, because he was having a much more difficult time punching out of some corners as I could see him getting lots of welly through Dunlop, 200R and the run onto the main straight.

Has anyone run under a 6'54 over three laps at Suzuka?

I just cant get the setup right for the F430 which handles like a dog and the NSX is the same its annoying when i see them fly past me and stable round the corners where i have massive oversteer!!

I was in a race 2 nights ago with 3 cars: Evo, STi, & my Clio. It was a tight, error-free race from start to finish. First & second finished 6.54xxx & third 6.55xxx. I suspect that's the key to a fast 3 laps: no rear-marker to slow things up, but how exactly the boost works is still a mystery to me. More typical winning times in a fastish race seem to be around 7.05 - 7.10 - which is a huge difference from 6.54.

I can lap the R8 around Suzuka in 2:17.xxx, but the F430 I can only get 2:19.xxx. Is there a secret to the F-Car. I would love to fly the Scuderia's Rosso color at the front, but I can't figure the car out.

I'm not comparing times, Div, but with boost or without, 6'54 is still a damned quick time and with boost only seeming to affect racers at the back of the field, it's unlikely that someone at the back of the field would be able to score a time like that. I'm not saying it's a record, but I am saying that it's a very quick time for a 600PP NSX and if zabeu can run a 6'54 in that car, then that means it's a very competitive weapon doesn't it?

i saw already a 6:46x, something like that.
Bul-GTRP has done 2 or 3 days ago a 2:07xx.
e040.gif

just know i finshed a race with 6:51.....

2:16,5xx was my best lap with the Evo X in free run, but that was only 3 laps. ;)

My personal opinion is the F430 it is just so damn quick and nimble:mad:, they are the only car in the 600 races that once they have overtaken me are gone into the horizon.:ill:

i saw already a 6:46x, something like that.
Bul-GTRP has done 2 or 3 days ago a 2:07xx.
e040.gif

just know i finshed a race with 6:51.....

2:16,5xx was my best lap with the Evo X in free run, but that was only 3 laps. ;)

W.O.W.

That's unreal, wish I could have been part of that race!

:crazy:

6.54xxx are the fastest times I have seen. The difference between that & the more normal 7.05 - 7.10 finish times in clean races, seems too great to be just the result of faster driving, don't you think? If I'm running time trials the usual variation in times on basically clean laps tends to be about 1 - 1.5 secs max.

6.51xxx seems dubious: 3 x 2.17 (including standing start), but faintly possible with perfect drafting (which would need to be 2 cars exchanging the lead). 6.46 is surely completely unrealistic, & even one unrealistic time calls into question the integrity of the whole system. :odd:

Up to a point, that's true. However, I think it would be unrealistic if all the cars performed equivalently when tuned to 600 PP - the whole process would just become too artificial & contrived & the cars would no longer reflect their RL character.

Haven't come across you recently, wonderwiley - where've you bin hanging out?

It's not necessarily about how much faster it is, but how much more fun it is. Get a wheel.

LOL...alright mate. Now should I go with DFGT4 or DFGT5?

After seeing the ground shattering display yesterday by zabeu[GB] in his yellow NSX whilst he pulled a staggering 6'54 over three laps, I'll be damned if anyone runs a quicker time than that. I pulled a sub 7 minute time with Weary yesterday (we were all hovering around the mid to high 6'50's, and having watched zab come from behind to overtake all three of us, I'm convinced that the NSX is the fastest, best 600PP car available at the moment in the right hands.

I couldn't do anywhere near what he did and I was in an R8, which made me feel rather inferior, because he was having a much more difficult time punching out of some corners as I could see him getting lots of welly through Dunlop, 200R and the run onto the main straight.

Has anyone run under a 6'54 over three laps at Suzuka?

I have run a 6'53 time at suzuka in the Audi R8, but other than that i usually run between the 6'55 -7'05 range.

LOL...alright mate. Now should I go with DFGT4 or DFGT5?

Get the G25. I'm embarrassed to admit that I must have close to 1,000 hours on the G25 already. The extra $100 for the G25 is a great investment amortized over the life-time of the wheel.

Biggles I would get the G25 but I just don't have all that cash right now since I wanna save alittle for the cockpit you know....But I think I've made up my mind and after watching and seeing the MAN himself using the new Logitech DFP I am going for it and I just dig a lot the new red button that lets you tweak everything from traction control to stability control and much more. Awesome.

From my Suzuka track experience I'd say that in capable hands and all other things being equal (as far as that can be applied here ;) the F430, the NSX, the '05 WRX and the unlisted Evo X GSR are all competitive. The latter is quite popular among the GTRP folks who can pride themselves of some stunningly quick and competitive drivers. Rudi himself is an awesome racer, capable of beating any other car in that Evo of his.

Of course with the turn one pile-up ritual and the ensuing gaps, there are other cars, mostly AWD, that can pull ahead from a good starting position and go on to win races. For example, there are a few R8 out there being moved very, very swiftly. But in the end they are all let down by major weak spots, the R8's of course being a severe lack in top speed.

I think the 600 class is actually pretty well-weighted. I'd like to have more MR cars at my disposal but since my love for the NSX never seems to fade, I'm OK with it for the time being.

Biggles I would get the G25 but I just don't have all that cash right now since I wanna save alittle for the cockpit you know....But I think I've made up my mind and after watching and seeing the MAN himself using the new Logitech DFP I am going for it and I just dig a lot the new red button that lets you tweak everything from traction control to stability control and much more. Awesome.

But you can tweak those on the other wheels.

True!!! Still I just like this one better. G25 and 911 are good wheels but I just don't see too crazy about it. For now I will stay with the Logitech DFP and since I am building a cockpit for myself I think I will stay on $300 range and that's fine by me! :P

I drive the NSX most of the time but this last week ive tried the tuned Clio and have found it to be almost as fast as the NSX. Ive done a 54 in the NSX but in only a few days of using the Clio ive already done 55 3 times. Its fun to drive you really have to push hard to go fast but with the NSX I feel like I am almost nursing the car around the track.

I'm getting close to that: 6'53.149

Racers: nd4goldenspd and me

Lap times:
2'19.3
2'16.6
2'17.X

btw: did that is an Audi R8 with the NLxAROSA tune and some modified gear ratios.

here we go, yesterday evening 7:45

GTP-Volcano
muffin-GTRP
and me.

lap times:

and that was not prefect racing.

Thanks for posting Rudi. Looked like really fast laps to me (except a little wide on the hairpin the first 2 times ;) ). Was that in an Evo? I see it doing things in the corners that I know my Clio couldn't do + really fast low gear acceleration - but I don't see most other Evo drivers achieving that either!

I'm thinking your time could be good - just 3 really fast laps, it's the 6.46xxx that is surely impossible, & as I said one impossible time calls the whole process into question.

Thanks for posting Rudi. Looked like really fast laps to me (except a little wide on the hairpin the first 2 times ;) ). Was that in an Evo? I see it doing things in the corners that I know my Clio couldn't do + really fast low gear acceleration - but I don't see most other Evo drivers achieving that either!

Yes, Rudi, thanks much for sharing. I had been wondering how you drive after comprehensively destroying me the one time we raced. You drive beautifully. I agree with simcoeace that it is interesting how differently one can drive the AWD versus the RWD. Your throttle application is almost ON/OFF with very little modulation. I have only driven the RWD cars and would be doing doughnuts trying to drive with throttle use like that, although I think you're a far better driver than me anyway.

Also interesting to see that you use the lookback button even though you have the mirror on your forward looking screen. Anyway, thanks again.

thx for all this comliments. :embarrassed:

Also interesting to see that you use the lookback button even though you have the mirror on your forward looking screen.

i do that just for the replays, so its better to see whats happend behind me. ;)

i do that just for the replays, so its better to see whats happend behind me. ;)

That's so funny. They used to talk about Schumi and the fact that he had higher work rates and capabilities in the car because his mental and physical driving capacities far exceeded everyone else. He was the first driver that I saw regularly adjusting brake balance between corners. Now here you are driving around so the replays look good and I'm fighting to stay pointed in the right direction. It just ain't fair :grumpy:

I would consider myself a competent driver, and consistent with comments in another thread made by a fellow RWD afficionado, I have to change my mind and say that AWD (I guess Evo X, R8) takes the nod in the hands of a good driver. That's not to take away from AWD driving skills - in fact, I think one has to be a damn good driver to extract everything from AWD. But the question is which is the fastest car, and I have yet to see a RWD car going that fast. It just may be you...or perhaps I've laid down the challenge to all the RWD guys out there to Bring it on!!!

Well, the odd thing about this poll is the amount of support for the NSX, yet I hardly ever see anyone driving one online, & nobody has struck me as being competitive in it. Maybe it's a PAL thing?

Latest Posts

Back