Fastest 600 PP car?

• Thread starter Biggles
  • 118 comments

Which is the fastest (most competitive) 600 PP car?

• Nissan GT-R '07

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Audi R8 4.2 FSI R tronic '07

Votes: 20 18.7%
  • BMW M3 Coupe '07

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Ferrari F430 '06

Votes: 25 23.4%
  • Nissan Skyline Coupe /Tuned

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Amuse/Opera Gran Turismo 350Z RS

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Clio Renault Sport V6 /Tuned

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Lotus Elise /Tuned

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X /Tuned

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Nissan Skyline GT-R V-spec II Nur '02

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Subaru Impreza WRX STI Type RA '05

Votes: 12 11.2%
  • Honda NSX Type R '02

Votes: 21 19.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There are some serious NSX guys out there. Zabeu and Truth123 are by far the best NSX driver's I've ever seen and when these two guys are on fire, they're untouchable. One on one with these two, I'd lose, and I haven't got an answer for them. Frustrating, yes, but it honours me to be driving against two guys who can seriously handle a mid-engined car that well and who never make mistakes. You gotta be on the ball ALL the time around these two - plain and simple, they're arse kickers in the NSX.

I would really like some of you proper drivers to try my R8 setup, and tell me what it's capable of.
I can do high 2.17's (Suzuka 600PP) using the sixaxis controller, but I'm sure it's capable of going faster.
I've tried other published setups, but I'm quicker with my own.

Power 371 -9
Weight 1341 86%
Tyres S2
Ride height -18 / -15
Spring rate 4 / 3
Damper 4 / 4
Toe -0.16 / +0.06
Camber 2.4 / 2.0
Brake Bal 6 / 5
Max turn ang 40
TCS off
ABS 1

Ratios
1st 3.707
2nd 2.418
3rd 1.878
4th 1.505
5th 1.240
6th 1.007
Final 3.535

Tell me what it'll do please.

Phil

There are some serious NSX guys out there. Zabeu and Truth123 are by far the best NSX driver's I've ever seen and when these two guys are on fire, they're untouchable.

are you sure theese are the only drivers that can handle a NSX in a fast way?

untouchable?

by far?

zabeu what do you say?

;)

..well, my post sounds like a Sissi...sorry for that...Hope to see ya on track once AERO ;)

I have changed my opinion on the fastest car/cars for the 600 class, this is based on me driving the Suzuka 600 class alot with other forum members.

RWD - Is easily the NSX - zabeu and honeycar rock in these cars, they are uncatchable.:ill: :bowdown:

4WD - Is a toss up between any of the EVO's or Subaru's. The R8 is a beautiful car but it just can't keep up on the straights.

Just tried the NSX in race, three players, one was just standing there, so he was 1lap behind, 2nd was 4sec behind me, lap: 1'16.7xx

I drive the NSX most of the time but this last week ive tried the tuned Clio and have found it to be almost as fast as the NSX. Ive done a 54 in the NSX but in only a few days of using the Clio ive already done 55 3 times. Its fun to drive you really have to push hard to go fast but with the NSX I feel like I am almost nursing the car around the track.

I love the Clio because it's spunky, light & agile: like a rally car. It has the MR feel when you push it hard, but not as slippery as the NSX.

How do find the Clio, Timppaq?

I should try it again... with the new update.. don't really know how it compares. Not seen a fast one yet though..

edit: ..you seem to be FAST in it.. :) 👍

I should try it again... with the new update.. don't really know how it compares. Not seen a fast one yet though..

edit: ..you seem to be FAST in it..

Your TT time: faster than mine 👍

Fastest TT time is 2.16'598 which is competitive with the fastest R8 times, however the fastest time is an incredible full second faster than the next best time! Of course, this is stock, without tuning, but the R8 has to give up PPs to go to 600 where the Clio gains PPs.

An actual race situation is different than TT. Clio is very slow off the line but fast in 4th - 6th gears, R8 is fast accelerating in the lower gears but slow top speed. I find the Clio more competitive at Fuji, where there are more faster sections than at Suzuka.

I still feel that overall the Evo probably has the best combination of acceleration, handling & speed.

I couldn't leave the great Honeycar standing in the rain like that ... the two of us have had incredible races, sharing and swapping the lead evenly, lap upon lap, pure racing bliss. Now that guy's a legend, and it's an honour for me to share the track and compete with him.

Of course it's fantastic to hear my name praised like this but Honey and Truth deserve at least as much praise as tamers of the NSX, if not more. I also hope Timppaq will finally see the light and become a true believer in the Church of Honda's Finest. He seems to be on the right track, if perhaps a little errant in his ways still. :)

I think that the 600pp class has a lot of competitive cars and is mostly dependent on the driver. i am trying to get the hang of these RWD cars but its tough because its really hard to accurately control steering input and throttle at the same time with the controller.

I'm usually done warming up when I feel I got into the flow, at which point I'm doing low 16s. A 15 should be in it with a bit more dedication and a proper attacking attitude. But you all know there's always a tenth waiting to be gained somewhere, and I'm still picking them up, slowly but surely. :)

I couldn't leave the great Honeycar standing in the rain like that ... the two of us have had incredible races, sharing and swapping the lead evenly, lap upon lap, pure racing bliss. Now that guy's a legend, and it's an honour for me to share the track and compete with him.

Of course it's fantastic to hear my name praised like this but Honey and Truth deserve at least as much praise as tamers of the NSX, if not more. I also hope Timppaq will finally see the light and become a true believer in the Church of Honda's Finest. He seems to be on the right track, if perhaps a little errant in his ways still. :)

:)

I hope to improve.. and I guess I yesterday found the trick in the setup, so I'm in better condition now. 👍

..but surely not in the same league of you three (black, yellow, and grey) 👍 (yet, I hope ;) )

edit. wrong colour, sorry zab!

are you sure theese are the only drivers that can handle a NSX in a fast way?

untouchable?

by far?

zabeu what do you say?

;)

..well, my post sounds like a Sissi...sorry for that...Hope to see ya on track once AERO ;)

Hiya Honeycar, I've heard great things spoken about you my friend and as yet, I have not had the honour of driving against you at Suzuka. From what I've heard from Zab, you are indeed an extremely talented driver and I rank you very highly. Alas I have not had the great fortune of driving against you on track, so I cannot attest personally to your skill, but do be aware that when we do meet on track, I shall treat you with the utmost respect and I shall sing your name after the battle, regardless of who turns out the be the better driver!

Judging by my scorecard against the NSX brigade, I'm sure that will probably be you!

;)

Cheers!

- Sonny

I'm usually done warming up when I feel I got into the flow, at which point I'm doing low 16s. A 15 should be in it with a bit more dedication and a proper attacking attitude. But you all know there's always a tenth waiting to be gained somewhere, and I'm still picking them up, slowly but surely.

I haven't come across anyone NTSC capable of driving an NSX close to that fast. They may be out there somewhere, but I haven't come across them.

i am trying to get the hang of these RWD cars but its tough because its really hard to accurately control steering input and throttle at the same time with the controller.

Anyone else getting 1.16 times with a controller? Angel, what view are you using to race with the controller?

I think that the 600pp class has a lot of competitive cars and is mostly dependent on the driver.

No question. I thought the R8 & the Evo sucked because I had raced against so many mediocre or incompetent drivers. After the GTP online epic series I have a different opinion. Tuning also seems to count - unfortunately, I don't have a clue about tuning. :nervous:.

I can run low 16's in the R8 in free run using the pad... 17's more typical in a race though.

My experience from racing with the fastest racers in their most competitive cars, all in one race:
GTP_wonderwiley - F430
GTP_Angelx - Audi R8
myself:) GTP_vanos2990 - NSX-R

here's my conclusions(in order of fastest)

fastest in corners=R8,NSX,F430
fastest on straights=F430,NSX, F430
over all winner (which is supported from the poll)= F430,NSX,R8

notes:
R8- is undeniably fast, but in a good race against its mid engined rivals, can't make overtaking manuvers on straights

F430- funnest to drive, easily consistent, the daddy on the straights

NSX- best all around performance, tricky!:scared: but rewarding to drive, gets stomped by F430 on straights(<-me vs. wonderwiley)
it has occured to me that im not as fast as the PAL NSX drivers, but even so they'd be stuck looking at the rear bumper of GTP_wonderwiley's red Ferrari

Anyone note what the top speed of the NSX, R8 and F430 are before the turn in to 130R? Without slipstreaming....

I can pull a maximum of 230km/h on a perfect exit from Spoon in the R8, which is bugger-all, but more generally, I find my top speeds maxing at 225km/h more often, which is about 140mph.

The NSX must hit almost 240km/h (149mph) on a perfect exit, but I've yet to figure out what the F430 can pull down the back straight. The WRXs can hit similar speeds...

Just for the record, the 600PP Corvette Z06 pulls an easy 240km/h (149mph) and it's just getting warmed up at that stage. Is there anything that can pull a 250km/h (155mph) down the back straight? Without slipstreaming?

And has anyone marked the 600PP cars against how competitive they are on a circuit like Fuji? Or is everyone basing their observations on Suzuka?

I think from the absolute spankings I have received by NSX drivers like Zabeu, Honeycar and Racer_LP I'd have to say that if you can drive the NSX, it's the car to have.

I've been persisting and persisting with the 05 WRX and the best Suzuka lap time I have done was a 2:16 but that HAD to be boost because it was the last lap and I was...well...last :P In the lead, the best time I've managed was 6:58 total with a best lap of 2:18. But I've been reading things about regular 2:17 laps and 6:54s? sheesh...nice work lads!

Also, to answer an above question, I'm on controller using cockpit view.

All the best
Synwraith

Did a few trial runs to check the top speeds on the back straight:

the NSX seems to get up to around 149 mph

Clio around 147 mph.

Hard to be precise, because it depends how hard you push it just before the turn, & there are consequences to pushing too hard!

R8 its very good through the turns but on the straights its really no good. I've tried racing a de-tuned GT-R in 600pp races and its fast but no fun.

This is an excellent thread. I've raced vanos and wiley and angel, and they're all a cut above me speedwise, but it did appear to me that the F430 is decidedly the car with the most potential to be the fastest, in the right hands (read: not mine).

The NSX is fast in the right hands - Honeycar, Zabeu, Timppaq, Truth, Tameturtle,... and Sinsimella is also pretty damn fast... but I'm starting to think the R8 is just as quick...

GT5P R8 v NSX.jpg

2'18.4xx -- 2'17.2xx -- 2'16.2xx with no drafts.

The NSX is fast in the right hands - Honeycar, Zabeu, Timppaq, Truth, Tameturtle,... and Sinsimella is also pretty damn fast... but I'm starting to think the R8 is just as quick...

View attachment 65309

2'18.4xx -- 2'17.2xx -- 2'16.2xx with no drafts.

I think you are right bro. I have ran plenty of 6'51s at suzuka and i am sure it is possible to get below 6'50 if you get a lap one of 2'17, lap 2 1'16, lap 3 2'16.

I think you are right bro. I have ran plenty of 6'51s at suzuka and i am sure it is possible to get below 6'50 if you get a lap one of 2'17, lap 2 1'16, lap 3 2'16.

:crazy:

I don't think I could get below 6'50... that 2'18.4 opening lap is the fastest 1st lap I've ever run, and the 2'16.2 3rd lap is the 2nd fastest lap I've ever run in the R8 at Suzuka (I've only been quicker once in free run). Obviously room to improve on the 2nd lap 2'17.2... but that's still a really quick race lap time by normal standards.

Maybe when I get my wheel ;)

Back