Favorite car to drive in GT2

• Thread starter Randy
  • 607 comments
Originally posted by cerbera
Jazz,lol You caught me totally off gaurd when you picked motor sports land. Time trials is the only way (that I know of)to even get to the track.Sure is an awfully small track for these kinds of cars.It,s more suited to go-carts. I gave it a try tho. Could only use 2nd & 3rd gear.My best time so far is a 33.341, that,s without any short-cuts :)
I know thats why I picked it. Try lowering the gear ratio :D

Hi Jazz,,, I did lower the gears, so less torque is transferred to the rear wheels, as in moved the torque to max out at a higher rpm, it helped a little . but still,,, to munch car for the track. How was your luck at it ?

"I LUV DEM CARZ WIT DE ROARIN' N-GINZ"... OPEL tiagra, ice rce car... Escudo is for loosers, all u gotta do is gas n' go. No skill required, spin now, catch up in 10 seconds.
Audi TTs are Kewl too, but I (l) the S200 special car! :D, and subarus... wow! that impreza sedan is HOTT!!

Hi Jazz,,, I did lower the gears, so less torque is transferred to the rear wheels, as in moved the torque to max out at a higher rpm, it helped a little . but still,,, to munch car for the track. How was your luck at it ?
Sorry mate, 19.21 seconds. I put the gear ratio up all the way so the gears would change real Quick. and that was the result (I reckon I could do better, cos I got lotta wheel spin, what with the power transfer being so goddam quick and all. j/k it is a cool track, lots of spin)

Yeah thanx mate. I also put a lot of toe on, so the car would drag around the corner, also heaps of body roll so the car can go fast around the corner, and a lot of torque so the car slides around the corner.

Hi Jazz,, That,s alot of change to the settings,, Ya know ,,I wish we could save our settings like we could in GT1,, I don,t like to stray to far from my general settings in GT2. Hey :) how,s about goin to where we can stretch our legs abit , mash the throttle down and keep it there :D for 4 or 5 hundred meters before we have to lift,, What,s that 1 called Gran :confused: somthin, Gran Valley , now that has a nice long run. ( 5 laps arcade race ,hard) Let me know , Merry Christmass :D

Hi Jazz,, That,s alot of change to the settings,, Ya know ,,I wish we could save our settings like we could in GT1,, I don,t like to stray to far from my general settings in GT2. Hey :) how,s about goin to where we can stretch our legs abit , mash the throttle down and keep it there :D for 4 or 5 hundred meters before we have to lift,, What,s that 1 called Gran :confused: somthin, Gran Valley , now that has a nice long run. ( 5 laps arcade race ,hard) Let me know , Merry Christmass :D
Lets rock.
PS happy new year.

mazda rx7 ifini III 1990 with full mods (excluding race upgrade cuz it looks crap) has 391 hp but blows all the cars away in 591 hp races. its a WEAPON!! great handling, sound, braking and most of all power to weight, you can get it smokin in 3rd off the start. it was my first car, and i never regret spending money on it.

I originally posted this at the GTF, but I'd like to see what you guys have to say.

Sure, we've gone over it dozens of times before. I just got back into GT2 thanks to Bleemcast, even though I still don't have analog because for some reason the adapter I have just won't do it. Anywya, I'm looking for new cars to try out, so I'd like to ehar what people's favorites are in the following categories. If anyone replaies, I'll list mine later. So, what are your favorites for the following:

1- Power car (turbo)
2- Power car (NA)
3- Best Handling
4- Favorite MR
5- Favorite FF
6- Favorite pocket rocket (light car under 200hp stock)
7- Favorite convertible
8- best looking ([R] mod)
9- best looking (showroom stock)
10- favorite stock car

That should be enough for now. I'd like to hear why you guys like thesse cars, too.

Power Car (Turbo)- [R] Skyline
The blow off is very loud.
Power Car (NA)- TVR Speed 12
A challange to drive.
Best Handler- [R] Escudo
No contest, unfair amount of downforce.
Favorite MR Toyota GT-One
It's fast
Favorite FF Any Honda that's FF
I'm a big Honda fan.
Favorite Pocket Rocket Elise?
I think it's under 200 HP, it very fast.
Favorite Convertable S2000
High revver.
Best looking [R] mod- [R] Speed 12
Yellow looks better than purple.
Best looking stocker- Can't think of one
Favorite Stock Car- Can't think of one

Remember Me? :cool:

I'll have to go thru my garage and see which ones I have that match up to your list. I remember the 1st time I laid eyes on the GT-One tho. The thought flashed thru my head lol .Now this is the car Darth Maul ( from Star Wars ) would be raceing in.

Right now my best handling car is the Audi TT Quatro but not the special edition. Buy the Line Up car. Then just max tuned it. Set the auto transmission to 5. Race and try drifting it. It really drift with speed.

Pojam.

I don't know what my best handling car is. The Concept Car LM isn't all that hard to keep under the control and it can get up and go. :D

if it drifts, it has a lower speed in the turn. Better grip and higher speed is what i look for.:D i gotta buy a TT once to try it out. o never bought one.

I bought that special Audi TT. It handled good but just not my kind of car. I saved before I bought the car, so I just turned the Playstation off and back on again.

It's hard to say what the best handing car is; do you mean handling straight out of the box, or after making adjustments?

Some cars that are just right without much tuning are: The FTO Trampio Taevion special, the Pennzoil Skyline requires no special skills in tuning, same goes wth the Protege, and the CLK Race Car.

You joking right? The Speed 12 is as hard as all hell to keep under control. Just gotta nip the barade or put one wheel in the dirt/grass an you spinning around like crazy. Nice car to drive on the test track though. Only 10 kilometres under the Escudo.

hey guys sorry for the late reply... i just came back from a vacation...

to fuji : i really like drifting as long as i'm ahead off others.

escudo really hard to handle. just use the handbrake then tap the brake.

i don't know.

Pojam.

Hard?, yes

Imposible?, NO

The Speed 12 has been the hardest beast to tame so far, but now it just squats, and goes. I enjoy it the most at Seatlle (full)
and Leguna Seca. Just have to really feather the gas coming out of turns untill 3rd gear.

At one point I had my viper gts tuned up perfect, then I tweeked one thing no many. Now it handles like a sit-n-spin. Think I'll have to sell it and start over. But first I'm going to tackle the Jag.X220. I used to think those 900+ horses were imposible to control, but success with the Speed 12 changed my mind.

I can take the last turn at Trial Mountain @170mph in my speed 12. Who says drifting makes you slow?

I would have to say that my best handling car is the Toyota Celica GT-four i bought used.. AWD it drifts beautifuly around bends, i think my favorite track with that car is the seattle circut. gotta love it :D

howard

Back