Ferrari VGT

• Thread starter coyb20
  • 270 comments
I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one. Several people have said they'd be better if they were all similar performing GT cars so they could race each other at least. What is this Ferrari going to race? Completely differently specced Gr.1 cars most likely leading to a big imbalance, like all the other random VGT race cars. Or worse, nothing at all like the Dodge.

If this was still the PS1 era and cars still only took a few hours to build It'd not be as much of an issue, but these models are taking 3-6 months of man hours, they're producing very few each year. It sucks that we don't have so many important, cherished real vehicles that people are clamouring for but they keep pumping these out that nobody will care about in 10 years. If they're going to keep doing them surely the least they could do is actually make something the program was supposed to be about, and be useful.
Please just stop your comments like „nobody will care about in 10 years“, it’s just over exaggeration in favor of your point of view, like you did more than once regarding this topic.
And sorry, but who should care about your worries if you don’t care about people who like VGT‘s (because that’s what you are doing demanding that they shouldn’t release those, but instead more production cars)?
But yeah, to legitimate your attitude regarding this, you make hollow arguments like „they don’t stick to the original vision anymore“..

Please just stop your comments like „nobody will care about in 10 years“, it’s just over exaggeration in favor of your point of view, like you did more than once regarding this topic.
Which concept cars, in all of history, do a large number of people still care about years later? The concept cars themselves, not any production cars that they spawned. Very, very few.

It's not an exaggeration at all, open your eyes, most people do not care about concept cars in the long run.
And sorry, but who should care about your worries if you don’t care about people who like VGT‘s (because that’s what you are doing demanding that they shouldn’t release those, but instead more production cars)?
Now who is making things up? I've never "demanded" anything. I've instead explained countless times why production cars and real race cars are always going to be vastly more popular and desirable to most people, myself included.

Nothing either of us say are going to make any difference to what PD do, but this is a forum, where opinions are posted.
But yeah, to legitimate your attitude regarding this, you make hollow arguments like „they don’t stick to the original vision anymore“..
It's not hollow if it's true. This Ferrari is 100% not a grand tourer in any definition. It's a single seater custom race car. It's not going to be able to race most of the other VGTs because the performance is wildly different.

Last edited:
It's not hollow if it's true. This Ferrari is 100% not a grand tourer in any definition. It's a single seater custom race car.
This project is valited by PoDi. So, in their mind, it's part of the VGT program. Even if it does not correspond to the initial definition. (Who said that the VGT project had no right to evolve?)

This project is valited by PoDi. So, in their mind, it's part of the VGT program. Even if it does not correspond to the initial definition. (Who said that the VGT project had no right to evolve?)
It's literally the name though. Vision. Gran Turismo. Your vision for a Gran Turismo (Grand Tourer) car.

You wouldn't start a Vision Station Wagon series and then "evolve" it to start including Kei cars. Because they're not station-wagons.

It's literally the name though. Vision. Gran Turismo. Your vision for a Gran Turismo (Grand Tourer) car.

You wouldn't start a Vision Station Wagon series and then "evolve" it to start including Kei cars. Because they're not station-wagons.
Gran Turismo means grand tour, referring to the long trips tourists would take around Continental Europe in the 1800s

Gran Turismo means grand tour, referring to the long trips tourists would take around Continental Europe in the 1800s
Gran Turismo = Grand Tourer cars, that yes as their name suggests, you would drive on a grand tour in comfort and speed.

Not single seater racing cars or whatever the heck you want to call the Tomahawk.

Last edited:
Gran Turismo = Grand Tourer cars, that yes as their name suggests, you would drive on a grand tour in comfort and speed.

Not single seater racing cars or whatever the heck you want to call the Tomahawk.
Ah fair enough, I mean most cars in the game aren’t Grand Tourer cars anyway, so I dont see why your so annoyed purely at the VGT series when there are a ton of other cars in the series that aren’t GTs

You just can't please the whole world with any products.

The people at Ferrari put time and money into this Vision project. It's a shame many people don't have much respect. For me, this Ferrari Vision GT car alone is worth the price of this game.

But I believe most people are unhappy because we are not getting enough variety of cars on a monthly basis. 3 cars for each month is not enough to make everyone happy all the time. PD should provide at least 12 cars each month to please everyone. Within the 12 cars, we should have:

• Classic Cars
  • Supercars / Hypercars
  • Luxury Cars
  • SUVs / Trucks / Vans
  • Muscle Cars
  • Sports Cars
  • Electric Cars
  • VGT Cars

Not sure if I got all the categories there. Or you can categorize cars like some people on this forum:

• Spaceships
  • Toasters
  • Refrigerators
  • Ovens
  • Microwaves

If you put cars into shapes, that's how I see them. 🤣
Most of them handle like cars... except the Escudo. I've driven a better handling typewriter.

There's a disturbing thought: the Oldsmobile Vista Cruiser VGT 2022. Sleek, flat, no leaks in the skylights, and now diesel powered for efficiency (but conks out at 100,000 miles). More window space than a Sambabus and the rear door not only folds down and swings open, but it can be magically teleported from Lago Maggiore into the 9th dimension and back.

Ah fair enough, I mean most cars in the game aren’t Grand Tourer cars anyway, so I dont see why your so annoyed purely at the VGT series when there are a ton of other cars in the series that aren’t GTs
Er, because they're not called all called Vision Gran Turismo? I never said every car in GT had to be a GT, that'd be absurd. But the whole point of these cars, the reason for the name, is that they're supposed to be a future Vision of a Gran Turismo car. That's what we were told we'd be getting when this started way back in 2013 for GT6.

Also I'm not annoyed, I just don't get why I get so much pushback whenever I mention this.

Last edited:

I thought Vision Gran Turismo was talking about the videogame Gran Turismo, not a specific niche of cars that has been barely relevant since the first modern supercars started coming out. If VGTs were limited by being "Grand Tourers" they'd all just be FR long nose short deck large sportscars and then that'd be a problem to you as well because then they're all the same type of car.

Its like the people who take the tagline "Real Driving Simulator" seriously as if that's not just a marketing blurb, I'll never understand that either since by that logic even as far back as GT1 on the PS1 the game was hardly the most realistic driving simulator of all time and still had made up cars.

I'll never understand some people's obsession with both treating kaz like he can't be trusted on anything he says, but also to be completely believed on anything he says when its convenient for another GTPlanet text wall. Projects almost never turn out 100% as proposed and evolve constantly, especially long term ones like the Vision Gran Turismo project.

Last edited:

I mean, there's the Copen VGT...

On topic, Christ this thing looks bland and boring just like the Porsche VGT.

I thought Vision Gran Turismo was talking about the videogame Gran Turismo, not a specific niche of cars that has been barely relevant since the first modern supercars started coming out. If VGTs were limited by being "Grand Tourers" they'd all just be FR long nose short deck large sportscars and then that'd be a problem to you as well because then they're all the same type of car.
No, it'd be exactly what many people want, a bunch of cars with similar specs that can all race each other in a series. That's how real racing series works, nobody complains because real GT3 cars are all vaguely the same, or that F1 cars all look vaguely the same.
Its like the people who take the tagline "Real Driving Simulator" seriously as if that's not just a marketing blurb, I'll never understand that either since by that logic even as far back as GT1 on the PS1 the game was hardly the most realistic driving simulator of all time and still had made up cars.

I'll never understand some people's obsession with both treating kaz like he can't be trusted on anything he says, but also to be completely believed on anything he says when its convenient for another GTPlanet text wall. Projects almost never turn out 100% as proposed and evolve constantly, especially long term ones like the Vision Gran Turismo project.
Might as well rename it Vision Sprocket Dingleberry then if words have no meaning.

We have similar debates like this in other genres of the gaming community. Happens a lot with fighting games. X character get's in a game, a very vocal group complains about not wanting them, and that X character took resources away from Z character they really wanted.

While I can see the logic behind the argument, creators often vocalize that, that is not the case at all. Development resources typically go where they are wanted, and not syphoned from what "people actually want".

Introducing these exciting, over the top concept cars probably does them gangbusters for media coverage, which leads to more sales and DLC purchases. It's money to do this stuff. Meanwhile, as nice as it would be to have a bunch of cool modern or older cars (that should definitely be in the game), I'm sure "...McLaren 720S is now in the GT" does less for the brand than "New VGT hypermegasupercar from Ferrari concept coming to GT!" does.

Last edited:
No, it'd be exactly what many people want, a bunch of cars with similar specs that can all race each other in a series. That's how real racing series works, nobody complains because real GT3 cars are all vaguely the same, or that F1 cars all look vaguely the same.

Might as well rename it Vision Sprocket Dingleberry then if words have no meaning.
I don't know why you try to be so obtuse about this in every VGT thread. The game is called Gran Turismo and the concept cars born from the Project of the game is Called Vision Gran Turismo. Its not really supposed to mean all those things you say about specifically Grand Tourer cars (Which frankly could also mean a lot of different things so we end up with the same result). Don't know why this is so difficult to understand when both car manufacturers and the game as a brand seem content with allowing manufacturers to design what they want to design for the game.

That people are mad about them showing up is perfectly fair (all content isn't for everybody after all), but making up increasingly more elaborate ways to rationalize why they're a waste of time to you is not really necessary and people are increasingly tired of hearing it, hence all the pushback you get.

Last edited:
I don't know why you try to be so obtuse about this in every VGT thread. The game is called Gran Turismo and the concept cars born from the Project of the game is Called Vision Gran Turismo. Its not really supposed to mean all those things you say about specifically Grand Tourer cars (Which frankly could also mean a lot of different things so we end up with the same result). Don't know why this is so difficult to understand when both car manufacturers and the game as a brand seem content with allowing manufacturers to design what they want to design for the game.
You were around in 2013, you must remember that is what the project was presented as. I'm not just pulling it out my rear. It's still written on the website.
The project started with a question from Kazunori Yamauchi: "Would you be willing to design your rendition of Gran Turismo for us?" The videogame’s name "Gran Turismo" (GT) refers to a 2-door sport car, known as a Grand Touring car in the automotive world.

The manufacturers who have answered our call are now delivering new Grand Touring cars in succession. “Vision Gran Turismo” has started as a 15th anniversary celebration that will be hosted by Gran Turismo, car manufacturers and users around the globe. The cars presented will appear one after another in the Gran Turismo series, and as those cars will be driven by more and more people, the festival will get bigger and bigger.

You were around in 2013, you must remember that is what the project was presented as. I'm not just pulling it out my rear. It's still written on the website.
I'm not saying you're making it up, I'm saying you're putting too much stock in a statement that is as insanely vague as "2 door sportscar".

2 door sportscars can be almost anything. It was meant to be an appetizer for manufacturers to start designing cars, not really as a specific limitation for them. Grand Touring cars barely mean anything anymore considering how fancy the average sportscar is now compared to traditional GT cars of old.

Last edited:
Does anyone know how long that trivia question to get a free Ferrari GT will be up for? I got it for my bro's PS5 but I haven't plugged my ps4 back in yet and i'm worried:nervous:

Last edited:
Vision GT is very much open to interpretation, some manufacturers went with a straightforward, two-door GT car of the future, like Mercedes, Infiniti, Aston Martin etc.
Other cars are designed for GT the game, not specifically GT the body style, so anything that's fast and exciting, whether that's Daihatsu fast, McLaren fast, or LASERS.

I'm looking forward to trying out the Ferrari VGT, though I do find the side profile fairly hideous. It looks like if it ran over a large grain of sand, the wheels would helplessly scrub the arches.

Still can't get over why Ferrari designers think it's a good idea to graft a Gillette razor onto the butt of this car.

It at least looked somewhat cohesive on the SP3 but it's just awful here.

In my opinion, the Lambo VGT actually looks good and is pretty fun to drive as it's light as hell and not overly powerful. This doesn't look good and 1350 hp is most likely too much for it to fun to drive on normal tracks.
True but we can't comment on the driveability yet, it might be the best thing ever and vice versa.

So you still go on with this?
You tolerate cars, as you said, like a VW GTI (a 5-Door hatchback) or a Ford GT40 (for which I can’t see a difference worth mentioning between this and a VGT), but at the same time point your finger on the comfort and speed argument.
I already gave you a detailed argument, which you seem to haven’t read, but I answer in a shorter way again.
You want more production cars, which also often share the name GT in a way that isn’t sticking to the original meaning anymore, or race cars, which also often compete in classes with the acronym GT that doesn’t have much to do with your argumentation, but VGT cars ain’t get a pass just because..
That’s double standards don’t you think?
I for myself never grabbed so much on to that term that the VGT program would bring classic GTs into the game. What sense does it make to develop cars with a focus on comfort and long tours exclusively for a video game anyways?
And I’m not sure, and please correct me there if needed, but was there ever a statement that these cars are intended to have similar specs so they can be grouped together for racing purposes? And would you think that it’s realistic that enough manufacturers would put ressources into that?
They do what concept cars do, that’s the main purpose, not a special racing league.

And as someone here already wisely said, the VGT Program is, like everything else, free to evolve. They ain’t releasing SUVs, Kei-Cars or something completely different like that..

I'm not saying you're making it up, I'm saying you're putting too much stock in a statement that is as insanely vague as "2 door sportscar".

2 door sportscars can be almost anything. It was meant to be an appetizer for manufacturers to start designing cars, not really as a specific limitation for them. Grand Touring cars barely mean anything anymore considering how fancy the average sportscar is now compared to traditional GT cars of old.
On point👍

Last edited:
It's not even RED...
That figures: Binotto did it.
I think it might just be a 2023 Ferrari thing

2023-ferrari-roma-101-1667589567.jpg
2023-ferrari-purosangue-front-three-quarters-2-1662737154.jpg

Back