FH1 to be free with Games With Gold

Double post but:
I fixed a bit of the problem. On the xbox site, there is an option to change the xbox 360 region so it turned out it was set to bahrain. I changed it to another region and fixed the problem on that site that says "This offer is not afford In your region" when I try to buy Forza Horizon. What instead shows however is that I still have to pay the price as if it's not free.

Save transferred over without a hitch. Just noticed I'm even in the same club. Pouring one out for FPM. :(
Just been busy digging out my launch Xbox 360 to see if I still have my save. And luckily it was stored on a memory stick even if the memory stick has seen better days.

_______
Update

Just finished downloading the save. However after looking at my garage it seems the save downloaded was a fresh save created a long time ago.

Last edited:
Is there any particular reason the 1,000 Club challenges have to be done while online? It gets rather annoying being able to complete one only for it to fail because the servers went down again.

Hopefully they will do something about the servers, granted my gut feeling is they won't.:indiff:

Apart from that it's been running rather smooth, I've had a few slow downs but if I pause the game for a minute or so it seems fine *knocks on wood*.

I forgot just how much fun this game is. Still looks good too, despite the low resolution.

Screenshot-Original (11).png

Screenshot-Original (10).png

Screenshot-Original (9).png

Screenshot-Original (8).png

Apparently I spent more time messing around during my first go with FH1 than I thought as I unlocked an achievement when I got the blue wristband. :lol:

I'm glad you can view the image in full through the game, so you can take a screenshot rather than using FM.net. Anyone else notice a couple of lines down the front centre of the cars in photomode? What's up with that?

Anyone having trouble getting the game from the store? I select see price, then get, and it simply returns me to the game details screen and still expects me to put my old disc in. Sometimes a sorry message pops up but it's so fast I still haven't read what it says.
Still having this problem. Anyone else?

VXR
I'm glad you can view the image in full through the game, so you can take a screenshot rather than using FM.net. Anyone else notice a couple of lines down the front centre of the cars in photomode? What's up with that?
I have this same problem, sometimes it's here, sometimes not. But i can say it's pretty ugly.

Does anyone know if starting a new Forza Horizon save on Xbox One will overwrite or even register to the Forza Rewards?

I mean, I have all my achievements from back in the day on X360, but the progress wasn't saved in the cloud so I started over.

Does anyone know if starting a new Forza Horizon save on Xbox One will overwrite or even register to the Forza Rewards?

It's been registering for me and I had to start from a new save as well (I wasn't very far along). It is missing a couple achievements I've unlocked though so I'm guessing it only updates every once in awhile.

Why does the game want billing address details?

I remember this being a problem when people wanted to download the F6 demo. They were quick to resolve it though. Not sure if that's going to be the case with Horizon via backward compatibility.

If it's FREE, why ask for any CC details?

I remember this being a problem when people wanted to download the F6 demo. They were quick to resolve it though. Not sure if that's going to be the case with Horizon via backward compatibility.

That's a requirement for any backwards-compatible game you download through Games with Gold, not sure why though. For the F6 demo, that was a mistake.

Is that right? Dead Space didn't ask me for any such details.

This is the first backwards compatible game I have downloaded but the word around the web is that you need to hand over your billing information before you can download BC titles. If you owned a BC game on the 360 and you are using the same account on the X1 to play it, I don't think you have to fill out billing info.

Technically you're "buying" the game for 0 of whatever currency. The game stays yours even when your Gold subscription runs out.

Also, you can just use a PayPal account or a debit card.

It's been registering for me and I had to start from a new save as well (I wasn't very far along). It is missing a couple achievements I've unlocked though so I'm guessing it only updates every once in awhile.
Alright, sounds promising. :)

Another question that I can't find a solid answer to is does the "Club 1000 Challenges" also work on Xbox One? I can only get "couldn't retrieve server data" or whatever all the time. Could be their servers of course.

Another question that I can't find a solid answer to is does the "Club 1000 Challenges" also work on Xbox One? I can only get "couldn't retrieve server data" or whatever all the time. Could be their servers of course.

They work but you need to be connected to the server constantly for some reason. I tried a few but every time I accomplished a task I would lose the server before it uploaded. I just turned the "club 1000" thing on the HUD off for now as it was annoying me.

I know it's just a BC game and FH3 is top priority, but it seems bad for business to make this a free promotional game than have server issues. Especially because people like me who didn't buy the DLC before can't buy it now even if they want to!

For disc users:

Go to your HDD and delete the install file.
Now go to the Gold page and download the games on demand version.
No more disc needed.

This is basically a free upgrade for those who want to go digital.

BTW, this wasn't known to me. (in case this is common knowledge)
I went to Games for Gold and it said "Play Now", I clicked it and it kept asking me for the disc. Then I went to "My Games" and saw Forza Horizon there, that's when it dawned on me that I had the install file on the HDD. As soon as I deleted it, it was gone from My Games and the download opened up on the Gold site.

Last edited:
Anyone having a prob with the game skipping during gameplay but not so much videos

I loved this when it dropped in 2012 but the stuttering is painful

Tried a hard restart and a few other things. Shame
Don't think the online is working at all, not just down, just not available

Last edited:
Don't think the online is working at all, not just down, just not available

It's available, but only for short chunks of time every few hours. I managed to get a few gifted credits from Forza Rewards and joined a lobby but nobody else was on.

This is the first backwards compatible game I have downloaded but the word around the web is that you need to hand over your billing information before you can download BC titles. If you owned a BC game on the 360 and you are using the same account on the X1 to play it, I don't think you have to fill out billing info.

Technically you're "buying" the game for 0 of whatever currency. The game stays yours even when your Gold subscription runs out.

Also, you can just use a PayPal account or a debit card.

Thanks fellas. 👍

Good to know.

Yeah, nothing seems to have registered on the scores but the achievements are showing up. I'll see if it updates after a few days.

The game has been running smoothly for the most part on my system

I've been enjoying racing them classic muscles to Lonely Boy a LOT this weekend! Ooh man they should just put that song into FH3's soundtrack again too. :)

I fired up the game and I saw the MC12 Corsa... I knew what I had to do. :lol: A racecar on the road is a stupid idea, but Horizon's map is like a racetrack with intersections anyway. So eh.

Are the servers ever working? I bought the Season Pass for $4.99, but haven't been able to access the in game market place for 2 days now.

Are the servers ever working? I bought the Season Pass for $4.99, but haven't been able to access the in game market place for 2 days now.
Was actually working flawlessly for me for a 7-8 hour period earlier today. Not a single error or server disconnection.

But the servers seems to be having some difficulties when EU and NA "prime time" is colliding (if that's even the case).

I installed it earlier today, and haven't been able to get DLC or access the servers yet. It keeps saying "failed to connect", or something like that.

I managed to get the car pass cars + rally but the other DLC cars are no shows.

Also Rewards hasn't updated any stats and seems selective over what achievements it wants to recognize.

I installed it earlier today, and haven't been able to get DLC or access the servers yet. It keeps saying "failed to connect", or something like that.

I keep getting "Failed to download required Xbox Live Marketplace data. Please try again later". Hopefully it works soon/.

Back