FH1 to be free with Games With Gold

Discussion in 'Forza Horizon 1' started by FerrariF1GT, Aug 24, 2016.

1. ToyGTone

ToyGTone

Double post but:
    I fixed a bit of the problem. On the xbox site, there is an option to change the xbox 360 region so it turned out it was set to bahrain. I changed it to another region and fixed the problem on that site that says "This offer is not afford In your region" when I try to buy Forza Horizon. What instead shows however is that I still have to pay the price as if it's not free.

2. Pebb

Pebb

Just been busy digging out my launch Xbox 360 to see if I still have my save. And luckily it was stored on a memory stick even if the memory stick has seen better days.

_______
    Update

Just finished downloading the save. However after looking at my garage it seems the save downloaded was a fresh save created a long time ago.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2016
  3. Northstar

Northstar Premium

Is there any particular reason the 1,000 Club challenges have to be done while online? It gets rather annoying being able to complete one only for it to fail because the servers went down again.

Hopefully they will do something about the servers, granted my gut feeling is they won't.:indiff:

Apart from that it's been running rather smooth, I've had a few slow downs but if I pause the game for a minute or so it seems fine *knocks on wood*.

Rob192005 and symo63 like this.
  4. GT'S BiG FaN

GT'S BiG FaN

I forgot just how much fun this game is. Still looks good too, despite the low resolution.

Screenshot-Original (11).png

Screenshot-Original (10).png

Screenshot-Original (9).png

Screenshot-Original (8).png

DK, ykiki, ToyGTone and 5 others like this.
  5. Northstar

Northstar Premium

Apparently I spent more time messing around during my first go with FH1 than I thought as I unlocked an achievement when I got the blue wristband. :lol:

symo63 likes this.
  6. VXR

VXR

I'm glad you can view the image in full through the game, so you can take a screenshot rather than using FM.net. Anyone else notice a couple of lines down the front centre of the cars in photomode? What's up with that?

7. GranTurismo guy

GranTurismo guy

Still having this problem. Anyone else?

8. DJTHEKING

DJTHEKING

I have this same problem, sometimes it's here, sometimes not. But i can say it's pretty ugly.

VXR likes this.
  9. Phoenix

Phoenix Premium

Does anyone know if starting a new Forza Horizon save on Xbox One will overwrite or even register to the Forza Rewards?

I mean, I have all my achievements from back in the day on X360, but the progress wasn't saved in the cloud so I started over.

10. Northstar

Northstar Premium

It's been registering for me and I had to start from a new save as well (I wasn't very far along). It is missing a couple achievements I've unlocked though so I'm guessing it only updates every once in awhile.

11. Speedster911

Speedster911

Why does the game want billing address details?

I remember this being a problem when people wanted to download the F6 demo. They were quick to resolve it though. Not sure if that's going to be the case with Horizon via backward compatibility.

If it's FREE, why ask for any CC details?

12. FT-1

FT-1

That's a requirement for any backwards-compatible game you download through Games with Gold, not sure why though. For the F6 demo, that was a mistake.

GranTurismo guy likes this.
  13. Speedster911

Speedster911

Is that right? Dead Space didn't ask me for any such details.

14. FT-1

FT-1

This is the first backwards compatible game I have downloaded but the word around the web is that you need to hand over your billing information before you can download BC titles. If you owned a BC game on the 360 and you are using the same account on the X1 to play it, I don't think you have to fill out billing info.

15. JC_Dude

JC_Dude

Technically you're "buying" the game for 0 of whatever currency. The game stays yours even when your Gold subscription runs out.

Also, you can just use a PayPal account or a debit card.

ykiki likes this.
  16. ToyGTone

ToyGTone

17. Phoenix

Phoenix Premium

Alright, sounds promising. :)

Another question that I can't find a solid answer to is does the "Club 1000 Challenges" also work on Xbox One? I can only get "couldn't retrieve server data" or whatever all the time. Could be their servers of course.

18. Northstar

Northstar Premium

They work but you need to be connected to the server constantly for some reason. I tried a few but every time I accomplished a task I would lose the server before it uploaded. I just turned the "club 1000" thing on the HUD off for now as it was annoying me.

I know it's just a BC game and FH3 is top priority, but it seems bad for business to make this a free promotional game than have server issues. Especially because people like me who didn't buy the DLC before can't buy it now even if they want to!

19. urmie

urmie

For disc users:

Go to your HDD and delete the install file.
    Now go to the Gold page and download the games on demand version.
    No more disc needed.

This is basically a free upgrade for those who want to go digital.

BTW, this wasn't known to me. (in case this is common knowledge)
    I went to Games for Gold and it said "Play Now", I clicked it and it kept asking me for the disc. Then I went to "My Games" and saw Forza Horizon there, that's when it dawned on me that I had the install file on the HDD. As soon as I deleted it, it was gone from My Games and the download opened up on the Gold site.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2016
  20. ScandyFlik

ScandyFlik

Anyone having a prob with the game skipping during gameplay but not so much videos

I loved this when it dropped in 2012 but the stuttering is painful

Tried a hard restart and a few other things. Shame
    Don't think the online is working at all, not just down, just not available

Last edited: Sep 4, 2016
    curtis 1-8-7 likes this.
  21. Northstar

Northstar Premium

It's available, but only for short chunks of time every few hours. I managed to get a few gifted credits from Forza Rewards and joined a lobby but nobody else was on.

22. Speedster911

Speedster911

Thanks fellas. :tup:

Good to know.

FT-1 likes this.
  23. breyzipp

breyzipp

I've been enjoying racing them classic muscles to Lonely Boy a LOT this weekend! Ooh man they should just put that song into FH3's soundtrack again too. :)

FT-1 likes this.
  24. Skython

Skython

I fired up the game and I saw the MC12 Corsa... I knew what I had to do. :lol: A racecar on the road is a stupid idea, but Horizon's map is like a racetrack with intersections anyway. So eh.

DJTHEKING likes this.
  25. FT-1

FT-1

Then don't take a look at the Motorsport All-Stars Car Pack in Forza Horizon 3! :lol:

DK, GranTurismo guy, Skython and 5 others like this.
  26. Patrick

Patrick Premium

Are the servers ever working? I bought the Season Pass for $4.99, but haven't been able to access the in game market place for 2 days now.

27. Phoenix

Phoenix Premium

Was actually working flawlessly for me for a 7-8 hour period earlier today. Not a single error or server disconnection.

But the servers seems to be having some difficulties when EU and NA "prime time" is colliding (if that's even the case).

28. prousonhairy

prousonhairy

I installed it earlier today, and haven't been able to get DLC or access the servers yet. It keeps saying "failed to connect", or something like that.

29. Northstar

Northstar Premium

I managed to get the car pass cars + rally but the other DLC cars are no shows.

Also Rewards hasn't updated any stats and seems selective over what achievements it wants to recognize.

30. Patrick

Patrick Premium

I keep getting "Failed to download required Xbox Live Marketplace data. Please try again later". Hopefully it works soon/.