FH3 Hot Wheels Expansion - Now Available

• Thread starter Justuxful
  • 549 comments
It will be interesting to see how the tracks will be treated - especially in the loop de loops. Will they feature a "sticky"/"magnetic" surface, or will we be able to fall off them if our speed is not sufficient? And will they actually allow us to reach speeds that low? 'cause I'm pretty sure I saw boost pads in that trailer...
You saw right. Boost pads are a thing.

Looking at the teaser video (over and over and over again) I see we can drive on the beach and it looks like a repurposing of the Silver Sands shipwrecks. The skyscrapers also look like a repurposing of Surfers Paradise. I think the gray pads might be transition points from Hot Wheels tracks to regular roads and offroad.

Yes,I get your point,but we don't need this to turn into a kids toy racer,if I wanted that I would buy the up-coming Micro Machines game,however I am interested in the new cars we have.
It's a video game, a very light hearted one at that in comparison to it's sister title. I'm sure its already attracting kids that played with toy cars anyways, regardless of the over-the-top expansion. I'm willing to bet that this is going to attract more adults, than outright kids. The micromachine cars I could care less about, but the tracks is what I'm interested in.

It's a video game, a very light hearted one at that in comparison to it's sister title. I'm sure its already attracting kids that played with toy cars anyways, regardless of the over-the-top expansion. I'm willing to bet that this is going to attract more adults, than outright kids. The micromachine cars I could care less about, but the tracks is what I'm interested in.

Attracting a younger audience is arguably the smartest move here: racing (and the racing game genre) is struggling to engage the next generation. If this is a "gateway drug" for kids to get into cars, I welcome it. And, like you said, it appeals to the older folks too: nostalgia is arguably stronger with our generation than any previous one.

Plus, as others have said, it helps that Forza has two flavours to cover both ends of the spectrum. If Horizon is going hard into arcade action racing territory, we can hope that FM7 is moving more into sim territory to counter the arrival of PCARS and AC.

This isn't really my jam — I'm more curious than genuinely excited — but I do admit it's a nice breather from the current trend of sims taking themselves entirely too seriously.

Not what I expected at all and it's kinda not what I hoped. I was hoping for another mountain to explore and I was liking the semi-sim experience from the Horizon games, but this kinda blew that idea goodbye. On the other hand, it really does look like fun and I still look forward to playing it. Plus, I already bought the expansion pass.

If it's a stand-alone expansion, I hope Turn 10 has the foresight to add the dlc cars to the main game. I really want to drive the Zonda R and Hilux on regular roads.

I'll be honest. I was expecting a map with a couple good touge passes, but honestly I think this is a great idea. Now a days many major titles are afraid to go with this kind of originality, and it's only the lesser unknown stuff that does, and doesn't sell because no one knows about it. So seeing a big player in the racing genre do this, I think it'll be great.

I got another glimpse of the mystery hot rod spotted in the trailer, if it's the '32 Ford Coupe, it looks like we may have some nice customization options, because this one ain't got a bonnet ;)

upload_2017-4-27_17-58-4.png

I wish they would have just added a normal Hilux with the ability to add a body kit to make it like the Arctic Truck, but it's only a minor complaint. The expansion looks pretty cool and a ton of fun.

So...time to guess the Categories for the new vehicles? :P
Here are my guesses:
1) Twin Mill II - Rods And Customs
2) Chrysler Valiant Charger E49 - Classic Muscle
3) Rip Rod - Buggies
4) Bone Shaker - Rods And Customs
5) Hilux Arctic Truck - Offroad
6) Jeep Trailcat - Extreme Offroad
7) Ford 3-Window Deluxe - Rods And Customs
8) Zonda R - Extreme Track Toys
9) Zenvo ST1 - Hypercars
10) Hotwheels Mustang - Modern Muscle

9) Zenvo ST1 - Hypercars

Could mean nothing but the announcement article refers to the ST1 as a supercar. I'm not sure how extreme it is in comparison to cars like the Noble and Lykan, both hypercars in the game, but the GTA Spano is caregorized as a supercar.

Hit the nail right on the head there. Thing is, with so many stern and sterile driving games in recent years and so many terrible ones as well, I think everyone's forgetting what's the meaning of fun.

This. SO much this...but WAIT CARS ARE SUPER-CEREAL...

Yeah, about that... My PC might not run FH3, because of how old it is. (Powered by an old Intel Celeron, yet, used to run TF2 & L4D2.) Not only that, I don't have the skills to build my own computer. (My dad isn't made of money!) So, I'm afraid (not really...) I have to play it on Xbox One.

From my understanding, it's essentially LEGOs for adults. But yeah, the money is an issue.

EDIT: Ahahahaha nooooo if you're eyeing ideal specs the tower itself was totalling $1800+.

Last edited:
Is it bad that the cars I am most excited for are the Valiant and the Hilux?

I mean, the Hilux would have been an ingenious addition to blizzard mountain but it's still cool to see it here. It would be nice to have the regular Hilux in the game with crazy engine swaps though.

Those look like three Stromberg 97 carbs, and the position of the water pipes makes me think this is going to have the classic flathead V8 in it.

I'm sure like me, you have many ideas for the 3-window. It's the one type of car I've wanted in Forza since I got interested in '32 Fords - although ideally I'd be a '29 man.

VXR
I'm sure like me, you have many ideas for the 3-window. It's the one type of car I've wanted in Forza since I got interested in '32 Fords - although ideally I'd be a '29 man.
You're a fellow hotrodder. I'm liking you more and more.

Bet you wont be able to do engine swaps on the '32 if one of the options is a fully exposed engine.

Didn't stop them from giving the Atom V8 engine swaps, did it? I wouldn't be surprised if they gave the '32 an engine swap or two regardless.

Bet you wont be able to do engine swaps on the '32 if one of the options is a fully exposed engine.

Engine swaps have always been a simple tweaking of the numbers in the physics model; the visual model doesn't change at all.

Achievement list revealed at TrueAchievements. 29 achievements in total for 500 gamerscore.

I like that TrueAchievements got an exclusive reveal for this one. Their site/community is great and they've been getting along well with the Xbox team for quite a while now.

Some off-the-cuff analysis of these Achievements:

upload_2017-4-28_16-49-51.png

Looks like a similar career progression system to Blizzard Mountain, only with Medals instead of Stars.

upload_2017-4-28_16-51-2.png

This is new, having the higher classes gated off by career progression. I hope something like this happens in the next Forza Motorsport title too, as it may help new players learn how to drive a car within their current skill level before they move up a tier.

upload_2017-4-28_16-52-39.png

Excluding Hot Wheels cars, here's a list:

upload_2017-4-28_16-54-21.png

upload_2017-4-28_16-54-52.png

This is either a new Skill or a Hot Wheels-specific name for Drift Zones.

upload_2017-4-28_16-55-49.png

Looks like a new Skill you'll specifically get for doing a loop, similar to how you get Trashman for knocking down bins.

Other than that the list is pretty standard:
  • Finish the career progression.
  • Do specific things in specific cars.
  • Do everything.
  • Collect everything.

Back