FH3 Hot Wheels Expansion - Now Available

• Thread starter Justuxful
  • 549 comments
This Hot Wheels is a dumb waste! You have Forza, off-road focus, set in Australia.... how can you NOT have an expansion based on Australia's major contribution to film and cars?!?! Hello.. MAD MAX expansion, anybody?! Forza should do a MAD MAX type of thing even without the rights, a post apocalyptic car game with non-arcade physics would rule!

This Hot Wheels is a dumb waste! You have Forza, off-road focus, set in Australia.... how can you NOT have an expansion based on Australia's major contribution to film and cars?!?! Hello.. MAD MAX expansion, anybody?! Forza should do a MAD MAX type of thing even without the rights, a post apocalyptic car game with non-arcade physics would rule!

Well, we already got an offroad expansion, known as Blizzard Mountain, and saying it's a waste is just your opinion you know, I'm stoked as hell for Tuesday.

If the Mad Max producers aren't handing over the cash, then there's no reason for Turn 10 to do it. Hot Wheel's would be paying pretty decent money for this expansion, as it pretty much works out to be its whole own game, with production costs being vastly less than what it would be if Hot Wheels were to make their own game. Turn 10 wouldn't have even comprehended an expansion like this if the Hot Wheels money and cross promotion wasn't involved.

I'm really excited! This is something quite unique, and it looks like fun, isn't that what it's all about? If I want to do serious sim racing (and I enjoy that as well), I'll play Grand Turismo or Forza Motorsport. To be honest, any "standard" expansion like Blizzard Mountain would have bored me. Come on Tuesday!

Livestream of the expansion later today.

full

My body is ready!

I've often wanted a decent Hot Wheels game, but they've never appealed. Being developed with frontline studios though, well that's the magic ingredient this world class brand has deserved.

Gonna watch the stream before I start work.

My body is not ready for this awesome stream.

I don't want to spoil myself by watching the stream, but I'm sooooo tempted D:

So this stream is basically a HotWheels informercial, from what I can gather... (no sound at work unfortunately)

I'm not watching today (at work) but no matter, they can just take my money anyway. I had actually resolved to not buy a 2nd expansion, I did not buy the pass, and I love Blizzard mountain too. I'm still playing it, still having tremendous amounts of fun, last weekend we had a 4 player - co-op campaign going on Blizzard Mountain and it was great fun.

But I resolved to not buy the 2nd expansion anyway, simply because I felt one expansion was enough. I thought it was a better idea to apply that money towards a new game on my list for this year, Red Dead 2, Ace Combat 7 whatever it may be. But all that changed when I saw what the expansion was, Hot Wheels! Why not just take me back to my childhood, pull on my heart strings while your at it, PG? I have very found memories of that Blaze-Orange track, thrilling loops and setting up jumps using hardcover books as a support and so on. Of course the decision was helped by my excited-as-can-be 9 year old boy who was sitting and watching that trailer with me. He said "Dad, you are getting this right?", to which I replied, of course I am, this looks amazing!

PS,

For the record I also thought the 2nd expansion was going to be the Porsche expansion so I thought I could skip it. Could've saved $5 but I gladly pay for content like this anyway.....anytime. Bravo PG and Turn 10 for this great offering and I can't wait to enjoy this tomorrow. I can only imagine how much fun 4 player co-op and the Online Adventure is going to be with the Hot wheels expansion, I sense some seriously good times ahead.

Oh, I'm wondering how the boost pads actually work, because in the stream, they only seem to kick the car up to its redline speed in its current gear. Which...could be exploited.

Oh, I'm wondering how the boost pads actually work, because in the stream, they only seem to kick the car up to its redline speed in its current gear. Which...could be exploited.

The old guy in the middle says that if you are running an acceleration set up and on manual transmission, the boost pad will shoot you up to 200 MPH or what have you, but as he says, 'things will get messy.'

Sweet, I just realized this will be out tonight. Gives me a reason to play again. I've been neglecting the Forzathons, I don't play as much as I used to.

The Forzathons last month were giving out free Porsches, some really great cars like the AWD 959. This month is fixing to be just as amazing with more great forathon prizes, you really should check them out, free cars are always worth it.

The Forzathons last month were giving out free Porsches, some really great cars like the AWD 959. This month is fixing to be just as amazing with more great forathon prizes, you really should check them out, free cars are always worth it.
I've noticed I've missed a lot. However I don't get as into collecting cars, like I do in the motorsports games. (Pretty damn excited for E3 and hopefully FM7 news). I do need to play more though, I've noticed a lot of them are super easy to get.

I've noticed I've missed a lot. However I don't get as into collecting cars, like I do in the motorsports games. (Pretty damn excited for E3 and hopefully FM7 news). I do need to play more though, I've noticed a lot of them are super easy to get.

The last one was ridiculously easy, I just raced the first drivatar I saw (in a Porsche) to get the barn find. You might sill have time to do it today before it closes.

Watching the stream right now and the map looks pretty mental. Will probably be a lot of stupid fun to play even though it's completely over the top. I'm still a bit skeptical but not as harsh as I was when it was first announced.

Cockpit view in the Twin Mill? Love it.

I was starting to wonder if we would get weather on the Hot Wheels map. They raced for quite a while in beautiful weather. But we finally got some rain so weather confirmed.

And it seems that the plastic ramps have an appropriate grip coefficient... Which means that things should get really interesting with rain. Crash-so-hard-the-game-decides-to-uninstall interesting.

Latest Posts

Back