FIA Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter adstomko
  • 24,947 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Qualified 3rd in both races, got punted off into 19th in both races. Had the race pace to close the gap over the leader while overtaking the back half of the grid... Should have been first in both of them. Smh. Just a brutal weekend... Again.

Cursed season.

Monza was best for me. Seeded 10th. Had a sideways moment on the hot lap so reset. Qualified 14th, but getting the start bang on and weaving through slow cars and being lucky at T1 I was down to 2nd right behind 1st after T2. I pushed a bit too hard and ended up giving up a place or two, but those drivers were faster than me and created a gap. I really benefited from being out of the swarming masses, part of the top 5 or so that escaped the carnage. Finished 6th after going off, would have been at least 5th if not for penalties from cutting exit or entrance of Ascari corners on multiple laps, but still very pleased - 2nd best points score this season. Been enjoying Manufacturers more than Nations this season, opposite to S1&2.

Nations...worst race ever? Qualified 8th with just one attempt.
The race...a racing indicent ended all hope in the first minute being pinballed nose first into the kink of the barrier before the slow left hander at the end of the long stretch that starts from T1. Instant stop. Engine damage. Various other bits flashing. Last place. Didn't see much point, but carried on for last place and worst points result ever.
My feelings on Group 2 are slightly less enthusiastic now...would have been better without such vicious tyre wear and fuel though.

Nations Cup: Decent quality, disastrous race. Went for the 1 stop strat, pace was too slow and I made a massive mistake when trying to overtaking in second to last corner. A little lapse of concentration made me lose completely the braking point. Hot the barrier, got engine damage, RIP.

Manufacturers Cup. A lot better. Qualy was also decent, race was great. Managed a great result. Chaos on turn 1 was real, people just can't be patient and take too much risks.

This Top 24 Saturday was one not devoid of action. Obviously, such an important set of races means that my G29 throttle pedal decided it was going to start fluttering like crazy. My understanding is that I needed to open it up and spray some electronic cleaner but I didn't have the stuff or the time to try it. I did what I could by blowing air into the area myself and pumping the pedal a fair number of times but of course, my throttle decided to do its thing on the straights during my fliers. I had to do with a scruffy last lap but what should've easily been top 10 starting spot ended up near the back.

To make things worse, I had to start midcorner on the outside. The brief moment where I had to be careful and I suddenly had someone on my inside going down the straight. The one ahead in the NSX was absolutely crawling so I was completely boxed in to where I was next to last by the second sector. A one stopper was the plan and so if I was going to be stuck back there, might as well conserve every bit of fuel. I should've saved even more given that I eventually caught up to the pack of cars ahead of me. It got really interesting on Lap 5 when lo and behold, the leaders pitted and they were coming up from behind. I was a bit irritated that the leaders went with a strategy I thought was poor and it was going to cause a big mess. Well, it kinda did for everyone but I survived and went to the pits. Good news was that I saved just enough fuel to come out first and I was able to pull a gap. I thought that was going to be it for any racing but then someone went off and came on track. It threw me off just enough that I cut that corner just before that one long straight and got myself a penalty. However, I did get around them and it became a matter of trying to hold them off while lowering the penalty. Eventually, my positions slowly climbed as two stoppers came in and I was rather surprised to cross the line 12th with a fair number of points.

At Monza, I told myself that I should fully expect to be punted at T1 and I just had to deal with the aftermath. My qualifying was okay but an extra tenth or two could've put me a lot further up front. Just like in the other regions, there was T1 carnage. I ended up off the track at the chicane and I had to crawl just to get the car back on course. Now, I had decided I was going to leave the TC from the standing start until past T1 and that helped me launch the Jag away from the utter mess behind me. I had a Mustang behind me which was concerning but other than that, a Top 10 was all but guaranteed. There must have been more mess ahead because both IOF and Nico ended up around me. I decided just to let them by and over time, I was pretty close to Lloyd but knew he was going to be far gone after the pits because the Citreon's OP fuel saving. Then he binned it off Ascari, something that oddly has happened to drivers ahead of me in that spot so many times before. At the last second, I decided to run an extra lap. The hope was to get an edge on the Mustang on tires and admittedly get the Jag some screen time in P1.

The strategy almost backfired as the Mustang somehow was in Nico's draft as I exited and they kept pulling away bit by bit. The good news was that the Mustang driver had so many penalties and I had none, well, until I cut the entry to Ascari for no reason whatsoever. It did cost me what could've been 7th but when one survives T1, 8th is something I'd take every time.

Now, it is quite unfortunate that four drivers disconnected and it was only a Top 20 race. I knew key people may have been watching and my comments in the chat may have not sit well with them but I put it out there anyways.

Hehehe, that was quite some fun for this night. And seeing Holl doing what seems to be a two stopper made my day!

Oh, and it was unfortunate for you to give up on Manufacturer Series... Only 4.4K points total, while I got 4.9K points...

Yeah that was an interesting strategy decision wasn't it.

Yeah just found the Lexus to be a depressing experience to race. Considering I was 2nd last season and things looked rosy for a solid result till the fateful patch hit.

Nothing much to describe at Monza. Started pole, got punted off, but I got reset and at the same moment someone punted me again, so at least I don't have to do a standing start once more. I dropped to 11th but back to 5th after the first corner. Then I went to first because I did a no stop while everyone else did. 1998 points :D

Nations Cup was much more fun. I qualified 1st, but after a near divebomb from myself after missing T1 braking point, and another near-miss divebomb from someone I had to evade dropped me to 4th. Outside overtakes everywhere, actually overtakes everywhere in general :lol:
People are still a bit unfamiliar (at least, the group of people I raced with for the entirety of the session) with this track it seems, since they refuse to go side by side with anyone else for more than 1 turn. Someone on the outside, the other backs out and I overtake them as well. Someone on the inside, same thing. But hey, no complains, since I got benefitted from it :lol:

In the the end, I stayed at 6th. The RC F was just too efficient on fuel for me to keep up on the pits :lol: the GT-R had a definite pace advantage though, so I was able to gain ground in the latter half of the race and even touch 4th for a while. Pressure just got into me and went to the grass a bit, putting me back to 6th. 14xx hard earned points :D

Just a correction: Citroens Gr3 fuel saving is far from OP, differently from the Gr4 car. You have to shift really early, and you lose speed, and even doing massive saving i had like only 6-7 litres more than the competition that wasnt saving as much as me. On the Asian race, Akagi on the GTR had 30l when pitting. Fuel efficiency is well balanced in this group.

The Gr4 car is OP on fuel, but it is absolutely crap at race pace after the nerfs so i think it's fair enough.

Last edited:
Yeah just found the Lexus to be a depressing experience to race. Considering I was 2nd last season and things looked rosy for a solid result till the fateful patch hit.
I find the Lexus still being an above average jack of all trades for me. But recently the Atenza has been stealing my poor Lexus' spotlight :(

This Top 24 Saturday was one not devoid of action. Obviously, such an important set of races means that my G29 throttle pedal decided it was going to start fluttering like crazy. My understanding is that I needed to open it up and spray some electronic cleaner but I didn't have the stuff or the time to try it. I did what I could by blowing air into the area myself and pumping the pedal a fair number of times but of course, my throttle decided to do its thing on the straights during my fliers. I had to do with a scruffy last lap but what should've easily been top 10 starting spot ended up near the back.

To make things worse, I had to start midcorner on the outside. The brief moment where I had to be careful and I suddenly had someone on my inside going down the straight. The one ahead in the NSX was absolutely crawling so I was completely boxed in to where I was next to last by the second sector. A one stopper was the plan and so if I was going to be stuck back there, might as well conserve every bit of fuel. I should've saved even more given that I eventually caught up to the pack of cars ahead of me. It got really interesting on Lap 5 when lo and behold, the leaders pitted and they were coming up from behind. I was a bit irritated that the leaders went with a strategy I thought was poor and it was going to cause a big mess. Well, it kinda did for everyone but I survived and went to the pits. Good news was that I saved just enough fuel to come out first and I was able to pull a gap. I thought that was going to be it for any racing but then someone went off and came on track. It threw me off just enough that I cut that corner just before that one long straight and got myself a penalty. However, I did get around them and it became a matter of trying to hold them off while lowering the penalty. Eventually, my positions slowly climbed as two stoppers came in and I was rather surprised to cross the line 12th with a fair number of points.

At Monza, I told myself that I should fully expect to be punted at T1 and I just had to deal with the aftermath. My qualifying was okay but an extra tenth or two could've put me a lot further up front. Just like in the other regions, there was T1 carnage. I ended up off the track at the chicane and I had to crawl just to get the car back on course. Now, I had decided I was going to leave the TC from the standing start until past T1 and that helped me launch the Jag away from the utter mess behind me. I had a Mustang behind me which was concerning but other than that, a Top 10 was all but guaranteed. There must have been more mess ahead because both IOF and Nico ended up around me. I decided just to let them by and over time, I was pretty close to Lloyd but knew he was going to be far gone after the pits because the Citreon's OP fuel saving. Then he binned it off Ascari, something that oddly has happened to drivers ahead of me in that spot so many times before. At the last second, I decided to run an extra lap. The hope was to get an edge on the Mustang on tires and admittedly get the Jag some screen time in P1.

The strategy almost backfired as the Mustang somehow was in Nico's draft as I exited and they kept pulling away bit by bit. The good news was that the Mustang driver had so many penalties and I had none, well, until I cut the entry to Ascari for no reason whatsoever. It did cost me what could've been 7th but when one survives T1, 8th is something I'd take every time.

Now, it is quite unfortunate that four drivers disconnected and it was only a Top 20 race. I knew key people may have been watching and my comments in the chat may have not sit well with them but I put it out there anyways.

If you have the budget
- invest in high quality pedal like Heusinkveld or the Fanatec Elite LC edition
- buy GIMX adapter and map your G29 wheel + new pedal
- enjoy the better control

The downside of GIMX is you need a PC

Didn’t recognise your GTR during the race. Always nice to meet GTPer at whatever situation.:cheers:
It's the stock livery, I don't have the time, effort or skill to do liveries :cheers:
The only time I raced a car with a livery in FIA was the Red Bull Junior as the only livery was the Red Bull livery I just painted it in some random colourshift and that was it.

My view of both Top 24 races last night: Manufacturers was definitely a cluster and pretty much a joke going into turn one and everyone experienced horrible racecraft.

Nations will be amazing for the commentators, half the field on a two stopper led by @ORMA_Snow and the other half on a one stopper led by myself. People on alternate strategies led to an extremely exciting race to watch start to finish not knowing what’s going to happen! Enjoy, like and subscribe

Nothing much to describe at Monza. Started pole, got punted off, but I got reset and at the same moment someone punted me again, so at least I don't have to do a standing start once more. I dropped to 11th but back to 5th after the first corner. Then I went to first because I did a no stop while everyone else did. 1998 points :D

Nations Cup was much more fun. I qualified 1st, but after a near divebomb from myself after missing T1 braking point, and another near-miss divebomb from someone I had to evade dropped me to 4th. Outside overtakes everywhere, actually overtakes everywhere in general :lol:
People are still a bit unfamiliar (at least, the group of people I raced with for the entirety of the session) with this track it seems, since they refuse to go side by side with anyone else for more than 1 turn. Someone on the outside, the other backs out and I overtake them as well. Someone on the inside, same thing. But hey, no complains, since I got benefitted from it :lol:

In the the end, I stayed at 6th. The RC F was just too efficient on fuel for me to keep up on the pits :lol: the GT-R had a definite pace advantage though, so I was able to gain ground in the latter half of the race and even touch 4th for a while. Pressure just got into me and went to the grass a bit, putting me back to 6th. 14xx hard earned points :D

Hey mate that other near miss you had at the hairpin before the bridge was me, i got on the grass when braking and ended up heading straight to the inside, i apoligise for that, wasn't intended as an overtake. My first time racing you and you were clean and fair.

Hey mate that other near miss you had at the hairpin before the bridge was me, i got on the grass when braking and ended up heading straight to the inside, i apoligise for that, wasn't intended as an overtake. My first time racing you and you were clean and fair.
No worries! :)
Everyone was still learning the track at that point, including me, so things like these are unavoidable

Great race as well, glad to have raced you :)

I'd like to read more about this, why is manual faster than automatic?
I'm open to change to manual, but apart of the obvious fuel saving I don't see any objective reason. I never miss a change.

Aside from the fuel saving as mentioned above, being able to change to the optimal gear for a corner is probably the largest advantage. Being in the incorrect gear for a corner can have a fairly significant affect on corner entry or exit speed.

Also, a summary of both of my races last night. I got absolutely destroyed in both nation's and manufacturer. Someone decided to scrub penalty in the braking zone of the final corner of nations and led to me not even setting a qualifying time and starting last . For manufacturers, I was doing well and running in the top 4 in my room when I was hit from the rear by someone who apparently didn't brake at all into the first corner, causing my car to reset and drop back to 17th. Not a great night at all.

Top 24 videos are ready!

Saint Croix A is a terrible track. Having throttle issues didn't help at all and doing all that fuel saving was no fun at all. That's why the end result was good considering.

At Monza, I chose to stay on the outside hoping divebombers were going to aim on the inside. Look liked that worked. Ideally, I would've cut the chicane more but I risked resetting back in the middle of T1 like with IOF. Really daft that it does this because I had to take awkward angles and the speed bumps made the car impossible to turn even at crawling speeds with full lock.

I think in GT4, you could prevent a gear change while on automatic by holding the gear up/down button.

After the last few rounds of FIA I'm seriously considering tanking my DR a bit so there's a chance I don't get put in top split lobbies that are mostly full of guys I can't compete with yet. I wouldn't mind racing with them if those lobbies had some sort of points multiplier, but they don't, (excluding Top24) so I keep competing for around 15th place and very little points. I'm seeing that many of the guys I used to race with in the middle to upper end of A/S are gaining twice as many points as I am because they are in weaker lobbies and placing higher. Man, those were the days. I'm not expecting to make it to the top 24 and will never place very high in MFG or Nations overall, but I know I would have more FIA points if my DR were lower, and that just isn't right.

Summary of yesterday's races:

MFG: strong lobby (for me), some names I regularly see on the top 10 are here, something like 2100 points to the winner. Qualified 11 in the Lancer (had a .5s penalty on my only good lap). Gained a spot on the grid start, gained a couple more at T1 where one of the usual high-level divebombers does his thing and punts at least 2 people, one of them the polesitter. I think I came out of that chaos in 7th with 2 SR deduction flags for pretty minimal contact caused by others. Not a very eventful race otherwise. @Dezcom was behind me for a bit, and I was holding him up because the guy in front of me was driving erratically and for some reason he was coming to a near stop while braking for Ascari, which really threw me off (maybe intentionally? not sure). I would like to think that a driver on this level knows the proper braking points and speed to take those corners, but who knows. Sorry about that Dez, I nearly punted him once, then after that I was paranoid he was brake checking me, then on another lap there were 2 guys serving their penalties right before Ascari again. Some of the racecraft I witnessed watching the replay was embarrassing. Ended up finishing 12th, but kicking myself because I think I had the potential to make top 8 if it weren't for mistakes. SR down from 99 to 86 for basically nothing. 2 Daily races and back to 99 before Nations. Lost a few hundred DR, but still in A+.

Nations: again, super strong lobby for being outside of Top24, 2300 points to winner. @Wardez is on pole, and @RoadBeef is close behind in P2 I think. Great job to the both of you guys, really impressive. I was only able to qualify 14th or 15th, as I was taking it kinda easy, considering penalties and that you only get 2 laps max if you're lucky. I had some good battles in the back with a few familiar faces, but there were indeed a handful of desperation drivers, first crashing, then trying to push their way back through the field the way they do ever so politely(s). Also mostly uneventful, finished 14th and I honestly think that was close to the best I could have done against these fellas. Maybe 12th if I had been a littler cleaner once tires started to wear, but that's pushing it with my pace. Also, first day ever racing that track, so I think simply not crashing and avoiding last place is an accomplishment in a lobby of this strength. Maintained 99SR, as did everyone in the race I think, but lost about 1000 DR on this one. Still hanging on to A+ by about 3000, but I'm becoming less and less attached to that title as each day of racing passes, lol.

Last edited:
After the last few rounds of FIA I'm seriously considering tanking my DR a bit so there's a chance I don't get put in top split lobbies that are mostly full of guys I can't compete with yet. I wouldn't mind racing with them if those lobbies had some sort of points multiplier, but they don't, (excluding Top24) so I keep competing for around 15th place and very little points. I'm seeing that many of the guys I used to race with in the middle to upper end of A/S are gaining twice as many points as I am because they are in weaker lobbies and placing higher. Man, those were the days. I'm not expecting to make it to the top 24 and will never place very high in MFG or Nations overall, but I know I would have more FIA points if my DR were lower, and that just isn't right.

Summary of yesterday's races:

MFG: strong lobby (for me), some names I regularly see on the top 10 are here, something like 2100 points to the winner. Qualified 11 in the Lancer (had a .5s penalty on my only good lap). Gained a spot on the grid start, gained a couple more at T1 where one of the usual high-level divebombers does his thing and punts at least 2 people, one of them the polesitter. I think I came out of that chaos in 7th with 2 SR deduction flags for pretty minimal contact caused by others. Not a very eventful race otherwise. @Dezcom was behind me for a bit, and I was holding him up because the guy in front of me was driving erratically and for some reason he was coming to a near stop while braking for Ascari, which really threw me off (maybe intentionally? not sure). I would like to think that a driver on this level knows the proper braking points and speed to take those corners, but who knows. Sorry about that Dez, I nearly punted him once, then after that I was paranoid he was brake checking me, then on another lap there were 2 guys serving their penalties right before Ascari again. Some of the racecraft I witnessed watching the replay was embarrassing. Ended up finishing 12th, but kicking myself because I think I had the potential to make top 8 if it weren't for mistakes. SR down from 99 to 86 for basically nothing. 2 Daily races and back to 99 before Nations. Lost a few hundred DR, but still in A+.

Nations: again, super strong lobby for being outside of Top24, 2300 points to winner. @Wardez is on pole, and @RoadBeef is close behind in P2 I think. Great job to the both of you guys, really impressive. I was only able to qualify 14th or 15th, as I was taking it kinda easy, considering penalties and that you only get 2 laps max if you're lucky. I had some good battles in the back with a few familiar faces, but there were indeed a handful of desperation drivers, first crashing, then trying to push their way back through the field the way they do ever so politely(s). Also mostly uneventful, finished 14th and I honestly think that was close to the best I could have done against these fellas. Maybe 12th if I had been a littler cleaner once tires started to wear, but that's pushing it with my pace. Also, first day ever racing that track, so I think simply not crashing and avoiding last place is an accomplishment in a lobby of this strength. Maintained 99SR, as did everyone in the race I think, but lost about 1000 DR on this one. Still hanging on to A+ by about 3000, but I'm becoming less and less attached to that title as each day of racing passes, lol.

Dont tank your DR on purpose.

You will either improve as the racing is generally better and closer or your DR will naturally tank anyway.

Decided to see if I could get into the Top 24 Manufacturers race. Didn't, so I had to race the last time slot.

Game freezes as the track was loading.

This was the best opportunity I had to catch up to the top driver in Honda (they didn't get a good finish in the T24 race) and it's been stripped away. Now I have to make up a 1400-point gap with 2 races left. :nervous:

After the last few rounds of FIA I'm seriously considering tanking my DR a bit so there's a chance I don't get put in top split lobbies that are mostly full of guys I can't compete with yet. I wouldn't mind racing with them if those lobbies had some sort of points multiplier, but they don't, (excluding Top24) so I keep competing for around 15th place and very little points. I'm seeing that many of the guys I used to race with in the middle to upper end of A/S are gaining twice as many points as I am because they are in weaker lobbies and placing higher. Man, those were the days. I'm not expecting to make it to the top 24 and will never place very high in MFG or Nations overall, but I know I would have more FIA points if my DR were lower, and that just isn't right

I’m in the same situation, but what’s your goal in this competition? At first I wanted to be as high as possible in Manufacturers (not racing Nations because not enough free time), but being outside the top 2 won’t make any difference in the end so I’d rather have fun competing for p10 with the best of the best than winning races. I’m in lower A+ rank so there’s still a big gap from the A+ veterans.

I think PD needs to adjust the point system to better reflect the difference between higher and lower A+. And maybe create something to reward those fighting for the wins at lower ranks.

As for lowering your DR, you can lower your SR and you’ll be in a weaker lobby for the next race and you can win + get your SR back in one race.

I entered the last slot for manufacturers and got booted while the lobby loaded. 0 points try again next time.

For nations, in the second to last slot, i got held up in qualifying and started mid pack, then got rammed to oblivion and pit maneuvered out of the race.

At this point my feelings are that these FIA races as well intentioned as they are will only ever be destruction derby survival races because the people it is attracting are that way. We can't blame pd, gtsport is just chock full of ego maniacs and punters who will do anything it takes to gain a spot and dont give a rip about etiquette. It is unfixable, this is what it is and forever will be.

I am done. Back to some organized racing with snail and IRS where there is order and bad driving is punished. I just can't take it anymore. Good luck to the rest of you that are trying to drive responsibly the few that are left.

Dont tank your DR on purpose.

You will either improve as the racing is generally better and closer or your DR will naturally tank anyway.

Thanks for your input, and I do understand the logic, but it doesn't really feel like racing alone in the back of the pack is making me any better. I could be wrong.

Also, your point about DR naturally tanking is valid, but not entirely true when comparing Daily races to FIA races. When I join dailies, I'm usually one of only a couple A+ drivers, sometimes the only one. I'm usually starting in the top 3-5 lately, and finishing in the top 3 as long as I don't mess up, which snags me a few points, but not many.

Point being, when I join FIA races, there are so many other people joining that I'm no longer matched with anyone below A+ or high A, and it just so happens that I'm usually near the bottom of that list. So it's not really my DR that bothers me, it's that I'm being locked out of the potential to gain more FIA points because there's literally no way I can currently compete with guys that have 65k DR or more. Placing low doesn't bother me either, it's just the fact that I was gaining more FIA points before I was A+ than I am now, and while I could be racing better, I'm performing to my current potential. I just wish there was a better way to reflect my current performances. If I'm good enough to be matched against some of the best in the region, my points should reflect that and should be higher than those who have never made it to lobbies quite as strong.

I’m in the same situation, but what’s your goal in this competition? At first I wanted to be as high as possible in Manufacturers (not racing Nations because not enough free time), but being outside the top 2 won’t make any difference in the end so I’d rather have fun competing for p10 with the best of the best than winning races. I’m in lower A+ rank so there’s still a big gap from the A+ veterans.

I think PD needs to adjust the point system to better reflect the difference between higher and lower A+. And maybe create something to reward those fighting for the wins at lower ranks.

As for lowering your DR, you can lower your SR and you’ll be in a weaker lobby for the next race and you can win + get your SR back in one race.

Hey man, I saw you in one of my races yesterday, can't remember which one. Great job.

As far as what my goal in the competition is....I simply want to have good races and be ranked in a somewhat accurate way. I don't care about winning and would actually love to keep racing with those who I consider the best, I just want my points to reflect that. I don't expect to be top 2, but should the people with lower DR and easier FIA races be ranked higher than me because they are doing better in weaker lobbies? I shouldn't be able to say with a straight face that I would have more FIA points if my DR was lower.

I think your point is exactly what I mean, there's a big difference between the bottom and top of A+ and the points should account for it. I don't really want to lower my SR and I shouldn't have to, it's not wins that I'm after, it's just an accurate depiction of where I stand compared to other drivers. The DR system works well, but the FIA races and FIA points system distort reality.

Got a massive shock at the start. I didn't expect the light to go out so quickly, I was very close to missing the start due to not being on the throttle. But it ended up being a great start after an average quali and managed to avoid the turn 1 carnage.
I think probably I would have won if Georgio didn't have Patohm's slipstream to save fuel.
Didn't make the superstars race but I did rescue my season.

Sorry for you :(. This is happening to people way too much!
I wish the top 24 races took place in earlier time slots. The top 24 race for manufacturers taking place in the penultimate time slot meant I only had just one more chance to race if I didn't get in. I couldn't afford to have the game crash on that one chance, especially since I'm trying to get into the finals to represent Honda. Now the record shows that I didn't participate in Round 8 even though I tried twice.

I've been indirectly punished by the game just because I didn't get in to the Top 24, and that might just cost me my fight for the top spot in Honda. That's not right.

Got a massive shock at the start. I didn't expect the light to go out so quickly, I was very close to missing the start due to not being on the throttle. But it ended up being a great start after an average quali and managed to avoid the turn 1 carnage.
I think probably I would have won if Georgio didn't have Patohm's slipstream to save fuel.
Didn't make the superstars race but I did rescue my season.

lol that was basically a default Gran Turismo countdown

Round 8 - Nation:

@Wardez and I put in about an hour and a half of practice prior to the slot 4 event. This helped my big time to figure out Croix's braking points. It feels as though the Gr.2's don't switch on their aero until at relatively high speeds, so carrying absolute maximum apex speeds with total track-out steering was super critical. Although the RC-F and NSX could take the fast right hand sweeper onto the long back straight flat-out, they both consumed fuel pretty heavily compared to the GT-R. The GT-R's handicap for me was heavy front tire wear, but fuel map 2 was all that was required for about a lap and a half to stretch the stint into 4 laps, so a 1-stopper with the Nissan was the strategy I adopted. Wardez made the fuel work for the RC-F much to my dismay, the tricky devil. His pace was superb, hats off to him. I kept close to him throughout and mounted a final attack down the aforementioned back straight on the final lap, but didn't slow enough for the left-right kink at the end of it and accrued a corner cut penalty. D'oh! Congratulations to Wardez, now leading our A+ DR mini-championship.

5773627998252073480_0.jpg

Wardez leading the field towards T9, lap 1.

5774190948071278080_0.jpg

Z28 battling through the field at the back straight kink.

5909298928839328256_0.jpg

The closest I could get to Wardez, just prior to the pit stops.

Round 8 - Manufacturers:

Oof. I wish I had put more practice laps in. Goofed my second Q run with a corner cut into Ascari, otherwise might have been up among the top4. As it was, started P8. T1 bumpercars ensued and found myself P10. Worked on through to P4 but did not try metering my fuel at all because the 911 had no legs on the straights. Into the pits at the end of lap 6, exited P10 again, but managed to take advantage of a pack of three's squabbling on the final lap to ascend to P6 at the line. Just happy to be done with Monza, what a felch of a race. 1800 pts for P6 is certainly nothing to shake a stick at, I am very pleased with that all things considered.

5773628000332448256_0.jpg

Deafsun96 leading us out of T1, lap 1.

5918306138227507712_0.jpg

I was lucky not to receive a cut penalty for this one. This was a hasty livery put together five minutes before entering.

Now that we 'muricans have a three day weekend, you can bet I'll be putting in many hours of practice for the upcoming events.

Last edited:
Well for those interested I've re-uploaded nations at 1080. That was due to my internet having issues and nothing I could do (Was there end). So here's Nations T24 Superstars!

The big thing here in Nations is I hadn't done a practice race and I think that really back fired for me here.. Didn't realise how much fuel saving was required. I love Gr.2 though it really suits my driving style, a lot of mistakes on my qualy lap but still surprised I got that position!

Manufacturers cup was always expecting carnage... but I had to try keep the PUG dream alive.. Unlike Nations I had done a practice race with my team mate as he's only doing Manufacturers and that helped me massively understand a lot which helped a lot in the race. Apologies for the raging in this one but I get so fed up sometimes of people who don't race SMART... Enjoy all the same :)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back