FIA Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter adstomko
  • 24,947 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just join again Nation Cup after I get really good with tire physic, didn't have any great qualification time ended start in 11th and finish on 4 crazy result to me and gambling is totally payed off.

I never like use AMG in Nurburgring (Nurburgring in general) trying use AMG cause seeing people in A+ and S lot use AMG turnout only me that using AMG in class fear it will be come like Bathurst race so I take fuel strategy from start and pitting 1 lap later than other people for tire advantage. Mostly I rank up on lap 1 so I can take breather in next lap.​

DmWPQMkU8AA975x.jpg

@Jomas should assist you into getting Jaguar into the Top 16. Though it's also not helped by some guy who is on level with me as the fastest Jaguar driver in Asia scoring lowly points as a result...

Yes, the Asian part of Jaguar is used to the last places sadly, even a Top 15 would help us a lot. But @OutlawQuadrnt and I are trying our best to qualify Jaguar for the World Finals. Interlagos will decide everything, and with 17 Manufacturers in the Top 24 EMEA, it sounds promising... Or not. But the start at Monza in the T24SS EMEA half burried the chances to have a decent final result, countless of the bad luck of my American teammate.

Nations Cup: I ran very poor race, very dissapointed in my showing. I had practiced a lot over the week since I have never had a top 5 finish at Nurburg and it has really been my worst track overall. After entering the lobby I can see I needed a top 10 finish in order to build on my overall points total. I trail only 9 points from 1st place in my region so even though I'm a B DR and have no hopes of a good overall finish I at least have that title in reach.

After qualifying P11 I thought building on my points total was attainable though I'd have to work for a significant point increase. The race started the worst way possible, bloody false start! It was only my 2nd grid start, I false started the first one too. Both times I hit the accelerator on the last red light thinking it would be the one that turns green. Right off the hop going into turn 1 I was set back to about P17. With my frustration about the false start getting the better of me I had gone off track on turn 2 and 3 putting me dead last.

The first half of the race was very poor compared to my practice laps where I was consistently logging times 1:59-2:02. My lap times in the race were 2:04-2:08. I looks like most of the field hit the pits on lap 6, my strategy as always is to pit as late as possible. I hit the pits on lap 7-8 and came out dead last, thugh I had gained a few seconds on the driver ahead of me.

My second half of the race was more like my practice. Laps 8-12 were all in the 2:01 range. It seemed to me all the drivers in the back of the field pit on lap 6-7 so with my tires slightly more fresh and my good lap times I was able to climb from last place, P18 at this point in the race to P14 where I finished.

The pressure is on for me in Rd. 10 at Sarthe. I have never raced there before and it's a huge track to try an learn and master in a day or two.

So my FIA season is over since I won’t be able to race on Saturday. 5143 points in Nations (3 decent scores), and a terrible 4177 in Manufacturers (only 1 score over 1000!). Anything less than 6500 in either of them is pretty pathetic and disappointing.

Did my first ever FIA race with manual transmission for the manufacturers last night, don’t think it made too much of a difference. Got distracted a few times and shifted unneccessarily but it wasn’t bad. Doubt I’ll ever be ready to go manual in anything above Gr.4 though. Cost myself a few positions doing 2 stops there, finished 14th, but even if I got 11th like I could’ve it still wouldn’t have been worth any decent amount of points. I’m not an aggressive enough driver to make 2 stops work. And didn’t get any penalties!

Nations was fun, actually got the #1 seed in a room for once. If there wasn’t any tire or fuel usage I probably would’ve been fastest, but since there was I finished 4th, would’ve been 3rd without penalties.

Got clean race bonus in both races which is a first.

For next season, like I’ve said before, I hope to see a lot more variation in the race types. More classes, different race lengths, varying strategies. Give us some where we have enough fuel to last the race but have to manage tires, or some without any wear that are just flat out sprints.

Guys, its my first post here, and long story cut short...i just came on to gt sport today to check my fia nations ranking after last nights action and came to see it had reset back to 0 points. I took a screenshot last night showing my point haul 3404) i believe so am confused what is happening as its only between round 9 and 10 and my manufacturers rank points are correct still....any info would be appreciated ( what i need to do to fix this) cheers guys- angler120

Manufacturer's race where the Fat Cat had to fight a train of Caymans, Hyundais, Alfas and McLarens. Correction: more like survive to stay with them and all that dirty air.

I'm sure people are going to question my strategy for my Nations race. The replay revealed my crazy idea was so close to actually working. It definitely helped me keep 2nd despite staying out an extra 2 laps. I'll also add that my form with the Evo was one of the closest I've been to what I was in GT6. Wish it could carry over to other cars.

Anyone have advice for qualifying? I stayed in pits for a while to get clear track, but then on my flying lap a car far ahead spun out, then rejoined not far ahead of me and wouldn't let me by. Ruined my only lap with optimal tire wear. Can't believe he blocked me for a few turns :grumpy:

That put me in mid pack for race, where I was then destroyed in a 6-7 car pile up at T1 caused by a backmarker late braking..which spit me out in last place off in the grass, pointing backwards, with a 3.00 second penalty. My God, why even bother... :rolleyes:

Anyone have advice for qualifying? I stayed in pits for a while to get clear track, but then on my flying lap a car far ahead spun out, then rejoined not far ahead of me and wouldn't let me by. Ruined my only lap with optimal tire wear. Can't believe he blocked me for a few turns :grumpy:

That put me in mid pack for race, where I was then destroyed in a 6-7 car pile up at T1 caused by a backmarker late braking..which spit me out in last place off in the grass, pointing backwards, with a 3.00 second penalty. My God, why even bother... :rolleyes:

Go out early, burn a lap or two of fuel, change tires and do not take any additional fuel. When you exit the pits, attempt to place yourself in a position where you think you'll be able to run on a clean track or behind someone fast. There is quite a bit of luck involved in qualifying, mainly in the sense that you hope no one exits the pits while you are starting a flying lap and decides to camp on the racing line on their out lap.

Guys, its my first post here, and long story cut short...i just came on to gt sport today to check my fia nations ranking after last nights action and came to see it had reset back to 0 points. I took a screenshot last night showing my point haul 3404) i believe so am confused what is happening as its only between round 9 and 10 and my manufacturers rank points are correct still....any info would be appreciated ( what i need to do to fix this) cheers guys- angler120
Here are screenshots of before and after

Attachments

• IMG_20180906_163521.jpg
    IMG_20180906_163521.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20180906_163538.jpg
    IMG_20180906_163538.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 19
There is no incentive to stop someone already with a good time protecting it by getting in the way of anyone who looks fast on subsequent laps. It only takes someone to block you round one corner and you can kiss your time goodbye.

I like qualifying with other people, so not sure how to make it fairer (ghosting?), but happens in real life too.

Anybody know what car are the top EMEA drivers using for Le Mans?
And isn't the T24 supposed to be 9 laps, not 25 minutes!?

well spotted mate wtf i nevee changed it to season two haha. Relieved
Actually it says this ! Saying ive not entered the final season, note the second picture which is my final season progress....please help

Attachments

• IMG_20180906_183714.jpg
    IMG_20180906_183714.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20180906_183746.jpg
    IMG_20180906_183746.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 17
Actually it says this ! Saying ive not entered the final season, note the second picture which is my final season progress....please help

Same here and many others reported same issues of ''Not yet Entered'' and losing all points in Nations Cup. Also since when is top 10 for Nations race a worldwide ranking?

Looks like some kind of bug and hopefully PD is already on it.

Go out early, burn a lap or two of fuel, change tires and do not take any additional fuel. When you exit the pits, attempt to place yourself in a position where you think you'll be able to run on a clean track or behind someone fast. There is quite a bit of luck involved in qualifying, mainly in the sense that you hope no one exits the pits while you are starting a flying lap and decides to camp on the racing line on their out lap.

Thank you for that advice! I was quite put off as this was only the 2nd time I didn't take pole (and first time I wasn't starting on front row) in this season's series.

I've got a little problem just happened in game that I need some advice on.

Got kicked while a Race A lobby was loading so I closed the game down and reloaded up but now when
I click to go into the races it shows my qualifying times for Race A, B and C and it shows my points
summary for Manufacturers Cup but the Nations Cup records have been deleted as if I've not taken
part in 8 out of 9 races so far.

It says Network Error when I try to click into the next event.

Anyone else having this issue? I hope it's fixed by Saturday as I'd hate to loose everything up
to this point!

I've got a little problem just happened in game that I need some advice on.

Got kicked while a Race A lobby was loading so I closed the game down and reloaded up but now when
I click to go into the races it shows my qualifying times for Race A, B and C and it shows my points
summary for Manufacturers Cup but the Nations Cup records have been deleted as if I've not taken
part in 8 out of 9 races so far.

It says Network Error when I try to click into the next event.

Anyone else having this issue? I hope it's fixed by Saturday as I'd hate to loose everything up
to this point!

Yep. I can’t see my points for Nations for yesterday anymore (it’s the only race I’ve done). Don’t even have the option of looking at “final season” in the menu and the front screen says “Not Entered”

can confirm my game won't show me current season points, only last season, however current points are on the GT website and viewable for now

but then on my flying lap a car far ahead spun out, then rejoined not far ahead of me and wouldn't let me by.

I feel like this always happens to me. On my out lap I drive slowly until I get to the back of the pack and get huge distance but someone always spins out ahead of me and I end up catching up to them.

I'll try BLKJ Evolution's suggestion with pitting, but maybe not on Sarthe seeing as how we'd probably only get 3 laps in during the 10 minute qualifier. So two out laps only leaves one final lap to log a time.

I feel like this always happens to me. On my out lap I drive slowly until I get to the back of the pack and get huge distance but someone always spins out ahead of me and I end up catching up to them.

I'll try BLKJ Evolution's suggestion with pitting, but maybe not on Sarthe seeing as how we'd probably only get 3 laps in during the 10 minute qualifier. So two out laps only leaves one final lap to log a time.

Pitting in on Sarthe during qualification is a risky one, and I wouldn't do it myself. You'd probably be better off just taking it very easy on the tires on the out lap, then pushing for a good qualification lap. Some may disagree with me.

Well guys here's the VoD I took it down earlier just because I wanted the finish on there and after watching the chat and realising I forgot to enable chat on video (Doh!) I decided I'd just upload the finish and reenable the livestream as the chat was epic! Thanks for the support during the races, honestly it's awesome! Here's the stream and end;

Absolutely no need for apologize, I was just worried that you got disconnected from PSN as well. It would've been very sad because you had a very good race! Gongrats to podium btw!

I feel like I needed to apologize as everyone had invested a good 30 minutes + into the stream for it to die, isn't fair on you guys. Lets just hope the transmitter doesn't do any more firmware updates in the evening... (What a time to do it honestly...)

By the way, @Tidgney , is GTA_takhey actually part of your team? Or is he just using that tag to remind people that he also plays Grand Theft Auto?

takhey is not affiliated with us in anyway. GTA Racings ISP currently is that we are all GT Academy finalists and all are British (We're also a democracy and no-one owns or leads the team, decision is a group one). O and for anyone else wondering, it's not GT Academy it's actually Grand Touring Allstars.

Missus wants to have a movie night Saturday... got the popcorn ready and now have something to watch ;) Just hope she likes my choice of viewing material...!

Well done for making T24 mate and best of luck

Hahaha, she'll love it! Lets hope for some crazy racing, and some crazy results :D!!! Popcorn, beer or non alcoholic beverage for those that don't drink and lets have a good old time!

@Tidgney If I see you behind me at Interlagos I might Glock it. :lol: Might. :P

<3 <3 <3

I'm sure people are going to question my strategy for my Nations race. The replay revealed my crazy idea was so close to actually working. It definitely helped me keep 2nd despite staying out an extra 2 laps. I'll also add that my form with the Evo was one of the closest I've been to what I was in GT6. Wish it could carry over to other cars

Did you ever run Map 2 during the race?? I had to jump to map 2/3 every twisty section and back to 1 on the straight always to manage the gap. I’m surprised you had so much fuel by lap 6.

EDIT: By the way, your pit strategy was super close to paying off big time. I almost got stuck behind a train of cars. Had to make a desperate move to pass them in to corner 1.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back