FIA Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter adstomko
  • 24,947 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you ever run Map 2 during the race?? I had to jump to map 2/3 every twisty section and back to 1 on the straight always to manage the gap. I’m surprised you had so much fuel by lap 6.

EDIT: By the way, your pit strategy was super close to paying off big time. I almost got stuck behind a train of cars. Had to make a desperate move to pass them in to corner 1.
Simply short shifted. It's too clumsy to keep changing the fuel map on my G29. I actually burned too much fuel trying to get back into your slipstream.

I figured that out after I had watched the replay. My past experiences with Nurburgring GP races have shown traffic to be a problem because fuel consumption is low relative to distance.

Btw, if your signature suggests who you are, then it's nice to see you on track again. 👍

Anybody got suggestions on the car for the Gr.1 race tomorrow at Le Sarthe?
I had a quick go in the Toyota last night, but only got a 3:26 after a few laps. Not sure if I am slow because of my bad driving, or whether you have to use the Audi to be competitive.

Anybody got suggestions on the car for the Gr.1 race tomorrow at Le Sarthe?
I had a quick go in the Toyota last night, but only got a 3:26 after a few laps. Not sure if I am slow because of my bad driving, or whether you have to use the Audi to be competitive.
Plenty of people in Asian region are using the Peugeot, but I won't be one of them. Toyota Ts050 is a good option, you might make it on a no stopper. Dodge tomahawk too is alright-ish.

I think I've done the maths and i'm safe even if i disconnect tomorrow night.... but then again my maths was never very good

Ok so these are my video's from Wednesday 5th September races, round 9 of the final season.

These are my best results and follow some serious training/practice following advice from fellow forum member Alpha Cipher.

Manufacturers Cup:

Nations Cup:

Hoping tomorrow continues the improvements in the final races of the season! Will post up the results on Sunday.

Plenty of people in Asian region are using the Peugeot, but I won't be one of them. Toyota Ts050 is a good option, you might make it on a no stopper. Dodge tomahawk too is alright-ish.

I think I've done the maths and i'm safe even if i disconnect tomorrow night.... but then again my maths was never very good
I've done the maths and I think you're pretty safe, especially when you are currently the 2nd kiwi
I got bored at work and created this spreadsheet to see where exactly I stand in terms of Nations Cup regional finals
I did a similar thing using the season 2 results to estimate what score I would need to get to the regionals and currrently it is about right at 1600 ish average to qualify (if you are not Japanese)

If anyone has any time to go through it I am considering trying my luck at the T24 race
I think I need about 1500 points (improving on my current lowest of 1291) to "safely" maintain 10th in Australia
If I manage to squeak in to T24 I would probably be near last but might be able to generate an ok score of 1000 plus 2.5x whatever it is for not coming last
I basically have to choose between risking scoring nothing (1000 which isn't improving my score) or try to go for a podium in a non T24 room with my tanked 48k DR
The other thing is I don't have much time available to practice this round so I won't be able to be 100% confident in whatever I decide

Attachments

• FIA GTC Nations Cup 2018 Final Season Regionals Worksheet.xlsx
    47.6 KB · Views: 12
I'll try BLKJ Evolution's suggestion with pitting, but maybe not on Sarthe seeing as how we'd probably only get 3 laps in during the 10 minute qualifier. So two out laps only leaves one final lap to log a time.
I reckon there's simply not enough time for pitting during qualifying at La Sarthe, even if you're an alien capable of running three consecutive laps under 3:20 (which is 10 minutes divided by 3).

@HERE4BEER3, @MrCooper is 100% correct, pitting at Le Mans most likely won’t work due to the fact that you need two laps after exiting the pits. You need your out lap, and your flier, and I don’t think there is enough time in a 10 minute session.

You are definitely better off trying to get two clean laps and conserving your tires on your original outlap when qualifying starts.

Good luck!

@HERE4BEER3, @MrCooper is 100% correct, pitting at Le Mans most likely won’t work due to the fact that you need two laps after exiting the pits. You need your out lap, and your flier, and I don’t think there is enough time in a 10 minute session.

You are definitely better off trying to get two clean laps and conserving your tires on your original outlap when qualifying starts.

Good luck!

I also echo these comments, being the "noob" in the mix for the first time even I quickly picked up La Sarthe is too long to pit after an out
and flyer lap. Hopefully this time I don't get my time hammered like the last race though!

I thought I was doing well saving gas with the 86 at the last Mftr. Last week at Willow, I did the same and did a good pit jump but this week, I was surprised to see no change in position. Like outlaw was saying, it's too difficult fumbling with the dial to change fuel mid race, with it not working with the wheel turned etc. (and needing radar on to avoid collision), but maybe that's just another skill that's needed that I can't manage well yet.

Onward to Brazil, hoping for the best, T1 is going to be...fun.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/sportmode/championship/1180/schedule

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/sportmode/championship/1183/schedule

So 'Off Season Exhibitions' are the new 'Test Seasons' by the looks of it. They won't be anywhere near as competitive as the races we've had the past month but still will get much better matchmaking than Dailies.

At least they are running something though, I need the practice for the next officials XD, I was worried they wouldn’t do anything during the live events

Here´s my Nations Cup on Nürburgring GP. I was in the top lobby of the day in EMEA again (first stint) for 2913 points.
Totally messed up my qualifying because of penaltys for track limits and had to start from P. 17 :ouch:
My race speed was definitely better than my qualifying so i worked my way through the field ending in 10th place.
12 intense laps with several nice battles on the highest level. :cheers:
Even i had a bad qualifying i still enjoyed this race.

Gr.4 at the Circuit de la Sarthe? I wonder if that means we will get the Bugatti circuit, or will it just be an interminably slow lap of the main circuit?

Do you guys think we will be able to select a new manufacturer for these or be with who we are with now? Just out of curiosity

Do you guys think we will be able to select a new manufacturer for these or be with who we are with now? Just out of curiosity
Based only on how I had to again choose to re-sign with Porsche between test season 1 and the current season, your answer is probably yes.

Based only on how I had to again choose to re-sign with Porsche between test season 1 and the current season, your answer is probably yes.

I agree with you Mr. Beef, I think we'll have the pick of the litter after this season ends. I'm not sure if I want to leave Porsche or stick with them for future seasons. I was often jealous of other manufacturer's torque curves and outright straight line speed at Monza and Tokyo, but dammit those Porsches sound good and may be hard for me to get away from.

I thought we signed before season 1 and have been locked in since? In the beginning, it stated "for 2018" but maybe this season that's about to end is it? Oh well, we'll see here in a few days.

I thought we signed before season 1 and have been locked in since? In the beginning, it stated "for 2018" but maybe this season that's about to end is it? Oh well, we'll see here in a few days.

You are correct at being locked in through the 2018 season, but I think that ends on Saturday. I could easily be mistaken, that happens quite often with me. :dunce:

The funny thing is, I never did an FIA race before Season 1 started, and haphazardly chose Porsche for the heck of it when entering a race. I had no idea I was locked into a contract with them for future seasons, but have made the best of it. I've really gotten used to how the cars drive, and really enjoy them now. I just wish they were geared differently to maximize the torque that they do have.

After some test this afternoon , i will race the Audi R18 e-tron 2016 . Very good car, better top speed than porsche , almost the same grip , very sane to race at a good fast pace. I will check gas and tire wear later tonight after the job but if it stay the same as 2 monthes ago , date of my last GR1 test , it will be ok.

Whoever at PD thought that the Peugeot wouldn't be OP anymore with only a 1% power decrease is terribly wrong. Still, you can beat it (rarely though), but its' capability to do everything well everywhere probably throws the rest of the Gr.1 field into the lost and found section of many players choices.

The Tomahawk excels in fast corners, and can save more fuel than any other car apart from the Toyota, plus its' top speed it . It can't go all the way without pitting, but looking at how bad the TS050 deals with most corners, pushing the whole race pitting in with the SRT and having fresh tyres for 3 laps would do more good in my opinion. It's on average 1-1.5 seconds faster per lap (if you count in tyre wear, the SRT goes around 2.5 -3 seconds per lap faster on new tyres in comparison to the Toyota on old tires), so it can easily make up the time deficit for pitting. :)

Plus considering your a pretty fast driver, getting used to the car shouldn't be too much of the problem. Imagine it as a really fast MR Gr.3 car with 7 gears, and apply the same style of driving, and you don't have to variate your driving too much to adapt to it. ;)

Practicing at Interlagos with the Viper Gr. 3 for the Manufacturer Series.
How the heck have some people hit 1:31? I can't go any lower than 1:33.
This last race will be a tough one...

Did some mock races tonight for the nations. My 4th lap was almost always my fastest when doing a 5 lap race, occasionally the 5th.

Fuel load has a much bigger impact on your time than the tires. For qualifying I would worry less about preserving tires and more about burning off as much fuel as possible in the first 2 laps. The 3rd lap should be the fastest.

The Nations Off-Season Exhibition S1 schedule contains an N300 race around Dragon Trail (Not One Make) and a Gr.B race around Red Bull Ring.

Should be interesting. I stupidly read that about n300 and thought it would be a one make race. Guess not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back