Catching up
8071114640174646800_0.jpg

Threading the needle with better traction
8070551689550136848_0.jpg

Two corners left
8223674075270119960_0.jpg

All this, to move up one spot..... 14th
8214666877625992720_0.jpg

Also, in certain Nations and Manufacturer races, where stated in the race rules, drivers will have to use both compounds of tyre during a race.

The extract from the notice reads:-

The 'Tyre Requirement' rule applied in the World Tour events will also be introduced in the Online Championships. Players must use each of the specified tyre compounds at least once during the race. In the event that this rule is not followed, a time penalty will be added to the player’s post-race result.
I completely missed that one, but I've updated the article to reflect it.

Also if anyone's wondering why this thread is a LOT shorter than it was, I've moved all the posts regarding the 2019 events to the Archive thread to join their 2018 counterparts. That preserves all of the content and information while also keeping this thread intact for those of you who were using the forum's thread-watching function to keep an eye on it - it's something we do with the Daily Race thread too. I've retitled it accordingly.

How does tyre wear work on wet tracks? How quickly do they go off?

Just from my experience with the Ferrari, the tyre wear is fine for most of the race but the last few laps become particularly sketchy. The tyre wear indicator would suggest there is plenty of grip left, but I guess as you're starting with such a low level of grip anyway, any level of drop off is noticeable.

Every race distance test I've done I've spun off in the last 2 laps. That could also be down to concentration but I'll be very aware to be extra careful the last few laps.

I saw Kie test a pit stop and it was slower. New tyres also seemed to take 2 laps to get up to temperature. He commented that it felt like the worn tyres had more grip than the cold fresh ones until they were warmed up.

Additional note, only the rear tyres have noticeable wear. Front tyres barely show any degradation after 15 laps.

I entered a test lobbie for Manu yesterday, and had to Leave by the 12th lap.

Is running in the 47's a good pace for DR A+? I feel really slow and slugish

Just had a practice run at Austria. My best lap was a 1:51.7. Maybe I'll be too far away from everyone else to crash in to anyone.

You'll catch up to the ones that go off. Trust me.

That’s what I’m banking on. I can’t run faster than 1:49’s in race conditions, but this race seems like too much chaotic fun to miss.

Edit: never mind, those manufacturers times don’t work for me at all. First slot Nations is all I’ll be able to do on Wednesdays. And not this week since Gr.3 sucks.

Last edited:
You'll catch up to the ones that go off. Trust me.
I've just had another go - I realised that with slightly lower tyre wear multipliers it might be possible to use Custom Race rather than lobby for practice, provided you change the BOP of your car accordingly and don't mind chasing whatever else is on the track. I got down to a 50.1, with only one other lap in the 51s over a race distance. Everything else was 52 or more. I really can't get any consistency, and I don't know if it's the conditions or me being new to learning manual.

One thing I did notice though was that I'm terrible at accelerating out of corners. The GT-R is quite sluggish at accelerating at the best of times, but I'm getting absolutely ruined here. I looked at the other GT-R and other cars in the replay and I don't see where the problem is. It's hard to be progressive on the throttle with a DS4 but I seem to be doing an especially bad job of it here.

Props to anyone doing manufacturers Rd 1 tonight, I can barely get a lap in. But definitely want to see how chaotic this race ends up being.

This making me nervous for round 2. It's definitely an error, but also a reminder that this game lacks a lot of polish, which to me has been one of the most annoying things about this game.
1290799840.png

Not going to bother with the manufacturers tonight as it may be chaos and my FR Aston Martin is going to struggle against the MR cars, will use it in the Nations cup race to make up for it though.

I've just had another go - I realised that with slightly lower tyre wear multipliers it might be possible to use Custom Race rather than lobby for practice, provided you change the BOP of your car accordingly and don't mind chasing whatever else is on the track. I got down to a 50.1, with only one other lap in the 51s over a race distance. Everything else was 52 or more. I really can't get any consistency, and I don't know if it's the conditions or me being new to learning manual.

One thing I did notice though was that I'm terrible at accelerating out of corners. The GT-R is quite sluggish at accelerating at the best of times, but I'm getting absolutely ruined here. I looked at the other GT-R and other cars in the replay and I don't see where the problem is. It's hard to be progressive on the throttle with a DS4 but I seem to be doing an especially bad job of it here.
In the race, T2 can get you time, but T3 can kill a lap if overrun. As per normal, GT-Rs are pretty fast on those straights. So, I guess you have a bit of ammo to help.

Nations: Got punted and penalized for being a victim, didn't recover from that. Basically, the same as my Manufacturer's debut race.
Manufacturer's: Disconnected during grid walk and spent a hour escaping NAT 3 hell after that. In the rematch, I find inters and RBRing wet doesn't seem to mix, yet I'm required to use it at one point. Since I'm unsure if starting with different compounds count as using both compounds, I decided to pull a Miyazono (start with inters and switch to wets at lap 1), only to realize I'm not him. (Add to my inability of mastering proper wet roads...)

I'm currently undecided on a manufacturer. Do I stay with Ford and continue practicing with the Mustangs or do I sign with Subaru and focus on having fun this season?

I'm leaning toward the latter. If the BoP changes for the official season next year are fair I will most definitely return to Ford.

Do you need to use both compounds in tonight's races? The race details page doesn't say anything about it.

Nations: Got punted and penalized for being a victim, didn't recover from that. Basically, the same as my Manufacturer's debut race.
Manufacturer's: Disconnected during grid walk and spent a hour escaping NAT 3 hell after that. In the rematch, I find inters and RBRing wet doesn't seem to mix, yet I'm required to use it at one point. Since I'm unsure if starting with different compounds count as using both compounds, I decided to pull a Miyazono (start with inters and switch to wets at lap 1), only to realize I'm not him. (Add to my inability of mastering proper wet roads...)

Unfortunately (for you), you didn't need to use Inters for Manufacturers. The "using both compounds" rule isn't in effect for that race. Which is fortunate for the rest of us.

Wanna do the 1900 race but got kicked when matchmaking so no race for me next is more then 2 hours later...... Why is that?!

RBR Wet was awesome.

Did 1:47:9 in practice but could only do 1:48:4 in Qualy. Started 10th. Silly mistake on lap 8 of looking behind before turning and onto the gravel.

Finished 14th.

Concentrating has to be there for full 15 laps or you will bin it.

Balls of Steel from a guy. Overtook me Lap 1 Corner 1. I had my heart in my mouth luckily we didnt hit each other.

I've decided to focus on Manufacturers for this season, to reduce the practice time needed, due to not having to test lots of cars before each race. I went with Honda, and it seemed to be a strong option for RBR wet. I've switched to what was originally my main account, which was at 25k DR, I feel I won a bit too easily and probably should do the next race tonight to try to score more points with the higher DR after this win.

manufacturer18092019_1st_25.7k.jpg

Public service announcement:

USING INTERMEDIATE TYRES IS SUICIDE

Apart from that, it was a good, fun race. Managed to qualify in 14th - the 911s were untouchable, and I was just getting my eye in (I went 0.7s quicker halfway through the race and every other race lap was within 0.2s either side of my Q-time) - and just pull up to 7th by the end of the race, 0.067s behind a 911 in 6th. My secret? Not crashing. I even got a clean race bonus :lol:

good luck to those participating in the Manufacturers tonight.

I'm definitely skipping that one, can barely keep the car on track with the DS4 (Using the GTR) so absolutely no way I'm risking going in there and essentially being nothing more than a bowling bowl taking out pins everywhere.

Nations looks good though.

Good first race at nurb gp with citroen. 5th place , it's a good performance for me because i'm normally very bad on this track. Mercedes was all over the race but i wanted to train with my new car for EU.
RBR was good til lap 6. Then i've lost the braking point for turn 2 looking behind another driver.
It seems that the black tarmac on escape zone have grass or dirt properties. After passing there , the already poor grip fall to zero.
After this i was last and finish the race just to not quit and lose points.
You also need to be carefull with rear tires when out of slow corners. You wear a lot spinning this way.
I'll race it again in 1h30.
I'm surprised also that the mercedes also work well under rain. The others FR are far behind. It seems that PD recieve some millions $ from the german brand.:lol::cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back