FIA Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter adstomko
  • 24,947 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
How do u know it Tokyo express wet ??? It’s still tba ??? Also who to say it’s not spa or even a new track it pd they can Surprises us
Check the notice. On Nations there's a race at Tokyo East Outer Loop (wet) on October 16. All races until early November were already announced.

Hmm, on October 16 there's a race at Tokyo Expressway East (wet), but I don't see any race at Spa. Does it mean that we'll receive the Tokyo wet on September update and that Spa will be saved for the October one? Or am I reading too much into that? I'm not sure we'd receive both tracks together...
I think wet track updates will become more common now, and occur next to new track updates. They got the wet track tech working now, and it probably won't be a lot of work to add it to a new track (still some work, but a lot less than creating an entirely new track), so they might be able to do those simultaneously. (Besides, why show off Spa so long before actually releasing it?)

A6842CC7-753E-47DE-AD24-92B435E66409.jpeg
Went with Audi, for a change.

Gr4 will be a pain, but I’m hoping the R8 will make up for it.

I’ll be based in Brazil for next semester or so, and I’m hoping to get a good run in the CSA Manufacturers in the meantime.

Still cannot see anything other than - - @Racer93 when I click on link below (same for both links):

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/news/00_4923853.html
It's not in the notice but you can go directly to the page for the races. They don't show the wet conditions because they're not in the game yet, but they do show wet tires: https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/sportmode/championship/1972/round/7 https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/sportmode/championship/1977/round/6

Stayed with Honda this season, and again continuing the theme of using liveries from demo builds of PS1-era games:
6062510303604670476_0.jpg

Gr.4: CRX GT1 Test Drive RM
Gr.3: NSX GT1 Test Drive/Trial Ver. RM (unchanged from last season)

Paris qualification was based on last year's world final attendance. Nurburgring this year used Nations Cup stage 1 and Manufacturer Series Exhibition Season 2. Nations Cup qualification rules were published before the start of the season. Manufacturer Series qualification rules were published after the end of the season.

Paris qualification was based on last year's world final attendance. Nurburgring this year used Nations Cup stage 1 and Manufacturer Series Exhibition Season 2. Nations Cup qualification rules were published before the start of the season. Manufacturer Series qualification rules were published after the end of the season.

Isn’t it ironic that the Exhibition series counted for qualification, thus not being an exhibition in itself?

the races are to happen on Tokyo East using intermediate tires (pretty much confirming rainy conditions).
This is an indication of a second rain condition for Tokyo, since they were using wet tires (W) in the World Tour.

News on FIA-Series:

[IMPORTANT]
 ・Race durations and entry start times have been changed. Please check ‘Changes to Race Duration and Entry Start Times’ for more details;
 ・ The 'Tyre Requirement' rule applied in the World Tour events will also be introduced in the Online Championships. Players must use each of the specified tyre compounds at least once during the race. In the event that this rule is not followed, a time penalty will be added to the player’s post-race result.

For Rounds with the 'Tyre Requirement' rule active, it will be possible to check the required tyre compounds from the ‘Race Details’ screen or the ‘Tyre Requirement’ section on the bottom right of the Race Entry screen after matchmaking.
Strangely enough the required tires in these sections are still very strange, such as "Comfort Super Soft".

Also, in certain Nations and Manufacturer races, where stated in the race rules, drivers will have to use both compounds of tyre during a race.

The extract from the notice reads:-

The 'Tyre Requirement' rule applied in the World Tour events will also be introduced in the Online Championships. Players must use each of the specified tyre compounds at least once during the race. In the event that this rule is not followed, a time penalty will be added to the player’s post-race result.

So they're forcing to
Stayed with Honda this season, and again continuing the theme of using liveries from demo builds of PS1-era games:
6062510303604670476_0.jpg

Gr.4: CRX GT1 Test Drive RM
Gr.3: NSX GT1 Test Drive/Trial Ver. RM (unchanged from last season)
I picked Honda too, after being with McLaren for a long time and so far I am impressed! Did a FIA practice race at Nurburgring and it handles beautifully , much nicer than I remember. Some oversteer under trail braking but set it to -1 BB and it's sweet! Even tire wear too.

This is the GT3 I'm describing , I don't race gr4.

6Jcj3nq.jpg

Seems exciting and I'm just waiting for the Matching to start. MAy cruise around for this one.

edit: AMG Cup
EEuoIxnXkAALdDv

Edit: I did RM/RH/RH. Started 17th(with one lap qualy) and finished 15th. CRuised around, did my pit stops and found other players were coming back to me. I was fighting for 10th and I get punted at the final chicane, on the last lap. I had fresher tyres than everyone toward the end. MAde up time and places.

Last edited:
I love this change. FIA before just didn't look fun enough to me to want to play for the sake of playing it, whereas now it does, and whilst I don't think I'll be contesting the full season, I definitely want to try it out again on a round by round basis.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn.. i'd really love to stay with Ford as i have since beginning and try to make that Mustang fly, but with 15k km in that gr3 'tang im still a second faster after 5 laps of Nurb GP in the Merc. :guilty: Gutted..:indiff:

Now i really have no idea where to go with the Manu series..

We really need some love for those mustangs from PD to make them work on slower tracks.

Looking forward to Nations tonight, Had a practice last night. Found sitting behind 1st place short shifting occasionally made the fuel last (AMG GT3 16). Stopped at the end of 8 (1st stopped on lap 7) and rejoined just behind 1st and sat there until i thought the fuel wouldnt run out.. looks like its going to be a 1 stopper for me... unless everyone does a 2 stopper.
Wont get the first race in due to family commitments (whats that all about) so it will be race 2 and maybe race3...
Hope its as clean as last season!

Manufacturer series races are coming and going in my calendar.. are they messing with the events or is my game messed up? :odd:

Want to have a go at these Nations and Manufacturers cups, love the setup of them, then only notice they've started today! Chosen Aston Martin, might have a go at RBR later if circumstances allow but having had a few qualy laps I envisage at least 20 spins! Maybe less when I turn the engine down for the actual race (really wish I could do that in practice).

Anything other than last is a bonus! Then start proper on Saturday... (nah, busy...), Wednesday... (nah, out)... Saturday... (nah, busy)... Wednesday (nah, on holiday!)... BLOODY HELL!!!:lol::banghead:

I'll do them when I can!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back