FIA Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter adstomko
  • 24,947 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
K32
What made you choose the Jaguar (pros and cons)?

To be honest due to my 6 week internship which started on the 6th August i have barely time to practise myself for the fia races now. And with the 5th for both cups i only wanted to have fun and after watching akagi san's stream i wanted to use the jaguar as well because it looked fun ^^
And with a total practise of 2h and 30min and buying the jaguar 30min before the race i haven't expected this outcome xD

After watching videos and reading comments regarding peoples races at Tokyo, I don’t want to begin to imagine what this race will be like....

(I’m personally looking forward to it.)

:scared:

(Not sure if the picture uploaded.... to avoid confusion, I’m talking about August 29th F1 Race at Suzuka.)

Last edited:
According to the top ten list and my friends list, the Ford seems to be the car for Nations.

But I really don't like this car and don't want to use it. Unfortunately I havent much experience with the GR.3 cars regarding tire wear and fuel.

Top speed isn't much important for me, because I guess it will mostly be driving in slipstreams anyway.

Any help for alternatives appreciated!

Add fuel and tyres and in my barely informed opinion the Ford is 🤬 around Bathurst.

Depends on how you want to go: flat out over 8 laps with a pit stop, or take it a little easier and no-pit?

I know which one I'm leaning towards.

Depends on how you want to go: flat out over 8 laps with a pit stop, or take it a little easier and no-pit?

I know which one I'm leaning towards.

Oh, as I am more the clumsy type driver and not mister throttle super control, I don't handle worn tires well, so I belong always to the stopers if there is room for that strat choice

Here's my point of view of the last FIA Nation's Cup race where i used the jaguar ^^ enjoy :D

So this is how the Jaguar powered by cookies looks like. :D

My opinion on it hasn't changed one bit, though. It can get good speed, yes, but it makes you work far too hard for it. Fun challenge if you have godlike pace with perfect brake and throttle inputs but I'm only mortal, you know! :lol:

Definitely not a fan of how the limits for the banked turn at Maggiore are quite a bit more strict for tomorrow’s race than they were on Wednesday

Definitely not a fan of how the limits for the banked turn at Maggiore are quite a bit more strict for tomorrow’s race than they were on Wednesday
This could work in my favor :3
I didn't cut the chicane for the entirety of the race last Wednesday since I haven'thad enough time to completely comprehend where the actual track limits are. At least I won't have to adjust my line again

I've seen the misconception so many times now, so just to re-iterate

Your position in the Points Standings is completely irrelevant to getting into the Round 6 Top 24 race, this Top 24 race in particular is using Driver Rating as the primary matching parameter, not Championship Points. The 24 Drivers that are selected for the race will be the 24 highest Driver Rated players that sign up to the Top 24 timeslot, whilst also conforming to the 2 Manufacturer limit or the Country limit in your region. Championship Points carry absolutely zero weight in this particular Top 24's selection process.

How do you tell if you are one of the Top 24 Rated drivers? You can't, but if you think you might be eligible, I fully encourage you to sign up the timeslot anyway, You have absolutely nothing to lose by signing up irrespective. The game will politely kick you back to the Sport Mode menu and tell you that you didn't make it if you didn't get in, and will allow you to enter a following timeslot.
I don't understand why anyone would think it's a good idea to determine the top 24 based on DR.

I understand that PD wants to smooth out the consequences of the unexpected **** that happens in the course of 4 races (disconnects, being a victim of a divebomb, etc.) and therefore not use championship points as a determinant, but I don't think it's right to let someone with 0 points enter the top 24 races.

Haven’t had time to practice lately. What car (not using the Ford GT) would everyone suggest for Bathurst?

If you can get used to a little uneasy rear under acceleration out of some of the sharper corners, and doing some short-shifting (a bit more than half-way along the RPM bar), you can use the newer Emil Frey Lexus RC F and do a no stop easily. Jaguar and Mitsubishi are also an option, but you'll need to short shift somewhat earlier than the Lexus (meaning that it can push a bit more). ;)

Imo Ford looks a bit too skittis

Tested the Ford GT LM, and it has a potential to do 8 laps, but due to silly mistakes (Bathurst is one of my weaker tracks), I can only do 7 laps, with a total race time of 15:01.3. Tyres are good, but beware of it understeering once the fronts are worn, and fuel is really good if you short shift and use Map 3 on the mountain section.

The GTI VGT is up next, and it can challenge the Ford GT, but its fuel can only last up to 7 laps with short shifting and Map 3 through the mountain section. It's known for being understeery, despite being an MR car, and this is amplified when the front tyres get worn. Total race time is 15:01.6 at the end of Lap 7 (I ended up using Map 6 to make it happen, otherwise it's toast when the leader starts the 8th lap without stopping). Because of that, it's only viable for Top 24 Superstars, which is 25 minutes, so you can pit for tyres and fuel and still have a chance.

@Alpha Cipher asked if the WRX is any good, so I tested it and it can only do 7 laps without stopping. I ended up accidentally went into the 8th lap without stopping for fuel, so the 8th lap is used as a victory lap against the AI. Total race time is a crippling 17:40 at the end of the 8th lap. The tyre situation is good though, and it's really stable too. But I only recommend this if you are eligible for Top 24 Superstars, if you want to seek a challenge with its 170 MPH top speed compared to the 173 of the GTI VGT and the 177 MPH of the Ford GT LM.

This was the only place I got penalties on Wednesday...:( Why are we not allowed to use it? People divebomb anyway, and narrowing that section sees more people barged off the outside.

For Bathurst i'm going for something stable around the mountain as a C rated DS4 user, GTR probably.

This was the only place I got penalties on Wednesday...:( Why are we not allowed to use it? People divebomb anyway, and narrowing that section sees more people barged off the outside.

For Bathurst i'm going for something stable around the mountain as a C rated DS4 user, GTR probably.

Yes it’s silly, since that’s one of the best passing locations on the track, and without being able to use the curb it’s really only 1.5 cars wide. I usually always pass people on the outside there but like you said people will have no choice but to take it wide now.

In the race in Wednesday I could put half of my car over the curb with no penalty, but in practice for this race I get 1 second if I put any of my car onto the grey concrete past the curb.

That’s a place I find very hard to avoid penalties, along with the yellow stuff in the second turn. It’s not that hard to avoid cutting the track elsewhere

K32
If you can get used to a little uneasy rear under acceleration out of some of the sharper corners, and doing some short-shifting (a bit more than half-way along the RPM bar), you can use the newer Emil Frey Lexus RC F and do a no stop easily. Jaguar and Mitsubishi are also an option, but you'll need to short shift somewhat earlier than the Lexus (meaning that it can push a bit more). ;)

Imo Ford looks a bit too skittis
Will admit, I adored the RCF GR.3 2016, haven’t tried the 2017 too much but it can’t be that much different, heck I see that used more than the 2016 one in races so it must be better overall.

Have tried the F-Type, good car but it feels dull to me.

Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t the Evo one of the slower GR.3 cars?

Will admit, I adored the RCF GR.3 2016, haven’t tried the 2017 too much but it can’t be that much different, heck I see that used more than the 2016 one in races so it must be better overall.

Have tried the F-Type, good car but it feels dull to me.

Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t the Evo one of the slower GR.3 cars?

Slow in a straight line yes. It’s similar to the WRX.

I’m fairly certain I’m using the Lexus. I tried the AMG as well and it has good speed and is as easy to drive and predictable as ever but it’s too understeery through the top of the track

There seems to me that there at least half a dozen cars that can no stop easily in the 15min race and they're all pretty close.

Did the first nations race again.

Got rear ended at the last corner on my last quali lap, was purple... and ended up 14th. Was not too pleased about that. I think it was just a mistake but I did overtake them on the conrod.

The race went better, finished 4th. Probably had a good chance of winning this one if not for quali.

Its easier when the cream are waiting until later to try and enter the superstars event...

Manufacturer Series race is a bit dull, due to Qualifying putting my 2:07.442 time getting me an 11th starting position, and I attempted an undercut. In the end though, I finished where I was started.

That Manufacturer's Cup penalties are silly. Everyone but the pole sitter, got penalties. I was barely on the curbs and got penalties. Following a fuel conserving STI and GT-R, I got a penalty while slipstreaming.
Fine, I finished 5th from starting 8th, but oh, what could have been, if I didn't have those penalties. Especially, if I didn't get baulked in Qualy and punted between T1&2 after the start of the race.

The beetle is the most regular i've found shifting 1/3 to half RPM bar and sparing tires but still at a good regular racing pace.
EDIT: Starting from the pit , 8 laps non stop

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20180825102400.jpg

For Nations though, I qualified 9th, finished 7th using the Ford GT LM without stopping.

An Aussie in another Ford GT LM pitted for tyres, and he finished 5th!

One moment that I want to share is that, if you block someone, you have a higher chance to get punted off, as demonstrated by my blocking attempts ending up costing me by getting punted by a Japanese in a Viper. He left the lobby after the race without sorry...

Before that, I watched the Nations T24SS Asia/Oceania region stream by @Sidawg2 and I noticed three oddballs in that race, which are LMP_TLallave, mfrayyan and far_kew_racing, the latter of which I ended up seeing in the 2nd timeslot of the Manufacturer Series. One noted absence is saika159-, who is supposed to represent Hong Kong, but Lallave from the Philippines ended up representing HK instead.

For Nations though, I qualified 9th, finished 7th using the Ford GT LM without stopping.

An Aussie in another Ford GT LM pitted for tyres, and he finished 5th!

One moment that I want to share is that, if you block someone, you have a higher chance to get punted off, as demonstrated by my blocking attempts ending up costing me by getting punted by a Japanese in a Viper. He left the lobby after the race without sorry...

Before that, I watched the Nations T24SS Asia/Oceania region stream by @Sidawg2 and I noticed three oddballs in that race, which are LMP_TLallave, mfrayyan and far_kew_racing, the latter of which I ended up seeing in the 2nd timeslot of the Manufacturer Series. One noted absence is saika159-, who is supposed to represent Hong Kong, but Lallave from the Philippines ended up representing HK instead.
Yeah that was me, I wasn't confident in my practice runs that I could do alright no stopping, I couldn't use the tyres towards the end, I went with a bit of fuel burn but once I realised the lead pack was fuel saving and no stopping I knew I was stuffed, plus I forgot that I would come out in traffic, luckily I was able to navigate through and passed pretty cleanly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back