FIA Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter adstomko
  • 24,947 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was having server issues all night and couldnt log in from NJ. Dont know what the issue was w the server, other onling games had no ossue that I could see. Did anyone else experience difficulties starting gt sport?

Yesterday's race was looking good for me but unfortunately it didnt end as I wanted. Nations I got immense dirty air on my hotlap because I caught a car mid lap even tho I left like 5s of gap for safety, that made me start in 3rd, and with these Gr2 cars it's impossible to follow really because of the dirty air. Every time I caught the leader I would lose time. Tried an agressive strategy, thought it was worth the try.

For manufacturers only managed to make my first hotlap count, still good enough for pole. On the race I was getting hit almost every lap from behind and wasn't able to open a gap because of that and the massive slipstream on this track. Decided to change my strategy midrace which helped me to get away from almost everyone, end race was intense.

I was having server issues all night and couldnt log in from NJ. Dont know what the issue was w the server, other onling games had no ossue that I could see. Did anyone else experience difficulties starting gt sport?

I done the first slots for both races and had no issues and didn’t see any disconnects. C/S lobbies.

I think the points change is a step in the right direction.

Next up, get rid of fuel burning in quali. I don't think I can go near FIA races again until they sort this out.

I don't understand who that's unfair to. If a car is released mid season nobody gets to choose it, and therefore nobody gets an advantage.

But again, you're complaining about an exhibition season. And at the end of the day, you're waiting around for a car that you hope is better than all of the other Gr.4 cars. Seems like argument to talk about fairness.

Yeah as far as we know that's the only way to get it, and it should be the actual GR.4 car.
I'm not complaining at all. I'm waiting for the car simply because I like it and was anticipating the real life GT4 car when the A90 was announced.

I don't care about any META cars. You're assuming too much about what I'm expecting. I enjoying racing to watch my replays.
Usually, when PD debut a car, it winds up being the fastest or best performing car before the next BoP adjustment. That's the unfair advantage, against cars that are in a current series.

My whole arguement was about PD waiting to release the car(for whatever reason), a month after the Season started. Whether anyone else cares to use the new Supra or not.

They should just turn fuel usage off for qualifying.
I think they actually intend it to be another dimension of differentiating between cars. A car might be at a disadvantage in the race because it burns more fuel, but it becomes an advantage for qualifying.

Next up, get rid of fuel burning in quali. I don't think I can go near FIA races again until they sort this out.
I'm curious. Why is that a problem? I see it as a tactical challenge, to lighten the car for a faster time. The only reason I'd have for abandoning it would be if you could simply set your fuel limit before qually, as would be the case in real life, e.g. Formula 1. That would certainly make more sense.

I'm curious. Why is that a problem? I see it as a tactical challenge, to lighten the car for a faster time. The only reason I'd have for abandoning it would be if you could simply set your fuel limit before qually, as would be the case in real life, e.g. Formula 1. That would certainly make more sense.

Its don't see how its a tactical challenge. If you don't care where you start do a normal quali, so not really tactical. If you slightly care then you burn fuel for 7 or 8 mins, question your sanity/why you play the game, then do a lap because otherwise you will find yourself starting way down where you should be having to fight past slower players most of the race race.

I agree, each player setting their fuel level during quali would be best or just don't have fuel in quali at all.

I'm not complaining at all. I'm waiting for the car simply because I like it and was anticipating the real life GT4 car when the A90 was announced.

I don't care about any META cars. You're assuming too much about what I'm expecting. I enjoying racing to watch my replays.
Usually, when PD debut a car, it winds up being the fastest or best performing car before the next BoP adjustment. That's the unfair advantage, against cars that are in a current series.

My whole arguement was about PD waiting to release the car(for whatever reason), a month after the Season started. Whether anyone else cares to use the new Supra or not.
Going by current trends, the December update will probably come December 26th. Just basing that on the current release trends.

If true, that will leave one race remaining on the schedule. And it might not even be a Gr.4 race. Pretty far from the middle of the season.

If they can't release a car during an Exhibition season, when can they? We've never gone more than 2 weeks without some sort of FIA season happening. So any car that gets released will be "in the middle" of a season.

And the pre-season for FIA started May this year. Plenty of time to get practicing in before races actually matter.

Going by current trends, the December update will probably come December 26th. Just basing that on the current release trends.

If true, that will leave one race remaining on the schedule. And it might not even be a Gr.4 race. Pretty far from the middle of the season.

If they can't release a car during an Exhibition season, when can they? We've never gone more than 2 weeks without some sort of FIA season happening. So any car that gets released will be "in the middle" of a season.

And the pre-season for FIA started May this year. Plenty of time to get practicing in before races actually matter.
The Supra arrives December 16. The last Manu FIA Gr.4 race, is at Tsukuba on December 21. https://www.gran-turismo.com/au/gtsport/sportmode/championship/2019/schedule

Regardless of testing.
Again, anyone who hasn't selected Toyota(me included) til then, will most likely, be able to use it at this race.

Its don't see how its a tactical challenge...

It's just very annoying when you have somebody at the apex of a turn burning fuel in 1st gear...

Ah, now I understand! You're definition of fuel burning was different from mine. To me, it meant driving round at a normal pace to use up fuel, coming in for fresh tyres (but no more fuel) and therefore returning to the track with increased grip but lower weight. I only race with AT, so driving round in first gear didn't occur to me and I would agree that is unfair on others trying to do a fast lap.

Allowing manual pre-selection of fuel level would negate the need for 1st gear fuel burning.

The Supra arrives December 16. The last Manu FIA Gr.4 race, is at Tsukuba on December 21. https://www.gran-turismo.com/au/gtsport/sportmode/championship/2019/schedule

Regardless of testing.
Again, anyone who hasn't selected Toyota(me included) til then, will most likely, be able to use it at this race.
Ok, one race.

Beyond that I don't really understand what you're saying. Yes, if you haven't picked a manufacturer yet, you most likely will be able to pick the Supra for round 8. What I've been trying to understand is who is that unfair to, especially given that this is an Exhibition season, but I give up.

I'm personally a little disappointed with this system although we've no idea what else is happening in the scenes or whether it's even working correctly at the moment as it's a new introduction so we can wait and see. However if it remains as e.g. T16 being 120% then only the OP cars will do T16, others will tank (I would also tank next year if this was the system used because after this year when you're worrying about 2 other splits and whether they out score you because you're in top split and you may have a better race or w/e but get beaten by lightning then it's hard). The fact now we're talking 7/8/9 splits equalling a top split is kinda crazy to me. I was in split 2 last night, not through tanking I just enjoyed some sport mode the other week and it dropped a little and the points equalled P3 in top split and in no way should it have done.

Anyway if anyone wants to see what my version of the system would be I've attached it (I made this in June/July). Essentially change anything in Yellow to what you want and vary it accordingly. The DRs shown are just examples with the logic being the lower the DR you have the closer splits around you are in terms of average DR so the overlap should be close.

Anyway just my opinion, lets see what happens in the coming months as it is an exhibition season after all :)! I can't wait for Monaco mind, should be good fun!

Attachments

• Tidgney Solution.xls
    121.5 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
The fact now we're talking 7/8/9 splits equalling a top split is kinda crazy to me.
Just to be clear, though, that happens to a lesser extent with the new system than it did before. So if the winner of 9th split now is beating x people in top split for points, then with the previous system it might been 11th split where the winner was beating those same x people.

I don't know if it's the new points system, or whether a lot more people did the first race compared to last season, but in manufacturers it's looking a LOT harder to be competitive in the tables at my current 38k DR than it was last season. Some of it surely is down to the new points system, as every race in every split above my level is now seeing more people scoring above the winner's points at my level.

Last edited:
Ok, one race.

Beyond that I don't really understand what you're saying. Yes, if you haven't picked a manufacturer yet, you most likely will be able to pick the Supra for round 8. What I've been trying to understand is who is that unfair to, especially given that this is an Exhibition season, but I give up.
Yes. Give up.

I'm personally a little disappointed with this system although we've no idea what else is happening in the scenes or whether it's even working correctly at the moment as it's a new introduction so we can wait and see. However if it reminds as e.g. T16 being 120% then only the OP cars will do T16, others will tank (I would also tank next year if this was the system used because after this year when you're worrying about 2 other splits and whether they out score you because you're in top split and you may have a better race or w/e but get beaten by lightning then it's hard). The fact now we're talking 7/8/9 splits equalling a top split is kinda crazy to me. I was in split 2 last night, not through tanking I just enjoyed some sport mode the other week and it dropped a little and the points equalled P3 in top split and in no way should it have done.

Anyway if anyone wants to see what my version of the system would be I've attached it (I made this in June/July). Essentially change anything in Yellow to what you want and vary it accordingly. The DRs shown are just examples with the logic being the lower the DR you have the closer splits around you are in terms of average DR so the overlap should be close.

Anyway just my opinion, lets see what happens in the coming months as it is an exhibition season after all :)! I can't wait for Monaco mind, should be good fun!

I'm missing you on youtube :(

Just finished a practice race for Manu on Saturday. We're back to combos that just manage to be completely unmanageable with a DS4. The GT-R might as well be on casters here.

I'm guessing this is another no stopper then?

The Manu on Saturday at Nurburgring GP is either a 1 or 2 stop tbh, depending on how your tyres wear.

In a test in the Lambo I was struggling by lap 6, so I might actually 2 stop just to keep the car on the black stuff. I would imagine most people will 1 stop as you will have to do a little bit of fuel saving as well in most cars.

That points system you created looks so much better. Proper points awarded even for lower places in higher splits but still good separation between splits. I'm assuming this was the spreadsheet you sent to Kaz & PD yet they come up with this crazy new points system. Good luck in Monaco bud, go get that podium :cheers:

I'm guessing this is another no stopper then?
I'd imagine it'll be an easy one stop for most cars, with a two stop necessary if you drive something like the GT-R or the Huracan.

The Manu on Saturday at Nurburgring GP is either a 1 or 2 stop tbh, depending on how your tyres wear.

In a test in the Lambo I was struggling by lap 6, so I might actually 2 stop just to keep the car on the black stuff. I would imagine most people will 1 stop as you will have to do a little bit of fuel saving as well in most cars.
Unless the lobby I was in last night had the wrong settings it won't be a fuel saving race. The GT-R is bad for fuel and I had at least 2 extra laps' worth left at the end.

We should bombard PD with Tidge's point system. Like seriously it's not that complicated. If you want to qualify for a live event get your DR as close to the limit as possible. I imagine that's what people do now anyways(aside from tankers) and since very few people are close to 75K it obviously is not easy to do. The point system as it is now works for the most part as far as getting people to live events, but aside from that it serves no purpose. Driver are not ranked properly at all. In NA I am aware of a few drivers that are always in top split but always finish near the bottom and in the overall standings wind up at like P500 when in fact they are probably the 20th best driver in the region.

The is no reason someone like myself who is 35K DR should be outscoring anyone in the top split, top several splits actually. Especially when you consider anytime I've watched a stream of top split, my qualifying time is usually several 10ths(when I nail it) even seconds slower(when I bottle it) than P20. The best I've ever seen my qualifying time rank in a top split lobby was I think P17. There is no reason I should be getting points equal to P10 for winning my lobby.

Now, we'll never get rid of tanking. There will always be people who will tank as soon as it gets challenging because some people would rather win than challenge themselves to do better, that's just a fact of life. But at least Tidge's system will properly rank people in the standings. It rewards people with higher DR, thus encouraging drivers to raise their DR, which may help get more people doing Daily races.

I've been saying this for like 2 years and nobody believed me. From the time I saw the dashes I knew that Alsace, Colorado, Dragon Trail and Sardegna had the possibility of having much different layouts. I am still disappointed Polyphony has not completed filling the gaps.

Here are some ideas:
· Colorado Springs - Hillside = A loop going up and down some hillside using partially realistic-looking US roads.
· Alsace - Winery = An asphalt+dirt loop going around some fields right next to the grapes.
· Dragon Trail - Cliffside = A two-level level loop right next to the coast. On the lower level, drivers race through some small Croatian town. On the higher level, they find themselves on top behind the houses on a much wider road (3-4 lanes).
Have you considered the possibility of Red Rock Valley being in Colorado Springs?

Have you considered the possibility of Red Rock Valley being in Colorado Springs?
I'm sure it's supposed to be either in Colorado or Utah but it's the complete opposite of the kind of track Polyphony is trying to add to GTSport. Meanwhile, some "mountain-road-but-it's-a-track" experiment could work as they've experimented with it several times and would make for nice-looking shots in official events.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back