FIA Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter adstomko
  • 24,947 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
At first I thought the Corvette was going to be pretty bad. It’s ok in TT but as soon as there is fuel in the car it turns into a boat. At least for me at the moment until I learn it better.

In the race I was able to do two stints on mediums. BB 2 to the rear kept the tyre wear pretty even. Was a struggle on the last laps of each stint.

Didnt put any fuel in at the pit which was a mistake. So I had to fuel save pretty hard at the end. In retrospect I could have fuel saved more on the first stint and pushed harder on the second. If I did this I reckon I maybe could have got one or two places higher.

Took 8th place and 192 points in the end. So happy with that for a new manufacturer. Looking forward to the next one.

Are we back to doing mixed tyres again?
View attachment 900806

I'm pretty sure, although not 100%, that you could always use mixed tyres in races with no tyre requirement.

It only blocks you from doing it when there is an active tyre requirement....I think.

Folk in Oceania should be able to check this now I think as manu should have updated to round 2 and it has a tyre req.

Last edited:
I need advice from you guys. I cannot choose a brand for the new season. I did 4 rounds with Hyundai in pre-season. I managed to get wins but my dr level is "b". So it was not so impossible. But I found racing with Hyundai is a little bit boring. Also in a circuit like Tokyo Expressway(name could be wrong. Sorry if it is), it was so vulnerable on the straights.

I have Bmw on my mind. It looks cool in both gr4 and gr3. Also I love the way it sounds when you're downshifting with gr3 car.

The other one is Toyota. I have never driven those but somehow they make me feel like they are very fast.

I'm pertty new to the gts so I am not familiar with the cars characteristics. I'm not looking to qualify for world tour events. I don't have time or desire for that. So it doesn't matter if too much people choose it or not. But I want to have fun and race a little bit more competitive, if the penalty system lets me which hasn't happened yet :)

I need advice from you guys. I cannot choose a brand for the new season. I did 4 rounds with Hyundai in pre-season. I managed to get wins but my dr level is "b". So it was not so impossible. But I found racing with Hyundai is a little bit boring. Also in a circuit like Tokyo Expressway(name could be wrong. Sorry if it is), it was so vulnerable on the straights.

I have Bmw on my mind. It looks cool in both gr4 and gr3. Also I love the way it sounds when you're downshifting with gr3 car.

The other one is Toyota. I have never driven those but somehow they make me feel like they are very fast.

I'm pertty new to the gts so I am not familiar with the cars characteristics. I'm not looking to qualify for world tour events. I don't have time or desire for that. So it doesn't matter if too much people choose it or not. But I want to have fun and race a little bit more competitive, if the penalty system lets me which hasn't happened yet :)
The best is to choose a car you like and have fun in it. The rest will follow.
I did the pre-season in Ford Mustang GT 3 and 4 and had a blast. I have been in C until the end of the pre-season when I moved up to B. Jag is another good option, as Mercedes and indeed BMW.
Run what you like is the best way to grow.

Keep getting :censored:ing disconnected! Happened 4 races in a row with both the Nations Cup and Manufacturers series!!! If it happens again over the weekend I won't bother with this 🤬!

I do not remember this happening this much during my time playing this game!!! :banghead:

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW THIS IS HAPPENING?!?!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty sure, although not 100%, that you could always use mixed tyres in races with no tyre requirement.

It only blocks you from doing it when there is an active tyre requirement....I think.

Folk in Oceania should be able to check this now I think as manu should have updated to round 2 and it has a tyre req.
Not yet. It's 10:45 pm. One more race at 23:20.

Keep getting :censored:ing disconnected! Happened 4 races in a row with both the Nations Cup and Manufacturers series!!! If it happens again over the weekend I won't bother with this 🤬!

I do not remember this happening this much during my time playing this game!!! :banghead:

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW THIS IS HAPPENING?!?!
If you haven't done so, you may need to either log out of your account and/or restart your PS4 completely. Not just put it to rest.

I meant racing online, I still like racing the GT League mode and doing time trials.
Yes. I have and members here have been disconnected multiple times while waiting to join a race and while racing. More often than not, the disconnect happens during the waiting for players to load screen.
It has been suggested to restart your PS4 before attempting to join a race. Even if you have been playing GT League all day. Restarting your PS4 usually clears it up.

I mentioned logging out of your account as I have multiple accounts and would just switch to each without restarting my PS4. I would get disconnected before a Sport Mode race as well.

Yes. I have and members here have been disconnected multiple times while waiting to join a race and while racing. More often than not, the disconnect happens during the waiting for players to load screen.
It has been suggested to restart your PS4 before attempting to join a race. Even if you have been playing GT League all day. Restarting your PS4 usually clears it up.

I mentioned logging out of your account as I have multiple accounts and would just switch to each without restarting my PS4. I would get disconnected before a Sport Mode race as well.
Yeah. Might even try an earlier race time too, see if that makes any difference.

Wow you qualified behind me and we battled a bit before you just left me behind. :lol::gtpflag:(I was equus_ferrum).

Yeah we had quite a few good laps but then I guess something happened to you and we separated. I was scared ****less with keeping this kart on track that I didn't force passes. I just took them as they came (from others making mistakes)

Nations Mario Kart Cup
Yeah that was interesting. 3 minutes of qualifying is about as hectic as you'd expect. It's basically a quick race before the actual race. I only got 1 "clean" lap in that wasn't particularly quick due to being held up and still managed to start 11th. Mainly because a few people weren't able to get a clean lap in at all.
As for the race, well the good news is the tyre wear is a complete non-issue. Makes you wonder why they set tyre wear at all. My race can be summed up in the below picture. The Italian had just served a penalty and I tried to go around them as they un-ghosted. We touched. I flew over the sausage curb. The resulting contact gave me a 10 second penalty and the Italian a first class express ticket face first into the wall. Surprised he survived to be honest but gladly he's still with us. I finished 16th.

Maybe the penalty was for the livery.

@SmokeyMR2 was in this race and wasn't able to get a quali lap in AND was given a penalty for being overtaken. The nutter might be racing again. I don't think I can do it to myself.

View attachment 900629

That was a crazy first slot :lol: I don't blame you for not going again, I risked it and got some good karma back with 8 disconnecting and most of the field intent on killing each other all I did was keep it clean, avoid all trouble and picked up a 4th for 238 points. I then of course ran away very fast :lol:

Good racing with you as always bud, hopefully many more to come but not as mental as that one :cheers:

What a waste of time that was. This penalty system is just ruining the game. Was hard enough in the Viper on this track but to be given stupid penalties doesn't help. 2 second penalty for apparently touching the car in front going round a corner. Didn't even realise i had. No noise or change in any speed or direction from either of us. The next lap, 5 second penalty which i still don't know what for, it didn't even say. Just driving long next to another car and it flashed up! Finished second to last.

I was very surprised last night, I did the Nations cup in the first time slot. I’m really bad with karting but I figured after work I’ll practice a lot and just see how it goes.
Believe it or not I placed third on pole, and then won second place!
I noticed there was a huge gap Between myself and the rest of the positions. Very rewarding!

DR B, SR S

78EBEF8A-AA16-415F-ADA7-518A54AF0563.jpeg

Signed with Hyundai last night. I’m ready to go at Lago tonight, although I’m worried my race pace will be too slow with my newly acquired A rating. I’m running consistent 58s on mediums in lobbies with fuel and tire wear on. I saw some folks running 56s in a practice lobby. I’m hoping they are high A/A+ hahaha.

Last edited:
Proud to announce (as if anyone cares) (as if I've driven anything other else since 2018) that I'll be driving for Nissan again this year, with some new liveries:

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20200318140305.jpg
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20200318140453.jpg

Be really good if this team could afford a photographer than knows what they're doing. Or a scene for a season launch that isn't a track which the driver and the red car both hate.

Both cars have alternate liveries with sparkly paint chip base colours which will be used during night races. I'm proud to maintain my sponsorship agreements with all of last year's main partners (Canon, Sennheiser, Lucozade and Victoria's Secret) and have added Logitech to the stable, since you need to show off to people what wheel you're using online. Our automotive partners are retained from last year too, with Motul providing the oil, Bridgestone providing the tyres, Nismo providing the tuning and AlpineStars providing the outfits. I think the Gr.4 has Advan wheels and the Gr.3 BBS.

In addition to last year's charitable efforts for gay pride month with the Gr.3 car running a classic Nissan racing livery in the trans flag colour scheme, I'm grateful to @Cytoria for the Make Tiny Changes decals which you can almost see below the side windows and on the front of the driver's overalls.

There, that sounds like a car launch. I've also just noticed that I've completely ruined the decals on the Gr.4 car, but I have a race to practice for today so I'm not taking any more pictures.

My aims for both championships this season:

Score at least 100 points for every race that counts.
Win a race in both championships.
Get my DR back to where it was (41.6k at peak) before I switched to a wheel.

Good luck everyone.

I came straight on here after my nations race because I'm still shaking with disbelief. Got upgraded to S but then I was chucked right with the aliens like Turismo-lester and Cardier----something lol. Had basically a whole 5 minutes of practice and I thought about skipping tonight because I was slow. Qualified 13th I said eh let's see what happens. As people kept getting penalties and crashing I eventually found my self in 3rd and fighting for the lead :odd:. If you would have told me that before the race I would have slapped you and said you have the coronavirus that went straight to your dome. On the last lap I got hit from behind and fell to 5th but someone didn't have a great exit across the line and I beat him by milliseconds to come home 4th and 233 points..................

RUN AWAY BEFORE PEOPLE REALIZE IM A FRAUD!
Yeah we had quite a few good laps but then I guess something happened to you and we separated. I was scared ****less with keeping this kart on track that I didn't force passes. I just took them as they came (from others making mistakes)
I had a few laps where I screwed up turn 1. Since the karts hate turning while braking, I ran a little too deep and ruined my exit and ended up just outside the slipstream to your group. Somehow, in spite of being in the middle of the field in a kart race, I ended up running half the race by myself! :lol:

I had to run karts since they’re a strength for me.
Had some good results and shared the vids in game.
Surprised to see people seemed to want to battle instead of get away from the field in a couple...
Sometimes yielding corner rights a time or two early lets people separate from traffic and imo that’s when the best racing happened.

After watching some videos from our "yourapeein" :lol: counterparts and getting inspired, I decided to enter my first ever Nations race. It was an absolute blast. Who knew Mario Kart could be so much fun. I have to give thanks to Cool_Ninja_5 for a great race. We managed to get way from the pack and raced tight and clean for the majority of the race. This is what racing is about.

My sr droppedfrom 99 to 65 in one race... What is wrong with all this people? Quali ruined by some stupid itialian in ugly painted porsche, race was even worse.. 54pts... I would like to take another shot but with sr A it seems Ill be with even more stupid people... Yamauchi if you reading this, do something witht penaltys!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My sr droppedfrom 99 to 65 in one race... What is wrong with all this people? Quali ruined by some stupid itialian in ugly painted porsche, race was even worse.. 54pts... I would like to take another shot but with sr A it seems Ill be with even more stupid people... Yamauchi if you reading this, do something witht penaltys!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It sounds like you where in my race. Italian bloke (or girl, I don't know) dive-bomb me in the big banks and then he runs wide in the double right hander, comes back on track and punts me off.
He qualify as p3, I ens up p14.
Then another Italian does the same on L1 of the race, punts me off from p9 and back to last.
Finished p14 after yet another Italian rear ends me in t1 and lands at p17.
The race was mostly chasing for me... And I wasn't happy for sure.

I haven't run a single daily this week due to idiots. Looks like even FIA is busy.
I just wish I could report them straight to FIA, so they can see what there name is abused for.
In fact, I will put up the video and send the link to FIA....

CFAB87F0-7D3F-4EC3-990C-94FC923792A1.jpeg

Brilliant race and if the finish line was 5 yards further up the track I would have got him! :lol:
Myself and leader pulled out a massive gap by lap 5. We both pitted and came out in front still. Both pitted again lap 9 and had pulled 15 seconds clear at that point. I had the lead with 3 laps to go but nudged on the inside of my door and got an unfair 1 second penalty. Would have probably held on for the win if that didn’t happen. Got better run out of last corner but run out of road.

9C0D0DC4-5A0F-4F83-AA2F-3F86376292D8.jpeg

Right, off to paint my car pink!! :lol:

Another try, and suprisingly went almost ok... Q 2nd, irish guy on pole, I passed him on 3 or 4 lap? Than started to build a gap, pit on 6 lap, he did the same, two other guys stayed on track, italian(of course) and french(spanish). He was in supra and probably was saving fuel cause he left pit in front of me. We catch the "leaders" quick, he passed them without problems, ok my turn... Its last corner of the track, I take the inside cause got much more speed after chikane, passed one, passing another, and then, you all know... He decides to pit:( Only if he just lifted a bit I would pass without problem, but no hes idiot, almost pushed me into pitlane... I got 4s penalty... Irish goes away... After serving penalty Im 3rd.... 103pts, but very dissapointed, I was fighting for the win!!! I create an account on YT to post replay..
BTW isnt it strange that I got penalty if he was on the outside? I watch replay to see that again

Last edited:
Sorry, noob question... can we enter the remaining races if we’ve done one already?
Yes. However, I believe it's still in effect that the next race results will overwrite your previous results. So, if you score less points in the next one, you're stuck with those points. Unless you can score more in your very last race.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back