FIA Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter adstomko
  • 24,947 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
A frankly infuriating 3rd. I could have won that race. Track limits, divebombs at the chicanes, all the usual got in the way. My favourite was getting stuck behind a guy through the Porsche curves who went 6/2, I went wide on the exit of them there and got a penalty. Utter nonsense.

Ed - my condolences to Zorzil who died somewhere on lap 2.

Last edited:
Nations Cup Round 9
I said before this sounded like an interesting combo. I take that back, this is a meatgrinder straight from hell. Thematically, I love it. But practically, most of the playerbase (definitely including me) just can't reliably handle racing these things that close together. Everyone's braking distances are so different. I'm honestly shocked I somehow came out with 81 SR.

I somehow survived the first chicane, but then got an SR down from going up the back of a Russian who was unexpectedly slow through the section heading to the start of the Mulsanne. From there I had people moving across in front of me whilst braking, lots of track limit penalties trying to avoid people, the works. Also lots of difficulty trying to gauge braking points for the first chicane when there's someone on your inside. I found myself swerving pretty hard into the gravel more than once.

I accidentally took someone out at the bottom of the Mulsanne. I went right before the braking zone to break the slipstream, but then found I was still going to go up the back. Tried to go left to go onto the gravel thinking I could avoid contact, but I think that made it worse. Not proud of that at all.

I kind of wonder how this would have worked out had the start been less chaotic, because it just mixed everyone up. The qualifying was practically worthless. I'd started on the Mediums and was hoping to just take the first couple of laps easy then push once everyone had spread out, but ended up with the pole sitter behind me. I tried going to the outside of the Porsche curve and braking to let him past, but it seemed like it took a while for him to realise and that then let 2 more people through.

Calling that a day there, and now to see how I'm going to repair my SR...

If anyone wants to see how not to drive this race, here's a video! :rolleyes:

That race went unexpectedly well. I qualified in 14th with track limits penalties on both laps costing me big time. Managed to survive my trip to the first chicane on mulsanne and was up to 8th. From there I kept it clean and pitted on lap 4 for soft tyres for a 4m/4s strategy. Finished in 3rd, really happy with that.

Worst FIA I have run in a long long time. Qualified alone, got p5, then in first chicane on the Mulsanne straight I got hit so hard from behind that I ended up in the wall and a 4 seconds penalty to comfort. Then it just kept going sour. I got 3 track limit pens and a guy in a Jag brake checked me twice. Silly me falling for it.
Then another guy in a Mazda like mine pulled alongside before the end of the straight. He was inside so I lifted. And so he pulls right in front of me and hit the brake. I have no way to avoid hitting him. Another 4 seconds.
And to rub it in I slide coming into the last chicane so I am parked across it facing the wrong way.
Finished p12 for 24 points that doesn't count.
And SR A.....
No more, no more
SR now 76...
If I where to run again, and I can't, I would not qualify and start on Mediums. Then filter through the chaos and the penalties and probably be top 5 one lap down..

You know, I've been on the fence all day about running Le Mans today - it's a track I'm not good at and I don't have much experience in Gr C cars. From what I'm hearing, I think the decision's been made for me. If Gr 3/Laguna wrecked my DR and SR, then this is likely to be catastrophic.

Of course, knowing me 3 o'clock will roll around, I'll get bored and do it anyway....

Lol, is that the Canadian tire logo on the front?

Yes Sir! :D The entire car is all Canadian sponsors I’m pretty sure. :)

It started off as trying to copy this car, but I changed a few things. :)

5FBE410C-AC02-4E6E-AF7B-990C1D0EFA68.jpeg

Last edited:
Well, had a bad feeling going into this.

Group C at Le Mans

Couldn't drive the Mazda to save my life so went for the Sauber C9.

1st slot: Good quali, put a 19.6 and started p6. Had a good start, gained 2 positions before t1, did t1 right and lost the rear even with tc1 on cold mediums. Practically killed my race, spent 20s till managed to get it going and from there on was a recovery race. Had another trip in the sand at some point and finished P16.

2nd slot: Bad quali, just a 21.2 but enough for P8 as the field messed up their runs. To put it that way, the race was exactly the same like first one, only difference was that I was punted in T1 and then sent into the sand in the last turn. Finished P17.

Lost 2.1k DR and was really frustrated as I felt I had the pace to have a decent position.

Decided to go again for the last time.

3rd slot: Higher lobby this time, although my DR was around 45k there were 6 A+ rated drivers in the lobby. Put in a decent quali, 19.7 and started in P9. My strategy here was to start on mediums, stay out of trouble the first 1-2 laps until we get some space and then start to push. That s what I did, I avoided any fight, let all cars that tried moves past and dropped till P12. Lap 2 first chicane punished a lot of drivers in front with penalties and that got me up to p8 with a Brit and one Polish guy following me closely. We had a bit of a fight for about 1.5 laps but as soon as I managed to break slipstream I lost them. Till I pitted end of lap 4 I gained another position when the driver in front spun. Pitted and went out on Softs, and put some decent laps in. Managed to cover the 4s gap to the German in front and when another one pitted end of lap 6 we were in P6. Last 2 laps were sweet, we had a hard fight in 3 - Sauber vs Nissan vs Porsche. We exchanged positions several times, but I was the slowest of the bunch and had to settle for P7, just half a car behind the Nissan.

P7 and 169 points. Decent amount - will take it. 780p at the moment, not a very good number as I was horrendous in some races but will try to improve it at Nurb GP. Probably will go with my old trusty Alfa...

Enjoyed the Group C Dailies at chicaneless Le Mans back in the summer, so was looking forward to this combo no matter how slow I'd be against the top runners. Did think about taking the Panasonic XJR-9 out for a spin, but joined the 787B crowd as it felt better on tyres and brakes during practice.

19:00 Nations
Happened to share lobby space with @Ashthebash and @Tidgney for this occasion, in what Ash later told me was top split. Made sure on my out lap to crawl my way around so that my tyres were in the best possible shape and to avoid getting interrupted in slipstream. First lap was fairly reasonable, a 3:20.309 followed by a purple first sector on fairly worn Softs. Clawed a significant chunk of time - 1.673 seconds - going up to the Porsche Curves, at which point my tyres started to die and I lost what felt like a significant amount of speed. Despite this, I did enough to clock a 3:18.965 for 16th place on the grid. Now it was a case of starting on Mediums and seeing how I'd get on...

Had no problem getting off the grid, but kind of underestimated how much grip I had on entry into the Dunlop Curves. So, the first thing I did was dip two wheels into the gravel and end up having two bits of contact with a blue and yellow German 787B. That eventually pitched me into a slide that sent me to second-to-last, though problems for the German and others up front meant that I at least got back up to 17th when we first reached the Ford chicanes. One of the Spaniards slipstreamed past, followed by a fellow British driver in the stock livery after my attempt to pass the struggling Frenchman down Hunaudières didn't work out. Picked up three track limits penalties throughout the course of the race - two at the Dunlop Curves - and had a moment on Lap 4 where I accidentally hit the Frenchman on pit entry. Felt beside myself with this and the second Dunlop penalty, but those errors lead me to have a decent back-and-forth battle with another Spaniard in a grey Ford-branded machine.

One lap from the end, the Frenchman drops back to last due to another track limits penalty, and I get the slipstream on the Spaniard on our way to Indianapolis. He hugs to the inside; I try to line up around the outside even if it means having to go over the dotted lines Somehow managed to make it stick, but for that effort, I am rewarded with a third and final track limits penalty, most likely for crossing over the astroturf in order to pull it off. Somewhat harsh since at the time I felt that taking the astroturf was the only option, but the next lap I manage to get a clean move on the inside of the Frenchman down the same stretch. The result was 18th and 96 points on the board.

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20201024195106.png

Felt it necessary to apologise to the Frenchman for what happened on pit entry, but feel after watching my on-board capture like owing extra apologies to the German and the Spaniard for getting in their way at Dunlop Curves and Indianapolis respectively. Will be very busy in the next month so might not have a chance to squeeze more Exhibition races until at least Christmas time, but it was nice to be back in FIA lobbies and in a category of cars which I've grown rather fond of thanks to Dailies and a few events hosted on GTP this year.

Last edited:
1st attempt was a bit of a disaster, got caught up in all kind of shenanigans on the 1st lap & then disconnected, less said the better, ha.
2nd attempt went better.
Against all my expectations I qualified 8th in the Nissan, went out late and kept it tidy.
Used same strategy for the race, kept it within track limits and picked off racers with penalties & the gravel munchers, finished 4th. Went 4 S 4M, felt I could have got 5 laps out of the softs, which in theory would have placed me in 3rd, but considering I was expecting to be15th ish I decided it wasnt worth the gamble, regretting not going for it now though :lol:

Got murdered AGAIN coming into Mulsanne corner on the last lap in my first attempt.

Also got taken out on Arnage in my second attempt, though I think that was just the other guy halfway through a spin of his own and collected me. Came back for a reasonable finish in 1.5 split and a few hundred points.

Otherwise it was a good race, quite enjoyable. Would have been slightly better with a bit higher fuel usage, enough to make thinking of fuel burn a thing.

Did anyone pull off a two-stopper? Those mediums suck, so I did 4M4S just to get rid of them and spend 4 good laps on a low fuel load with softs.

Last edited by a moderator:
A frankly infuriating 3rd. I could have won that race. Track limits, divebombs at the chicanes, all the usual got in the way. My favourite was getting stuck behind a guy through the Porsche curves who went 6/2, I went wide on the exit of them there and got a penalty. Utter nonsense.

Ed - my condolences to Zorzil who died somewhere on lap 2.

Nations Cup Round 9
I said before this sounded like an interesting combo. I take that back, this is a meatgrinder straight from hell. Thematically, I love it. But practically, most of the playerbase (definitely including me) just can't reliably handle racing these things that close together. Everyone's braking distances are so different. I'm honestly shocked I somehow came out with 81 SR.

I somehow survived the first chicane, but then got an SR down from going up the back of a Russian who was unexpectedly slow through the section heading to the start of the Mulsanne. From there I had people moving across in front of me whilst braking, lots of track limit penalties trying to avoid people, the works. Also lots of difficulty trying to gauge braking points for the first chicane when there's someone on your inside. I found myself swerving pretty hard into the gravel more than once.

I accidentally took someone out at the bottom of the Mulsanne. I went right before the braking zone to break the slipstream, but then found I was still going to go up the back. Tried to go left to go onto the gravel thinking I could avoid contact, but I think that made it worse. Not proud of that at all.

I kind of wonder how this would have worked out had the start been less chaotic, because it just mixed everyone up. The qualifying was practically worthless. I'd started on the Mediums and was hoping to just take the first couple of laps easy then push once everyone had spread out, but ended up with the pole sitter behind me. I tried going to the outside of the Porsche curve and braking to let him past, but it seemed like it took a while for him to realise and that then let 2 more people through.

Calling that a day there, and now to see how I'm going to repair my SR...

If anyone wants to see how not to drive this race, here's a video! :rolleyes:

Was in the same race as you guys earlier (TheSweeney_), and frantic doesn't really cover it :lol:. Thought I recognised the name @Zorz from GTP 👍. Kind of glad I messed up qualifying if anything, judging the bedlam into the Dunlop chicane on Lap 1. Looks like you got really roughed up unfortunately, was a real battlefield out there today. Also, apologies if the incident at the 1st chicane on Lap 2 affected you, I was dive-bombed by a French guy in a 787B, which in turn put us loose out wide onto the dirt, then a case of 4 into 1 doesn't go on exit resulted in the pushing and shoving as we came past.

As this was the only race I was entering this season, it looked like a good combo and I find the 787B a joy to drive, so I made sure I practiced well. Qualifying went to pot in the end, ruined my 1st flyer, and a track limits excursion ruined my 2nd attempt, so started P20. Was always going to start on mediums, and the chaos into T1 reaffirmed that. Some how dodged it all unscathed, and was P10 by the end of the Mulsanne alone.

Scrappiness followed as those around jostled for position, concluding in a sketchy moment at the 1st Mulsanne chicane on lap 2, where an optimistic dive-bomb from a French 787B put me onto the marbles. After that I missed my braking into the 2nd chicane, forgetting tyres were dirty running into the back an Austrian in front in attempted avoidance. Thankfully they weren't affected by my mistake, but I got a (deserved) 1sec penalty and carried on. Dropped to 12th after serving it, then settled into a rhythm in some sort of clean air, before pitting on lap 4. Went for 4M/4S in the end, felt softs would last 4 laps on a lighter fuel load better in the 2nd part, and pace would be a lot quicker.

My pace after switching to softs was much better than expected, came out in P10 and reeled in those ahead quicker than anticipated. P10 became P9 after a late stopper on Lap 6, then P8 after catching a Portuguese Nissan I'd had a nice little battle with earlier. Soon got up to P7 before a mistake from someone ahead exiting the 2nd chicane gifted us P6, and then P5 after a spinner exiting Mulsanne corner. Closed right up to P4 on the line, finishing 2 tenths or so behind, and a second or so behind @stpatty in 3rd. Ended up getting fastest lap to boot as well surprisingly.

P5 from a P20 start was way more than hoped, so I'll take that. Especially as I felt a bit sport mode rusty after not doing FIA or dailies for a few weeks. Was anxious about making mistakes and ruining the race for others. Thankfully mistakes were a minimum, with just the -7SR in the end. Apart from the contact penalty, and 1 for track limits, all was well though I did get caught out by the differences in acceleration, with minor bumps into a couple of cars when exiting slower corners on occasion. Very noticeable between the R92CP and the 787B. Otherwise one and done, but accept I was lucky that I got the better part of the draw race-wise compared to others, it was very frisky.

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20201024155047.jpg
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20201024155209.jpg

Last edited:
We'll call it one and done on the main account after North American slot 1 in Nations. Ran 1 qualy lap which surprisingly put me in P6 on the grid. Made a good start, avoided a couple of dive bombs through the first few turns, made up a spot as someone served a penalty and brought the Leyton House Mazda 787B home for a solid 4th place finish and 135 points. Pretty happy with that.

Door 8
Qual 6
Finished P4
Gained ~1000 DR ~ 33.2K DR

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20201024185151.jpg

Last edited:
Well, it happened again. Got put into a more competitive room than usual with @Winnie847 and @Granadier. Qualified 17th and...

full

That's where I finished. And as you can tell by the cracked headlights on my Sauber, the race had its carnage of course. I also got two SR downs from getting hit from behind. Fortunately, my SR is still in the 90s. But I'm not going again because I don't want to risk it anymore and I'm not bothered about my Nations results this season. Again, this was just for fun. It was nice to finally do a race at Circuit de la Sarthe though.

Sooo whatd you decide on? I ran in slot 1. Q12 Finished 11th. Not straight forward at all though. My path for that one position included a brief visit to 18th place, 7.5 seconds worth of penalties and two games of “oh look, I’m in the sand again”.

You know, I've been on the fence all day about running Le Mans today - it's a track I'm not good at and I don't have much experience in Gr C cars. From what I'm hearing, I think the decision's been made for me. If Gr 3/Laguna wrecked my DR and SR, then this is likely to be catastrophic.

Of course, knowing me 3 o'clock will roll around, I'll get bored and do it anyway....

Didn’t practice much for this one, and Gr C cars aren’t my favorite (don’t tell my team).

I got a decent flyer out at 3:22 flat essentially, and it was good to start P8. I started on mediums and prayed that I would make it Mulsanne without any incidents. I figured being patient and avoiding limits penalties was my best strategy with my limited pace here.

Predictably, T1 was a cluster****, but I lucked out and the guy that would’ve taken me out had ghosted by the time he got to me. I skirted through Dunlop and got the straight unscathed. I passed a couple folks who served penalties and ended up P4. I got passed the next lap, and then spent the next 6 laps in P5 pretty much by myself. I came out of my pit stop with about 3.5 seconds over P6 and they ate away at it until my tires gave up on life on the last lap at Arnage.

7915601F-C6A5-4956-9ED1-E88F1862AA4D.jpeg

I was hoping for 100 plus points so I’m pretty happy with this, especially since I’m unlikely to run Nurb next week. Should leave me with 720 pts or so for the season.

PS. The chat was extra chippy after this one. Happy not to run again, lol

Last edited:
Total carnage in Oceania top split first slot last night. Every driver bar Nik Makozi got a penalty (who streaked away from the pack from first corner because people battled too much too early, surprise surprise :rolleyes:). This is one of those races which sounds amazing on paper, but with GTS collision physics, penalties and track limit inconsistencies make it a total 🤬 show in practice.

I qualified last, and made my way up to 13th on lap 7 with a 3M/5S strat in the R92CP. I was leading a pack of 5 cars going into Arnage and the guy at the back braked too late, and chain-punted all 4 cars in front of him. I went from 13th to last with aero/engine damage to boot, while he only got a 5 second penalty. Which did NOTHING because everyone else also lost more time getting punted/damaged/minor penalties for collisions which were not their fault. What a 🤬 joke. Lost another 1k DR and even my SR dropped to 96, which I can't remember when the last time it happened.

Anyway, no point getting too angry. PD clearly doesn't care anymore about this game so whatevs.

Got murdered by GTSportPenalty (aka rrevenga aka the Momoz of the Oceana region) AGAIN coming into Mulsanne corner on the last lap in my first attempt. Seriously, that driver is horrible to race against, completely insane, never clean. He may actually be worse than GT Sport's penalty system.

Also got taken out on Arnage in my second attempt, though I think that was just the other guy halfway through a spin of his own and collected me. Came back for a reasonable finish in 1.5 split and a few hundred points.

Otherwise it was a good race, quite enjoyable. Would have been slightly better with a bit higher fuel usage, enough to make thinking of fuel burn a thing.

Did anyone pull off a two-stopper? Those mediums suck, so I did 4M4S just to get rid of them and spend 4 good laps on a low fuel load with softs.

Pot meet kettle.

https://www.kudosprime.com/gts/stats.php?profile=2450907
https://www.kudosprime.com/gts/stats.php?profile=3247519

Also the Meds doesn't suck. McEwen in the first race did a no stop on the Meds and finished 2nd. Holland and one other guy also did a no stop and came back from the back of the pack to finish midfield.

Last edited:
Did a practice race and today is a nope. Decided to try the daily weekly races instead and got my SR dropped to A, so that was nice.
It’s frustrating having others throw caution to the wind and you get SR downs for it. Ahh well, maybe next week.

Slot 1
Top Split. Started 12th, finished 10th. Needed 9th to get over 200 points. 196 points for 10th only improved my points total by 7, so I decided it was worth the risk to go again.

Slot 2
Qualified better in a slightly less stacked room. Got a few stupid penalties at the start, then nearly spun myself at the 2nd Mulsanne chicane on the opening lap and eventually fell back to last place by the end of the first lap. Finished 16th.

Slot 3
Qualified 10th, finished 9th. Made some stupid mistakes again but also didn't have the pace needed to get over 200 points.

Slot 4
Had my worst qualifying time of the night, but still qualified 9th thanks to fewer aliens showing up. In spite of driving like a complete dumb:censored: for the entire race, I finished 5th...for 198 points :banghead:. It only improves my total score by 9 points. I could've had 4th and the 200+ points I wanted if I didn't drive like it was my first day with the game and properly adjusted my braking when in the slipstream. When I was trying to pass the car that eventually finished 4th going into the first Mulsanne chicane, I braked way too late and had no choice but to throw it up the inside to avoid rear-ending him. We did still collide, but fortunately he didn't spin or get a penalty from my stupidity. I however got a 0.5s penalty for cutting the inside of the first part of the chicane to avoid hitting him. It took the entire rest of the race to even get back in his slipstream again, but by then it was too late.

Dr has taken a hit with the last few FIA races. Dropped out of A (saw that coming) but have steadily dropped since with a terrible showing in the Manu races (41 points) and I couldn't even put up a Q lap in tonights races. Started 19th in both. Managed to work up to 6th by the end of the last one. Only good for 81 points. Went 2m/4s/3s. Figured I better get off the mediums when I started loosing time to p8 in front of me, and p10 made an error and dropped back to almost 4 seconds behind. Up to 5th , dropped to 8th on the second pit, back to 6th for the finish. Hopefully we'll get some better combos for me next week and I can build some DR back, and be competitive in the races.

Was in the same race as you guys earlier (TheSweeney_), and frantic doesn't really cover it :lol:. Thought I recognised the name @Zorz from GTP 👍. Kind of glad I messed up qualifying if anything, judging the bedlam into the Dunlop chicane on Lap 1. Looks like you got really roughed up unfortunately, was a real battlefield out there today. Also, apologies if the incident at the 1st chicane on Lap 2 affected you, I was dive-bombed by a French guy in a 787B, which in turn put us loose out wide onto the dirt, then a case of 4 into 1 doesn't go on exit resulted in the pushing and shoving as we came past.
Ah, hello! I thought me and Stpatty were the only GTP posters in that one. P20 to P5 is a fantastic result, and if the Dunlop chicane was that bad I'm definitely feeling very fortunate that I somehow got through it relatively unscathed. I think I'll need to go back and watch the replay. I know the front runners got punted off, but no idea how bad it was behind me.

Don't worry about the lap 2 thing at all, I honestly didn't think anything of it in the moment. The whole race was just a colossal mess from start to finish, and that ranked very, very low on the bumps and collisions I experienced. :P I was just about to serve my track limits penalty from the end of lap 1 when it happened anyway.

Last edited:
Didn’t practice much for this one, and Gr C cars aren’t my favorite (don’t tell my team).

I got a decent flyer out at 3:22 flat essentially, and it was good to start P8. I started on mediums and prayed that I would make it Mulsanne without any incidents. I figured being patient and avoiding limits penalties was my best strategy with my limited pace here.

Predictably, T1 was a cluster****, but I lucked out and the guy that would’ve taken me out had ghosted by the time he got to me. I skirted through Dunlop and got the straight unscathed. I passed a couple folks who served penalties and ended up P4. I got passed the next lap, and then spent the next 6 laps in P5 pretty much by myself. I came out of my pit stop with about 3.5 seconds over P6 and they ate away at it until my tires gave up on life on the last lap at Arnage.

View attachment 967024

I was hoping for 100 plus points so I’m pretty happy with this, especially since I’m unlikely to run Nurb next week. Should leave me with 720 pts or so for the season.

PS. The chat was extra chippy after this one. Happy not to run again, lol

Nice livery ;)

As this was the only race I was entering this season, it looked like a good combo and I find the 787B a joy to drive, so I made sure I practiced well. Qualifying went to pot in the end, ruined my 1st flyer, and a track limits excursion ruined my 2nd attempt, so started P20. Was always going to start on mediums, and the chaos into T1 reaffirmed that. Some how dodged it all unscathed, and was P10 by the end of the Mulsanne alone.

Scrappiness followed as those around jostled for position, concluding in a sketchy moment at the 1st Mulsanne chicane on lap 2, where an optimistic dive-bomb from a French 787B put me onto the marbles. After that I missed my braking into the 2nd chicane, forgetting tyres were dirty running into the back an Austrian in front in attempted avoidance. Thankfully they weren't affected by my mistake, but I got a (deserved) 1sec penalty and carried on. Dropped to 12th after serving it, then settled into a rhythm in some sort of clean air, before pitting on lap 4. Went for 4M/4S in the end, felt softs would last 4 laps on a lighter fuel load better in the 2nd part, and pace would be a lot quicker.

My pace after switching to softs was much better than expected, came out in P10 and reeled in those ahead quicker than anticipated. P10 became P9 after a late stopper on Lap 6, then P8 after catching a Portuguese Nissan I'd had a nice little battle with earlier. Soon got up to P7 before a mistake from someone ahead exiting the 2nd chicane gifted us P6, and then P5 after a spinner exiting Mulsanne corner. Closed right up to P4 on the line, finishing 2 tenths or so behind, and a second or so behind @stpatty in 3rd. Ended up getting fastest lap to boot as well surprisingly.

P5 from a P20 start was way more than hoped, so I'll take that. Especially as I felt a bit sport mode rusty after not doing FIA or dailies for a few weeks. Was anxious about making mistakes and ruining the race for others. Thankfully mistakes were a minimum, with just the -7SR in the end. Apart from the contact penalty, and 1 for track limits, all was well though I did get caught out by the differences in acceleration, with minor bumps into a couple of cars when exiting slower corners on occasion. Very noticeable between the R92CP and the 787B. Otherwise one and done, but accept I was lucky that I got the better part of the draw race-wise compared to others, it was very frisky.

View attachment 967015 View attachment 967016
You were rapid in that race. Since you'd changed your username since we last raced I thought you were an alien trying a last to first challenge :lol:

Slot 1, Door no. 7, only recognize two names in the lobby. Decide to qualy alone and I got Q2 (which shocked me, I'm like 4 seconds off pace). Guaranteed 7 spots if you can navigate T1 without a penalty. I did so. The rest of the race was trying to hold off P2 who was about 1.5 seconds a lap faster than me. Fly like a butterfly,

NA Slot 1, D/S lobby, running the Jaguar XJR-9 with good results. I chose the car (against everyone's choice) because the test runs proved the handling was better suited for my driving style. Q13, P14 finish with 3 points for USA. 1 orange down check from a bump drafting racer but recovered. In the end I lost 527 DR but recovered to 99 SR.

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20201025005246.jpg

NA Slot 2, mixed lobby (which had me fuming until I realized the benefit of being in this lobby), this time I ran the Mazda 787B also with good results. I chose the car to see if I could be a little more competitive even though my test runs proved the handling was not the best suited for my driving style. Q15, P14 finish with 44 points for USA (hmmm maybe these mixed lobbies are not so bad after all). No orange down checks this race but that was expected since most of the lobby left me on L1 (I didn't think I stunk that bad - showered last month). In the end I gained 57 DR and maintained my 99 SR.

Does the pole sitter look familiar? (was in the top 10 qualifying time trials and I used his ghost for practice)

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20201025012152.jpg

Here is a benefit of a mixed lobby:
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20201025012316.jpg

And my ending result:

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20201025021214.jpg

Enjoyed another night of awesome racing! Until next time, enjoy your own racing!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back