FIA Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter adstomko
  • 24,947 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just did another no-stop test. Front left is almost exactly 50%, and I finished with 25% fuel left. Fastest lap was a 53.5xx. This time the laptimes were a bit slower in the second half of the race, but not excessively so.

Need to test a one-stopper properly and compare total time to see what I'll end up with.

Just did another no-stop test. Front left is almost exactly 50%, and I finished with 25% fuel left. Fastest lap was a 53.5xx. This time the laptimes were a bit slower in the second half of the race, but not excessively so.

Need to test a one-stopper properly and compare total time to see what I'll end up with.

I’ve done a couple tests in the Toyota so far, 1 stop is about 2-5s slower overall from what I can see, and that doesn’t include running into any traffic after your stop. :)

09866FE9-492F-476D-8DA0-B9DFEC20490E.jpeg

BB+5 the whole time. Best overall race time so far has been a 20:29.2 on a no stop. :)

Last edited:
I’ve done a couple tests in the Toyota so far, 1 stop is about 2-5s slower overall from what I can see, and that doesn’t include running into any traffic after your stop. :)

View attachment 973640
BB+5 the whole time. Best overall race time so far has been a 20:29.2 on a no stop. :)
My no stop was about the same wear versus the AI, but my lap times were 2 seconds slower(navigating traffic from 11th and of course AI are on RH).

My fastest was a 54.1 on Lap 8. I didn't divebomb AI. So, took a while to get by the field. I'm thinking it'll be similar in race. The 86 will have good wear, but won't be easy trying to pass at the start of the race. Last 5-6 laps will be the money laps.

Signed with Volkswagen without really thinking about it. Did a test race and needed three stops with the Scirocco (7S/7S/7S/2M), only to come here and read about people talking about doing no pit stop at all. Whelp, I guess I'm screwed :lol:

Last edited:

View attachment 973640
Well that's my strategy worked out. If you could work out the strat for every round that would be great :)
4692844345985860628_0.jpg

Signed with Volkswagen without really thinking about it. Did a test race and needed three stops with the Scirocco (7S/7S/7S/2M), only to come here and read about people talking about doing no pit stop at all. Whelp, I guess I'm screwed :lol:

Okay, so I did a few more races and found that I can do with two stops as well. I tried a one stopper too but can't get the rubber to last that long. I did 10 laps on Softs and 13 on Mediums but the Softs really start to give up on like lap 9, especially on the FWD Scirocco. I think I'll settle for 8S/8S/7M. Mediums aren't that much slower than Softs, so it's not worth doing the extra pit stop.

Last edited:
Yeah. I think one stop at best is the way to go. Not seeing much drop off in lap times in the tire compound, and but I’m super close of fuel to make maybe a quick stop and go a possibility.

Did another Custom Race. I'm just loving the time of day. Can't wait to watch the replay Wednesday night.

Anyway, RS got me to Lap 13 with no dramatic drop off of grip(could probably stretch those to Lap 22!:sly:). Switched to RM and laid down my FL, 52.9 on Lap 16(FL on the RS, Lap 8, was 53.1). Finishing with just below 1/4 tank.

Any players ruinning the Citroen, Slophy or 4C? Seems like these cars may have a shot at some high finishing positions.

Okay, so I did a few more races and found that I can do with two stops as well. I tried a one stopper too but can't get the rubber to last that long. I did 10 laps on Softs and 13 on Mediums but the Softs really start to give up on like lap 9, especially on the FWD Scirocco. I think I'll settle for 8S/8S/7M. Mediums aren't that much slower than Softs, so it's not worth doing the extra pit stop.
My apologies if this is something you already knew to do, but are you on BB+5? I can't say that it will get you to the 1 stop being the way to go (haven't tested as I moved from VW to Lambo this season), but if you're not doing that already you absolutely should, as it will help a lot with wear and get you much closer to the rotation under light braking of FRs.

Can soeone explain to me, how points count works? should I do one race today, or better do all five? Is it cumulative, or the best result counts or the last result counts?

Can soeone explain to me, how points count works? should I do one race today, or better do all five? Is it cumulative, or the best result counts or the last result counts?
Points are based on the average DR and SR of the room.
Your last result is the one that counts and it's upto you how many races you do each round, though generally people usually stop once they get a good result.
8 rounds this season and it will be your 4 best points scores that count to your overall rank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back