First impressions......

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 479 comments
I'm really enjoying it.

I have a PS4 Pro + G29 and I honestly think it looks better than GT Sport and more important, the driving feels way better, I don't know how to explain it yet.

I did a 2 lap race on Goodwood and this is the sun difference between the first and the second lap.

20220304_030127.jpg

20220304_030145.jpg

It's really beautiful. Can't wait to play in Nurburgring.

Last edited:
2h25min in (ish). I love it so far (base PS4). Can really feel the weight of the car more, curbs feel different. Definitely need to moderate acceleration out of a corner more than in Sport.

Only thing I have to complain a little bit over so far is music rally. Because the HUD is minimal and the engine volume so low, I need to focus extra on rpm to know when to shift gears (manual ‘til I die). I usually don’t think about it, it just happens naturally. But that’s because I can hear the rpm.

And a positive thing - TCS is now universal! Yay! I hated going into car settings to disable TCS in every car the first time I drove a new car in Sport. Same when going from manual to an automatic back to manual, finally it stays manual. I hated the "auto bug" in Sport.

Last edited:
Only played for a few hours and am doing the licence tests is it me or are they harder than previous GT games ?. Also I’m finding navigating the menu and other selections clunky, again it might just be me.

Still waiting for it to download, playing these 3 dumb music tracks. Rear grip is ridiculous, driving line is from 1980s still, braking zones are dead wrong... Praying the actual game will be different, but being forced to grind through garbage cars just to get to the part of the game I enjoy is annoying.
Seems like we'll be strapped for money, which sucks more than usual because cars will only appear so often. They changed trial mountain and deep forest significantly, still no grand valley or midfield(?), still no nascar, no updated group 3 or 4 cars, AI is still atrocious.

Very disappointed this far from what I've watched in reviews all day, but whatever. Once we get maxed out Gr3 online races going, then I'll decide. Hopefully tuning isn't still min\max on every setting for the fastest setup, but not holding my breath.

Last edited:
I experienced the auto bug in GTS, but very rarely. Probably less than 5 times in about 5 years of having the game, and I had well over 200 hours of driving time.
Happened all the time for me

"playing these 3 dumb music tracks. Rear grip is ridiculous, driving line is from 1980s still, braking zones are dead wrong... Praying the actual game will be different, but being forced to grind through garbage cars just to get to the part of the game I enjoy is annoying."
In complete agreement there. The whole intro with the music rally crap was dumb. It made it even more annoying that the music was 1000 times louder than the sound of the vehicle which kept making me miss shifts unless I took my eyes off the road constantly which would then result in terrible cornering, missing brake points, or slamming into the in-the-way AI drivers.

I also agree that it was pretty irritating having to drive god-awful cars through the beginning, too. Everything about them suuucked.

Something else that bugs me, and it's probably just me, but the light/shadow settings are waaay off. Followed the instructions exactly as they were laid out (patterns barely visible) and everything is way too dark. Going through the tunnels on Trial Mountain was like driving into a black hole. To make matters worse, there wasn't even an option to adjust the settings...

I hate to be "that guy" who complains about nonsense, but I've been patiently waiting for Gran Turismo 7 for yeeears, as I'm sure most people have been, and after finally being able to play, it made a terrible first impression on me..

I very much hope the rest of the game isn't as irritating.

Edit: Apparently there's no livestreaming the game. Every time I try the game bluescreens (Playstation). How lovely...

Last edited:
On a brand new T300RS, all driving assists off as I've been driving with my old T500RS since GT5.

My comment or this post is purely based on the feedback I'm getting from my T300RS.

I am absolutely mind blown, this is horrible. 7 hours into the game and I have absolutely no confidence whatsoever in the rear-end of my car during low-to-mid speed cornes in rwd cars (stock setups, license tests). The slightest tap of the throttle and the car spins out.

At no point whatsoever I have the feeling that I'm able to push the car to the limit on the tyres given to me for any license test. I thought it was just me at first but while streaming a viewer commented he felt similar. It's like driving on ice with grip in front but no grip at the rear, it's very very frustrating.

This weird feeling/grip thing aside I'm totally loving the game.

Last edited:
First impressions are very good. I personally didn't mind Music Rally and liked it more than I thought I would, and I enjoyed the entirety of the intro movie, though they should've included the option to skip this for those who wanted to jump right in.

The overall presentation and feel is very well done. The soundtrack choice is phenomenal. I haven't heard everything yet, but I've noticed a few GT5 tracks have returned, but the new ones are excellent and fit right in. All this to say that GT7 is my new favorite in this category - I'm a sucker for piano and strings.

So many animations. Little touches like the cinematic that plays when selecting a new menu book, the return of the 3D garage, scapes movies, the GT World's day/night cycle, the animations that play upon purchasing/winning a new car...there's such great attention to detail and you really get the sense PD wanted you to be enchanted by what's on the screen. A great change from the functional but bland GT6 and Sport, IMO. I haven't experienced much yet as I've only just golded the B License and began the 3rd book, but one thing I appreciate is being able to add a used car to your wishlist so you're notified when it appears. The countdown sound from GT1-3 also returns. I also like that all of the car descriptions (that I've read so far) include not just the displacement but also type of engine (I4, V6, 8, 12, etc) since it is not mentioned in any car's specs.

Graphically, at least on PS4/Pro, it's essentially GT Sport as many predicted. I could almost swear that the way light/shadow interacts with the tarmac looks better (this could just be honeymoon phase placebo though), and the intro movie implied that a heat haze effect is in there, but I haven't seen it yet. Load times don't seem any worse than GT Sport for me, but will be glad to eventually upgrade to the PS5 version in a few months as this is one area where it's really a game changer.

I hate to confirm that you indeed cannot sell a car unless you have more than one of it. I blew most of my preorder credits so that I wouldn't have it too easy, and now I've got a bunch of cars I didn't really want. Maybe this restriction goes away once you've completed all the books. Whatever the case, I'll work around this for now by just using the Favorites section as my "actual" garage. I won't even bother with the AI dead horse. We all know the deal there.

I've got the day off so I'll be ruining my sleep schedule to open up the rest of the game and go from there.

Welcome to GT7, everyone. 👍

----

Editing to add some other observations:
  • (On PS4 & not confirmed) Clouds look smudgier than I remember in GTS. This could be due to the dynamic cloud/weather system.
  • Wind/tire noise is more noticeable, particularly in hood view.

Last edited:
Only played for a few hours and am doing the licence tests is it me or are they harder than previous GT games
I personally think they are! Got the B, gold, but have not found the early tests on the A that easy to gold - but I am not a great driver...:)

Love it so far but two things stick out for me...

The final licence test around Spa in the Porsche is ****ing crazy hard for me to get anywhere near the Gold time, did all the others relatively easy but that one is nuts.

Also how the **** do you get rid of those yellow arrow marks for corners?

Played a couple of hours this morning, so far I'm enjoying it.

Feedback through the Dualsense is very helpful and immersive, the physics seem fine to me too.

Some of the licence tests took a few attempts to get gold, which I like because the game would surely get boring if they were too easy.

The rain effects are a nice addition too.

Love it so far but two things stick out for me...

The final licence test around Spa in the Porsche is ****ing crazy hard for me to get anywhere near the Gold time, did all the others relatively easy but that one is nuts.

Also how the **** do you get rid of those yellow arrow marks for corners?
Go to settings click driver line assistance and click the box to turn off that say driving markers.. took me a while to lol

@Ryanswannell Im being also humbled by my friends time. 😂

Last edited:
4hrs for me and I'm enjoying it, physics are better in that there's more "weight" to the cars, but they're tricky to control, I suspect tuning will be a very big thing! Game looks and sounds better, I've done B1 and A1 licence tests and finished Japanese FF races, I've got 370,000cr and 11 cars, Gr3 cars cost 450k....prepare to GRIND!

I'm really enjoying it.

I have a PS4 Pro + G29 and I honestly think it looks better than GT Sport and more important, the driving feels way better, I don't know how to explain it yet.

I did a 2 lap race on Goodwood and this is the sun difference between the first and the second lap.

View attachment 1119715

View attachment 1119716

It's really beautiful. Can't wait to play in Nurburgring.
I've got a question. Does the fan noise gets louder when you play GT7?

I'm trying to decide between getting PS4 Pro or Slim, probably used one.

I bought it for PS4 and it's brilliant even without the ps5 features I haven't played my PS4 in over a year this has brought me back

On a brand new T300RS, all driving assists off as I've been driving with my old T500RS since GT5.

My comment or this post is purely based on the feedback I'm getting from my T300RS.

I am absolutely mind blown, this is horrible. 7 hours into the game and I have absolutely no confidence whatsoever in the rear-end of my car during low-to-mid speed cornes in rwd cars (stock setups, license tests). The slightest tap of the throttle and the car spins out.

At no point whatsoever I have the feeling that I'm able to push the car to the limit on the tyres given to me for any license test. I thought it was just me at first but while streaming a viewer commented he felt similar. It's like driving on ice with grip in front but no grip at the rear, it's very very frustrating.

This weird feeling/grip thing aside I'm totally loving the game.
I really like that the rear is more lively on entry and mid corner, but gee whiz you breathe on the gas on exit and it’s beyblade mode.

Quick impressions after roughly 4 hours:

The Good:

-Campiagn is retro and nostalgia is king - love it.
-DualSense support - I wasn´t ready for this - wow! You might think it feels weird at first, but stick with it. You´ll get used to it and it feels great pretty quickly.
-Daytona! Never driven on this track, but I´ve seen it streemed a bunch. Seems to be very popular on iRacing - Now I know why.
-Cafe is dumb, it´s weird, it´s great.
-Tuning.
-Music is weird as always.
-Rain and puddles!
-Sound is improved. Not as good as ACC, but improved.
-Same goes for physics.

The Bad:

-Visuals are a surprisingly mixed bag. Wildly inconsistent across tracks and downright ugly in certain conditions - georgeous in others.
-Rally sucked in GTS and it´s even worse here.
-Willow Springs, Alsace, Goodwood and Autopolis are still in the game ;)
-While the music is good, some jingles - like the ones that play before races - are some of the worst musical garbage I have ever heard.
-Some menu GFX are a step back from GTS (Looking at you roulette screen)
-The artificial "intelligence".
-No dashboard cam for wheel users!
-Rolling starts.
-Tyre sqeal.

Last edited:
Back