FITT Challenge STi Vs Evo Battle! Results; Congratulations to Praiano63, Otaliema & Brian Wolf

• Thread starter Otaliema
  • 1,044 comments
@Otaliema it isn't a big deal but for Street Racer class you have chassis reinforcement cars separated but in the Pro Spec class you do not, it would only be Gino's tune so you know.

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Super Rally Car '03 (FITT Challenge STi vs Evo Battle specs)

443 PS - 1250 KG - Weight distribution 54/46

Engine
No oil change
Power limiter 100%
Engine tuning phase 3
Racing exhaust pipe

Gearbox: Stock

Transmission
Fully Custom LSD: 16/12/6 (front); 13/10/5 (rear)

Body
Downforce 100/150
Ballast 20 kg; position +50%
Improve rigidity: yes.

TARMAC TUNE (Street of Willow)

Tires:
Racing Hard

Suspensions
97/93
11.07/10.06
3/4
6/5
3/4
0/0
-0.25/0

Racing brakes distribution: 7/7

Front/rear torque distribution central diff: 45/55

ABS: 1; TCS: 0.

DIRT TUNE (Eiger Nordwand track W)

Tires:
Dirt

Suspensions
97/93
11.07/10.06
3/4
6/5
3/4
0/0
-0.25/0

Racing brakes distribution: 6/6

Front/rear torque distribution central diff: 45/55

ABS: 1; TCS: 0.

View attachment 165222

View attachment 165223
@Gino Caberlin with the gearbox being stock, did you never touch it while tuning? If so then testers should make sure that the engine is not installed if they "reset" the gearbox. First gear should be 2.592, correct? If the gearbox is adjusted after the engine is installed then first gear ends up being 2.703.

Thanks for testing and great review. :) I can tell that we have different driving styles which is as you pointed out. What I was doing on Stowe with the short gears is always be up a gear on exit, maybe I should have just changed the final gear for my adjustment. We will see how other testers can adjust to my tune. Great job!
I tried being up a gear at stowe. I tried short shifting, but they were so close i was constantly changing gear. If I just floored it coming out of the last corner and kept in on the track I would still be wheelspinning in 4th at the start finish line! Now thats fun!👍

@Gino Caberlin with the gearbox being stock, did you never touch it while tuning? If so then testers should make sure that the engine is not installed if they "reset" the gearbox. First gear should be 2.592, correct? If the gearbox is adjusted after the engine is installed then first gear ends up being 2.703.
I did not touch gearbox.

I tried being up a gear at stowe. I tried short shifting, but they were so close i was constantly changing gear. If I just floored it coming out of the last corner and kept in on the track I would still be wheelspinning in 4th at the start finish line! Now thats fun!👍
Even though he didn't touch the gear box he should have updated when he toggled the sheets or left the tuning screen and came back in to change settings so assume stock after engine upgrades I would say

- I congratulate the organizer of this event, I had difficulty in choosing the wet tire strret car race until behaved well with 2 types of tire, I have to congratulate the testers for their dedication with all different cars can resulatados especially in large conclusions from some tuning:cheers:👍:gtpflag:

@DaBomm4 pointed out this car has chassis reinforcement on it, I will admit I missed it so just like with @brian wolf I retested this car. Both tracks.
Here is the updated review the time sheet has been updated as well, and I moved Gino's tune to it's own spot in the list with the chassis reinforcement note. All told the time changes pretty well equaled out so no change in standings.

@Gino Caberlin Lancer Evoultion Super Rally Car '03
Eiger Nordwand W Trail
Lap Time; 1:04.255 1:03.565
DC; 8.2 8.5
Streets of Willow
Lap Time; 1:09.555 1:10.126
DC; 7.8 7.5

Impressions of the tune; This was a good tune was a little bit tight, but it did what you told it to when you told it even on the dirt, it didn't like to turn in under coasting or braking, but would snap around soon as you hit the throttle. The 60 some odd HP it was short from class limit helped allot on the dirt kept the wheel spin under control. But it ended up hurting it on the tarmac. Also a reduced top speed on the transmission would have helped it out. I rarely if ever used 6th gear on the car. The chronic understeer and lack of turn in under breaking caused a noticeable reduction in exit speed in the corners. It would power through just about every corner fine if I was off the brakes before I started the turn in. If it started to understeer in the turn there was little I could do to correct it as lifting off caused it to get worse. Solid tune just have to be dead on with entry.

Last edited:
Final results for the Spec street tuners. Good job everybody.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°

Spec Street Tuners , FINAL RESULTS

@brian wolfSubaru Impreza Sedan WRX STi Version V `98

GVS sport hard tires :1.10.162

Tsukuba comfort soft tires: 1.02.946

Very good car , well balanced, The only moment it don´t stay on the line is when releasing the brakes on corner entry. You need to compense with the wheel but it mess a bit with the perfect line to apex. I think it´s due to ARB 4/2. a 2/4 balance resolve this. Very nice drive on Tsukuba but you need some laps to understand the way it work on corner entry.

DC:

GVS =8.5

TSUK =8.5

@SDsnakebutt -IMPREZA Sedan WRX STi Version V '98

GVS sport hard tires : 1.10.097

Tsukuba comfort soft tires: 1.02.585

Perfect balance , perhaps too safe in some occasions where a better eagerness can pay . Need to be more aggressive on corner entry in my opinion, allowing a bit more rotation and a free rear end.

DC:

GVS = 9

TSUK =9

@Ridox2JZGTEImpreza Sedan WRX STI Version V '98

GVS sport hard tires : 1.11.012

Tsukuba comfort soft tires: 1.03.680

The car shows a perfect balance for a car with no front ballast. It just can´t pass as fast in the medium and high speed corners, camber even low value don´t help for the grip. Out of this it´s a very good car reacting well to all yours inputs.

DC:

GVS = 8.0

TSUK =8.5

@Bowtie-muscleImpreza Sedan WRX STi Version V '98

GVS sport hard tires : 1.10.169

Tsukuba comfort soft tires: 1.02.242

I love this car , you can print on the road all what you want the car to do, very easily In ,mid and out corner are perfect. Very easy to go fast.

On GVS the car is a bit unstable under strong braking for the first turn. The RH + low springs are making free the weight transfer and you need to be very sharp on your driving input to not loose the line and the speed.

Congrats.

DC:

GVS =9

TSUK =9.5

@praiano63Impreza Sedan WRX STi V '98

GVS sport hard tires :1.09.884

Tsukuba comfort soft tires: 1.02.227

I´ll not comment my ccar.Just one thing, my car is very loose at tsukuba, very hard to nail a fast lap. Very fun car,i love it because i think i´m a great drifter with it... :lol:.

DC:

GVS =9.5

TSUK =9

@krenkmeImpreza Sedan WRX STi Version III '96

GVS sport hard tires :1.10.068

Tsukuba comfort soft tires: 1.02.593

Excelent car, the `96 model allow a ballast of 88kg on the rear, this is the max allowed by the shootout rurles and it give a 51/49 weight repartition. The result is a car very responsive on corner entry , you need to maintain it on the line and counter steer to don´t pass this line to not slow the speed of the car. This is a wonderfull toy like this, the only point is the out corner , the car don´t have a perfect projection , perhaps due to the front LSD value???!!! .Very good job Mr Krenkme, congratulations.

DC:

GVS =9.0

TSUK =9.0

@ABPIMPREZA Sedan WRX STi Version III '96

GVS sport hard tires :1.11.231

Tsukuba comfort soft tires: 1.03.498

Most of the settings are going against the car increasing understeer. In , mid and out corner. LSD , Brake balance , springs and mostly the front ballast position -12.

The result is a car that don´t want to grab the line and it loose time all sectors. The 5 speed gearbox also is loosing acceleration out corner comparing to the 6 gears.

Sorry .

DC:

GVS =7.5

TSUK =7.0

@@DolHausImpreza Sedan WRX STi Version IV '97

GVS sport hard tires :1.10.423

Tsukuba comfort soft tires: 1.02.501

Perfect balance, perhaps too neutral on GVS , could be a good option to play with TOE and ARB ??? to induce some kind of eagerness with throttle and help some weight transfer in slow corners.

The torque 44/56 really help a lot on Tsukuba whee the car become very alive out corner with an excellent retake. Very good, I´ve enjoyed a lot my test.

DC:

GVS =8.5

TSUK =9.5

@brave bearLancer Evolution IV GSR '96

GVS sport hard tires :1.12.054

Tsukuba comfort soft tires: 104.065

Very hard to maintain the car on the line. Show a constant pivot generated during any wheel or/and throttle inputs. Understeer out corner, need to take first an inside the line bearing then accelerate. The 3.0/2.0 camber just add grease under the tires . Low top speed, the 5 spaced gears only are not helping at all with the peaky power curve. Anyway, speed is a detail but the driving pleasure is not there.

Sorry for my bads comments but I can´t find anything pleasant on this car.
DC:

GVS =7.0

TSUK =7.0

@suspensionEvolution GSR IV '96

GVS sport hard tires :1.10.806

Tsukuba comfort soft tires: 1.02.769

It´s an excellent car, very responsive, front wheels gives a precise driving input. Well balanced over springs and dampers…. A must. (for an evo in the game).

The only negative point is the retake out slow and medium sped corners. I´ve found very strange the front decell LSD 60, I thought it was a typo but ???!!! it wasn´t??!!

When i´ve setted this LSD to 5 , I had a gain of ½ second on tsukuba and 0.300 on GVS immediately in 2 laps.

Again excellent job. Congrats.
DC:

GVS =9.0

TSUK =9.0

@DaBomm4Lancer Evo V GSR '98

GVS sport hard tires :1.10.211

Tsukuba comfort soft tires: 1.02.550

This car is on a rail, good grip, good top speed and retake, nothing take you out of your way, you can concentrate yourself to stay on the best driving line all the time.

The price to pay is a light understeed mid corner and on slow corner entry. You just have to wait the car take the good direction, whel input answer well and help a lot, then full gas with a very good acceleration to take back the lost time.

I prefer the cars with a more free rear end that answer better to throttle inputs (speaking about 4WD) but I have to say this tune is a very efficient all around tune.

Well done.
DC:

GVS =9.0

TSUK =9.0

@shaunm80Lancer Evolution V GSR ‘98

GVS sport hard tires :1.10.507

Tsukuba comfort soft tires: 1.02.524

Very good drive on tsukuba, very safe car with no surprise showing a few understeer in medium speed corner but hairpins are ok and the car , playing with throttle and wheel and a little practice have a good pivot heading to a good out corner performance. The 6 gears and a very good traction are fitting well to this track.

On GVS the understeer out corner make you loose some precious time, the accel and top speed are still excellent. If you try to brake at the right place , taking a fast line till apex and perform a good early out corner, the car will show his limits been a bit lazy. The solution and also a very fun way to drive it is to perform a late braking throwing the rear over the tires. Then the car will point earlier to the right direction and the good accel will make you jump ahead. Very good car just need to be more fre in my opinion.
DC:

GVS =8.5

TSUK =9.0

Final results for the Spec street tuners. Good job everybody.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°
Thank you sir I'll get them loaded in a bit. Could I twist your arm into a pro class test run? Only two maybe three testers for it so far

Thank you sir I'll get them loaded in a bit. Could I twist your arm into a pro class test run? Only two maybe three testers for it so far
Sorry ,i can´t, world cup time, lot of job , lot of football games..... I´m done with GT for a few days, just Lotus F1 racing online an hour a day for the fun.

Street Spec

@krenkme STi
Grand Valley East
Time: 1:11.135
DC: 8

Good fun to drive, requires a lot of attention to keep it fast though. Felt a little bit floaty and the brakes could be a handful at times but a pleasant experience none the less

Tsukuba
Time: 1:03.355
DC: 10
Loved it in the wet, for me it had the perfect balance of slip and grip to allow me to be both sideways and quick at the same time. Grip when you need it, slip when you want it. Great job, well done

@praiano63 STi
Grand Valley East
Time: 1.11.121

Felt light and agile but a little bit nervous at times, I found I could never really be sure of what it was going to do next on the entry phase of the corners and under braking. Had great rotation and pointed in to the corners really well. I'm certain this car is fast but I just couldn't get comfortable in it in the short time we spent together

Tsukuba
Time: 1:03.663
DC: 9
Great fun, very poised and easy to throw into corners. With a little more power to sustain the slide this thing would be amazing.

@brave bear Evo
Grand Valley East
Time: 1:12.632
DC: 5

I struggled with this one due to the AYC constantly interfering and pulling power away from where I wanted it. Its a shame really, the suspension and brakes felt good underneath.
Tsukuba
Time:
1:05.514
Difficult to get used to with the AYC, just couldn't find a way to work with it constantly shifting things around.

@ABP STi
Grand Valley East
Time: 1:12.040

A lot of understeer meant that I had to keep lifting off in order to get the nose pointing in the right direction. The brakes could be a bit dicey and I found I kept locking up the rears under hard braking into the first corner. I think I was also dragging the belly pan over the curbs at times making it handle oddly.
Tsukuba
Time:
1:05.027
DC: 6
Very stable and predictable but still had a ton of understeer meaning that I couldn't use the stability to get good corner exit.

@Bowtie-muscle STi
Grand Valley East
Time: 1:10.529

Loved it! A great balance of stability and nimbleness. I found I was just getting faster and faster with it and never found fault or was left asking for more.

Tsukuba
Time:
1:03.539
Felt great in the wet as well, great rotation and a pleasing mix of slip and grip.

@shaunm80 Evo
Grand Valley East
Time: 1:11.216

Solid and grippy but had just a little too much understeer for my tastes. Oddly fast in a straight line though, always seemed to be at least 2mph faster crossing the line than the other cars. The brakes felt a little wooden, not much feeling to them, seemed to either be on or off with nothing in between.

Tsukuba

Time:
1:03.727
Again understeer was killing my fun. Got a decent enough time out of it but had to be super clean around every corner to make it work.

@DolHaus STi
Grand Valley East
Time: 1:10.609

Its my own car so i'm not going to say much, decent balance but maybe a little too safe.
Tsukuba
Time:
1:03.296
I prefered it in the wet as it slid around more and felt less heavy

@suspension Evo
Grand Valley East
Time: 1:11.357
DC: 7

Felt good in the dry, could catch you out while braking during rotation though. Felt light and easy to push with but seemed to run out of grip beyond a certain point

Tsukuba

Time:
1:04.381
Good fun but felt a little odd. Just seemed to not know how it wanted to be driven as it had too much grip to slide around corners but too little to stay stable and planted.

@DaBomm4 Evo
Grand Valley East
Time: 1:10.684

Very stable and progressive with a hint of understeer when pushed. Needed a measured touch to make it work but when applied the car felt both planted and fast.

Tsukuba

Time:
1:03.307
Odd one this, almost felt like it had too much grip in the wet. I found it had one great lap in it around lap 6 where the rear tyres were cooling down but the rest of the time it felt too solid at the rear and couldn't rotate.

@brian wolf STi
Grand Valley East
Time: 1:10.940

Feels kind of soft and understeery at first but once you are used to the way it moves you can use the weight transfer to really make it flow nicely through the bends.

Tsukuba

Time:
1:02.984
An odd mix of clean smooth driving and hyper aggressive touge style drifting worked here but it was all but impossible to be consistent.

@Barr Evo
Grand Valley East
Time: 1:11.187

Was extremely stable but had a fair bit of understeer to go along with it. Was capable of decent times but the amount of concentration needed to maintain the line was just too much to be fun, small mistakes often led to big time losses.

Tsukuba

Time:
1:04.594
Consistent but the understeer held it back and made it difficult to work with.

@Ridox2JZGTE STi
Grand Valley East
Time: 1:11.481

Loved how balanced the car felt. Good rotation, solid brakes and a nice bit of slip from the rear. Unfortunately the lack of grip just let it down and it couldn't keep up with the others.

Tsukuba

Time: 1:04.576
The wet track seemed to upset the balance of the car a bit and it developed fairly noticeable understeer.

@SDsnakebutt
Grand Valley East
Time: 1:11.066

Very stable and predictable with decent rotation. Felt a little bit too stable perhaps, the car never felt alive somehow.

Tsukuba

Time:
1:03.975
What a transformation! Loved this thing in the wet, was great fun and not slow as a result. Lock the rear diff, add some power and you've got yourself a very capable 4wd smoke machine!

Last edited:

Very hard to maintain the car on the line. Show a constant pivot generated during any wheel or/and throttle inputs. Understeer out corner, need to take first an inside the line bearing then accelerate. The 3.0/2.0 camber just add grease under the tires . Low top speed, the 5 spaced gears only are not helping at all with the peaky power curve. Anyway, speed is a detail but the driving pleasure is not there.

DC:

GVS =7.0

TSUK =7.0
is that 104.065 seconds for the lap time?
Figured it out 1:04.065 lap time. missed key stroke just didn't think that one through far enough

Spec Street Tuners , FINAL RESULTS

@brian wolfSubaru Impreza Sedan WRX STi Version V `98

GVS sport hard tires :1.10.162

Tsukuba comfort soft tires: 1.02.946

Very good car , well balanced, The only moment it don´t stay on the line is when releasing the brakes on corner entry. You need to compense with the wheel but it mess a bit with the perfect line to apex. I think it´s due to ARB 4/2. a 2/4 balance resolve this. Very nice drive on Tsukuba but you need some laps to understand the way it work on corner entry.

DC:

GVS =8.5

TSUK =8.5

@SDsnakebutt -IMPREZA Sedan WRX STi Version V '98

GVS sport hard tires : 1.10.097

Tsukuba comfort soft tires: 1.02.585

Perfect balance , perhaps too safe in some occasions where a better eagerness can pay . Need to be more aggressive on corner entry in my opinion, allowing a bit more rotation and a free rear end.

DC:

GVS = 9

TSUK =9

@Ridox2JZGTEImpreza Sedan WRX STI Version V '98

GVS sport hard tires : 1.11.012

Tsukuba comfort soft tires: 1.03.680

The car shows a perfect balance for a car with no front ballast. It just can´t pass as fast in the medium and high speed corners, camber even low value don´t help for the grip. Out of this it´s a very good car reacting well to all yours inputs.

DC:

GVS = 8.0

TSUK =8.5

@Bowtie-muscleImpreza Sedan WRX STi Version V '98

GVS sport hard tires : 1.10.169

Tsukuba comfort soft tires: 1.02.242

I love this car , you can print on the road all what you want the car to do, very easily In ,mid and out corner are perfect. Very easy to go fast.

On GVS the car is a bit unstable under strong braking for the first turn. The RH + low springs are making free the weight transfer and you need to be very sharp on your driving input to not loose the line and the speed.

Congrats.

DC:

GVS =9

TSUK =9.5

@praiano63Impreza Sedan WRX STi V '98

GVS sport hard tires :1.09.884

Tsukuba comfort soft tires: 1.02.227

I´ll not comment my ccar.Just one thing, my car is very loose at tsukuba, very hard to nail a fast lap. Very fun car,i love it because i think i´m a great drifter with it... :lol:.

DC:

GVS =9.5

TSUK =9

@krenkmeImpreza Sedan WRX STi Version III '96

GVS sport hard tires :1.10.068

Tsukuba comfort soft tires: 1.02.593

Excelent car, the `96 model allow a ballast of 88kg on the rear, this is the max allowed by the shootout rurles and it give a 51/49 weight repartition. The result is a car very responsive on corner entry , you need to maintain it on the line and counter steer to don´t pass this line to not slow the speed of the car. This is a wonderfull toy like this, the only point is the out corner , the car don´t have a perfect projection , perhaps due to the front LSD value???!!! .Very good job Mr Krenkme, congratulations.

DC:

GVS =9.0

TSUK =9.0

@ABPIMPREZA Sedan WRX STi Version III '96

GVS sport hard tires :1.11.231

Tsukuba comfort soft tires: 1.03.498

Most of the settings are going against the car increasing understeer. In , mid and out corner. LSD , Brake balance , springs and mostly the front ballast position -12.

The result is a car that don´t want to grab the line and it loose time all sectors. The 5 speed gearbox also is loosing acceleration out corner comparing to the 6 gears.

Sorry .

DC:

GVS =7.5

TSUK =7.0

@@DolHausImpreza Sedan WRX STi Version IV '97

GVS sport hard tires :1.10.423

Tsukuba comfort soft tires: 1.02.501

Perfect balance, perhaps too neutral on GVS , could be a good option to play with TOE and ARB ??? to induce some kind of eagerness with throttle and help some weight transfer in slow corners.

The torque 44/56 really help a lot on Tsukuba whee the car become very alive out corner with an excellent retake. Very good, I´ve enjoyed a lot my test.

DC:

GVS =8.5

TSUK =9.5

DC:

GVS =7.0

TSUK =7.0

@suspensionEvolution GSR IV '96

GVS sport hard tires :1.10.806

Tsukuba comfort soft tires: 1.02.769

It´s an excellent car, very responsive, front wheels gives a precise driving input. Well balanced over springs and dampers…. A must. (for an evo in the game).

The only negative point is the retake out slow and medium sped corners. I´ve found very strange the front decell LSD 60, I thought it was a typo but ???!!! it wasn´t??!!

When i´ve setted this LSD to 5 , I had a gain of ½ second on tsukuba and 0.300 on GVS immediately in 2 laps.

Again excellent job. Congrats.
DC:

GVS =9.0

TSUK =9.0

@DaBomm4Lancer Evo V GSR '98

GVS sport hard tires :1.10.211

Tsukuba comfort soft tires: 1.02.550

This car is on a rail, good grip, good top speed and retake, nothing take you out of your way, you can concentrate yourself to stay on the best driving line all the time.

The price to pay is a light understeed mid corner and on slow corner entry. You just have to wait the car take the good direction, whel input answer well and help a lot, then full gas with a very good acceleration to take back the lost time.

I prefer the cars with a more free rear end that answer better to throttle inputs (speaking about 4WD) but I have to say this tune is a very efficient all around tune.

Well done.
DC:

GVS =9.0

TSUK =9.0

@shaunm80Lancer Evolution V GSR ‘98

GVS sport hard tires :1.10.507

Tsukuba comfort soft tires: 1.02.524

Very good drive on tsukuba, very safe car with no surprise showing a few understeer in medium speed corner but hairpins are ok and the car , playing with throttle and wheel and a little practice have a good pivot heading to a good out corner performance. The 6 gears and a very good traction are fitting well to this track.

On GVS the understeer out corner make you loose some precious time, the accel and top speed are still excellent. If you try to brake at the right place , taking a fast line till apex and perform a good early out corner, the car will show his limits been a bit lazy. The solution and also a very fun way to drive it is to perform a late braking throwing the rear over the tires. Then the car will point earlier to the right direction and the good accel will make you jump ahead. Very good car just need to be more fre in my opinion.
DC:

GVS =8.5

TSUK =9.0

I didn't notice till I was done with the time entry but I don't see a time for @Barr tune entry.

Street Spec

@krenkme STi
Grand Valley East
Time: 1:11.135
Good fun to drive, requires a lot of attention to keep it fast though. Felt a little bit floaty and the brakes could be a handful at times but a pleasant experience none the less

Tsukuba
Time: 1:03.355
DC: 10
Loved it in the wet, for me it had the perfect balance of slip and grip to allow me to be both sideways and quick at the same time. Grip when you need it, slip when you want it. Great job, well done

@praiano63 STi
Grand Valley East
Time: 1.11.121
Felt light and agile but a little bit nervous at times, I found I could never really be sure of what it was going to do next on the entry phase of the corners and under braking. Had great rotation and pointed in to the corners really well. I'm certain this car is fast but I just couldn't get comfortable in it in the short time we spent together

Tsukuba
Time: 1:03.663
DC: 9Great fun, very poised and easy to throw into corners. With a little more power to sustain the slide this thing would be amazing.

@brave bear Evo
Grand Valley East
Time: 1:12.632
I struggled with this one due to the AYC constantly interfering and pulling power away from where I wanted it. Its a shame really, the suspension and brakes felt good underneath.
Tsukuba
Time:
1:05.514
DC: 5Difficult to get used to with the AYC, just couldn't find a way to work with it constantly shifting things around.

@ABP STi
Grand Valley East
Time: 1:12.040
A lot of understeer meant that I had to keep lifting off in order to get the nose pointing in the right direction. The brakes could be a bit dicey and I found I kept locking up the rears under hard braking into the first corner. I think I was also dragging the belly pan over the curbs at times making it handle oddly.
Tsukuba
Time:
1:05.027
DC: 6Very stable and predictable but still had a ton of understeer meaning that I couldn't use the stability to get good corner exit.

@Bowtie-muscle STi
Grand Valley East
Time: 1:10.529
Loved it! A great balance of stability and nimbleness. I found I was just getting faster and faster with it and never found fault or was left asking for more.

Tsukuba
Time:
1:03.539
DC: 9Felt great in the wet as well, great rotation and a pleasing mix of slip and grip.

@shaunm80 Evo
Grand Valley East
Time: 1:11.216
Solid and grippy but had just a little too much understeer for my tastes. Oddly fast in a straight line though, always seemed to be at least 2mph faster crossing the line than the other cars. The brakes felt a little wooden, not much feeling to them, seemed to either be on or off with nothing in between.
Tsukuba
Time:
1:03.727
Again understeer was killing my fun. Got a decent enough time out of it but had to be super clean around every corner to make it work.

@DolHaus STi
Grand Valley East
Time: 1:10.609
Its my own car so i'm not going to say much, decent balance but maybe a little too safe.
Tsukuba
Time:
1:03.296
DC: 9I prefered it in the wet as it slid around more and felt less heavy

@suspension Evo
Grand Valley East
Time: 1:11.357
Felt good in the dry, could catch you out while braking during rotation though. Felt light and easy to push with but seemed to run out of grip beyond a certain point
Tsukuba
Time:
1:04.381
Good fun but felt a little odd. Just seemed to not know how it wanted to be driven as it had too much grip to slide around corners but too little to stay stable and planted.

@DaBomm4 Evo
Grand Valley East
Time: 1:10.684
Very stable and progressive with a hint of understeer when pushed. Needed a measured touch to make it work but when applied the car felt both planted and fast.
Tsukuba
Time:
1:03.307
DC: 7Odd one this, almost felt like it had too much grip in the wet. I found it had one great lap in it around lap 6 where the rear tyres were cooling down but the rest of the time it felt too solid at the rear and couldn't rotate.

@brian wolf STi
Grand Valley East
Time: 1:10.940
Feels kind of soft and understeery at first but once you are used to the way it moves you can use the weight transfer to really make it flow nicely through the bends.
Tsukuba
Time:
1:02.984
An odd mix of clean smooth driving and hyper aggressive touge style drifting worked here but it was all but impossible to be consistent.

@Barr Evo
Grand Valley East
Time: 1:11.187
Was extremely stable but had a fair bit of understeer to go along with it. Was capable of decent times but the amount of concentration needed to maintain the line was just too much to be fun, small mistakes often led to big time losses.
Tsukuba
Time:
1:04.594
DC: 6Consistent but the understeer held it back and made it difficult to work with.

@Ridox2JZGTE STi
Grand Valley East
Time: 1:11.481
Loved how balanced the car felt. Good rotation, solid brakes and a nice bit of slip from the rear. Unfortunately the lack of grip just let it down and it couldn't keep up with the others.
Tsukuba
Time: 1:04.576
DC: 7The wet track seemed to upset the balance of the car a bit and it developed fairly noticeable understeer.

@SDsnakebutt
Grand Valley East
Time: 1:11.066
Very stable and predictable with decent rotation. Felt a little bit too stable perhaps, the car never felt alive somehow.
Tsukuba
Time:
1:03.975
DC: 9What a transformation! Loved this thing in the wet, was great fun and not slow as a result. Lock the rear diff, add some power and you've got yourself a very capable 4wd smoke machine!
Times input. great reviews Thank you sir.

The score, Well, it brings my DC average down now but this is why they have lots of testers. To get a balanced overall result. On the plus side, you were fast with my tune so that makes my time a little better overall.
Could have been worse then lol

Back