FITT Challenge STi Vs Evo Battle! Results; Congratulations to Praiano63, Otaliema & Brian Wolf

• Thread starter Otaliema
  • 1,044 comments
Should shake up the scores a bit lol
Is it me, or are you and I battling side by side :dopey:, at a glance I would say we are really close time wise. Not sure where that puts us in the rankings but will be fun to see who gets to the line first :D.

Now as for your review, thank you and great job. I know it's odd testing your own car but you did not appear to show any bias. That gets you a 👍👍.......:cheers:

Is it me, or are you and I battling side by side :dopey:, at a glance I would say we are really close time wise. Not sure where that puts us in the rankings but will be fun to see who gets to the line first :D.

Now as for your review, thank you and great job. I know it's odd testing your own car but you did not appear to show any bias. That gets you a 👍👍.......:cheers:
We're pretty close I think, hopefully it will go down to the wire so it stays open and interesting.

I can't show bias towards my car unless I'm 100% certain its worth it, I tested it in the middle of the group so I wouldn't be completely familiar with it and graded it at the end based on how other peoples felt in comparison. Some of them were genuinely more enjoyable to drive, some not so much. Its not a real victory unless you win by fair means

We're pretty close I think, hopefully it will go down to the wire so it stays open and interesting.

I can't show bias towards my car unless I'm 100% certain its worth it, I tested it in the middle of the group so I wouldn't be completely familiar with it and graded it at the end based on how other peoples felt in comparison. Some of them were genuinely more enjoyable to drive, some not so much. Its not a real victory unless you win by fair means
That is how you do it, or how I did it anyway. Again, great job and thanks for testing.

Now @Otaliema , do your mad scientist thing so we can see how close we are :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Spec Street Tuners , FINAL RESULTS

@DaBomm4Lancer Evo V GSR '98

GVS sport hard tires :1.10.211

Tsukuba comfort soft tires: 1.02.550

This car is on a rail, good grip, good top speed and retake, nothing take you out of your way, you can concentrate yourself to stay on the best driving line all the time.

The price to pay is a light understeed mid corner and on slow corner entry. You just have to wait the car take the good direction, whel input answer well and help a lot, then full gas with a very good acceleration to take back the lost time.

I prefer the cars with a more free rear end that answer better to throttle inputs (speaking about 4WD) but I have to say this tune is a very efficient all around tune.

Well done.
DC:

GVS =9.0

TSUK =9.0
:eek:
Street Spec

@DaBomm4 Evo
Grand Valley East
Time: 1:10.684
DC: 8

Very stable and progressive with a hint of understeer when pushed. Needed a measured touch to make it work but when applied the car felt both planted and fast.
Tsukuba
Time:
1:03.307
DC: 7
Odd one this, almost felt like it had too much grip in the wet. I found it had one great lap in it around lap 6 where the rear tyres were cooling down but the rest of the time it felt too solid at the rear and couldn't rotate.
:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: Thank you, thank you both for the great reviews. I spent a lot of time on both of my tunes but I was still not happy with this one and I didn't want to over tune it. So the consensus here was too tight of a rear end. :)

:eek:

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: Thank you, thank you both for the great reviews. I spent a lot of time on both of my tunes but I was still not happy with this one and I didn't want to over tune it. So the consensus here was too tight of a rear end. :)
Just a little bit too stable, doesn't need much but being a little bit less 'safe' would get great results

For two if the three classes anyways pro spec is a large spread so far will see what happens after @srmellott posts his review

All of the times were very close on my end- I will say that. My dirt times were rubbish since I haven't spent a lot of time there- just the career mode races once through and the Evoque seasonal where I golded and got out. But they were all equally rubbish laps. :) The Streets of Willow we're even closer. Now that's a track I know. Got my first Top 500 there in the "Coffee Car" TT. (364th place) Must've ran 500 to 600 laps there to get that position however. :)

Street Spec

@Ridox2JZGTE STi
Grand Valley East
Time: 1:11.481
DC: 9

Loved how balanced the car felt. Good rotation, solid brakes and a nice bit of slip from the rear. Unfortunately the lack of grip just let it down and it couldn't keep up with the others.
Tsukuba
Time: 1:04.576
DC: 7
The wet track seemed to upset the balance of the car a bit and it developed fairly noticeable understeer.

Thank you for the review :) Much like real world it tried to replicate, a setup built for the dry will usually understeer on the wet ( even more so for FF and AWD ), a different driving technique required to lessen the understeer :)
The weird thing in GT6, intentionally brake deep to shift the weight up front and cause understeer then quickly apply e-brake to point the nose out in the right direction. With the wonky grip on the wet, the car unrealistically power on with tremendous traction ( for a wet surface ) which seems to be more than in the dry :banghead:, the good example is the 1st Tsukuba corner. I think I attached a replay with such entry. Try run the Tsukuba in the dry instead of wet, and make a note of the time difference, much less than what would happen in real life :D

This is the test driving results for the Street Racers class.
Autumn ring grip set real, time default, no weather, no surface water
Silverstone the Stowe surface water 100%, grip set real, time default, no weather
Aids ABS 1 all other aids off.

Street Racers

@DolHaus Subaru Impreza WRX STi '07
Autumn Ring Lap time; 1:20.473
DC; 9.0
The Stowe Lap time; 1:13.156
DC; 5

Impressions of the tune; On the wet I could not keep the car going straight if used more than 75% throttle. it would just spin out. Turning was more a semi-controlled drift the tail wanted to swing around like a sledgehammer in every turn. If you’re a drifter this is a great tune on a wet track it feints like it’s nothing. But for a non drift driver this was near impossible to get around the track. I think a 50:50 torque split and matched compound tires would have given this car a great deal of stability in turns and throttle use. On the dry pavement this car was fantastic, responsive, stable, fast, laying down lap after lap of 1:20.xxx with out much effort, but I couldn’t get it faster if I pushed harder it just started to sorta slide. Oddly it didn’t hurt the time. Sorta a grippy slip tune. Very well done for the dry.

@ImToLegitToQuit Lancer Evolution X GSR '07

Autumn Ring Lap time; 1:21.462
DC; 8
The Stowe Lap time; 1:08.874
DC; 6
Impressions of the tune; On the dry of Autumn ring this car was fantastic to drive I could take every corner at a higher rate of speed than any other car I drove, this sadly didn’t full make up for the lower top speed and lower acceleration the car had. On the wet this car was just as good but tire choice hurt it here low grip and a tendency to fishtail on hard braking and acceleration made getting a fast lap very diffacult.

@xande1959 Subaru IMPREZA Sedan WRX STI '10

Autumn Ring Lap time; 1:21.684
DC; 8
The Stowe Lap time; 1:02.246
DC; 8.5
Impressions of the tune; Great turn in and rotation on the wet, as long as I didn’t smash the breaks it was really stable under braking on the wet, it was solid no matter what on the pavement just a bit too tight to get a really fast with it. Was a little bit too safe in most of the corners. The car had a very defined performance window, If i went over it it would understeer into the grass, if I was under it the car would oversteer to the apex.

@suspension EVOLUTION IX GSR 2005

Autumn Ring Lap time; 1:29.518
DC; 5
The Stowe Lap time; 1:13.755
DC; 5
Impressions of the tune; I believe the main problems with the tune are the tires and torque split, these cars are run best at 35:65 or more to the front. The other thing with this car was the tire choice for the tracks was not the best. Low grip on both tracks. The car has great rotation and turn in, but suffers from mid-exit understeer which can be useful allowing the cars momentum to carry out rather than steering it out. Combine the very stiff front end with the soft back end and high torque to the rear and I found myself sideways a lot.

@shaunm80 Impreza Sedan WRX STI (Type-II) '02

Autumn Ring Lap time; 1:24.587
DC; 8.75
The Stowe Lap time; 1:07.690
DC; 8.25
Impressions of the tune; First the not so good. The tire choice was not the best for the tracks. I found at The Stowe I was sliding and spinning my wheels as much as I driving forward. Nothing to complain about on the dry it was crisp, responsive and fun to drive. Second the transmission was a bit short was falling out of the power band in 5th and 6th gears hurting the acceleration greatly. When I swapped the rubber out for the CS/SM combo and did a couple of quick laps I logged these times 1:02 wet 1:22 dry. Now the good. This car was fantastic with crispness of steering and responsiveness to my inputs. It did what I wanted when I wanted it too. The transmission gearing was superb, it was just too short in the final gear to make the most of the power band on the car. Well done sir, with the right rubber this car is a serious contender.

@787bcgr Impreza STI '07

Autumn Ring Lap time; 1:20.628
DC; 8.0
The Stowe Lap time; 1:03.528
DC; 7.0
Impressions of the tune; The very high rear brake setting made the tail unstable when braking hard on the wet tarmac, overall the car was stable and responive on the wet track. a 6 speed transmission would have helped this car get along better or even the FCT with just the TS slider moved. Stable responsive and consistant is what this car is on the dry pavement. Just loose enough that you can slide it in or out of a corner if you want safe enough to keep you out of the grass and going the right direction. Just hurt on the transmission being stock.

@krenkme Impreza Sport Wagon STi Version VI '99

Autumn Ring Lap time; 1:21.628
DC; 9
The Stowe Lap time; 1:09.157
DC; 7
Impressions of the tune; This car was mad just plain mad. It was balanced, sharp, did what I wanted and few things I didn’t :lol: I became convinced during my testing that I could drift the “ring” on SM tires almost did too. I’ll get back to that later….Over all this was a very fun car to drive at the ring, when I took it to Stowe….well lets just say I found driving on the grass almost easier ;) but I digress, Slap some CS tires on this puppy and she flew 1:01...tire choice killed it. I will be keeping this tune around for fun in A spec races.

@brave bear Impreza Sedan WRX STI '10

Autumn Ring Lap time; 1:25.533
DC; 6.8
The Stowe Lap time;1:06.916
DC;6
Impressions of the tune; Tire choice did this car in. It was solid but a little bit on the safe side. There was a hint of understeer mid-exit which didn’t bother me much after I adjusted my line for it. The mid to low entry grip alos hurt the car, if I got the entry right it would just tear through the corners like a hot knife through butter. good top speed selection on the transmission.

@Slender_Man Impreza Sedan STi '10

Autumn Ring Lap time; 1:22..919
DC; 7
The Stowe Lap time; 1:02.863
DC; 7
Impressions of the tune; Great tune, excellent turn in, rotation, the transmission was spot on with the power band of the car. There was a persistent understeer to the car that forced me to slow down mid turn. I think it may have been the combo of the camber and chassis reinforcement, remove one or the other and it was a fantastically fast tune.

@DaBomm4 Lancer Evo VI GSR T.M.E. '00

Autumn Ring Lap time; 1:24.559
DC; 9
The Stowe Lap time; 1:10.162
DC; 7
Impressions of the tune; This car was crisp responsive and has very good rotation, felt the tail was doing it’s fair share of moving around and was not being dragged along for the ride. Tire choice is what slowed this car down, with the right rubber this car would have been in the mix.

@oppositelock Lancer Evolution VI GSR T.M. Edition '00

Autumn Ring Lap time; 1:25.761
DC; 8.5
The Stowe Lap time;1:08.947
DC; 7.5
Impressions of the tune; Solid stable tune. Interesting transmission setup i’ll have to remember that one. ;) Made full use of the power band of the car. Great rotation into and exiting corners. Even on the wet it rotated very well. Tire choice was the killer on this car, the only slight I had with the car was it didn’t like hard corners the outside front would overload very fast and the car would slide out, if I could break the tail free I could drift the corner with good control but scrubbing a ton of speed in the process.

@Otaliema Impreza Sedan STi '10 FITT tune

Autumn Ring Lap time; 1:20.332
DC; 8.5
The Stowe Lap time; 1:01.381
DC; 8.75
Impressions of the tune; High precision needed with this car on the dry it’s unforgiving if you miss your entry you pretty much have to stop the car to get it back, however get it right and eats the corners for breakfast, and asks for seconds. On the wet it has excellent turn in, low wheel spin and good breaking. Resulting in very good times on both tracks. Slightly longer learning curve with this car than others in the group but feels good when you get it right. Not as much fun as other cars but it’s fast.

@Bowtie-muscle Impreza STi '07

Autumn Ring Lap time; 1:20.195
DC; 9.5
The Stowe Lap time;1:02.068
DC; 8.0
Impressions of the tune; Solid turn, great rotation. Very stable under braking on the dry. Very squirrely on the wet if you used more than 50% brake power. I loved the stability and consistency in this car, just feather the throttle for the mid speed corners and you would zip right through them even in the wet. The transmission was very well built, it just felt sluggish, or rather like i wasn’t accelerating as fast as it was actually doing it. I’d take this car to a race any day of the week as long as the rain held off :D

@Motor City Hami Lancer Evolution VI GSR T.M. Edition

Autumn Ring Lap time; 1:22.135
DC; 7.5
The Stowe Lap time;1:03.306
DC;7.5
Impressions of the tune;Great rotation and stability in corners and under braking. The car had this odd wobble to it when coming out of a hard high speed corner. Felt like the car was fighting itself, I think the combo of the AYC and Torque sensing center diff was the cause of the issue. Overall this is a solid tune that I would use any day of the week for any race wet or dry.

@Ridox2JZGTE Lancer Evolution VI GSR
Autumn Ring Lap time; 1:24.411
DC; 8.5
The Stowe Lap time; 1:07.547
DC; 8
Impressions of the tune; I donn’t ever want to drive this car it’s base off in real life, cause I’d crash it lol. Great tune rotation was spot on. Stable under braking. Even though it was on a stock transmission that didn’t seem to phase this car at all. The only thing I found with it was low grip on entry forcing me to slow more than I would have liked to make the turn once I was in the turn it would eat them up.

Last edited:
STREET RACERS

Partial Review. (2 to follow)

Track settings Grip set to real ABS 1 all other aids off. 100% wet track at Stowe

All tunes had their own car.
All tunes were given as long as it took to get what I felt was the best I could get out of them.
Which was roughly 30 mins at each track. Some more, some less. Some I felt needed a revisit a
few days later, and some I nailed within 3 laps then spent the next 20 mins chasing the ghost!

All tunes were tested at Stowe first then Autumn Ring without changing cars.
All tunes tested with DFGT.
All tunes tested as posted.

I have written tyre choices with the lap times to put them in context.

Standard Rims

Silverstone Stowe
Laptime : 1:10.906 CS/SH
DC : 5
Autumn Ring
Laptime : 1:19.828 SM/SM
DC : 9.5

Tyre choice really hurt this tune on the wet stuff, it just spun. Autumn Ring on the other hand
was awesome. Great brakes, gearing and some lift of oversteer gave this tune a permanent place
in my garage. Well done!

Silverstone Stowe
Laptime : 1:07.811 SH/SH
DC : 6
Autumn Ring
Laptime : 1:21.253 SM/SM
DC : 8

Quite unstable in the wet and made slower by long braking zones. However, much better in the
dry. That instability reduced the understeer prevalent in all the EVO`s tho brakes again were an
issue. I never got into 6th gear and I couldn`t quite place it exactly where i wanted to on the
road. But, it felt fast and that is always fun! Well done!

Silverstone Stowe
Laptime :
DC :
Autumn Ring
Laptime :
DC :

Silverstone Stowe
Laptime : 1:08.076 SM/SM
Autumn Ring
Laptime : 1:22.854 SH/SH
DC : 7.5

I struggled to get it in the corners at Stowe, and coudn`t get the power down coming out
again. Short gearing not helping exit traction. But, that short gearing was perfect at Autumn
Ring where its ability over the kerbs really helped it. You need to be smooth with this tune
and I struggled with that. I think a bit more rear bias in the torque split would have helped me.
A Smoother driver will get better times for you! Top tuning!

@787bcgr Impreza STI '07

Silverstone Stowe
Laptime : 1:02.348 CS/CS
DC : 7
Autumn Ring
Laptime : 1:20.186 SM/SM

There is a nice balance to this car in the wet although its a bit wobbly under hard braking.
With a good turn in and mid corner grip this car felt balanced wet or dry tho I did experience
some wobblyness on exit in the dry. Caused, I think by soft ARBs. No problems braking in the
dry tho. Good tune!

Silverstone Stowe
Laptime : 1:10.851 SH/SH
DC : 6.5
Autumn Ring
Laptime : 1:20.334 SM/SM
DC : 9

I`ve written in my notes about this car at Stowe "Nice balance until wobble then crash". And
I think thats fair. However with some practice I could slide it nicely, there was enough front
grip to scaninavian flick it and hold the slide......then crash! In the dry tho, what a machine!
That grippy front end ment I could brake late and power early out. A bit of wobble on exit if I
had to correct it but a car with real character, and thats no bad thing! Well done!

@brave bear Lancer Evolution IV GSR '96

Silverstone Stowe
Laptime :
DC :
Autumn Ring
Laptime :
DC :

Silverstone Stowe
Laptime : 1:02.423 CS/CS
Autumn Ring
Laptime : 1:21.199 SM/SM

A very stable tune in the wet, easy to place but not very forgiving on corner exit if I got
carried away, I would have prefered exit oversteer to understeer. The AYC really helped this
car rotate, wet or dry but to me it feels weird. It felt like it was going to over rotate but
then still understeered. I could get on the loud pedal very early in the dry tho, just had to
take a line that would allow it room to push a little on exit. Very easy to drive at its limit,
I think this tune is as fast as an EVO VI could be in this challenge. Well done!

+1 Rims

Silverstone Stowe
Laptime : 1:06.891 SH/CS
Autumn Ring
Laptime : 1:21.470 SM/SM

In the wet the tyre choice made it very stable, tho understeer alot! At Autumn Ring it was
good on the kerbs and very easy to drive. The gearing was a little short but I could be very
consistant with laptimes and could drive late 1:21`s all day. This car practicaly drives itself
its that easy! Could be more exiting but a solid tune. Well done!

@oppositelock Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI GSR T.M. Edition '00

Silverstone Stowe
Laptime : 1:08.555 SM/SM
Autumn Ring
Laptime : 1:23.560 SH/SH

The heavyweight of the group, and that really helped get the power down in the wet. Longer
gearing would have helped further. A very well behaved car, easy to drive wet or dry but didn`t
like to be pushed hard. The most predictable of the EVO`s and that always makes driving fast
easier! Well done!

@Bowtie-muscle Impreza STI '07

Silverstone Stowe
Laptime : 1:00.790 CS/CS
Autumn Ring
Laptime : 1:19.480 SM/SM

"Stuck like glue" i`ve written in my notes about this tune at STOWE! The most front end grip
of any tune in this class. However, with the back end also sticking like glue it ment that it was
really easy to post fast lap after fast lap! 1:01s all day with this tune. To get any quicker it
was quite hard to get the back end free to slide it through the twistys. I expect a smoother
driver than me could pull a 59sec out the bag with this. My fastest lap at Autumn Ring felt
unremarkable after the miracle of Stowe. I just pointed it where i wanted it to go and it stuck.
Awesome!(still feel like your sliding down the ladder?)

@Otaliema Impreza Sedan STi '10

Silverstone Stowe
Laptime : 1:00.552 CS/CS
DC : 10
Autumn Ring
Laptime : 1:19.605 SM/SM

A bit wobbly. But superb brakes and superb balance made this my favourite car at Stowe.
Fast AND fun. Easily the best car through the first hairpin where I had a "driving god" moment.
(followed by a cock up at the end of the straight). I forgot to save the best lap replay at Stowe.
So I went back a few days later and got within .03 sec in ten laps. In the dry it required a
more balanced approach, aggressive yet precise else it would push a bit in the fast corners.
Great work!

+2 Rims

Silverstone Stowe
Laptime : 1:06.715 SM/SM
Autumn Ring
Laptime : 1:23.729 SH/SH

The most balanced tune here. In the wet you can steer on the throttle in the dry just point it
and floor it. The only tune where I had no "red" laps at all at Autumn Ring, and I drove loads
cos I didn`t want to stop! One of the best tunes i`ve ever driven, and another that has found a
space in my garage. Awesome!

Chassis Reinforcement;
+1 Rims

Silverstone Stowe
Laptime : 1:00.975 CS/CS
Autumn Ring
Laptime : 1:20.564 SM/SM

Lots of rear grip, not helped by long gearing, made this not as much fun as it was fast. I had
to completely change my line through the first hairpin at stowe, take it wide and smooth, and it
was tricky through the twistys. Great over the kerbs at Autumn Ring but too planted for me to be
really fast. Again I think a smoother driver will get more from this tune. Well done!

Silverstone Stowe
Laptime : 1:05.038 CS/CS
Autumn Ring
Laptime : 1:23.067 SM/SM

Very difficult to drive giving it the full beans! That high RPM turbo really makes this tricky
in the wet. But keep it off the boost a little this well balanced chassis was really responsive.
At Autumn Ring its was just 3rd, 4th and 5th gears so easy to concentrate on hitting your marks.
I will test at Autumn Ring on CS for you this weekend. Top Replica!
will you be getting to @brave bear and @suspension tests soon?

@Bowtie-muscle you have clawed to +0.082 off my tail :lol: I can't even see your grill at this point.

Full results with @BarrLancer Evo V GSR '98
Spec Street Tuners , FINAL RESULTS

@brian wolfSubaru Impreza Sedan WRX STi Version V `98

GVS sport hard tires :1.10.162

Tsukuba comfort soft tires: 1.02.946

Very good car , well balanced, The only moment it don´t stay on the line is when releasing the brakes on corner entry. You need to compense with the wheel but it mess a bit with the perfect line to apex. I think it´s due to ARB 4/2. a 2/4 balance resolve this. Very nice drive on Tsukuba but you need some laps to understand the way it work on corner entry.

DC:

GVS =8.5

TSUK =8.5

@SDsnakebutt -IMPREZA Sedan WRX STi Version V '98

GVS sport hard tires : 1.10.097

Tsukuba comfort soft tires: 1.02.585

Perfect balance , perhaps too safe in some occasions where a better eagerness can pay . Need to be more aggressive on corner entry in my opinion, allowing a bit more rotation and a free rear end.

DC:

GVS = 9

TSUK =9

@Ridox2JZGTEImpreza Sedan WRX STI Version V '98

GVS sport hard tires : 1.11.012

Tsukuba comfort soft tires: 1.03.680

The car shows a perfect balance for a car with no front ballast. It just can´t pass as fast in the medium and high speed corners, camber even low value don´t help for the grip. Out of this it´s a very good car reacting well to all yours inputs.

DC:

GVS = 8.0

TSUK =8.5

@Bowtie-muscleImpreza Sedan WRX STi Version V '98

GVS sport hard tires : 1.10.169

Tsukuba comfort soft tires: 1.02.242

I love this car , you can print on the road all what you want the car to do, very easily In ,mid and out corner are perfect. Very easy to go fast.

On GVS the car is a bit unstable under strong braking for the first turn. The RH + low springs are making free the weight transfer and you need to be very sharp on your driving input to not loose the line and the speed.

Congrats.

DC:

GVS =9

TSUK =9.5

@praiano63Impreza Sedan WRX STi V '98

GVS sport hard tires :1.09.884

Tsukuba comfort soft tires: 1.02.227

I´ll not comment my ccar.Just one thing, my car is very loose at tsukuba, very hard to nail a fast lap. Very fun car,i love it because i think i´m a great drifter with it... :lol:.

DC:

GVS =9.5

TSUK =9

@krenkmeImpreza Sedan WRX STi Version III '96

GVS sport hard tires :1.10.068

Tsukuba comfort soft tires: 1.02.593

Excelent car, the `96 model allow a ballast of 88kg on the rear, this is the max allowed by the shootout rurles and it give a 51/49 weight repartition. The result is a car very responsive on corner entry , you need to maintain it on the line and counter steer to don´t pass this line to not slow the speed of the car. This is a wonderfull toy like this, the only point is the out corner , the car don´t have a perfect projection , perhaps due to the front LSD value???!!! .Very good job Mr Krenkme, congratulations.

DC:

GVS =9.0

TSUK =9.0

@ABPIMPREZA Sedan WRX STi Version III '96

GVS sport hard tires :1.11.231

Tsukuba comfort soft tires: 1.03.498

Most of the settings are going against the car increasing understeer. In , mid and out corner. LSD , Brake balance , springs and mostly the front ballast position -12.

The result is a car that don´t want to grab the line and it loose time all sectors. The 5 speed gearbox also is loosing acceleration out corner comparing to the 6 gears.

Sorry .

DC:

GVS =7.5

TSUK =7.0

@@DolHausImpreza Sedan WRX STi Version IV '97

GVS sport hard tires :1.10.423

Tsukuba comfort soft tires: 1.02.501

Perfect balance, perhaps too neutral on GVS , could be a good option to play with TOE and ARB ??? to induce some kind of eagerness with throttle and help some weight transfer in slow corners.

The torque 44/56 really help a lot on Tsukuba whee the car become very alive out corner with an excellent retake. Very good, I´ve enjoyed a lot my test.

DC:

GVS =8.5

TSUK =9.5

@brave bearLancer Evolution IV GSR '96

GVS sport hard tires :1.12.054

Tsukuba comfort soft tires: 104.065

Very hard to maintain the car on the line. Show a constant pivot generated during any wheel or/and throttle inputs. Understeer out corner, need to take first an inside the line bearing then accelerate. The 3.0/2.0 camber just add grease under the tires . Low top speed, the 5 spaced gears only are not helping at all with the peaky power curve. Anyway, speed is a detail but the driving pleasure is not there.

Sorry for my bads comments but I can´t find anything pleasant on this car.
DC:

GVS =7.0

TSUK =7.0

@suspensionEvolution GSR IV '96

GVS sport hard tires :1.10.806

Tsukuba comfort soft tires: 1.02.769

It´s an excellent car, very responsive, front wheels gives a precise driving input. Well balanced over springs and dampers…. A must. (for an evo in the game).

The only negative point is the retake out slow and medium sped corners. I´ve found very strange the front decell LSD 60, I thought it was a typo but ???!!! it wasn´t??!!

When i´ve setted this LSD to 5 , I had a gain of ½ second on tsukuba and 0.300 on GVS immediately in 2 laps.

Again excellent job. Congrats.
DC:

GVS =9.0

TSUK =9.0

@DaBomm4Lancer Evo V GSR '98

GVS sport hard tires :1.10.211

Tsukuba comfort soft tires: 1.02.550

This car is on a rail, good grip, good top speed and retake, nothing take you out of your way, you can concentrate yourself to stay on the best driving line all the time.

The price to pay is a light understeed mid corner and on slow corner entry. You just have to wait the car take the good direction, whel input answer well and help a lot, then full gas with a very good acceleration to take back the lost time.

I prefer the cars with a more free rear end that answer better to throttle inputs (speaking about 4WD) but I have to say this tune is a very efficient all around tune.

Well done.
DC:

GVS =9.0

TSUK =9.0

@shaunm80Lancer Evolution V GSR ‘98

GVS sport hard tires :1.10.507

Tsukuba comfort soft tires: 1.02.524

Very good drive on tsukuba, very safe car with no surprise showing a few understeer in medium speed corner but hairpins are ok and the car , playing with throttle and wheel and a little practice have a good pivot heading to a good out corner performance. The 6 gears and a very good traction are fitting well to this track.

On GVS the understeer out corner make you loose some precious time, the accel and top speed are still excellent. If you try to brake at the right place , taking a fast line till apex and perform a good early out corner, the car will show his limits been a bit lazy. The solution and also a very fun way to drive it is to perform a late braking throwing the rear over the tires. Then the car will point earlier to the right direction and the good accel will make you jump ahead. Very good car just need to be more fre in my opinion.
DC:

GVS =8.5

TSUK =9.0

@BarrLancer Evo V GSR '98

GVS sport hard tires :1.11.163

Tsukuba comfort soft tires: 1.02.851

On Tsukuba the car show understeer in and mid corner, need to wait recover the right angle patiently before accelerating out corner. Out of this the car is stable and safe, too safe.
At GVS the understeer is more problematic just because you can´t do anything against it playing with weight transfer. You have to wait and wait the car to complete each turn loosing a lot of driving line and time.

DC:

GVS =7.0

TSUK =7.5

STREET RACERS

Track settings Grip set to real ABS 1 all other aids off. 100% wet track at Stowe

All tunes had their own car.
All tunes were given as long as it took to get what I felt was the best I could get out of them.
Which was roughly 30 mins at each track. Some more, some less. Some I felt needed a revisit a
few days later, and some I nailed within 3 laps then spent the next 20 mins chasing the ghost!

All tunes were tested at Stowe first then Autumn Ring without changing cars.
All tunes tested with DFGT.
All tunes tested as posted.

I have written tyre choices with the lap times to put them in context.

Standard Rims

Silverstone Stowe
Laptime : 1:10.906 CS/SH
DC : 5
Autumn Ring
Laptime : 1:19.828 SM/SM

Tyre choice really hurt this tune on the wet stuff, it just spun. Autumn Ring on the other hand
was awesome. Great brakes, gearing and some lift of oversteer gave this tune a permanent place
in my garage. Well done!

Silverstone Stowe
Laptime : 1:07.811 SH/SH
Autumn Ring
Laptime : 1:21.253 SM/SM

Quite unstable in the wet and made slower by long braking zones. However, much better in the
dry. That instability reduced the understeer prevalent in all the EVO`s tho brakes again were an
issue. I never got into 6th gear and I couldn`t quite place it exactly where i wanted to on the
road. But, it felt fast and that is always fun! Well done!

Silverstone Stowe
Laptime : 1:12.851 SM/SM
Autumn Ring
Laptime : 1:25.603 SH/SH

A very stiff chassis didn`t make it very forgiving in the wet and the high RPM turbo gave wheelspin in every gear if i wasn`t careful! But, a nicely balanced car and I found the best times came from just giving it 85%. One hand on the wheel, one hand on the shifter. Lifting on each change. I did 15 clean laps in a row a Stowe, getting steadily quicker each lap. At Autumn Ring a similar technique of smooth driving (not my strongpoint!) gave the best times. Well done!

Silverstone Stowe
Laptime : 1:08.076 SM/SM
Autumn Ring
Laptime : 1:22.854 SH/SH

I struggled to get it in the corners at Stowe, and coudn`t get the power down coming out
again. Short gearing not helping exit traction. But, that short gearing was perfect at Autumn
Ring where its ability over the kerbs really helped it. You need to be smooth with this tune
and I struggled with that. I think a bit more rear bias in the torque split would have helped me.
A Smoother driver will get better times for you! Top tuning!

@787bcgr Impreza STI '07

Silverstone Stowe
Laptime : 1:02.348 CS/CS
Autumn Ring
Laptime : 1:20.186 SM/SM

There is a nice balance to this car in the wet although its a bit wobbly under hard braking.
With a good turn in and mid corner grip this car felt balanced wet or dry tho I did experience
some wobblyness on exit in the dry. Caused, I think by soft ARBs. No problems braking in the
dry tho. Good tune!

Silverstone Stowe
Laptime : 1:10.851 SH/SH
Autumn Ring
Laptime : 1:20.334 SM/SM

I`ve written in my notes about this car at Stowe "Nice balance until wobble then crash". And
I think thats fair. However with some practice I could slide it nicely, there was enough front
grip to scaninavian flick it and hold the slide......then crash! In the dry tho, what a machine!
That grippy front end ment I could brake late and power early out. A bit of wobble on exit if I
had to correct it but a car with real character, and thats no bad thing! Well done!

@brave bear Lancer Evolution IV GSR '96

Silverstone Stowe
Laptime : 1:06.775 SM/SM
Autumn Ring
Laptime : 1:24.197 SH/SH

Longer gearing would have helped at Stowe. A decent chassis tho, and with some practice I could slide it round Stowe to a decent time with SM`s on. At Autumn Ring the change to 30:70 torque split didn`t help the balance of the car( I did 5 laps at 40:60 stowe setting by mistake!!) More rear bias made slow corner exit slower. Getting it in to corners was tricky also. Get you braking right and some nice brake lift off oversteer made it easy. Brake too early and the rear diff pushed the front wide. All in all tho a decent compromise tune.
Well done!!

Silverstone Stowe
Laptime : 1:02.423 CS/CS
Autumn Ring
Laptime : 1:21.199 SM/SM

A very stable tune in the wet, easy to place but not very forgiving on corner exit if I got
carried away, I would have prefered exit oversteer to understeer. The AYC really helped this
car rotate, wet or dry but to me it feels weird. It felt like it was going to over rotate but
then still understeered. I could get on the loud pedal very early in the dry tho, just had to
take a line that would allow it room to push a little on exit. Very easy to drive at its limit,
I think this tune is as fast as an EVO VI could be in this challenge. Well done!

+1 Rims

Silverstone Stowe
Laptime : 1:06.891 SH/CS
Autumn Ring
Laptime : 1:21.470 SM/SM

In the wet the tyre choice made it very stable, tho understeer alot! At Autumn Ring it was
good on the kerbs and very easy to drive. The gearing was a little short but I could be very
consistant with laptimes and could drive late 1:21`s all day. This car practicaly drives itself
its that easy! Could be more exiting but a solid tune. Well done!

@oppositelock Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI GSR T.M. Edition '00

Silverstone Stowe
Laptime : 1:08.555 SM/SM
Autumn Ring
Laptime : 1:23.560 SH/SH

The heavyweight of the group, and that really helped get the power down in the wet. Longer
gearing would have helped further. A very well behaved car, easy to drive wet or dry but didn`t
like to be pushed hard. The most predictable of the EVO`s and that always makes driving fast
easier! Well done!

@Bowtie-muscle Impreza STI '07

Silverstone Stowe
Laptime : 1:00.790 CS/CS
Autumn Ring
Laptime : 1:19.480 SM/SM

"Stuck like glue" i`ve written in my notes about this tune at STOWE! The most front end grip
of any tune in this class. However, with the back end also sticking like glue it ment that it was
really easy to post fast lap after fast lap! 1:01s all day with this tune. To get any quicker it
was quite hard to get the back end free to slide it through the twistys. I expect a smoother
driver than me could pull a 59sec out the bag with this. My fastest lap at Autumn Ring felt
unremarkable after the miracle of Stowe. I just pointed it where i wanted it to go and it stuck.
Awesome!(still feel like your sliding down the ladder?)

@Otaliema Impreza Sedan STi '10

Silverstone Stowe
Laptime : 1:00.552 CS/CS
DC : 10
Autumn Ring
Laptime : 1:19.605 SM/SM

A bit wobbly. But superb brakes and superb balance made this my favourite car at Stowe.
Fast AND fun. Easily the best car through the first hairpin where I had a "driving god" moment.
(followed by a cock up at the end of the straight). I forgot to save the best lap replay at Stowe.
So I went back a few days later and got within .03 sec in ten laps. In the dry it required a
more balanced approach, aggressive yet precise else it would push a bit in the fast corners.
Great work!

+2 Rims

Silverstone Stowe
Laptime : 1:06.715 SM/SM
Autumn Ring
Laptime : 1:23.729 SH/SH

The most balanced tune here. In the wet you can steer on the throttle in the dry just point it
and floor it. The only tune where I had no "red" laps at all at Autumn Ring, and I drove loads
cos I didn`t want to stop! One of the best tunes i`ve ever driven, and another that has found a
space in my garage. Awesome!

Chassis Reinforcement;
+1 Rims

Silverstone Stowe
Laptime : 1:00.975 CS/CS
Autumn Ring
Laptime : 1:20.564 SM/SM

Lots of rear grip, not helped by long gearing, made this not as much fun as it was fast. I had
to completely change my line through the first hairpin at stowe, take it wide and smooth, and it
was tricky through the twistys. Great over the kerbs at Autumn Ring but too planted for me to be
really fast. Again I think a smoother driver will get more from this tune. Well done!

Silverstone Stowe
Laptime : 1:05.038 CS/CS
Autumn Ring
Laptime : 1:23.067 SM/SM

Very difficult to drive giving it the full beans! That high RPM turbo really makes this tricky
in the wet. But keep it off the boost a little this well balanced chassis was really responsive.
At Autumn Ring its was just 3rd, 4th and 5th gears so easy to concentrate on hitting your marks.
I will test at Autumn Ring on CS for you this weekend. Top Replica!

Finished reviews for Street Racers!! Well done everyone!!

@Ridox2JZGTE Bonus test on CS at Autumn Ring

Autumn Ring
Laptime : 1:28.590 CS/CS

A very rewarding drive! This car retains its balance even on low grip tyres on tarmac. More
gear changing is required as I now need 2nd gear in the slow corners because i can`t keep the
speed/revs up in 3rd. Braking technique is now critical to a good time as trail breaking gives
great results in the slow corners My lap times got consistantly quicker as i learned my new
braking points and grip limits. This tune will go faster as ultimately I never quite got to grips
with the braking point for the 1st corner! On CS tyres you either get it bang on or end up in the
sand or loose the trail break. For a 400bhp car on CS tyres its remarkably well behaved.
Super stuff!!

Pro Rally Cross Reviews
All cars were ran for 15 laps. 5 laps were feeler laps, 5 normal hot laps and 5 laps of pushing as hard as I could. ABS 1 TCS 0, first time test driver- if there are any problems with my reviews please let me know. Sorry about my dirt times!!!!

Otaliema

Willow: 1:09.030 DC 8.0
Eiger: 1:06.537 DC 9.5
Total 2:15.567 DC 17.5

Willow: Great accleration cornered and rotation very good. A bit sketcy around the sweeper however a bit too loose. Hard braking at the end of the straight would cause the back end slide out and taking out some cones.

Eiger: This car was great on the dirt. Good speed and accleration. A bit touchy at the top of the track- but with correct throttle control it was OK. Overall pretty solid performer here.

Xande1959

Willow: 1:09.608 DC 7.0
Eiger 1:07.000 DC 8.0
Total 2:16.608 DC 15.0

Willow: Very fast and very aggressive setup. Maybe too aggressive for my driving style. Almost became a splatter mark on the sides of the desert mountains a few times. It rolled into the corners nicely. Had to be super careful with the brakes- if you missed your braking point by a small margin I would be off-roading.

Eiger: I liked the car better in the dirt. Much more stable. Braking was made easy here. Just couldn't find enough speed for it a little off towards the end of the lap.

Ronald6

Willow: 1:10.134 DC 10.0
Eiger 1:05.569 DC 9.0
Total: 2:15.703 DC 19.0

Willow: I loved it!!! So smoothe and effortless. Handled like a dream for me. It took to hard braking very easily. Couldn't ask for a better setup.

Eiger: Very fast and responsive- loved carving through the curves with it. A bit too tight towards the end of the track, hit the bridge a few times, but it was an awesome setup.

Motor City Hami
Willow: 1:10.581 DC 7.0
Eiger 1:06.334 DC 9.5
Total 2:16.915 DC 16.5

Willow: Car handled well- a nice neutral ride. Good accleration and speed. However the gear ratios were off for the long straight. Redlining and losing power before the breaking point. With the gearbox being your setting change- I had to deduct DC points for this.

Eiger The car was a dream to drive here. Very stable and easy overall. Good speed and accleration. Seemed to bog down a bit more than the other cars going uphill, might had effected the time some.

Gino
Willow: 1:09.364 DC 8.5
Eiger: 1:07.599 DC 8.0
Total 2:16.963 DC 16.5

Willow: Great accleration and speed. Excellent corner rotation. The car hated hard braking. The backend would come out very easily. I took out a lot of cones out on my early laps. Thus I had to lift off before I wanted to and I lost time due to this.

Eiger: Good speed and acceleration when I could put it down. It loved those consective curves. I had some trouble finding grip upon accleration also the back end would come out on me upon braking. Had to be more careful with it and made me lose too much time due to this.

I'm Too Legit To Quit
Willow 1:08.886 DC 9.0
Eiger 1:06.953 DC 9.0
Total 2:15.839 DC 18.0

Willow This car was fast. If I had more testing time I know I could get a much better time with it. A little unstable loose on the sweeper caused off-roading on 2 or 3 laps. Hard to get braking point exactly right at end of straight.

Eiger This car was so much fun to drive here. It sliced through those curves like a knive through a Thanksgiving turkey. I was a bit too loose at the top of the track and upon accleration. It was controllable with throttle inputs but lost some time doing this.

Brian Wolf
Willow 1:08.885 DC 9.5
Eiger 1:07.064 DC 9.0
Total 2:15.948 DC 18.5

Willow: Top of the speed charts (by .001 secs) A fast and easy drive. I loved that it was very stable and the corner rotation was excellent. A little too loose while on the sweeper- but pretty easy to lift and put it down again.

Eiger The car handled excellent here overall. Setup was a little too loose for me on the dirt but it was controllable. This car is way better than the lap I put down in it.

Last edited:
Pro Spec Rallycross

@ImToLegitToQuit

Willow Springs - Streets of Willow
Time - 1:08.643
DC - 7

The car felt very grippy but kind of wobbly, I found that it worked well for a while but could get out of shape very quickly if you tried to change direction swiftly. On the slower bends it stuck like glue without encountering understeer but was tricky to put consistent laps in with as small mistakes often led to big crashes due to the car never getting settled.

Eiger Nordwand W Trail
Time -
1:03.982
DC - 6

I found the same weight transfer issues on dirt as I did with tarmac, the car would start to fish tail and never seem to straighten up unless you lifted completely out of it of used the fence to knock it straight. Not bad when it was behaving but a complete animal if you gave it an inch.

@Motor City Hami

Time - 1:09.848
DC - 8

The car was very poised and balanced, had good initial turn in and decent rotation. The brakes felt a little bit soft for my tastes but they got the job done when asked. An enjoyable drive but the grip had to be worked for with the camber, you could feel the understeer building in the longer corners.

Eiger Nordwand W Trail
Time - 1:03.069
DC - 10

Incredible balance and flow to the car, I found myself dancing through the corners with complete confidence in the car to do what I wanted when I wanted it. For me this struck the perfect balance between aggression and precision. Well done, absolute pleasure to drive.

@Ronald6

Time - 1:09.566
DC - 8

Smooth, responsive and predictable with a slight hint of understeer developing in the faster sections. I found the brakes to be effective but they did cause a lot of understeer on entry which didn't really suit my driving style, was easy enough to adapt to though.

Eiger Nordwand W Trail
Time - 1:04.572
DC - 6

The car seemed to develop a lot of understeer on corner entry and this was not helped by the slightly overzealous front brakes. Has decent balance once you manage to get it loose but really wasn't the easiest to drive on gravel.

@xande1959

Time - 1:10.102
DC - 8

Felt balanced and grippy with decent rotation but I just couldn't maintain cornering speed due to the camber. Good fun to drive but lacked speed.

Eiger Nordwand W Trail
Time - 1:04.522
DC - 7

Good fun again, felt light and agile skipping over the gravel track but the High-Rpm turbo was causing traction problems on corner exit with wheelspin. I found that I kept bogging down when shifting into 4th gear, the engine just seemed to stutter and drop revs. The brakes also felt slightly inadequate on the more slippery surface, never really seemed to slow the car enough.

@brian wolf

Time - 1:08.795
DC - 6

The car felt extremely stiff and slightly understeery, I found I was having to be so careful not to overcook it into corners because I knew I wouldn't be able to get the car back on line easily. Shame really because the engine and trans felt strong and effective.

Eiger Nordwand W Trail
Time - 1:03.785
DC - 6

I think the big turbo was the downfall here again, the car had fairly good balance and was easy to rotate but the boost just made it wag its tail constantly. This combined with the over stiff suspension made the car feel quite nervous and hard to get comfortable with.

@Otaliema

Time - 1:08.014
DC - 9

Very aggressive setup which I enjoyed a lot. You could throw the car into corners and slingshot it out the other side with confidence and ease, the only thing letting it down was the brakes which made the car a little bit too unpredictable under hard braking.

Eiger Nordwand W Trail
Time - 1:04.342
DC - 5

On dirt the car felt a little bit too wild and lacked precision. I like a car that can get sideways but with this I just felt like I was fighting for control the whole time. The turbo just wanted to dig holes and kill tyres, it might have been more controllable if not for the boost kicking in and removing all rear traction. Real Jekyll and Hyde sort of car this one

@Gino Caberlin

Time - 1:09.466
DC - 8

Very responsive and aggressive, felt light and eager but a little bit skittish when pushed. I liked the brakes to begin with for their stopping power but became wary of them as the test continued as they could unbalance the car.

Eiger Nordwand W Trail
Time - 1:06.202
DC - 7

Felt responsive enough but lacked grip particularly in the mid to late cornering phase. The brakes were again problematic as I found the car had a habit of straight lining under braking which made it hard to place the car. It was also down on power which didn't help in the dirt, probably would have been more competitive if running the same power as the competition.

Last edited:
Pro Spec Rallycross

@ImToLegitToQuit

Time - 1:08.643
DC - 7

The car felt very grippy but kind of wobbly, I found that it worked well for a while but could get out of shape very quickly if you tried to change direction swiftly. On the slower bends it stuck like glue without encountering understeer but was tricky to put consistent laps in with as small mistakes often led to big crashes due to the car never getting settled.

Eiger Nordwand W Trail
Time -
1:03.982
DC - 6

I found the same weight transfer issues on dirt as I did with tarmac, the car would start to fish tail and never seem to straighten up unless you lifted completely out of it of used the fence to knock it straight. Not bad when it was behaving but a complete animal if you gave it an inch.

@Motor City Hami

Time - 1:09.848
DC - 8

The car was very poised and balanced, had good initial turn in and decent rotation. The brakes felt a little bit soft for my tastes but they got the job done when asked. An enjoyable drive but the grip had to be worked for with the camber, you could feel the understeer building in the longer corners.

Eiger Nordwand W Trail
Time - 1:03.069
DC - 10

Incredible balance and flow to the car, I found myself dancing through the corners with complete confidence in the car to do what I wanted when I wanted it. For me this struck the perfect balance between aggression and precision. Well done, absolute pleasure to drive.

@Ronald6

Time - 1:09.566
DC - 8

Smooth, responsive and predictable with a slight hint of understeer developing in the faster sections. I found the brakes to be effective but they did cause a lot of understeer on entry which didn't really suit my driving style, was easy enough to adapt to though.

Eiger Nordwand W Trail
Time - 1:04.572
DC - 6

The car seemed to develop a lot of understeer on corner entry and this was not helped by the slightly overzealous front brakes. Has decent balance once you manage to get it loose but really wasn't the easiest to drive on gravel.

@xande1959

Time - 1:10.102
DC - 8

Felt balanced and grippy with decent rotation but I just couldn't maintain cornering speed due to the camber. Good fun to drive but lacked speed.

Eiger Nordwand W Trail
Time - 1:04.522
DC - 7

Good fun again, felt light and agile skipping over the gravel track but the High-Rpm turbo was causing traction problems on corner exit with wheelspin. I found that I kept bogging down when shifting into 4th gear, the engine just seemed to stutter and drop revs. The brakes also felt slightly inadequate on the more slippery surface, never really seemed to slow the car enough.

@brian wolf

Time - 1:08.795
DC - 6

The car felt extremely stiff and slightly understeery, I found I was having to be so careful not to overcook it into corners because I knew I wouldn't be able to get the car back on line easily. Shame really because the engine and trans felt strong and effective.

Eiger Nordwand W Trail
Time - 1:03.785
DC - 6

I think the big turbo was the downfall here again, the car had fairly good balance and was easy to rotate but the boost just made it wag its tail constantly. This combined with the over stiff suspension made the car feel quite nervous and hard to get comfortable with.

@Otaliema

Time - 1:08.014
DC - 9

Very aggressive setup which I enjoyed a lot. You could throw the car into corners and slingshot it out the other side with confidence and ease, the only thing letting it down was the brakes which made the car a little bit too unpredictable under hard braking.

Eiger Nordwand W Trail
Time - 1:04.342
DC - 5

On dirt the car felt a little bit too wild and lacked precision. I like a car that can get sideways but with this I just felt like I was fighting for control the whole time. The turbo just wanted to dig holes and kill tyres, it might have been more controllable if not for the boost kicking in and removing all rear traction. Real Jekyll and Hyde sort of car this one
appreciate the review man. This is a car that I really didn't like because of the racing tires so the DC score is about what I expected. 2nd best willow lap though, surprising.

Back