FITT Ford Challenges by MCH

It is blasphemy, I painted my Mustang a GM color:dunce:. but it is my favorite in GT6.....Laguna Blue Tintcoat from the C7. Changes color according to light/time of day. And I think it looks sexy. Thanks for putting this challenge together Hami, I am loving my time in this car:embarrassed:. Do not tell anyone at Chevy please:lol:

It's ok. Noone at Chevy has to know. Using a GM paint color just got you banned anyway. Did you check the rules in the Mustang class before painting your car?

It is blasphemy, I painted my Mustang a GM color:dunce:. but it is my favorite in GT6.....Laguna Blue Tintcoat from the C7. Changes color according to light/time of day. And I think it looks sexy. Thanks for putting this challenge together Hami, I am loving my time in this car:embarrassed:. Do not tell anyone at Chevy please:lol:
Your not alone I put Toyota and Chevy on my focus....

It's ok. Noone at Chevy has to know. Using a GM paint color just got you banned anyway. Did you check the rules in the Mustang class before painting your car?
Does that mean I need to change the colors?????:scared::odd:

The reason I bring up the testing order is not about anyone being intentionally unfair, I could never accuse anyone here of that, its just that people naturally get faster as they spend more time focussed on a track. Even the most consistent driver has a peak and a trough in lap times throughout a session, whether it be a tenth or a second there is always a difference. The change to the running order simply balances that small variable which could prove costly these ever tightening competitions. 👍

My guess is Bayside Blue? :lol:
I totally understand what your saying about testing variances.
On a track I know backwards, in a car I know the limit of, I'm like a metronome. The braking markers, turn-in points & visual cues don't change. I can predict my laptime from the sector splits.
Give me a different car or the same car with a different setup and you go through the process of re-learning exactly where you marks are.

One more day to tune for Focus. @CyKosis1973 and @NEWDRIVER2 are all that are left to post their tunes. Please have them posted by the time the clock turns over to start October 1.

Is everyone else final with their Focus tunes?

I started looking through the Focus tunes and see that many of us used similar tactics. It's strange how close some of our settings are. I will lay them side by side for comparison so everyone can see. This is going to be a very close competition.

When we first found FITT it was to make it fair for all. Novice, experts, and idiots all could enter(thank God for the last one :dopey: ) and we kinda had two (I guess they're unwritten rules), they were

1. Tune posted = no more changes (this was to help testers that needed to start early to make the deadline...and for some tuners that found a secret some other tuner was using)
2. A lot of testers (that weren't tuners) wound take a car stock to know the course and then begin testing.
👍👍👍👍
If I haven't spent a lot of time tuning for that car/track I will throw on a dummy setup meeting the requirements and take the car out for about 20-30 laps. Even better if I can find a decent race the car qualifies for to grind (like Hami pointed out in each of these series). After that it's the name in the hat game...not really a game, nor is there a hat involved. But I assign tuners a card, shuffle them, then pick them at random.
And don't put yourself down too much @krenkme , although that 300C was insane and responsible for giving my controller fits! No need to "use" someone's entry to get used to the track/car. I know testing takes a lot of time, but another 15 mins in order to get your head wrapped around the track isn't anything compared to the hours they dedicate to testing. And that's only if you don't know the track...this is something that I will be doing at Willow Springs, although I can get through the first 9/10 off the track, I really need to practice the last corner to give me the confidence to write down my lap times and rate other tuners' cars.

15393658931_6484c42524_z.jpg

This will be my entry, am down to a 1:17.115, but can the testers get that? I am testing this class and the last time I tested my own tune I lost 4 tenths:banghead:. Not sure I can find any more speed, gonna sit on it for a few days.

She does look absolutely sweet don't she? :D
And black stripes for @brian wolf :lol:
Hell yeah!👍

My Focus is done. And after 400 laps testing, so am I!:lol:👍

Ford Focus ST 2013

15397799542_b46f8115bc_z.jpg

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/motor-city-tunes-gt6.291066/page-21#post-10116708

With the craziest settings that I have yet to put on a car in GT6. I completely went for broke. This is a time trial event, not a show for who can build the most realistic real world tune. It has a bit of lift off oversteer, but miss the braking zone by a few meters and you are likely to slide right past the apex and pick up either a four wheel slide or exit understeer.

I kind of took a guess at pairing these cars with London reverse and Comfort Soft Tires. It turned out to be a really, really fun combination. I cannot wait to test drive.

Last edited:
One more day to tune for Focus. @CyKosis1973 and @NEWDRIVER2 are all that are left to post their tunes. Please have them posted by the time the clock turns over to start October 1.

I started looking through the Focus tunes and see that many of us used similar tactics. It's strange how close some of our settings are. I will lay them side by side for comparison so everyone can see. This is going to be a very close competition.
Brown Thunder is ready to rumble :lol:

@Motor City Hami Mine is good to roll and go, hoping for not too many wall shots by the testers, silver is not the best at hiding dents. :nervous::nervous::nervous:

On the topics of colors. has anyone seen a red with a bronzeish hue to it? I've not seen one but doesn't mean it don't exsist.

Ford Focus ST 2013

15397799542_b46f8115bc_z.jpg

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/motor-city-tunes-gt6.291066/page-21#post-10116708

With the craziest settings that I have yet to put on a car in GT6. I completely went for broke. This is a time trial event, not a show for who can build the most realistic real world tune. It has a bit of lift off oversteer, but miss the braking zone by a few meters and you are likely to slide right past the apex and pick up either a four wheel slide or exit understeer.

I kind of took a guess at pairing these cars with London reverse and Comfort Soft Tires. It turned out to be a really, really fun combination. I cannot wait to test drive.
I had gone as far with the rear TOE that you have (even set my fastest lap) but it was flying by the seat of my pants, so I backed it down. Going to be be close!:cheers:

My Focus is as it was posted and I have not touched it since. Seeing very similar thoughts in other tunes but my toe seems to be waaaaaaaaay less than many others. Problem? Will have to wait and see, also have one other setting that I am now concerned about. May have gone completely the wrong way with it. Oh well, when I post it, I leave alone, let the testers sort it out.

I had gone as far with the rear TOE that you have (even set my fastest lap) but it was flying by the seat of my pants, so I backed it down. Going to be be close!:cheers:

You are indeed close!!

@Motor City Hami my gearbox numbers don't match up to yours no matter what I do to it.

This is what I get

1st gear 2.896
2nd gear 1.999
3rd gear 1.481
4th gear. 1.149
5th gear. 0.933
6th gear. 0.793

You are indeed close!!

@Motor City Hami my gearbox numbers don't match up to yours no matter what I do to it.

This is what I get

1st gear 2.896
2nd gear 1.999
3rd gear 1.481
4th gear. 1.149
5th gear. 0.933
6th gear. 0.793
Reset trans to stock, then reinstall 6spd non-adjustable. If you buy the trans before adding power upgrades, the numbers do change. See if that helps.

My Focus is as it was posted and I have not touched it since. Seeing very similar thoughts in other tunes but my toe seems to be waaaaaaaaay less than many others. Problem? Will have to wait and see, also have one other setting that I am now concerned about. May have gone completely the wrong way with it. Oh well, when I post it, I leave alone, let the testers sort it out.
Have no fear bowtie, ill be right there with you, my suspension settings are fairly normal too so I'm in the same boat. We can have another close battle between our tunes again. :)

Latest Posts

Back