FITT Ford Challenges by MCH

I have indeed tried everything. Uninstalled all parts (power and trans). Reinstalled power parts, reinstalled trans, altered power limiter. Then when that didn't work, reset to default which did nothing. Uninstalled trans, reinstalled with power limiter at requested level, still different. Anybody else have any issues or is it just me?

I have indeed tried everything. Uninstalled all parts (power and trans). Reinstalled power parts, reinstalled trans, altered power limiter. Then when that didn't work, reset to default which did nothing. Uninstalled trans, reinstalled with power limiter at requested level, still different. Anybody else have any issues or is it just me?
Buy a new one. They are not expensive and we don't have to break them in anymore.
If you have yanked everything and reinstalled and its not matching than its one of three things, your car is glitched, you have the wrong car or @Motor City Hami typoed when posting.
I'll build it here in about fifteen to check if I can match up.

Edit;
I was able to match up to with in .001 of posted numbers but I had to take the engine upgrade off....
RPM max needs to read 7200 RPM to get the transmission to match.

Last edited:
Maybe I need to buy a new one? I did a lot of testing. I will check the build tonight.
Bought a brand new one.
Installed Engine 1 Sport Cat, 6 speed numbers as follows.
1st 2.896
2nd 1.999
3rd 1.481
4th 1.149
5th 0.933
6th 0.793
Final gear 4.062
Changed Sport cat to Sport Exhaust
1st 2.856
2nd 1.972
3rd 1.461
4th 1.133
5th 0.920
6th 0.782
Final gear 4.062

I think maybe you changed parts on the car and the transmission didn't get reset, as the gearing matches the sport exhaust, but the Power limited listed in the tune matches the sport cat.
The transmission numbers where identical to the one I did all my tuning with that had over 100 km on it. as my posted tune suggests I liked the '06 over the '13 so not a ton of distance on it.

I think maybe you changed parts on the car and the transmission didn't get reset, as the gearing matches the sport exhaust, but the Power limited listed in the tune matches the sport cat.
The transmission numbers where identical to the one I did all my tuning with that had over 100 km on it. as my posted tune suggests I liked the '06 over the '13 so not a ton of distance on it.

No. I did a reset right before I posted the tune. I will check again tonight.

One more day to tune for Focus. @CyKosis1973 and @NEWDRIVER2 are all that are left to post their tunes. Please have them posted by the time the clock turns over to start October 1.

Is everyone else final with their Focus tunes?

I started looking through the Focus tunes and see that many of us used similar tactics. It's strange how close some of our settings are. I will lay them side by side for comparison so everyone can see. This is going to be a very close competition.
Pffffff, I'll have another look at the car tonight, but in all likelihood, I'm going to pull my entry. I'm not in the slightest bit happy with the car(s), it's proved to be hugely frustrating trying to get the car to just feel comfortable, let alone drivable :odd: Not sure if I should lower my expectations or raise my game...

{Cy}

Pffffff, I'll have another look at the car tonight, but in all likelihood, I'm going to pull my entry. I'm not in the slightest bit happy with the car(s), it's proved to be hugely frustrating trying to get the car to just feel comfortable, let alone drivable :odd: Not sure if I should lower my expectations or raise my game...

{Cy}
I vote fore raise your game, Your Evo tune was fantastic. If you have time to tune today, treat the focuse like it's a FR for suspension set up, just flip your normal damper settings.

Does a reset work on a fixed ratio gearbox?, seeing as there is nothing to reset because it can't be altered.
If any power mods alter the RPM redline (anything in the left hand column of the tuning screen) it alters the gear ratios.

I believe its something to do with the fixed ratio boxes aiming to meet a specific pre-set speed limit and needing to alter the ratios to adjust for RPM change.

Its a bit odd but thats just the way it is unfortunately, transmissions should always be reset when altering power tuning parts unless otherwise stated by the tuner 👍

Sorry, I meant does the reset to default button do anything. I understand removing and reinstalling will change the numbers, but does the reset to default, seeing as theoretically, it's already at default.

Sorry, I meant does the reset to default button do anything. I understand removing and reinstalling will change the numbers, but does the reset to default, seeing as theoretically, it's already at default.
Ahh ok, good question 👍

I haven't tested this myself but I did wonder when I noticed the reset option on the trans recently

Not totally sure, would think if the numbers have changed it should right? But, with PD........

Ahh ok, good question 👍

I haven't tested this myself but I did wonder when I noticed the reset option on the trans recently

Resetting defaults does the same as uninstalling and re-installing the transmission, so it saves a few button hits is about it.

2.896 does seem low for the first gear, I think the lowest I remember seeing was 2.905. Can't remember what addition I made to get it to that. Are all of the other numbers adding up?

2.896 does seem low for the first gear, I think the lowest I remember seeing was 2.905. Can't remember what addition I made to get it to that. Are all of the other numbers adding up?

Tune built as posted, all other numbers are spot on, except for gear ratios.

@Motor City Hami you mentioned you like rich blue colors, while searching for a Bronzed red color i found the following rich & vibrate blues.
Chevy
C1 vet Pennant Blue
Jaguar
XKR '10 Spectrum Blue
XKR '99 Sapphire Blue
Aston Martin
DB9 '06 Monaco Blue
V12 Vantage '10 Cobalt Blue
Alfa Romeo
1600 '66 Blu Medio
Twin Spark '02 Blu Casual & Inca
Sky window '06 Blu Montecarlo & Misano
GT 3.2 '04 Blu Daytona
Ferrari
Dino '71 Blu Sera
512 BB '76 Blu Dino & Sera /Met option available.

@Bowtie-muscle Thank you on the suggestion, not quite what I was looking for.
@DolHaus Thank you for the suggestion, it is a Mazda color, wasn't quite what I was looking for.

I did find one one finally, (i think anyways) I wont blame anyone if they don't buy it, it's 1.32 million credits
Aston Martian One 77, Bridgewater Bronze, has a nice Red color sheened with bronze.

@Motor City Hami you mentioned you like rich blue colors, while searching for a Bronzed red color i found the following rich & vibrate blues.
Chevy
C1 vet Pennant Blue
Jaguar
XKR '10 Spectrum Blue
XKR '99 Sapphire Blue
Aston Martin
DB9 '06 Monaco Blue
V12 Vantage '10 Cobalt Blue
Alfa Romeo
1600 '66 Blu Medio
Twin Spark '02 Blu Casual & Inca
Sky window '06 Blu Montecarlo & Misano
GT 3.2 '04 Blu Daytona
Ferrari
Dino '71 Blu Sera
512 BB '76 Blu Dino & Sera /Met option available.

@Bowtie-muscle Thank you on the suggestion, not quite what I was looking for.
@DolHaus Thank you for the suggestion, it is a Mazda color, wasn't quite what I was looking for.

I did find one one finally, (i think anyways) I wont blame anyone if they don't buy it, it's 1.32 million credits
Aston Martian One 77, Bridgewater Bronze, has a nice Red color sheened with bronze.
Sorry, I tried.

{Cy}

Which car have you been tuning, the 2006 or the 2013? I posted both cars that I tuned but selected the 2013 to enter. I cannot believe how similar the two tunes ended up.

You should enter a 2013 along with @NEWDRIVER2 so that the car count will be even. That will help me to think that I haven't chosen the wrong car. :confused:

I vote fore raise your game, Your Evo tune was fantastic. If you have time to tune today, treat the focuse like it's a FR for suspension set up, just flip your normal damper settings.
Thank you, Sir. I'm going to have a sly pint with my wife first, then I'll fire up the PS3 and see if the cider might inspire me :mischievous:

I've tried all sorts of combinations of dampers, springs, etc. Each time I drop about 0.250 off the pace and within a couple of laps, I'm right back on it. Desperately annoying...
Which car have you been tuning, the 2006 or the 2013? I posted both cars that I tuned but selected the 2013 to enter. I cannot believe how similar the two tunes ended up.

You should enter a 2013 along with @NEWDRIVER2 so that the car count will be even. That will help me to think that I haven't chosen the wrong car. :confused:
I had been tuning both, but the slightly better weight distribution and the looks of the 2013 have had me testing that one more than the '06. If I find the aforementioned inspiration, I'll be sure to post the 2013 👍

{Cy}

Thank you, Sir. I'm going to have a sly pint with my wife first, then I'll fire up the PS3 and see if the cider might inspire me :mischievous:

I've tried all sorts of combinations of dampers, springs, etc. Each time I drop about 0.250 off the pace and within a couple of laps, I'm right back on it. Desperately annoying...

I had been tuning both, but the slightly better weight distribution and the looks of the 2013 have had me testing that one more than the '06. If I find the aforementioned inspiration, I'll be sure to post the 2013 👍

{Cy}
1 pint = fuel for the brain
2 pints = ok, let's do this
3 pints = I'm sure I can go faster
4 pints = these brakes are rooted
5 pints = shtupid plashe ta pudawall
6 pints = zzz zzz zzzz zzz zzz

I couldn't get them either....close. Maybe Hami had a few of those pints!:lol:
image.jpg

One more day to tune for Focus. @CyKosis1973 and @NEWDRIVER2 are all that are left to post their tunes. Please have them posted by the time the clock turns over to start October 1.

Is everyone else final with their Focus tunes?

I started looking through the Focus tunes and see that many of us used similar tactics. It's strange how close some of our settings are. I will lay them side by side for comparison so everyone can see. This is going to be a very close competition.

I also test both cars and I run how many laps with @CyKosis1973 online but at last I think I will go for the 2006 , and I'm not sure that I did a good tune because I was running 1:02.xxx and I get two laps down to 1:01.4xx , Sorry for my late but tune it will be post in 5 hrs after I'm back home from work ,thanks Sir

ND

Ford Mustang Boss 302 2013 (Final- Ready to test)

Paint color: Matte Pink

550 PP
566 HP
1,344 KG
54:46 weight distribution
2.37 power to weight

Tires: sports soft

Suspension: Fully customized

Ride Height 95/90
Spring Rate 6.50/7.25
Damper Compression 5/4
Damper Extension 5/4
Anti Roll Bar 4/4
Camber 0/0
Toe Angle -0.04/+0.09

Racing Brakes 7/6

Transmission
FG 5.000
Max Speed 124 MPH

1st 3.094
2nd 2.395
3rd 1.910
4th 1.567
5th 1.323
6th 1.151
FG 3.375

Drivetrain: Fully Customized

/7
/10
/12

Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Drive Shaft

Power:

Power Limiter 100%
Stage 1 engine tuning
Racing exhaust
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Intake tuning

Body

Ballast 25kg
Ballast position 41

Stage 3 weight reduction
Carbon Hood (body color)
window weight reduction

Last edited:
Ford Mustang Boss 302 2013

550 PP
566 HP
1,344 KG
54:46 weight distribution
2.37 power to weight

Tires: sports hard

Suspension: Fully customized

Ride Height 95/90
Spring Rate 6.50/7.25
Damper Compression 5/4
Damper Extension 5/4
Anti Roll Bar 4/4
Camber 0/0
Toe Angle -0.04/+0.09

Racing Brakes 7/6

Transmission
FG 5.000
Max Speed 124 MPH

1st 3.094
2nd 2.395
3rd 1.910
4th 1.567
5th 1.323
6th 1.151
FG 3.375

Drivetrain: Fully Customized

/7
/10
/12

Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Drive Shaft

Power:

Power Limiter 100%
Stage 1 engine tuning
Racing exhaust
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Intake tuning

Body

Ballast 25kg
Ballast position 41

Stage 3 weight reduction
Carbon Hood (body color)
window weight reduction
What color is your tune please?

@Motor City Hami

Toe -0.75/-0.95

Wow, You weren't kidding. That's bucket loads of toe right there.

I have a question about the transmission - Does it change if you install it first, before all the power upgrades? Because that's the way I did mine. I had no idea it changed if it does.

Back