FITT Ford Challenges by MCH

COMMENTS ON MOST OF THE RUNS HAVE BEEN ELIMINATED AS I WANTED TO BE SURE I COULD COMPLETE THE RUNS ON EVERYONES TUNE. IM SORRY TO THOSE WHO I DIDN'T GET TO GIVE PERSONAL FEEDBACK TO BUT IM GETTING READY TO LEAVE FOR A FUNERAL OUT OF STATE SO I'VE BEEN PUSHING TO GET EVERYONE FITTED IN

@DaBomm4 =1:20.027 DC:7-KUDOS for being the only one to build a GT. very impressed at how well the setup outperformed baseline tendencies. understeer was prevailing through my laps. I built a GT suited to my style of driving(midpoint between grip and drift) to test my theory and was able to basically slide a good majority of the track and still edge out .167sec ahead following the line. this tune you have here is on its way to being great…I'm sure the car will balance out more with a slightly lower front spring rate to compensate for the slightly bumpy track conditions. (THUMBS UP FOR A GREAT CAR). if you decide to work on this tune any more please send me your updates as I would love to see where you could go with this car/tune with more time on it.
@787bcgr =1:17.945 DC:7-THIS WAS HARD TO DESCRIBE. gearing was pretty much spot on for the track and the power band of the vehicle. very high tendency to understeer one minute and be somewhat docile the next.but overall well balanced. consistent entry and exit speeds achieved due to the handling characteristics of the vehicle. stable body roll was this cars best friend
@Bowtie-muscle =1:17.734 DC:8..5-it took me no time to grab a feel for this cars configuration. gearing was perfect for the long sweep of turn 2 and it kept me solidly on the racing line. braking on deceleration was easily predictable which played a big part on my ability to brake late on turns 3 and 5. weight distribution was a key to this cars great rotation.
@DolHaus =1:17.460 DC:8-had to watch my entry speeds on this one to phase out the understeer as best as possible. all in all still a very fast tune
@gtmetacrisis =1:18.160 DC:7-gearing could be worked on to better suit the straights of the track. body roll noticed quite a bit on high speed corners
@ImToLegitToQuit =1:16.925 DC:9
@krenkme =1:17.901 DC:7.5
@xande1959 =1:18.742 DC:7
@Badger66 =1:18.554 DC:7.5
@brian wolf =1:17.877 DC:8
@Lewis_Hamilton_ =1:17.443 DC:7.5
@Otaliema =1:17.901 DC:8
@shaunm80 =1:17.842 DC:8
@sinof1337 =1:19.370 DC:6

COMMENTS ON MOST OF THE RUNS HAVE BEEN ELIMINATED AS I WANTED TO BE SURE I COULD COMPLETE THE RUNS ON EVERYONES TUNE. IM SORRY TO THOSE WHO I DIDN'T GET TO GIVE PERSONAL FEEDBACK TO BUT IM GETTING READY TO LEAVE FOR A FUNERAL OUT OF STATE SO I'VE BEEN PUSHING TO GET EVERYONE FITTED IN

My sincerest condolences. I hope the funeral goes as well as can be. Thank you for testing and safe travels.

@Bowtie-muscle =1:17.734 DC:8..5-it took me no time to grab a feel for this cars configuration. gearing was perfect for the long sweep of turn 2 and it kept me solidly on the racing line. braking on deceleration was easily predictable which played a big part on my ability to brake late on turns 3 and 5. weight distribution was a key to this cars great rotation.
@DolHaus =1:17.460 DC:8-had to watch my entry speeds on this one to phase out the understeer as best as possible. all in all still a very fast tune
@gtmetacrisis =1:18.160 DC:7-gearing could be worked on to better suit the straights of the track. body roll noticed quite a bit on high speed corners
My sincerest condolences. I hope the funeral goes as well as can be. Thank you for testing and safe travels.
@shaunm80 said it best, thanks for getting this review done, and I appreciate your kind words. My condolences to you and yours, and my prayers for safe travel. Be well, we will all be here when you return.

@DaBomm4 =1:20.027 DC:7-KUDOS for being the only one to build a GT. very impressed at how well the setup outperformed baseline tendencies. understeer was prevailing through my laps. I built a GT suited to my style of driving(midpoint between grip and drift) to test my theory and was able to basically slide a good majority of the track and still edge out .167sec ahead following the line. this tune you have here is on its way to being great…I'm sure the car will balance out more with a slightly lower front spring rate to compensate for the slightly bumpy track conditions. (THUMBS UP FOR A GREAT CAR). if you decide to work on this tune any more please send me your updates as I would love to see where you could go with this car/tune with more time on it.
@787bcgr =1:17.945 DC:7-THIS WAS HARD TO DESCRIBE. gearing was pretty much spot on for the track and the power band of the vehicle. very high tendency to understeer one minute and be somewhat docile the next.but overall well balanced. consistent entry and exit speeds achieved due to the handling characteristics of the vehicle. stable body roll was this cars best friend
Thank you for your efforts and well done for getting the field tested as best you could, my condolences for your loss 👍

Hami, I have a dilemma....still have 2 GTs to test but so far I am not sure I want to post my results for fairness. Will finish and then maybe revisit the the first 3 as I had planned but there is a huge gap between first and 8th. Might wait to see the other reviews but not sure my results will not tip the scales. I will keep you posted.

I don't have time to make the Ford GT score sheet until middle of the week anyway. Take your time.

Thank you for the laps in the car looks it suited you pretty well based on your time.
Sorry to hear about your loss, travel safe and see you on your return.

Thank you for your efforts at this difficult time. :cheers:👍

Sorry for your Loss @fourevaboostin.

Thank you for the testing it's much appreciated and no worries on not having a review....Take Care and safe travels too.

thanks for testing demonstrates interest is welcome
my condolences

times and scores here. I will edit with reviews after sleep and coffee. I will say that I use oversteer as a tool to get the car pointed where I want it and so for the guys that eliminated wheelspin in their setups, I had a hard time getting the cars to respond. That really affected some of my lap times.

@DaBomm4 1:20.731 DC-7 First of all, kudos for your car choice. I think it was a tremndous improvement over the factory car. There was nothing really bad about your tune except that you were tuning a terrible car. A certain saying about polishing a turd comes to mind... Your gears were matched to the track very well too. I never dropped below the power band and still had plenty of gear left at the end of the straight.

@787bcgr 1:16.990 DC-8.5 I really think the downforce helped with the rear grip of the car. On throttle rotation was excellent and could have been even better if the LSD accel was a little higher. Your car reminded me a lot of Hami's viper challenge car. If you were either on the gas or the brakes it handled great, but coasting was not.

@krenkme 1:18.302 DC-8 gears 1 thru 5 were great but 6th was too short. The car felt and drove great and I was a bit surprised at a time in the 18's because it didn't feel slower than the others. it had great coasting rotation and I could abuse the throttle without fear of spinning.

@DolHaus 1:17.175 DC-7.8 I COULD WATCH THIS CAR SPIT FLAMES ALL DAY ! it made me smile every time i down shifted. It was not remarkable in a bad way or a good way. It was just a stable and easy drive with a very respectable time and you can't be mad at that. I am curious about why we had to setup the gears in reverse order though. "Fascinating" in spock voice

@Bowtie-muscle 1:17.386 DC-8 very safe car. not bad at all, and not in an understeery kind of way. it was safe in an inspiring confidence kind of way. I could have put a lap together in the 16's if i had more control over the wheelspin. a few clicks here and there and this would have been much faster for me. I do believe that in it's current form it is a better car for the masses though. nice job.

@gtmetacrisis 1:17.730 DC-7 the gears were a bit too short. If i came out of the last turn fast I would run out of power at the finish line and hit the limiter before I needed to brake for the first turn. The open diff also had me waiting longer than I would have liked to use the throttle.

@ImToLegitToQuit 1:16.417 DC-9 I still don't know why my car unloaded so weird over the crest. Especially after driving everyone elses. I also noticed after driving yours that mine has a dirt allergy. if even 1 tire came close to the dirt it would spin but a couple of times i had 2 tires off with your guys cars and could get back on.

@xande1959 1:18.666 DC-6.5 I think the car was too soft over all. The weight moved around a lot and would upset the car in the sweepers where you are on and off the throttle. The gears were also a little short. I was at the very top of 6th going into turn 1. this was another car that had the diff very open to combat wheelspin and didn't allow any early throttle.

@sinof1337 1:18.678 DC-8 Very nice highspeed rotation. through the last very big turn most cars had to lift on the first part and then brake and coast until back on the gas through the last turn and onto the straight. with yours there was full throttle then brake then full throttle on the way out. in the lower speed corners though it felt as heavy as it was. otherwise a very nice setup

@shaunm80 1:17.637 DC-8.5 A very well sorted car. The diff settings worked well, it had very neutral handling with understeer at the limit. The only car where I had 100% confidence going over the crest at full throttle. nice car.

@Otaliema 1:18.160 DC-8.8 I always end up writing a short story about your cars lol. Your car was very loose, but that's how I like them. I like the take it past its comfort level and ME be in control instead of the car saying no. I loved this car and I think with just a click here and there to kind of reign it in just a hair and it would easily be in the 16's. I liked it a lot.

@Lewis_Hamilton_ 1:16.797 DC-9.8 I wish I could drive this car in real life. It had so much grip at every point of the turn, it was incredible. The only thing that kept this car from a 10 was the over rotation while braking. It sucks though because it's perfect for being absolutely fast. I just couldn't control it with a DS3. With a wheel and pedals you could trail brake this car into the next dimension. I think if the rear brakes were at 7 or 6 and you bumped the extension up to 3, it would be the perfect controller setup. It just demands more precision than I could give it with a DS3. A very nice car man.

@brian wolf 1:17.492 DC-7 The lift off rotation on this car was amazing, it was like driving a MR car. The only problem is that it would smoke the front tires and lose too much speed. I could get it into the 16's if i just made a few adjustments to curb the weight from moving as much and overloading the front tires. I also though the 3 gear setup was a stroke of genius, they were nearly perfectly matched to the track. I think 5th could have been a tiny bit shorter to get a better run through the back and down the straight.

@Badger66 1:18.130 DC-7 the best brakes in the contest. it was also super predictable, i didn't go off track once. It was a bit tight up front though which didn't allow me to push the limits without running into massive understeer.

Last edited:
1:16.417 DC-9* tentative. dont feel right using my score. perhaps I can take the average of my best and worse scores from the others and submit it as mine ? I really like my car cause i'm fast in it and i don't feel fair putting in my scores. I'd like everyone's feedback, I guess if you guys are ok with it then I will be too. I wanted to make sure though.
It's fast for biffa also, so I don't see a problem with scoring it well. You also like how it drives too obviously seeing as you tuned it. I think tuners are going to naturally have a tune that they like, unless after trying the other tunes, they reconsider how good their tune is.

times and scores here. I will edit with reviews after sleep and coffee. I will say that I use oversteer as a tool to get the car pointed where I want it and so for the guys that eliminated wheelspin in their setups, I had a hard time getting the cars to respond. That really affected some of my lap times.

@DaBomm4 1:20.731 DC-7

@787bcgr 1:16.990 DC-8.5

@krenkme 1:18.302 DC-8

@DolHaus 1:17.175 DC-7.8

@Bowtie-muscle 1:17.386 DC-8

@gtmetacrisis 1:17.730 DC-7

@ImToLegitToQuit 1:16.417 DC-9* tentative. dont feel right using my score. perhaps I can take the average of my best and worse scores from the others and submit it as mine ? I really like my car cause i'm fast in it and i don't feel fair putting in my scores. I'd like everyone's feedback, I guess if you guys are ok with it then I will be too. I wanted to make sure though.

@xande1959 1:18.666 DC-6.5

@sinof1337 1:18.678 DC-8

@shaunm80 1:17.637 DC-8.5

@Otaliema 1:18.160 DC-8.8

@Lewis_Hamilton_ 1:16.797 DC-9.8

@brian wolf 1:17.492 DC-7

@Badger66 1:18.130 DC-7

Thanks @ImToLegitToQuit for your testing and sorry about to hear you had a home emergency...look forward to your review and feedback...:cheers:

@ImToLegitToQuit 1:16.417 DC-9* tentative. dont feel right using my score. perhaps I can take the average of my best and worse scores from the others and submit it as mine ? I really like my car cause i'm fast in it and i don't feel fair putting in my scores. I'd like everyone's feedback, I guess if you guys are ok with it then I will be too. I wanted to make sure though.

Thank you for testing 👍
(I have no disagreement with your own score, yours felt like one of the best of the bunch and should be scored as such)

Keep your DC score is my opinion, I struggled with giving myself a high score but after seeing other reviews i kept it. And since your time is fast, why not. I gave you an 8.5 so giving yourself a 9 is not unrealistic. Just my thought. For me your tune was fast like @Lewis_Hamilton_ 's but was too loose and wild for me as you can tell after driving some of my tunes. I knew other testers would love yours and if @Otaliema had finished testing I'm sure he would have also. No problem with your score, unless you gave yourself MORE than a 10:P

Congrats by the way, on fixing your water issue and soaking the field with time all at once. Well done, haters are gonna be biting their tongues now. :sly: Second win means you can tune. (Inside joke for those who do not understand, but Legit does;)).

Last edited:
I'm gonna dive into the GT class for testing tomorrow and get that done in time for it to count than I'll get testing done for the Mustangs for feedback lap times may be as low as as I wold have gotten for results testing but the feedback will be just as in depth as normal.
Kids are sick again guess we ran in to another sick kids at a playground last week. Oi ugg but it's good for them to get these little colds build up their immune systems.

Back