FITT Ford Challenges by MCH

thanks

This is for Min/Max I guess, right?

I was getting bad understeer on embanked turns with rear at min with either min/min or max/min from 250km/h+, I guess worse understeer at less high speeds from effects of other settings.
Correct sorry about that, fixed the post.

yeah if your getting understeer at lower than 250 km/h it's something other than Ride Height. I noticed with this car it is very touchy to ARB and camber settings. get them just right and it turns on a dime get them wrong and you under or over steer in every turn. as for the speed differences on our under steering speed on Max/Min or Min/Min I think that may be LSD settings.

Correct sorry about that, fixed the post.

yeah if your getting understeer at lower than 250 km/h it's something other than Ride Height. I noticed with this car it is very touchy to ARB and camber settings. get them just right and it turns on a dime get them wrong and you under or over steer in every turn. as for the speed differences on our under steering speed on Max/Min or Min/Min I think that may be LSD settings.
If the car is changing characteristics at a certain speed, could this be a result of the downforce pushing the tail lower or nose higher and changing the balance determined by ride height adjustments?

If the car is changing characteristics at a certain speed, could this be a result of the downforce pushing the tail lower or nose higher and changing the balance determined by ride height adjustments?
possibly the car is so unstable with it's tail on the tarmac I couldn't manage a clean lap to review in the data logger to check what happened to the car at 250+ km/h. I can tell you that at to make this car stable at the very high speeds it gets too, it's gets really twitchy at low speeds and to make it not so twitchy at low speed it develops loads of understeer at very high speed so this challenge is going to come down to who finds and makes the balance the best, not great at either high or low speed but good at both.

possibly the car is so unstable with it's tail on the tarmac I couldn't manage a clean lap to review in the data logger to check what happened to the car at 250+ km/h. I can tell you that at to make this car stable at the very high speeds it gets too, it's gets really twitchy at low speeds and to make it not so twitchy at low speed it develops loads of understeer at very high speed so this challenge is going to come down to who finds and makes the balance the best, not great at either high or low speed but good at both.
From the way you're describing the high speed issues it sounds like a downforce related problem. You can decrease the high speed understeer by stiffening up the springs, the car is essentially getting heavier as it goes faster so your spring rates are getting softer in relative terms and the weight transfer is being slowed as a result.

Whether this will help solve your problem I can't say, but the more you know, the faster you'll go :lol:

From the way you're describing the high speed issues it sounds like a downforce related problem. You can decrease the high speed understeer by stiffening up the springs, the car is essentially getting heavier as it goes faster so your spring rates are getting softer in relative terms and the weight transfer is being slowed as a result.

Whether this will help solve your problem I can't say, but the more you know, the faster you'll go :lol:
Thank you sir, I did know that info and when I stiffened the car to handle and stay stable at 250+ km/h the car got really really twitchy at low speeds. If i soften the car enough to be stable and fast in the low speed sections I lose so much control at high speed that I have to slow down or crash.
Only managing 1:49's right now due to split personality of the track car combo.
I'll get it figured out, only logged a dozen laps with the car. Kids are not sleeping well currently so not getting a ton of play time when I'm coherent. :lol: :boggled:

I'm currently at 1:00.992 in the Focus with most of the suspension left to tune. I'm about a half second slower using the triggers. The left finger still can't grasp the concept that it's in charge of the brakes, but being able to feather the throttle is a huge advantage!

I'm currently at 1:00.992 in the Focus with most of the suspension left to tune. I'm about a half second slower using the triggers. The left finger still can't grasp the concept that it's in charge of the brakes, but being able to feather the throttle is a huge advantage!
Take some time but you will get used to it and being able to feather the breaks is big too.
If your right thumb is getting board set your shifting to use the right trigger.
I use up and left for shift, down for reverse right is currently un-used. Square is look left X is look back and Circle is look right Triangle is e-brake, *thinking about moving e-brake to right on the trigger and setting triangle to the horn.

I have been trying to tell you that.........keep at it so we can get you to use L1/R1 to start SHIFTING!

I don't think that PD programmed for Torque Vectoring. We drove that Titanium in real life around the parking lot at work. We used the light poles to create a little road course. We ragged that car and it was awesome. I really thought about getting the Focus ST instead of the Boss 302 when I was in the market.
Was it a hire car? It's a world renown fact that hire cars are the fastest in the world :sly: Sounds like you put it through it's paces, which I'd be disappointed about if you hadn't!! Shame PDiddy didn't feel it necessary to model the Torque Vectoring system, a wise old Indian once told me that they'd modelled the ATTESA system that help GT-Rs be the cars they are.

On one hand, I'm surprised that you'd even consider a Focus ST over a Boss Mustang, but on the other, I'm quietly delighted :)

Anyway, I've got a car to build, not sure which one yet, but I think this one will be lead by an Aston Martin style nose :mischievous:

{Cy}

PS - I've just gotten back from the Isle of Wight, which has maybe 1 mile of road where you can legally hit 60mph. I've haven't seen so many Ford ST's since the last time I was in Scotland. Do you think there's a correlation between ST's and twisty roads?

Thank you sir, I did know that info and when I stiffened the car to handle and stay stable at 250+ km/h the car got really really twitchy at low speeds. If i soften the car enough to be stable and fast in the low speed sections I lose so much control at high speed that I have to slow down or crash.
Only managing 1:49's right now due to split personality of the track car combo.
I'll get it figured out, only logged a dozen laps with the car. Kids are not sleeping well currently so not getting a ton of play time when I'm coherent. :lol: :boggled:
Try playing with the ride height to correct the wayward handling at low speeds perhaps, a lower overall height should help stability. This combined with low damper compression/ high extension might help to get it behave. These are just the routes I would explore but as you say, with some tracks/cars its often a case of picking which parts of the track are going to be best for the overall time and focussing on them, as long as the car isn't dangerously unsuitable for the rest of the track then you'll be all right. :cheers:

Try playing with the ride height to correct the wayward handling at low speeds perhaps, a lower overall height should help stability. This combined with low damper compression/ high extension might help to get it behave. These are just the routes I would explore but as you say, with some tracks/cars its often a case of picking which parts of the track are going to be best for the overall time and focussing on them, as long as the car isn't dangerously unsuitable for the rest of the track then you'll be all right. :cheers:
true enough. I think I've got the ride height right it rotates well at any speed doesn't understeer too much, just gotta settle it down on exit and fix the transmission.

Was it a hire car? It's a world renown fact that hire cars are the fastest in the world :sly: Sounds like you put it through it's paces, which I'd be disappointed about if you hadn't!! Shame PDiddy didn't feel it necessary to model the Torque Vectoring system, a wise old Indian once told me that they'd modelled the ATTESA system that help GT-Rs be the cars they are.

On one hand, I'm surprised that you'd even consider a Focus ST over a Boss Mustang, but on the other, I'm quietly delighted :)

Anyway, I've got a car to build, not sure which one yet, but I think this one will be lead by an Aston Martin style nose :mischievous:

{Cy}

PS - I've just gotten back from the Isle of Wight, which has maybe 1 mile of road where you can legally hit 60mph. I've haven't seen so many Ford ST's since the last time I was in Scotland. Do you think there's a correlation between ST's and twisty roads?

Shhhh. Is anyone from Ford reading this? It may or may not have been procured from the M plate fleet? Or not?

Slacker..........:sly:............:lol::lol::lol:
Na I tried it, my controller moved more than I wanted in a lateral direction, *i'm quick and agressive with gear shifts*, so moving the shifting to the stick put the movoment in the center which doesn't move the controller nearly as much.
Anyways by having the L1/R1 buttons free I can do other things with them like NOS, and beep my horn :lol:

Shhhh. Is anyone from Ford reading this? It may or may not have been procured from the M plate fleet? Or not?
"borrowed" it did we? was it at least in good body shape when you returned it? :D

@DolHaus yeah I put the tune aside and started over to find the best ride height, while the split I had previously was good, I found one better, same rotation with more stability. working the springs right now with the dampers are a neutral setting. see if I can use the dampers for fine tuning as they should be and not a cure all as I have in the past.
They seem to have a progressive force increase starting at 5 they get stiffer with each click than they do on 1-4.

Here is my second FITT Entry. May I present the GT500 '13. This beautiful specimen comes in Grabber Blue with Black Stripes and will hopefully be quick in the right hands. I struggled to get a perfect lap on Willow Springs so I don't think I exploited the full potential in its lap time but I am hoping that a better driver will find the speed in this tune.

Tune here

Boss302Img1.jpg

Boss302Img2.jpg

Here is my second FITT Entry. May I present the GT500 '13. This beautiful specimen comes in Grabber Blue with Black Stripes and will hopefully be quick in the right hands. I struggled to get a perfect lap on Willow Springs so I don't think I exploited the full potential in its lap time but I am hoping that a better driver will find the speed in this tune.

Tune here

View attachment 229579
View attachment 229580
Love the color choice!👍 Glad I am not using that shade of blue.:eek:

And @brian wolf does say that "black stripes" are faster, I need to repaint my Mustangs as they have white:dunce:

anyone put down any solid lap times with the GT40. The fastest lap I've been able to lay down with my current setup was 1.44.732 on cold tires doing the time attack method(1st lap cold tires)

Introducing My First FITT Entry Ever
Project Olivia
GT40-akaProjectOlivia.jpg
a>

@Motor City Hami
650pp is max or is it requirement to be at? new to the FITT trying to make sure im fulfilling the assignment correctly. currently at 601PP

Last edited:
anyone put down any solid lap times with the GT40. The fastest lap I've been able to lay down with my current setup was 1.44.732 on cold tires doing the time attack method(1st lap cold tires)

Introducing My First FITT Entry Ever
Project Olivia
a>

@Motor City Hami
650pp is max or is it requirement to be at? new to the FITT trying to make sure im fulfilling the assignment correctly. currently at 601PP
650pp is the maximum allowed, if yours is below that then it should be fine as long as it meets the allowed parts and other fixed criteria 👍

yyyeeeeaahhhhh i haven't even picked a car yet....:eek: cough...destiny...cough FOCUS Joseph !

In other random news... we bought a Gallardo at work that is going to need some de-customizing because someone with more money than sense got a hold of it.
What in pray tell did they do to it! That you would have to undo it to make it look good or driveable again. *making an assumption there*

yyyeeeeaahhhhh i haven't even picked a car yet....:eek: cough...destiny...cough FOCUS Joseph !

In other random news... we bought a Gallardo at work that is going to need some de-customizing because someone with more money than sense got a hold of it.

Those wheels look cheap and nasty, nice colour on the car though

(If you take it for a "test drive" be very careful with launching the car, I hear the clutches are extremely fragile)

What in pray tell did they do to it! That you would have to undo it to make it look good or driveable again. *making an assumption there*
The wheels are the OK part of it and we will probably leave the on. I'll take more pics tomorrow but it has fake yellow carbon fiber everywhere and yellow suede/fake leather everywhere.

Those wheels look cheap and nasty, nice colour on the car though

(If you take it for a "test drive" be very careful with launching the car, I hear the clutches are extremely fragile)
We've only ever had a piston drop and a gear selection actuator break in almost 70k on our orange one. Never a clutch problem. They are troopers :)

We've only ever had a piston drop and a gear selection actuator break in almost 70k on our orange one. Never a clutch problem. They are troopers :)
I have a friend who used to work for a luxury rentals place and they said theirs had to have the clutch replaced 4 times in 10 customers, I believe it was an early one though so maybe it was a problem that got fixed or theirs was the one they let the Lamborghini guys assemble rather than the Audi mechanics :lol:

I have a friend who used to work for a luxury rentals place and they said theirs had to have the clutch replaced 4 times in 10 customers, I believe it was an early one though so maybe it was a problem that got fixed or theirs was the one they let the Lamborghini guys assemble rather than the Audi mechanics :lol:
That is kind of funny due to the legend of how Lamborghini started in the car industry.

The wheels are the OK part of it and we will probably leave the on. I'll take more pics tomorrow but it has fake yellow carbon fiber everywhere and yellow suede/fake leather everywhere.
I thought all lambos where all carbon fiber from the factory... Or is the just the frame? Sorry not a true petrol head just a casual petrol head :lol:

I thought all lambos where all carbon fiber from the factory... Or is the just the frame? Sorry not a true petrol head just a casual petrol head :lol:
Frame is metal, body is aluminum and plastic for bumpers (at least for America and our crash safety stuff) the fake carbon is in the engine bay and interior. Not a lot of carbon in the lambos. At least not in 2009.

Back