FITT Hot Version Drivetrain Challenge - Congratulations to Lionheart2113 & ImToLegitToQuit

• Thread starter DolHaus
  • 861 comments
I tried the handbrake, I tried feinting the car, I tried intentionally locking the brakes and sliding it through, I tried weaving under braking to shed more speed, I tried every trick I know! The only trick with the brakes is to brake waaaay earlier than you should have to :lol:
I really think the brakes need knocking up a click or 2 on both ends, even for ABS 0. The rest of the car is fine, doesn't feel too bad at all on the stiff springs, its just that the brakes are badly underpowered. @Otaliema had a similar issue on his car but the ABS made it manageable and the brakes could get the car stopped, with yours it felt like the brake lines needed bleeding as no matter how hard you jumped on the pedal the car just didn't slow down.

I'd suggest increasing the brake values a little and maybe lower the front compression to give it a little more feeling, I imagine the spring rates are those numbers for replica purposes so I wouldn't expect those to change. As I said before, its not a bad car, just needs some stop to match the go đź‘Ť

That will be a blunder of mine, I was too worried that higher BB value will make a lock up fest :lol:, apparently it was too low :D I recently received a review of the NSX GT2, hopefully the testers will have positive review like @miata13B did, it was reviewed on RH tire :P

I wanted to try a setup by you for a longtime, but have been so tied up in racing series that I have not had an opportunity in a long time to really give any time to testing out cars that were not in the leagues I race in. Last night I had my first chance to and boy when I found this beauty I had to give it a go.

First impressions on the car I had was it is extremely planted to the track, almost to the point where it is a little slower then it should be. Braking straight line into corners is spot on, there was no real worry of breaking the limit of adhesion with the RH tires I ran the car with. Trail braking into the corner's is only increments difficult at first, it took about two turns to find the sweet spot using the gas and brake to get it to rotate without over stressing any tires during the maneuver. I probably should have used a harder compound tire looking back at it because with the RH tires the car suffers from terminal understeer at every point in the turn. You have to manipulate the throttle very carefully throughout the whole turn. Eve lift off oversteer is very mild to almost non existent in most turns although hey a little too aggressive it will spin you around if you lift off completely.

When you do push this car to the limit the major weakness it has is the inside front tire during any turn. This tire seems to be getting pushed beyond its traction limit/ or being overloaded. It is easy to use for an advantage in the corner for rotation, but it will also be a great hinder if you are worried about tire wear. This happens especially if you are ready to plant down the accelerator mid corner.

The car shines in stability during mid and high speed corners staying planted properly to give you a great amount of grip to exit post apex at full speed. It is almost like having a FWD car during this point of the turn. It will understeer during this process, but if you have your driving line spot on it is extremely rewarding for the next straight. It takes a little trail an error to get it right, but overall for a MR car it will give you the confidence to exit turns at full blast, something most MR cars have a problem with. I did not really have to use any counter steer on any exits of turns.

The only warning I will give for this car is just to stay off the curbing, if hitting them you will be going for a ride.

My recommendation for this car is for those that want to learn to drive a MR car. It exhibits the tendencies of the drive train and how it will react, but reacting benign enough that it is easily controllable for most drivers. This tune is a fantastic replica that I recommend everyone to drive.

Power delivery - 8.3/10
Straight Line braking - 8.6/10
Trail Braking - 7.6/10
Corner entry - 7.8/10
Entry to Apex - 8.1/10
Apex exit - 8.4/10
Turn exit -8.2/10
Overall - 8.3/10

If you like a planted car that will not lose traction very much which is rewarding to drive at the limit and a little over it, then this tune with RH tires is the way to go. Thanks for the tune and when I get a chance I will have another go at a different car :-)

That will be a blunder of mine, I was too worried that higher BB value will make a lock up fest :lol:, apparently it was too low :D I recently received a review of the NSX GT2, hopefully the testers will have positive review like @miata13B did, it was reviewed on RH tire :P
Played it a little bit too safe unfortunately, don't worry though, others have fallen into that trap as well so you'll have company down there :lol:
Only got 3 Racers knocked out today, but will finish the rest up tomorrow, hopefully.
This is going to be a flash flood of results for the Road Racers, not even a hint all week and then everyone's results at once :lol:

@Bowtie-muscle Thanks you for being kind about my tune. :cheers: I`ve decided its just unfinished and will keep plugging away at it!

Has anyone made any progress on testing the Road Racers yet? I will be starting soon but I'm just curious about how everyone else is getting along

I`ve started testing road racers. I`ve had a bout of Man-flu so I`m a bit behind but will get them all done. Will probably post results on sunday evening.đź‘Ť

Thank you for catching my mistake, fixed.

@DolHaus please take note of my mistake and ensure the scoring is correct, sorry about that. :guilty:

@787bcgr I was kind of joking, normally you have great photos of your tune, this time you went in a different direction. Feel free to show one off if you feel up to it. :dopey:
PicsArt_1409698038703.jpg
:cheers:

I feel your pain, did a lot of retesting as well :embarrassed:.
Did not mention all of it in my review but you got the idea that someone made extra work for me, just saying.:P
The good news is that it changed some cars completely, one went from a 6 to a 9.5. The bad news is that I have to rewrite the review rather than just editing them.

Oddly though, if anyone still has @xande1959 's setup on the car try it with rigidity improvement and tell me it doesn't feel just like a Nissan GTR. I've never had a car feel so much like a completely different drivetrain/car before :lol:

HI :dopey:
.​

I believe someone mentioned cake :D

Thank you testers for the great feedback đź‘Ť I'll see if I can toughen up the front without losing the handle...sadly the massive push on throttle is still a mistery to me :(

And @Ronald6 stay out of my special drinks drawer! You're starting to sound like me :dopey:
Raise your front Arb a couple clicks, and change your front toe from 0.20 to -0.20 raise your LSD acceleration setting to 30+ that should help a lot with the mid-exit understeer that is presnt in your tune. Some fine tuning will be needed but should get you on your way, the toe setting will make the tires scream like a banchee in the tight turns lol

Just tested all of the RX7s only to remember on the last car that I had fitted rigidity improvement as an experiment before posting my tune.... 🤬
What a Wally!:lol:
I did the same with a different car, but only 1!

@MrGrado To get your transmission numbers, we have to...
Final = 5.500
Max Speed = 112mph
Adjust gears
Set Final again = 3.630
Is that correct?

@sinof1337
I could not get your transmission numbers...help?

Last edited:
Testing results for the HOT Version Drivetrain challenge.

All cars tested with grip set to real and ABS set by tuner at ABS1 or ABS0, all other aids off.

All cars got the same treatment. Tested first at Eiger Nordwand Short track than at Deep Forest. All cars received 10 laps or when I felt I got the best lap I could get from the car, which ever came second.

How I set my DC scoring; I base on how the car performed versus stock set up. 1-4 worse than stock. 5 equal to stock, 6/7 just faster/better than stock. 8/9 noticeably better than stock, am probably going to keep one or more of the tunes around for on/off line play. 10 OMG great car.

Street Classics:

Toyota Sprinter TRUENO GT-APEX AE86) '83:

@sinof1337 ABS 1/+1" Rims/Custom Wing) Tune Here

Lap times;

Eiger Nordwand;1:21.764 DC 6.5

Deep Forest;1:37.596 DC 8

Combined;2:59.360 DC;14.5 DCA; 7.25

Overall impressions of the tune; EN; Car was lacking in mid-exit grip making the first part of the course hard to take quickly, and the sweeping corners on the uphill required lift off to navigate without causing wheel spin. Over all turn response was good, throttle response good, stable, but if it broke loose there was little chance to save it. At deep forest this was much different animal it took to the turns here very well. I even went back to Eiger just to make sure it wasn't my getting used to the car. I found the car loved to high speed to drift, So i laid down a fast lap and went at having fun in the car. If i could have combined a few of the corners i did while drifting with the fast grip lap I think I would have gotten it to the 1:36’s maybe 1:35’s,

Overall this was a drifting tune I think and that is not my preferred driving style so it hurt on lap time. But the car was good, stable and in the hands of someone that knows how to handle a car in a drift I think this will get great scores and times.

@787bcgr ABS 0/+2" Rims) Tune Here

Lap times;

Eiger Nordwand; 1:21.929 DC 8

Deep Forest;1:37.151 DC 8

Combined;2:59.080 DC;16 DCA; 8

Overall impressions of the tune; Bunta would be proud..I think hard to tell with that guy. The car griped when it needed to and would slide when asked to. The hard part was braking and and entry if I got them right the car would just glide through the corners, if I got them wrong I was spinning out. This car seems as though it was built for this track it would slide the corners perfectly, I could take the last corner very quickly 145+ kmh. My only complaint with this car is I couldn't stand on the gas in the sweepers I had to lift off ever so slightly or I would fish.

@nijalninja ABS 1/Standard Rims/Improved Body Rigidity) Tune Here

Lap times;

Eiger Nordwand; 1:21.653 DC 7

Deep Forest;1:36.940 DC 8

Combined;2:58.593 DC;15 DCA; 7.5

Overall impressions of the tune; This car has a problem with unexpected weight shift, and that cost me more than one good lap when I would just catch a bump in the track and then spin, it was very stable otherwise, good rotation and easier to keep it inline in the turns compared to the other 86’s entered. LIttle bit of throttle control and this car came alive on deep forest, easily carrying more speed through most of the turns. The high rear camber and soft rear really helped to stabilize this car, but it also made it very knife edged due to body roll, as long as I stayed in the window it was fast but I slipped out of the window it was very unforgiving.

Honda Civic SiR -II EG) '91:

@Ridox2JZGTE ABS 0/Standard Rims/Improved Body Rigidity) Tune Here

Lap times;

Eiger Nordwand;1:23.677 DC 5

Deep Forest;1:37.509 DC 8

Combined;3:01.186 DC;14 DCA; 7

Overall impressions of the tune; Racing brakes+CM tires+ABS0=skid city. Once I got the hang of braking the car it became pretty good. The front end was a bit stiff causing some understeer in the car, the replication of the real race car was done very well but something changed in FF cars on 1.09 and the settings don’t work as well as they used too in 1.08. The back end of the car was just there it didn’t do a lot for the car except keep it’s rear bumper off the ground. Left foot braking made this car come alive, I even put into a few slides that it recovered from nicely.

@ImToLegitToQuit ABS 1/+1" Rims) Tune Here

Lap times;

Eiger Nordwand;1:20.857 DC 7

Deep Forest;1:35.770 DC 6

Combined;2:56.627 DC;13 DCA; 6.5

Overall impressions of the tune; Well balanced, good rotation, the back end felt as though it was doing it fair share of coming around and not being dragged along as is so common in FF cars. I think a 5 gear transmission would have worked better in this car to help reduce wheel spin in the corners, it was fast, even faster when I got the left foot braking done correctly would just rocket out of the corners. At Deep forest the hint of understeer that was present at Eiger became full blown understeer that was present from start to finsh of every turn, it made the car very unforgiving if I missed a entry. Once I learned how to adjust my line for it, I was able to lay a pretty fast lap.

@krenkme ABS 1/Standard Rims) Tune Here

Lap times;

Eiger Nordwand;1:20.865 DC 8

Deep Forest; 1:35.979 DC 8

Combined;2:56.844 DC;16 DCA; 8

Overall impressions of the tune; Well Mr. Krenkme for a “slow” tune it sure was fast. It had the least understeer of all of the Civic’s making a great car to drive. It was forgiving enough to allow for recovery for a missed entry and loose enough that I could chuck it around and use the tight turns and slide it through the sweepers at near the speed I was doing so at higher PP on softer tires. Well done sir.

@randyrockstiff ABS 1/Standard Rims) Tune Here

Lap times;

Eiger Nordwand;1:21.666 DC 5

Deep Forest1:36.984 DC 6

Combined;2:58.650 DC;11 DCA; 5.5

Overall impressions of the tune;This car was quick off the line, but slow in the turns, it had a fair bit of understeer from mid-exit, I could tell the front wheels were doing 99% of driving of the car and the back end was just sorta there. By lap 5 the back tires where ice cold and causing grip issues making the understeer worse. The car did fare better at deep forest than at Eiger, but I did find myself having to slow more than I liked for most corners to get the correct entry, Over all I think the settings where backwards for springs, the dampers and the toe, other wise it had a great drive very friendly to the driver, it was very predictable on what it would do. It was just stubborn as a mule for turns.

Mitsubishi GTO SR '95:

@xande1959 ABS 1/Standard Rims) Tune Here

Lap times;

Eiger Nordwand;1:22.143 DC 7

Deep Forest;1:37.657 DC 5

Combined;2:59.800 DC;12 DCA; 6

Overall impressions of the tune; Understeer at entry-mid corner on the mid speed and high speed turns made keeping a line difficult and required a slowdown of the car in the turn, It had great rotation at low speed, The persistent understeer at mid-high speed turns killed it at Deep forest I couldn't maintain speed for anything and still make the turn. The 6 speed gearbox is very odd. 200km/h in 5th gear….that''s where most others topped out in 6th gear. *yes i reset the transmission and tested again same thing.*

@DolHaus ABS 1/Standard Rims) Tune Here

Lap times;

Eiger Nordwand;1:20.627 DC 9

Deep Forest;1:36.118 DC 9

Combined;2:56.745 DC;18 DCA; 9

Overall impressions of the tune; Best GTO outta the lot IMO it handled the low, mid and high speed turns with ease. It was lacking a little in entry and exit grip but mid corner it was great. It had great rotation at any speed, It didn't do anything unexpected so it a very easy drive from start to finish.

@shaunm80 ABS 1/+1" Rims) Tune Here

Lap times;

Eiger Nordwand;1:20.946 DC 8

Deep Forest;1:37.497 DC 8

Combined;2:58.443 DC;16 DCA; 8

Overall impressions of the tune; The car had little entry grip, but fantastic rotation, and mid--exit grip, this made the low speed and twisty of Eiger a bit of a handful, once I got the entry down the car was a very nice drive. At DF it was the same story once I got the entry for the turns figured out it was quic and very good drive.

Toyota MR2 1600 G '86:

my interruption of a MR2, taken from Mr Hammond Top Gear BBC* “You’re sitting at bar having a great conversation with a bloke about his your than he just clocks you in the head, no warning. Nothing, just *pop* you’re on the floor”. Speaking about TVR in general. But I believe this applies quite well to the MR2.

@Otaliema ABS 1/+1" Rims/Improved Body Rigidity) Tune Here

Lap times;

Eiger Nordwand;1:20.464 DC 8.5

Deep Forest;1:35.766 DC 7.5

Combined;2:56.230 DC;16 DCA; 8

Overall impressions of the tune; This car was an odd duck, it was fast, stable and prone to tail spin, lift off in the sweepers was the key to getting through them, the tail would shift suddenly during turns causing lots of spins and prevented you from just smashing the gas in the high speed sweepers. There was a touch of understeer mid-exit, and tendency to over rotate on throttle use made getting on the throttle at or prior to the apex a difficult operation. The same throttle issues that made Eiger hard made Deep forest difficult, it was a very very knife edge tune, get it right it was fast very fast, get it wrong and you get a great look at where you just came from.

@Gino Caberlin ABS 1/+2" Rims/Improved Body Rigidity) Tune Here

Lap times;

Eiger Nordwand;1:21.572 DC 8

Deep Forest;1:36.154 DC 8

Combined;2:57.726 DC;16 DCA; 8

Overall impressions of the tune; Smooth & consistent was the name of the game with this car, if i pushed it let me know by knocking me up side the head and spinning me out.Over all very well done tune, what I expected from the MR2 fast, stable, sorta.

@praiano63 ABS 1/+2" Rims/Custom Wing/Improved Body Rigidity) Tune Here

Lap times;

Eiger Nordwand;1:20.304 DC 9.5

Deep Forest;1:35.095 DC 9

Combined;2:55.399 DC;18.5 DCA; 9.25

Overall impressions of the tune; Wow just wow, a MR2 that didn’t want to spin. Very very impressive. There was a noticeable amount of understeer present mid-exit on the car that I found hard to deal with if I missed the entry. Other than that little quirk this car was perfect at Eiger, This car was stable and fast here, I never got the perfect lap put together here like I did with Lionhearts tune but I could see another half second off the lap time with another 20 laps. The touch of understeer present in the car made for some off transitions in a few of corners that kept throwing me off I never got all the turns like that right in one lap. Overall very very good tune. Excellently done sir.

@brian wolf ABS 1/Standard Rims) Tune Here

Lap times;

Eiger Nordwand;1:21.842 DC 8.5

Deep Forest;1:37.630 DC 7.5

Combined; 2:59.472 DC;16 DCA; 8

Overall impressions of the tune; This was safe tune with a defined edge. As long as I was under the performance limit of the car for my abilities it was stable and responsive, soon as I went past that edge it started doing strange things, like glowing the inside rear mid-exit, understeering into a spin, As a general statement this was good car, just don’t pass the performance edge. It also didn’t really give you warning that it was about to fall off the edge.

@Lionheart2113 ABS 1/+2" Rims/Improved Body Rigidity/Custom Wing) Tune Here

Lap times;

Eiger Nordwand;1:20.355 DC 9

Deep Forest;1:34.655 DC 9

Combined;2:55.010 DC;18 DCA; 9

Overall impressions of the tune;fantastic tune, tamed down enough for the average driver to be able o actually drive this car (like me), but wild enough that you have to improve your driving or you’re in the dirt. It has a mile wide warning zone, unlike stock and most of the others in the challenge, it tells you it doesn’t like what you’re doing with a little bit of understeer before it clocks you in the head with a spin. This car gave me confidence that I could put in a turn and not end up looking at where I had just been. The BLOR that others have mentioned I was able to tame using left foot braking and release just prior to the apex of a turn the car had enough residual rotation to clear the apex before correcting it’s line and lettting me get back on the throttle. Very Very Very well done sir.

@Ronald6 ABS 1/+2" Rims) Tune Here

Lap times ;

Eiger Nordwand;1:21.392 DC 7.2

Deep Forest;1:37.274 DC 5

Combined; 2:58.666 DC;13.2 DCA; 6.6

Overall impressions of the tune; This car was very stable for how stiff it was, surprisingly little oversteer on this car, But it didn't like abrupt transitions from throttle to brake and back it would always snap over , If I was smooth on the transitions then it didn't mind them, even fast ones, it would handle without issues. At deep forest it was good, but hard to keep speed as it was prone to over steering in the high speed turns.

All cars tested with grip set to real and ABS set by tuner at ABS1 or ABS0, all other aids off.

All cars got the same treatment. Tested first at Eiger Nordwand Short track than at Deep Forest. All cars received 10 laps or when I felt I got the best lap I could get from the car, which ever came second.

How I set my DC scoring; I base on how the car performed versus stock set up. 1-4 worse than stock. 5 equal to stock, 6/7 just faster/better than stock. 8/9 noticeably better than stock, am probably going to keep one or more of the tunes around for on/off line play. 10 OMG great car.

Street Classics:

Lap times;

Overall impressions of the tune; EN; Car was lacking in mid-exit grip making the first part of the course hard to take quickly, and the sweeping corners on the uphill required lift off to navigate without causing wheel spin. Over all turn response was good, throttle response good, stable, but if it broke loose there was little chance to save it. At deep forest this was much different animal it took to the turns here very well. I even went back to Eiger just to make sure it wasn't my getting used to the car. I found the car loved to high speed to drift, So i laid down a fast lap and went at having fun in the car. If i could have combined a few of the corners i did while drifting with the fast grip lap I think I would have gotten it to the 1:36’s maybe 1:35’s,

Overall this was a drifting tune I think and that is not my preferred driving style so it hurt on lap time. But the car was good, stable and in the hands of someone that knows how to handle a car in a drift I think this will get great scores and times.

Lap times;

Overall impressions of the tune; Bunta would be proud..I think hard to tell with that guy. The car griped when it needed to and would slide when asked to. The hard part was braking and and entry if I got them right the car would just glide through the corners, if I got them wrong I was spinning out. This car seems as though it was built for this track it would slide the corners perfectly, I could take the last corner very quickly 145+ kmh. My only complaint with this car is I couldn't stand on the gas in the sweepers I had to lift off ever so slightly or I would fish.

Lap times;

Overall impressions of the tune; This car has a problem with unexpected weight shift, and that cost me more than one good lap when I would just catch a bump in the track and then spin, it was very stable otherwise, good rotation and easier to keep it inline in the turns compared to the other 86’s entered. LIttle bit of throttle control and this car came alive on deep forest, easily carrying more speed through most of the turns. The high rear camber and soft rear really helped to stabilize this car, but it also made it very knife edged due to body roll, as long as I stayed in the window it was fast but I slipped out of the window it was very unforgiving.

Lap times;

Overall impressions of the tune; Racing brakes+CM tires+ABS0=skid city. Once I got the hang of braking the car it became pretty good. The front end was a bit stiff causing some understeer in the car, the replication of the real race car was done very well but something changed in FF cars on 1.09 and the settings don’t work as well as they used too in 1.08. The back end of the car was just there it didn’t do a lot for the car except keep it’s rear bumper off the ground. Left foot braking made this car come alive, I even put into a few slides that it recovered from nicely.

Lap times;

Overall impressions of the tune; Well balanced, good rotation, the back end felt as though it was doing it fair share of coming around and not being dragged along as is so common in FF cars. I think a 5 gear transmission would have worked better in this car to help reduce wheel spin in the corners, it was fast, even faster when I got the left foot braking done correctly would just rocket out of the corners. At Deep forest the hint of understeer that was present at Eiger became full blown understeer that was present from start to finsh of every turn, it made the car very unforgiving if I missed a entry. Once I learned how to adjust my line for it, I was able to lay a pretty fast lap.

Lap times;

Overall impressions of the tune; Well Mr. Krenkme for a “slow” tune it sure was fast. It had the least understeer of all of the Civic’s making a great car to drive. It was forgiving enough to allow for recovery for a missed entry and loose enough that I could chuck it around and use the tight turns and slide it through the sweepers at near the speed I was doing so at higher PP on softer tires. Well done sir.

Lap times;

Overall impressions of the tune;This car was quick off the line, but slow in the turns, it had a fair bit of understeer from mid-exit, I could tell the front wheels were doing 99% of driving of the car and the back end was just sorta there. By lap 5 the back tires where ice cold and causing grip issues making the understeer worse. The car did fare better at deep forest than at Eiger, but I did find myself having to slow more than I liked for most corners to get the correct entry, Over all I think the settings where backwards for springs, the dampers and the toe, other wise it had a great drive very friendly to the driver, it was very predictable on what it would do. It was just stubborn as a mule for turns.

Mitsubishi GTO SR '95:

Lap times;

Overall impressions of the tune; Understeer at entry-mid corner on the mid speed and high speed turns made keeping a line difficult and required a slowdown of the car in the turn, It had great rotation at low speed, The persistent understeer at mid-high speed turns killed it at Deep forest I couldn't maintain speed for anything and still make the turn. The 6 speed gearbox is very odd. 200km/h in 5th gear….that''s where most others topped out in 6th gear. *yes i reset the transmission and tested again same thing.*

Lap times;

Overall impressions of the tune; Best GTO outta the lot IMO it handled the low, mid and high speed turns with ease. It was lacking a little in entry and exit grip but mid corner it was great. It had great rotation at any speed, It didn't do anything unexpected so it a very easy drive from start to finish.

Lap times;

Overall impressions of the tune; The car had little entry grip, but fantastic rotation, and mid--exit grip, this made the low speed and twisty of Eiger a bit of a handful, once I got the entry down the car was a very nice drive. At DF it was the same story once I got the entry for the turns figured out it was quic and very good drive.

Toyota MR2 1600 G '86:

my interruption of a MR2, taken from Mr Hammond Top Gear BBC* “You’re sitting at bar having a great conversation with a bloke about his your than he just clocks you in the head, no warning. Nothing, just *pop* you’re on the floor”. Speaking about TVR in general. But I believe this applies quite well to the MR2.

Lap times;

Overall impressions of the tune; This car was an odd duck, it was fast, stable and prone to tail spin, lift off in the sweepers was the key to getting through them, the tail would shift suddenly during turns causing lots of spins and prevented you from just smashing the gas in the high speed sweepers. There was a touch of understeer mid-exit, and tendency to over rotate on throttle use made getting on the throttle at or prior to the apex a difficult operation. The same throttle issues that made Eiger hard made Deep forest difficult, it was a very very knife edge tune, get it right it was fast very fast, get it wrong and you get a great look at where you just came from.

Lap times;

Overall impressions of the tune; Smooth & consistent was the name of the game with this car, if i pushed it let me know by knocking me up side the head and spinning me out.Over all very well done tune, what I expected from the MR2 fast, stable, sorta.

Lap times;

Overall impressions of the tune; Wow just wow, a MR2 that didn’t want to spin. Very very impressive. There was a noticeable amount of understeer present mid-exit on the car that I found hard to deal with if I missed the entry. Other than that little quirk this car was perfect at Eiger, This car was stable and fast here, I never got the perfect lap put together here like I did with Lionhearts tune but I could see another half second off the lap time with another 20 laps. The touch of understeer present in the car made for some off transitions in a few of corners that kept throwing me off I never got all the turns like that right in one lap. Overall very very good tune. Excellently done sir.

Lap times;

Overall impressions of the tune; This was safe tune with a defined edge. As long as I was under the performance limit of the car for my abilities it was stable and responsive, soon as I went past that edge it started doing strange things, like glowing the inside rear mid-exit, understeering into a spin, As a general statement this was good car, just don’t pass the performance edge. It also didn’t really give you warning that it was about to fall off the edge.

Lap times;

Overall impressions of the tune;fantastic tune, tamed down enough for the average driver to be able o actually drive this car (like me), but wild enough that you have to improve your driving or you’re in the dirt. It has a mile wide warning zone, unlike stock and most of the others in the challenge, it tells you it doesn’t like what you’re doing with a little bit of understeer before it clocks you in the head with a spin. This car gave me confidence that I could put in a turn and not end up looking at where I had just been. The BLOR that others have mentioned I was able to tame using left foot braking and release just prior to the apex of a turn the car had enough residual rotation to clear the apex before correcting it’s line and lettting me get back on the throttle. Very Very Very well done sir.

Lap times ;

Overall impressions of the tune; This car was very stable for how stiff it was, surprisingly little oversteer on this car, But it didn't like abrupt transitions from throttle to brake and back it would always snap over , If I was smooth on the transitions then it didn't mind them, even fast ones, it would handle without issues. At deep forest it was good, but hard to keep speed as it was prone to over steering in the high speed turns.
Thank you for the review, glad you enjoyed the car đź‘Ť

I will update the results soon, I moved 3 tons of gravel with a shovel this afternoon and now my arms don't want to cooperate :crazy:

@Otaliema : Thanks for the review :) I knew that some of my 1.08 creations will not drive well on later version :) This is the 1st one that I didn't work well, and I have over 30 replicas waiting in the garage to be posted that were made in 1.08 :lol: I drove my Diablo GT and Ferrari 512BB replica a while ago at 1.09, and they drove exceptionally well at Red Bull Ring on comfort medium ( replica tires - real life weight distribution, rear heavy, real life weight and power + gearing & alignment ) :eek: I will update the Civic when I got the chance, I reckon some damper, ARB and alignment tuning on 1.09 will make it much better.

I also noticed that racing brakes mentioned in the review, as I recalled, my entry has standard brakes :) And I also starting to see why some of my 1.08 creations don't work on 1.09 or later. With updated physics, from my last test session on my replicas, damper, ARB, toe and camber works differently on 1.09 onwards. I noticed a lot of handling and grip changes from when I drove them on 1.08, some have more oversteer, some understeer more, some felt much easier to drive ( F40, 512BB and Diablo GT are some of them ) Camber also introduces some unique handling around corners on some of my replicas, the F40 becomes more stable and has that nice feeling of the tire reacting under cornering load with higher rear camber, the opposite of 1.08, where it will easily lose grip/slide, now on 1.09 it works like it should with the toe in, damper and ARB. On most of tested replicas, ARB now even with 1 click change can alter the car behavior on cornering when camber is used ( around 1.0 to 3.0+ ), more closer to real life IMO :D

Street Classics:

Lap times;

Lap times;

Lap times;

Lap times;

Lap times;

Lap times;

Lap times;

Mitsubishi GTO SR '95:

Lap times;

Lap times;

Lap times;

Toyota MR2 1600 G '86:

Lap times;

Lap times;

Lap times;

Lap times;

Lap times;

Lap times ;

as they say in slang born caretaking sintoinia my fault this car starting with the transmission not configured, but that was not the moitivo pessima of my performance in this tuning, I recognize that my G27 pedals are making difference'm not using them do not work then set up the steering wheel to accelerate the red button on the right and left button to brake, I'm trying to fit in but I'll work on this in the future because I like him.

thanks to all testers who had the job.:cheers:

Back