FM4 leaked footage trailer!! (not april fools)

• Thread starter vkss
  • 397 comments
from the video looks like its aimed to appeal to the masses with all the kinect crap, i mean the guys says "so kids can race their favorite cars online". Sounds like theyre talking about some arcade racer and not a driving/racing simulator. they didnt talk about the physics at all and it seems like they're aiming for better looking graphics than the competition. the fake motionblur on the hollywood style camera would make it look arcadey. I mean they do want to sell a lot of copys and everything but I hope they dont just go for pretty graphics but focus on the driving and the experience on the track. I feel like a lot of games today are focusing on appealing to the masses which is usually kids and people who want a pretty and flashy game, which usually ends up dumbing down the game. Leave that to games like hot pursuit and burnout (which are still fun), but forza needs to remember that this is a simulator

In the UK Chevrolets have been rehashed Deawoos until recently, but not anymore. The Cruze is a vast improvement, but it still isn't up with the best yet. It is basically a Vauxhall Astra platform, but with a simpler (and cheaper) Torsion beam rear suspension instead of a Multilink set up.

I personally would like to see every car ever made in a game one day, purely for the variety, but realistically I reckon 500 is a good starting point. As long as it mixes the best, the worst, the most interesting and some strange choices in each segment I would be happy. And more Fiats!

LOL...not sure if serious. The Cruze is actually one of the best, if not the best car in the market in its class.

Rebadged Daewoo? ROFL. Sorry son, but the Cruze is built on the Delta II platform, which was developed GM's Opel brand in Germany. Daewoo did receive a rebadged version of the Cruze, called the Lacetti.

"The Australian arm of GM, Holden, announced at the Melbourne International Motor Show on February 27, 2009 that sales of the South Korean-produced Cruze would begin under the Holden brand"

"Most of the design work was conducted by GM Daewoo (now GM Korea)"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holden_Cruze#Holden_Cruze

Do a little more research. The cruze is deved in south korea....hmmm who is from south korea?.....chev? nope... opel? nope.....but daewoo is.

On another note a friend of mine had a 2011 model for about 3 months, baught it brand new.Throughout the entire 3 months he had it, it had various electrical faults and a few major engine faults. It was only 3 weeks before it was back on a toe truck to the dealer because it wouldnt start. then another month after that it was back at the dealer again because it would start but wouldnt idle for more than a few seconds, 2 weeks after that it had a blown head gasket! after that he sat it in the garage until he traded it in on a holden colerado for the wife and kids to run around in.

A car can be voted "best in class" by people that just look at spec sheets and safety ratings all day long. Doesnt mean its actually a good car in reality. The cruze is a pice of crap. that is that lol.

The car may have been developed and designed in South Korea, bit still used a GM platform. So it is a bit of both. Like a Seat using a Golf platform. It may have been designed in Spain, but using German engineering.

Either way, it is not the best in class by any stretch of the imagination according to most reviewers I've read. Better, but not yet up there with the best.

"The Australian arm of GM, Holden, announced at the Melbourne International Motor Show on February 27, 2009 that sales of the South Korean-produced Cruze would begin under the Holden brand"

"Most of the design work was conducted by GM Daewoo (now GM Korea)"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holden_Cruze#Holden_Cruze

Do a little more research. The cruze is deved in south korea....hmmm who is from south korea?.....chev? nope... opel? nope.....but daewoo is.

On another note a friend of mine had a 2011 model for about 3 months, baught it brand new.Throughout the entire 3 months he had it, it had various electrical faults and a few major engine faults. It was only 3 weeks before it was back on a toe truck to the dealer because it wouldnt start. then another month after that it was back at the dealer again because it would start but wouldnt idle for more than a few seconds, 2 weeks after that it had a blown head gasket! after that he sat it in the garage until he traded it in on a holden colerado for the wife and kids to run around in.

A car can be voted "best in class" by people that just look at spec sheets and safety ratings all day long. Doesnt mean its actually a good car in reality. The cruze is a pice of crap. that is that lol.

LOL..Epic fail ^^^

From your same link...though not sure what good this will do because apparently you have reading comprehension issues...

Development - Underpinned by the front-wheel drive GM Delta II platform, GM has confirmed the Cruze development program occurred under a global design and engineering team. Most of the design work was conducted by GM Daewoo (now GM Korea), with GM's Opel division responsible for most of the engineering.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_Delta_II_platform

Delta II is General Motors' future compact car platform, which was developed by Opel in Germany. It is the successor to the GM Delta platform. Internally it is simply known as a new Global Compact Vehicle Architecture or GCV.
[edit]Applications
Production vehicles based on Delta II platform:
2008 Global (2011 for U.S.) Chevrolet Cruze (Daewoo Lacetti Premiere/Holden Cruze)[1

My sister has a Cruze, as does 2 others at my work. Had them since day one, not a single problem.

Enjoy! Not developed in South Korea. So much fail on your part, it hilarious. ROFL

Either way, it is not the best in class by any stretch of the imagination according to most reviewers I've read. Better, but not yet up there with the best.

Unless you are reading Consumer Reports, nothing in it's class can match it.

Last edited:
Auto express group test - Chevrolet Cruze vs Skoda Octavia

"Arriving in the family car class with an attractive price puts you up against some talented opposition. The Octavia has already beaten value-for-money versions of some of the sector's finest. And with an impractical saloon body, the Cruze is fighting with the equivalent of one arm tied behind its back.

It's packed with standard kit, so represents real value for money. Plus, its impressive dynamics bode well for the next-generation Vauxhall Astra. In the end, though, the Skoda eases home. The more lively engine, classy interior, practical load capacity and superior long haul comfort give it the edge.

The Chevy is a smart and well equipped alternative for buyers who want something different. But Skoda has such an incredible reputation for customer service and reliability it's hard to look beyond the Octavia."

In another group test by Auto Express the KIA Cee'd also beats the Cruze.

AutoCar's verdict is:

"Nobody interested in the kind of sharpened responses offered by, say, a Ford Focus, would be entirely happy with the Cruze. However, the quality of the car, especially the interior, the cruising refinement, the promised safety and the extremely competitive pricing make the Cruze a highly intriguing prospect."

I still admire the dramatic improvement thy have made, but I do not think it is the best yet. Having the Astra as a basis to work from has helped them immensely though.

Maybe we should have some Skoda's in FM4? The VRS models are actually damn nice cars come to think of it. The Cee'd is also a must if the TG test track is in.

Last edited:
Development - Underpinned by the front-wheel drive GM Delta II platform,.

All this means is that the design is based on the same floorpan that opel developed previously. It doesnt even say that it uses the same floorpan..It just basically states that it is based on it.

With the floorpan modified by daewoo...and everything else designed by daewoo with most of the engineering done by opel. What you have is a design that SHOULD have been 100% designed and engineered by opel. But for some reason was designed by daewoo, then given back to opel to make the happen. In my books...thats still a daewoo.

At the end of the day..south korean produced car designed by daewoo is a daewoo...regardless of who puts the engine and suspension in it. there is no 2 ways about it.

Thats all well and good tho. You fight tooth and nail to protect the name of your sisters daewoo. You love that little car buddy. Champion its cheap 4 door underpowered front wheel drive patheticness all over the world. Most of south korea will support you. 👍

On another note, I wouldnt mind seeing skoda in fm4. I would like to see some more japanese sport varients that missed out on fm3 more though. the Stagea, Calidna, Soarer, Legnum, GTfour (all generations) come to mind before they start adding uninspiring A to B appliance type cars.

Man I'm sorry I even mentioned the Cruze now :(
One point though, if one person "designs" something and the other "engineers" it isn't it usually the "engineer" that gives the "OK" on whether something will work or not or is worth bothering with?

I mean I can design a house raised on bamboo stalks by the ocean to give that tropical look but isn't it the engineer whose going to smack me upside the head and say "Hey unless you want your house floating away in the next tidal storm you better put something better than bamboo poles underneath"?

That is a good point t.o.

I guess it depends on what part of the world you come from in that regard. In some places the term engineering could strictly mean manufacturing. While in other places the terms engineering and designing might aswell mean the same thing. Its really an open book on that one.

The way I read it with the cruz, Daewoo designed it, It was given to opel to make that design fit together and work.

My main point is that its a piece of korean crap (and it is..produced in south korea,by daewoo. and atleast here in australia they have had various recalls for fuel line issues, head gasket issues and are plagued with other quality control issues you would expect from a daewoo or kia or such. certainly not the quality of vehicle you would expect to come from holden). And really has no place taking up valuable slots that could be used by far more interesting, entertaining and exotic cars.

Last edited:
My main point is that its a piece of korean crap (and it is..produced in south korea,by daewoo. and atleast here in australia they have had various recalls for fuel line issues, head gasket issues and are plagued with other quality control issues you would expect from a daewoo or kia or such. certainly not the quality of vehicle you would expect to come from holden). And really has no place taking up valuable slots that could be used by far more interesting, entertaining and exotic cars.

Sorry, but that just isn't the case. But you are entitled to your opinion.

I agree that for what it is, the Cruze is GOOD, not the best, but not crap.

It is underpowered when compared to anything sporty, but not when compared to with other cars in the sector. It just not the best at everything and there are all round better alternatives.

Reliability may be an issue, but look at owners forums all round the world and they all have problems. VW, BMW, Mercedes, Audi even Honda and Toyota have their fare share.

By all means, include the car in FM4, there is a place for everything with 4 wheels and an engine in my book as I love cars, just some more than others :)

hat is true regarding all makes and models having complaints on forums. This is because most people with problems join forums seeking information. Its quite rare that somebody with no problems will take the time to seek a forum to tell people about how great their 4 wheeled appliance is. Having said that. I can almost garuntee that 99% of the cars you will find people complaining about have not had several major recalls, AND are still plagued with other issues. This is where the cruze differs. Atleast in Australia. It is a cheap south korean piece of crap, it drives like one, it feels like one, it sounds like one...And most importantly, it breaks down like one.

Re: including it in forza. It takes time and money to put a car in a video game. It also takes up small section of a finite amount of storage space. For every car they include, there is also a car they cant include for the previous reasons. Now, Given forza is a somewhat fantacy race simulator. If ones life is really that pathetic, And they are that boring a person that all day long they sit at their desk and can think of nothing more than driving their cheap underpowered, underdeveloped, underengineered and undersized entry level family sedan home so they can fire up forza and drive a simulated cheap underpowered, underdeveloped, underengineered and undersized entry level family sedan that they have modified to look exactly like their own right down to every scratch. Then I feel extremely sorry for said individual.

If you want to drive boring every day cars that every human being on the planet has access to, then by all means buy one. Or go to the local dealership and test drive it. But PLEASE leave the limited amount of space and time for more desirable, rare, exciting cars that most people will never ever get close enough to breathe on the real thing!

My 2c on the issue.

Last edited:
FYI, the Astra version of the Delta II isn't a multi-link rear, but a torsion beam with a Watt's Linkage.

Re: including it in forza. It takes time and money to put a car in a video game. It also takes up small section of a finite amount of storage space. For every car they include, there is also a car they cant include for the previous reasons. Now, Given forza is a somewhat fantacy race simulator. If ones life is really that pathetic, And they are that boring a person that all day long they sit at their desk and can think of nothing more than driving their cheap underpowered, underdeveloped, underengineered and undersized entry level family sedan home so they can fire up forza and drive a simulated cheap underpowered, underdeveloped, underengineered and undersized entry level family sedan that they have modified to look exactly like their own right down to every scratch. Then I feel extremely sorry for said individual.

If you want to drive boring every day cars that every human being on the planet has access to, then by all means buy one. Or go to the local dealership and test drive it. But PLEASE leave the limited amount of space and time for more desirable, rare, exciting cars that most people will never ever get close enough to breathe on the real thing!

You're right man. I mean who in their right mind would want to own this car. And I don't know what I was thinking trying to get it included in Forza, well u said Forza is "fantacy" racing so I guess it would make sense but I mean really to include this car in a racing simulator is RIDICULOUS I mean seriously where would you see this car on a track and what serious racing game would have such a non-race car in it. I mean really, like there's seriously a group of people who actually race with this car......

5-tom_cruze-album4-modified-cruze-s-picture9-chevy-cruze-british-touring-car-championship-race-car.jpg

images

BTCC%20Cruze.jpg

chevy-cruze-nets-dou-2_800x0w.jpg

2010-british-touring-car-championship-chevrolet-cruze-race-car-racing.jpg

Cruze_WTCC_Muller_400x267.jpg

Cruze_WTCC_running_400x267.jpg

dont suppose you could supply a list of parts that remain factory and unmodified on the wtcc cruzes do you?

I have no problem with race replicas being included. that does not however make the street car a race car. And one has about as much in common with the other as a bottle rocket does with an icbm

dont suppose you could supply a list of parts that remain factory and unmodified on the wtcc cruzes do you?

I have no problem with race replicas being included. that does not however make the street car a race car. And one has about as much in common with the other as a bottle rocket does with an icbm

What on earth are you talking about son.

You're right man. I mean who in their right mind would want to own this car. And I don't know what I was thinking trying to get it included in Forza, well u said Forza is "fantacy" racing so I guess it would make sense but I mean really to include this car in a racing simulator is RIDICULOUS I mean seriously where would you see this car on a track and what serious racing game would have such a non-race car in it. I mean really, like there's seriously a group of people who actually race with this car......

Two things:

One -
Stop using text speak - the AUP here clearly states it is not permitted.

Two -
Do you honestly believe that the BTCC/WTCC Cruze is that clsoely related to the road car you are very much mistaken. The BTCC/WTCC regs don't even require the engine to come from the homologated car, just from a car from that manufacturer. Your post is an argument to get the BTCC/WTCC Cruze in FM4 not the road car.

http://argent.fia.com/web/fia-public.nsf/C0EE321FCFA14CA2C125784D005EC091/$FILE/255%20(11-12)-080311.pdf

Scaff

Last edited:
What difference does it make if we are discussing WTCC or Cruze factory? We want a Cruze, be it road or WTCC in the game. Just because a couple others don't and have a differing opinion of the vehicle in question doesn't make our request any less or more valuable than theirs.

Just wow.

What difference does it make if we are discussing WTCC or Cruze factory? We want a Cruze, be it road or WTCC in the game. Just because a couple others don't and have a differing opinion of the vehicle in question doesn't make our request any less or more valuable than theirs.

Just wow.

At what point did I say it was less or more valuable than any other car?

I didn't.

At what point did I say that any version of the Cruze should not be in the game (or any game)?

I didn't.

What I did quite clearly say is that using the WTCC/BTCC Cruze as a reason why the road car shold be included (as the poster clearly did) is fundementally flawed logic. Nothinhg more and nothing less. The two cars share a basic body shape and a few (and I do mean few) components and that's about it. The have as much in common as an entry level Ford Focus and a WRC Focus have in common.

So indeed 'Just wow'.

Scaff

Last edited:
What I did quite clearly say is that using the WTCC/BTCC Cruze as a reason why the road car shold be included (as the poster clearly did) is fundementally flawed logic.
This would be true if you couldn't tune almost all cars in the game to a race car, including the livery. ;) While that wouldn't be an exact copy of the real S2000 Cruze, I am pretty sure you could come very close.

This would be true if you couldn't tune almost all cars in the game to a race car, including the livery. ;) While that wouldn't be an exact copy of the real S2000 Cruze, I am pretty sure you could come very close.

If this were Shift and the 'works' converetions I might buy it, but the changes required do make them almost totally different cars.

You can't take a Cruze from a showroom and turn it into a WTCC/BTCC car, all the Race Teams take is a bare bodyshell and even that gets acid dipped.

Now if FM4 has a Race Modification / Works Converstion option like GT5/SU2 then we might be talking, but that's an unknown for now (but would be nice).

Scaff

All I said was I wanted the Cruze in the game and this long drawn out thing evolves. Nobody never even asked which or what Cruze I was talking about. In any case and with other cars in the Forza series there are usually standard and race versions with liveries and required under the hood mods for it. So any and all Cruze could easily hit the game.

And on another note, I've been on the Earth for many years. Put it like this, I'm just a careless night from my son from becoming a grandfather. These forums remind me alot of the worse when I was in the Army (well not the WORSE worse, trust me you don't want to hear that, but dealing with some people worse) where instead of a rank on one's collar people use anonymity to hide behind and have a nasty tone in the way they communicate with each other. It's not just here but almost every message board. I'm guilty of it too at times but it's something that is really getting old and needs to stop. And we're all guilty of it. From the lowly "buck private" to the "commander in chief" here at gtplanet. This is just my two cents and probably why I've been trimming down my participation in forums greatly since the peak.

I think we are all missing the point here.

Scaff entered this thread, and didnt single me out, give me an infringement and threaten to ban me! Somebody must have hacked his account, In that case...WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH OUR MODERATER?!?!

On a more serious note, Scaff you made my point exactly. Thank you. The street going cruze is a very sorry piece of garbage that I cant imagine anybody that is by any standard ever used today or in history considerably sane would want to spend time driving in a game when they could have other cars to drive.

The cruze race car doesnt even need to have the same engine as the street car, and is no more a chev/holden/daewoo (lacetti) cruze than a carton of milk is a space shuttle.

On that note I would be all for the race cruze (bearing no significant similarity to the car sold by the same name) being included in the game.

So from my mouth, heres hoping that Turn10 spend their time including more fire breathing, neck snapping, awe inspiring supercars, hypercars and classic sports cars. And less tree hugging, mind numbing, underpowered, appliance like econoboxes that are usually purchased by people that either A: have no intereste in cars or automotive sports or B: Consider counting bugs on the ceiling an exciting past time.

Now can we finally drop this cruze madness and collectively hassle turn10 for more information on the game!

The street going cruze is a very sorry piece of garbage that I cant imagine anybody that is by any standard ever used today or in history considerably sane would want to spend time driving in a game when they could have other cars to drive.

Your opinion has been duly noted. We got it.

Im just trying to put things into perspective mate. If you were taken to a track by a friend of yours, And he said to you "righto..tracks yours for the day. I have 2 cars here, but you can only drive one of them, do you want the straight off the showroom floor cruze(or insert grocery getter econobox here) , or the 599XX?(or insert super mega hyper car here)" Can you honestly tell me that you would jump in the boring as wallpaper paste 1.6 litre front wheel drive appliance instead of the exciting supercar?

In reality, I dont think anybody on this earth in their right mind could have the chance to drive a supercar, but throw it away to drive an appliance instead. If you are sane, and you say otherwise. You are lieing...that simple.

When talking about taking up slots in a video game. As I mentioned for every one car you include, theres literally hundreds you leave out for a sheer torrent of reasons. So to take up precious spots with cars that are nothing more than appliances, and in turn leaving out exciting performance machines. Well, It kind of defeats the purpose of making an exciting racing sim doesnt it?

Thats all Im saying mate...put things into perspective a little hey.

-=DV=-
Now, Given forza is a somewhat fantacy race simulator. If ones life is really that pathetic, And they are that boring a person that all day long they sit at their desk and can think of nothing more than driving their cheap underpowered, underdeveloped, underengineered and undersized entry level family sedan home so they can fire up forza and drive a simulated cheap underpowered, underdeveloped, underengineered and undersized entry level family sedan that they have modified to look exactly like their own right down to every scratch. Then I feel extremely sorry for said individual.

But driving is fun, driving any car to it's limits is fun. And it can only really be pushed to its outer limits or beyond in games or on the track because we are not stupid enough to risk killing people for the sake of fun.

Also, just remembered an interesting article I read.

Independent warranty provider Warranty Direct has claimed that the most reliable cars on sale in the UK are those wearing Chevrolet badges.

Warranty Direct's Reliability Index is updated every three months. It logs the frequency of problems as well as the typical repair bill.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/articles/2011/04/cars/toyota/chevrolet-is-most-reliable-car-maker

Disclaimer:

I do not believe that the Cruze is the best in the class. It has been matched and surpassed by a number of cars.

It is not a car I would buy unless it was an irresistible deal. Then I might consider it.

It is considered by the UK motoring press as a good car for the money.

It does have the wrong badge on it (round here at least) and does look like a Hyundai the back.

I would enjoy pushing it up to an beyond the limits of what it can do.

Edit: I would never choose a car like this over a supercar in a game, but with 500+ in the game there is space for both surely?
Which cars were left out to accommodate the Chevy Aveo in FM3? FM3 had all of the great modern super cars and more came via DLC.

Last edited:
Im just trying to put things into perspective mate. If you were taken to a track by a friend of yours, And he said to you "righto..tracks yours for the day. I have 2 cars here, but you can only drive one of them, do you want the straight off the showroom floor cruze(or insert grocery getter econobox here) , or the 599XX?(or insert super mega hyper car here)" Can you honestly tell me that you would jump in the boring as wallpaper paste 1.6 litre front wheel drive appliance instead of the exciting supercar?

In reality, I dont think anybody on this earth in their right mind could have the chance to drive a supercar, but throw it away to drive an appliance instead. If you are sane, and you say otherwise. You are lieing...that simple.

I no doubt can agree with that.

When talking about taking up slots in a video game. As I mentioned for every one car you include, theres literally hundreds you leave out for a sheer torrent of reasons. So to take up precious spots with cars that are nothing more than appliances, and in turn leaving out exciting performance machines. Well, It kind of defeats the purpose of making an exciting racing sim doesnt it?

Thats all Im saying mate...put things into perspective a little hey.

I understand. But as we know, there are reasons why Polophony Digital and Turn 10 put econoboxes in their games. And if they HAVE to have econoboxes present, I would prefer the Cruze for FM4, and have them dump some of the others, like the Aveo or Civic or whatever.

Latest Posts

Back