FM5 music is back in FM6

• Thread starter TonyJZX
  • 40 comments
I'm not sure I agree with you after playing Forza Horizon 1 & 2.

Should have said Forza Motorsport there. Certainly wasn't an afterthought in Horizon. That said I've played games with great curated licensed soundtracks before (Tony Hawk 1, 2 & 3 immediately spring to mind) and Horizon's always seemed too Top 40 heavy for me.

Anyone else out there like the music in the FM6 demo? I took another look at it today, and the very first menu track caught me by surprise, it's pretty excellent (until the dramatic race-sequence starts up). After a bit longer in the demo, the track changed to some downtempo-industrial type stuff, and was really decent imho, for just a game. I wonder who they brought in to produce the music...

Anyone else out there like the music in the FM6 demo? I took another look at it today, and the very first menu track caught me by surprise, it's pretty excellent (until the dramatic race-sequence starts up). After a bit longer in the demo, the track changed to some downtempo-industrial type stuff, and was really decent imho, for just a game. I wonder who they brought in to produce the music...
I also like the music, and its dynamic programming.

what I need though in the full game, is a full mixer for various sound channels and music too.
music is great as long as engine and tires sound 10x higher for me :D

edit:
music producer is Lance Hayes

he worked in forza 5

he worked in forza 4

he worked in forza 3

;)

Last edited:
I like the use of treated sounds in this soundtrack and how much more rhythmic and connected it sounds to me.

The ambient music in the menus is pretty nice. I like how different themes flow seamlessly in between menus / pre-race and loading screens. The rather heavy use of synthesizers also brings back some great memories playing racing games on Playstation in the 1990s. :D

I switched off the overly dramatic in-race music off as fast as I could though. No harm done as I always prefer nothing but car sounds when on track.

I just can't stand the forgettable action movie orchestral score used in-game. Why do developers think that's all racing fans want? The background music update can't come fast enough.

Glad this rumour turned out to be so much BS. The new music is fab.

I have to apologize for perpetuating that rumor. I was under the impression that the music was extremely similar to FM5's music. I am glad that I was wrong. So glad I was wrong. The Music in FM6 is awesome. My only gripe with the music, is you can't adjust it to be louder.

Back