FM5 music is back in FM6

• Thread starter TonyJZX
  • 40 comments

TonyJZX

(Banned)
Australia
Australia
Due to overwhelming demand, they have decided to reuse FM5 music in FM6.

I know you guys all enjoyed FM5 music and hate Forza 4 and Horizon's music.

This is great news.

I actually don't mind the music in FM5 (except for the races though) coming back in FM6, because the music in the main menu sounded absolutely wonderful. I even saved it on to my laptop. :D But I want T10 to actually release the full track of it this time, since this one I have only has the ones playing when you're inside the tuning menu (talking about the beats). :/

After many years of reading DG's reasons for doing things I rather suspect that the truth is actually that they're simply using the same music.

This is great news.
I really don't know if you're being sarcastic or not.

Actually? Thank [deity of choice]. One thing I love about PS3 is precisely that.

Definitely going to load up GT1 menu music for the FM6 menus, just for the laughs.

GT2 for me. :D
GT5's Hot Stuff and The Road To Success by Norihito Sumitomo are some of my favourites but I'm afraid I'll have to plump for Legendary Ratio and Paris/Rouen from the FM4 soundtrack. When they hinted that certain "tracks" would return from previous versions of Forza I hoped they meant those two. Oh, and the Ridge Racer Type 4 soundtrack.

This is great news.

I actually do favor FM5's mature soundtrack over dubstep and that sort of crap. I actually do hate FH2's soundtrack.

The problem with awesome/terrible soundtracks is that there's no universal consensus of what's good and bad. Odds are that if Turn 10 asked you to create an awesome soundtrack, I'd probably hate the garbage you selected. FM5's soundtrack was just classical instrumental type stuff, not hip-hop, country, or dubstep. FM5's music was musical, whereas FH2's music can be amazing or ungodly horrible depending on personal taste.

Either way, I'm a serious player and I value audio feedback from the car and tires, so I either turn music down low or off altogether in racing games, unless it's arcadey like The Crew in which case I don't need audio feedback so much.

Actually? Thank [deity of choice]. One thing I love about PS3 is precisely that.

Definitely going to load up GT1 menu music for the FM6 menus, just for the laughs.

Did that in GT6 - was surprisingly fitting.

There's something oddly satisfying about doing races in FH2 while listening to the classical station. Shame it's so repetitive. I just turned the radio off this month after it staying on that pretty much since it unlocked.

SVX
Did that in GT6 - was surprisingly fitting.

Wasn't it?! I finally logged in for the first time in months earlier this week (end-of-month internet bill said I had a lot of bandwidth left, and GT6 needed updating), and it was fantastic being greeted by this:

GT1 menu music is timeless. It should be an option for every game. Every. Single. Game. :P

Wasn't it?! I finally logged in for the first time in months earlier this week (end-of-month internet bill said I had a lot of bandwidth left, and GT6 needed updating), and it was fantastic being greeted by this:

GT1 menu music is timeless. It should be an option for every game. Every. Single. Game. :P

I think it was one of your posts that inspired me to try it actually!

GT should stand for Great Tunes--seriously, GT had a truly memorable soundtrack back in the day.
Personally, I love the Dodge theme most of all. :P

This is great news.

(Your sarcasm is understood.)

FM6 is using new music, but in the same style of Forza 5, which is great news for me. I really enjoyed many of the menu songs of FM5. My favorite is the one where the ladies are singing "Kamehameha". LOL.

No really, I like the song. Here it is...

See... Kamehameha. :lol:
This is the full mix, and not the looped and paired back version you'd encounter in game.

I can absolutely live with the menu music but, the racing music wasn't my cup of tea. It sounds more like something I would want to hear in a Civil War themed FPS, where the player is on horseback leading his troop into battle. It does react to the positions you gain, how you handle turns and what position you are in, so if you knew what to listen for you can use the music as a driver's aid of sorts. I turned it off, because I didn't think the songs fit the racing, and in general music during racing games is distracting. There are exceptions to this, but in race music gets the off switch treatment in most cases.

Last edited:
I had no idea Forza 5's race music was reactive, because I turned it off as soon as I could. Colour me interested to try it out now, though.

I like the electronic warbling versions you get in the tuning menus. I think John Broomhall's Journeyman is my favourite track though. I'd agree with @Dopplegagger that the in-race Part 2's are a waste of time despite the clever tech though.

I feel like music has always been an afterthought in Forza and that's a shame cause something all my favorite games have in common is that I've loved their soundtracks.

I feel like music has always been an afterthought in Forza and that's a shame cause something all my favorite games have in common is that I've loved their soundtracks.

I'm not sure I agree with you after playing Forza Horizon 1 & 2.

Back