font

• Thread starter Talentless
  • 10 comments
You can already use any font on the web in your messages. The ones provided in the menu above your post are simply suggestions, or templates. Simply replace the name of the font with the custom one you want to use. Here's some examples below. Just keep in mind that if you do not have the font installed on your computer (in the WINDOWS/Fonts/ directory), it will show as the normal font for the page (in GTP's case, that would be Verdana).

[font=georgia]GTPlanet[/font]
GTPlanet

[font=webdings]GTPlanet[/font]
GTPlanet

The same also goes with colors. If you insert the hexadecimal code for HTML colors in the place of a color's name, you can use any color you want.

The issue being the limitation of the viewer's computer. Not everyone has all the fonts you do. I personally have nearly 1000 different fonts. The list provided are "web safe fonts" - fonts that everyone has. It is a list of fonts that are packaged with Windows and Mac OS.

As for the colors, there are a few different color settings for computers. Highest to lowest: 32bit, 24bit, 16bit, 256 color, 16 color, and 8 color. 16 bit and 256 color are probably the most common, and encompase a pretty good selection of colors. The websafe colors are listed here:

http://www.htmlgoodies.com/tutors/non_dithering_colors.html

A list of named colors is here:

http://www.htmlgoodies.com/tutors/colors.html

~LoudMusic

Whoa, I wasn't aware that many colors could be referenced with simply their names! :eek: How did you end up with so many fonts? That's a great collection. You should send me your Fonts folder, mine only weighs in with 374. :(

Originally posted by Talentless
is there a list of font types anywhere?
Fonts on your computer, or fonts to download? On your computer, go to "My Computer", the drive you installed Windows on (usually C), the WINDOWS folder, and then go to the Fonts folder. They will all be in there. As for places to download fonts - they're everywhere. Just try a few searches on Google and you'll get lots of sites and hundreds of thousands of fonts. Unfortunately it's a bit tiresome to install a lot them, because most are zipped up and require copying to your WINDOWS/Fonts/ directory.

Latest Posts

Back