• Worse

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • No difference

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't fix something that isn't really broken.
I have to say that I didn't drive a whole bunch of cars since the 1.12 update. I drove the Nismo, a C63AMG with comfort settings, a C63AMG with race setting and a spoiler and a Renault Clio RS.

Last edited:
You can't fix something that isn't really broken.
I said 'spoiled', not 'broken'. :) For me & many others, by the sound of it on the other thread, it's ruined. No settings get even close to what I had before. (DFGT) It's not even fun to drive any more. So yes, it is spoiled.

Reactions: VBR
In the other thread, people don't really agree with each other. I would say that around 50 percent love it and 50 percent absolutely hate it. There doesn't seem to be much in between. ;) You should make a poll, if you want to find out how people think of it.
Now there is a hotfix released, not to change the FF but some cars didn't respond to the torque settings as they should. http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_3616438.html
I hope you don't experience the problem you had before any more. ;) When I played yesterday, it was sure softer but not as soft as other people seemed to discribe. I mainly drive road cars. I went back from strenght 10 to strength 5 a couple of months ago, since I don't want to overload my G27. Also using 5, you had more feel. After 1.12 I use 6 for torque and 10 for feel, I absolutely love it. It just gives much more information about the cars' limit to me.

Last edited:
In the other thread, people don't really agree with each other. I would say that around 50 percent love it and 50 percent absolutely hate it. There doesn't seem to be much in between. ;) You should make a poll, if you want to find out how people think of it.
Now there is a hotfix released, not to change the FF but some cars didn't respond to the torque settings as they should. http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_3616438.html
I hope you don't experience the problem you had before any more. ;) When I played yesterday, it was sure softer but not as soft as other people seemed to discribe. I mainly drive road cars. I went back from strenght 10 to strength 5 a couple of months ago, since I don't want to overload my G27. Also using 5, you had more feel. After 1.12 I use 6 for torque and 10 for feel, I absolutely love it. It just gives much more information about the cars' limit to me.

I'm keen to try the hotfix. 👍 I've always had FFB set on 10, so the difference was huge.

I haven't had enough time to adjust it a lot so can't say just yet.
I just left the settings as they came and didn't seem to make much difference to be honest. In fact on the new track time trials with the three cars I used I thought it was wonderfull gave me that smooth steering hard in a corner and having the back end slide out with ease and straightening up and going when I re-applied the power with no quibbles.

Honestly, I didn't detect anything significantly different. Maybe I just don't think about it enough.

i lost virtually every online race, now after the update i won more than half my races, albiet in quickmatch

I will say that the recent hotfix has improved on the changes introduced in 1.12 update. Overall though, even before the hotfix, I was pleased with the changes introduced in 1.12.

I drive a G27 and use both street and racing cars regularly. I always found that the FFB prior to 1.12 was too "strong". The resistance in the wheel when turning was so strong that it masked the fine details of the road such as bumps, wheel hops, tire slip, etc. Ironically, it is exactly this resistance strength that those that are complaining want back. They just don't realize what they have gained. Yes, the wheel feels lighter, but you feel so much more now.

Now I do fully admit that the resistance was too weak after the 1.12 update. I feel that now that the hotfix has been applied the FFB levels are almost perfect. I run an endurance league where we run VERY FAST tire wear in order to encourage pit strategy. In my initial testing since the update I have been able to gain at least 1 additional lap on my tires due to the improvements in the FFB. I am able to feel the loss of front grip much sooner, and therefore am able to adjust to it quicker. This means that I am not abusing my front tires as much as I was before.

Overall, a vast improvement in my opinion.

The 50% that like it are non logitech users,

You did see that I stated I use a G27? That IS a Logitech.

It's not just non-Logitech users that like the improvements.

Like I said, the ones that are complaining have focused so much on the fact that the wheel feels "lighter" that they haven't realized how much more they are actually feeling now. And since the hotfix has been applied some of that resistance has returned, but without masking the other sensations.

I'm off to try out this new hotfix. WOOHOO, I have hope again!

:dopey:

After todays "ninja" update , ffb "torque" is back on pre 1.12 level or at least DFGT feels (almost) as heavy as pre 1.12 . FFB = 3.

Reactions: VBR
You did see that I stated I use a G27? That IS a Logitech.

It's not just non-Logitech users that like the improvements.

Like I said, the ones that are complaining have focused so much on the fact that the wheel feels "lighter" that they haven't realized how much more they are actually feeling now. And since the hotfix has been applied some of that resistance has returned, but without masking the other sensations.
I wasnt replying to you, it was just a general statement

This question seems like its for the players, are you asking Kaz?

On the subject, I prefer a heavy wheel and while the force feedback effects are much improved, the wheel weight has been ignored.

If you read between the lines most people are only complaining about wheel weight, they might not know the terminology to describe it but it seems unanimous.

FFB max effects and center spring force are awesome adjustments to have but that's not enough when the wheel weight adjustment have been forgotten.

That said all we should need is the wheel weight adjuster/slider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back