Forza 4 Gameplay videos!

• Thread starter tfujiwara
  • 856 comments
Excuse the DP, but as far as that ISR review goes, 1 minute, 44 seconds in...I came. :lol:

Excellent video, Tuesday cannot come any faster, this is one weekend, I do not mind flying by.

Awesome video. Good to see they hit on the 900 degrees linearity issue / "steering assist" that Greenawalt lied about; again. Wish they would have touched more on physics. Did they even bring it up? Lol

Awesome video. Good to see they hit on the 900 degrees linearity issue / "steering assist" that Greenawalt lied about; again. Wish they would have touched more on physics. Did they even bring it up? Lol

They talked about the turning into the corner being a bit better ("there is more going on there")which is what I noticed the most also. Other than that nothing much. They said overall it's very similar.

Btw it says you inbox is full. Might want to clear out some old PM's bud. 👍

Those Autovista videos are famazing.

I can say now with all honest intent that T10 is quite frankly light in the head (stupid) for limiting that awesome piece of carnography to "just" 25 cars.

They damn well better include 1-2 cars from the forthcoming DLC into Autovista or I will make a thread there telling them how much they've failed. :lol:

Well I lost my boner @ 20:40 with the built in steering aids you cant turn off 👎

Can't say I blame you.

Nothing would be more annoying than spending hundreds on a wheel and rig for one game only for that game to think it isn't possible for anyone to control a car with 1:1 steering ratios...

Control pads? I can understand. Any form of wheel? No, just no.

T10, I know you're not reading this because you're too busy figuring out ways to further screw over the people that got you to where you are today (i.e the original xbox owners looking for a console sim), but you really need to understand we do NOT need your nanny state hands telling us how to play.

Last edited:
I can't say I'd even understand it with controllers. Anyone likely to worry about it feeling too realistic aren't going to venture toward "Simulation" settings anyhow.

I can't say I'd even understand it with controllers. Anyone likely to worry about it feeling too realistic aren't going to venture toward "Simulation" settings anyhow.

It would be a bit silly to map 1:1 movement to a controller at all times, there just isn't enough travel. They should however dial back the speed sensitive steering on it.

It would be a bit silly to map 1:1 movement to a controller at all times, there just isn't enough travel. They should however dial back the speed sensitive steering on it.

Having played a few PC sims with direct 1:1 control with my 360 controller I'll say that while it is incredibly twitchy and unforgiving, it IS doable :) Just gotta be precise.

Nice preview.. seemed really grounded, there is no obvious bias creeping in, shame it's just a preview, they didn't want to go into the good/bad about the physics too much :(

I also liked how they covered the steering issue, and I hope that with Yoritomo's efforts with Dan G, that this is resolved in a patch.. It's too early to jump on some bandwagon, I'm going to wait and see, and I hope the ISR review is after the outcome is known, so it gets a fair shot.. Mind you, I do hope they are just happy with the physics, since they are massive iRacing and other PC sim guys, I'd expect them to give a fair and grounded appraisal.

Eunos_Cosmo
I don't like the way the game looks at 60FPS. At 30fps, your mind can take some liberties and extend disbelief....at 60fps, the motion is too real and your mind just goes, 'oh ok, some rendered 3d models roaming about on a screen in my living room.'

There is a reason movies run at 24fps.

Well for one thing movies have the benefit of motion blur which can help preven the eye from detecting individual frames and secondly did you know movies actually insert black frames in the middle of frames to make the viewing easier on the eyes?

While there may be 24 fps of different images, the screen goes black once or twice every image (I forget) showing the same frame multiple times. So really a movie theater image updates as many times as your TV just without as much data.

That said again the biggest difference is that there is motion blur in film images and in high action scenes you can almost always see the jumps between frames in movies... At least I can.

45getphopfp.jpg

6218199828_a9d4c03b5e_z_d.jpg

6217680207_e52459a0ec_z_d.jpg

6217680583_897d64c9e5_z_d.jpg

These pictures are NICE, but does anybody use different back grounds? the setting is kinda blah

Back