forza 5 wheels

• Thread starter NoneEvo
  • 194 comments
Portugal
Portugal
NoneevoGT
Noneevo
I would like to see compability with the trustmaster t500rs...any chances this can happen? i wont buy a new wheel...

With the T500RS it would be an incredibly slim chance of compatibility on the Xbox One sense it isn't an Xbox wheel. Maybe with current Xbox wheels but even that is a slim chance.

With the T500RS it would be an incredibly slim chance of compatibility on the Xbox One sense it isn't an Xbox wheel. Maybe with current Xbox wheels but even that is a slim chance.

well im hoping for a miracle...👍

I would say 99.9% unlikely. If I understand what they are doing it would require a transmitter that does not exist in the wheel. They could possibly sell some sort of adapter but that may be a reach as well.

Then again we can't really get a straight answer about anything related to wheels and the XB1 from MS, even Fanatec still do not know if their wheels will work with it and they were partnered up with T10

What is wrong with this program, MS knows that gamers have a lot invested in their wheels, they should be up front as to the possibility of them working. I really hope this works out for those of you who have wheels, for whatever reason, I held off and now I guess I will continue to wait.

It looks like from the pictures that Thrustmaster is adapting the 458 wheel from the t500rs. I doubt that the T500rs will be compatible but I hope we can use the different wheels they've released with whatever Xbox version they release. And I really hope they have the new wheel out in time for launch...

What is wrong with this program, MS knows that gamers have a lot invested in their wheels, they should be up front as to the possibility of them working. I really hope this works out for those of you who have wheels, for whatever reason, I held off and now I guess I will continue to wait.
They likely don't give a damn about the relatively small amount of people that are a) into sim racing enough to buy a wheel, b) aren't playing PC sims first and foremost and c) still haven't invested in a wheel that's compatible with the Xbox. Let's be honest, compared to what most games actually sell, those few units that are not being sold aren't all that important for MS. I'd go so far as to say that the fees they get from Fanatec (and whomever else making peripherals for the Xbox) for using the XIM standard largely outweighs these losses.
I've read that existing wheels will NOT be compatible, but that adapters may be likely.
I think the guys at Fanatec mentioned working on an adapter to get their wheels working with the XBOne. However, I don't remember where or when I heard about it, so I can't find a source to back that up. It might very well be wrong altogether, actually. Just sayin'.

I don't really mind MS using proprietary standards with their peripheral equipment. But changing those standards for the XBOne, that's pissing me off.

I think the guys at Fanatec mentioned working on an adapter to get their wheels working with the XBOne. However, I don't remember where or when I heard about it, so I can't find a source to back that up. It might very well be wrong altogether, actually. Just sayin'.
I recall the same but can't provide a source either :lol:

Unfortunately, it's still a waiting game as the protocol hasn't been finalized yet.

Has anyone seen any mention of the release date for the new Thrustmaster Xbox One wheel? Are they targeting launch?

Soooooo...... Im probably correct to say my G27 is unlikely to work either right... ? :nervous:

Yeah I've looked at reviews for the adapter is it doesn't sound very good. InsideSimRacing do a review on it. I'd prefer to have two wheels than an shotty adapter (although i can definitely understand people who cannot justify this).

The G27 not working with the XBOne is one thing. It's never been an Xbox wheel, so nobody really bought it in hopes of it working with an Xbox... But, with Xbox compatible wheels, it just seems downright dumb to not be able to use them on the XBOne.

Yeah, it's pretty irritating if they change their peripheral standards for the XBONE to another proprietary one that works with hardly anything. If they change it, they should change it to something more standard that's in-line with PC's and PS's.

I'm more than likely going to buy this:

http://www.engadget.com/2013/08/21/mad-catz-force-feedback-racing-wheel-xbox-one/

I had (still have) the cheapy Official Xbox 360 force feedback wireless wheel and enjoyed every time I used it, this looks to be along those same kind of lines. Looks better actually and twin force feedback motors. I really hope this is out on release day and possibly can be bought as a bundle with Forza 5.

l.jpg

l.jpg

Why are people remotely surprised that a clutch pedal isn't included on a wheel modeled after a car with no clutch pedal?

Logically, the wheel is designed to be used for games that are stuffed with cars that have clutch pedals. Unless you intend to only ever drive a Ferrari 458 in FM5 and other titles. The omission of a feature is still an omission, even if it makes sense in a certain way. It's a gaming peripheral, not a Ferrari 458.

Logically, the wheel is designed to be used for games that are stuffed with cars that have clutch pedals. Unless you intend to only ever drive a Ferrari 458 in FM5 and other titles. The omission of a feature is still an omission, even if it makes sense in a certain way. It's a gaming peripheral, not a Ferrari 458.

It's hard to get but there are some people out there that do not care, and apparently there are enough for them to produce this wheel. The hardcore sim i have to have a clutch and stick market is not near as big as the "sweet it's a 458 wheel" crowd also known as casual gamers.

It's quite obvious this is not marketed at you and the others that can't fathom why there is no stick and clutch. I play flight sims, the setups run the gambit of a basic stick to full on rudder pedals, dual throttles and pressure sensitive sticks like the F16. I'm in the middle range, single throttle twist stick for rudder. A wheel with no clutch and stick is most likely where i would go if i liked the feel of the wheel.

There are two months till the system releases, I'm pretty sure there will be options for hardcore simmers to come in the future.

What HAL20XX said. Otherwise you'd have a fair point, albeit unrelated to dismissing criticism simply because the real 458 has a sequential gearbox.

Back