Forza 6 News Incoming?

In regards to F6, one thing that would leave me stunned is to include some proper WRC class races. I want this:

I'd honestly be plenty happy with this....

XNta5vb.gif

We had the Fujimi Kaido on the X360. This time they could laser scan a real hillclimbing course or two... Mazda Turnpike or PPiHC? Or perhaps one of the many European courses? The possibilities are truly endless.

@TokoTurismo -- That's exactly the point. You said there are "Rally-only racers out there already" so there's no need for rally racing in a game like Forza. The only rally-only sim is about ten years old now and there are very few rally-only simcade/arcade-style games around.

Considering it's the best motorsports discipline of them all -- and no, I don't feel like qualifying that claim as an opinion ;) -- rally is shamefully underrepresented.
Than best we fans demand such a feature to be put into this franchise? Really, as much as I want rally to be in the next Forza, it's going to take a lot of resources away from other areas. Maybe that's why Rally is in a game like FH2. Why not just keep it there... Forza Motorsport focuses more on track racing, whereas Forza Horizon is open world and filled with freedom. Thus it has rally because off roads....okay well that's bad example for FH but yeah.

@TokoTurismo -- To be honest I don't really have a reason to be posting in here because I'm not anticipating FM6, so it makes little difference to me what Turn 10 or Playground Games does. I'm just pointing out that rally fans have nothing to play, particularly in North America.

Honestly I didn't want to open a can of worms, I just think T10 would do an awesome job at it :)

Maybe in FH3? Who knows :)
Maybe microsoft creates an own rally game in the forza franchise.
Forza Motorsport -> Xbox exclusive
Forza Horizon -> Xbox excklusive
Forza Rally -> Xbox and PC

I'd honestly be plenty happy with this....

XNta5vb.gif

We had the Fujimi Kaido on the X360. This time they could laser scan a real hillclimbing course or two... Mazda Turnpike or PPiHC? Or perhaps one of the many European courses? The possibilities are truly endless.

I honestly think to this day, FM3 and 4 have the best track collection in any Forza game. But they really need to take their track roster to the next level.. more tarmac rally style and hill climb tracks like Kaido... more street tracks like New York or some of the originals from FM1. Real-world official tracks are great... but I want a little bit more. Just imagine an Isle of Man TT style circuit in FM6.

Not really, they have already developed dirt physics

Those physics have been developed by PG, with only a few assests and elements borrowed from T10. To have rally in FM6, T10 will need to rework the physics in order to make them "Forza Motorsport complaint", see? That means ditching the semi-arcade Horizon rally model, upping it to 60 fps FM standard, for one thing. They have enough issues as it is.. which I hope are getting resolved in part 6.

I really would love to see the inclusion of proper smoke effects, real-life shifting and steering wheel animation, pit stops, longer races, track surface and temperature affecting driving...heat haze coming off the track..better damage.. parts wear and tear and failure.. THEN perhaps they should focus on rally. But then again, that's just my opinion. Forza will probably not touch of level of PC-sim realism for quite a while.

I'm sure they're under pressure too with PCARS about to be released and God knows what tricks PD has up their sleeves for the PS4 debut of Gran Turismo.

Whilst a delayed game pales into insignificance compared to the
atrocities that occur in reality world, in game world its a fail

If they say its released on March 20th, it should be
You do realise it was set for release last November? But it's this tiny delay that you're claiming is a "fail"

Well, on one hand, I don't want to have an unfinished product on my hands.

On the other, getting delayed twice was worrying enough, yet another one (even though it's only 2 weeks) is not a positive sign.

When a release date is set, a dev should honor it, and that release date usually includs a window in case any last-minute issue creep up.

Oh well, I'm not setting my expectations too high anyway, until I see complete reviews. The game could come out in summer or fall this year for all I care, since in no hurry to get a current gen console.

You chaps though, are either in for a real treat or utter disappointment. No middle ground.

I dunno, there's already a lot of competition on PC, I can't see them seriously considering it. Anyway they always seem proud to be Xbox exclusive...

I dunno, there's already a lot of competition on PC, I can't see them seriously considering it. Anyway they always seem proud to be Xbox exclusive...
I doubt it would happen, but the article does bring up some pretty valid points.

I doubt it would happen, but the article does bring up some pretty valid points.

You know what I could see? Them releasing FM5 on PC at the same time as they release FM6 on XB1.

That way they keep their Xbox "exclusivity", in the sense of using FM as a game to drive sales of hardware. At the same time, they get to squeeze a bit more value out of the older game and potentially pick up a few more fans of Forza on the way. Maybe a PC player really likes FM5 and decides he just has to have the latest and so goes out and buys an Xbox.

That's the only way I could see it working for them. And if it's really as easy a port as they say, they might as well. Once FM5 isn't the latest and greatest any more, anything they can do to wring a bit of extra value out of it has to be a positive for them.

There is not one single game on PC that is anything like Forza or GT. Just do a Google search for "PC racing games like Forza or GT?", and look at how many results there are for this question. A lot of people will advise Need for speed shift/shift 2, as that is the only game that is remotely similar to Forza or GT on PC, and that is such a shame. Especially with how bad the controller input lag is on PC for Shift 2, I own it and never been able to play it. Biggest waste of money ever.

What pc does have though, is a whole host of pc racing sims that offer some of the best simulated racing going. But everything is available from the start in them, with barely any customisation, and each cars build is usually locked out.

A game like Forza/GT on pc, well, it would be a massive hit for a lot of people. It is the only type of racing game the PC is missing.

Latest Posts

Back