Forza 6 News Incoming?

I can't find the article but I remember something about it being unstable over 60 mph as one of the reasons they didn't make it according to someone at Ford, but I guess Clarkson didn't have an issue with that in the detuned version so I guess it was just an excuse.

I can't find the article but I remember something about it being unstable over 60 mph as one of the reasons they didn't make it according to someone at Ford, but I guess Clarkson didn't have an issue with that in the detuned version so I guess it was just an excuse
I think there's a combination of confusion and cobblers going on there. My Mrs Corsa will do 100mph if you kill it and it's steady enough

Oooh, no thank you. No place for rally in FM6 imo. Nor in the GT franchise, come to that

WRC should stay in a dedicated game

Honestly I didn't want to open a can of worms, I just think T10 would do an awesome job at it :)

Maybe in FH3? Who knows :)

I see what you did there. but seriously, why not?
Well from a purely selfish viewpoint for one thing, because I just don't like rallying. I also think that it's always
been half-arsed in GT and I'd hate to see FM be diluted just to squeeze a token attempt at rallying in

Rally is very niche imo and I think best suited as a standalone game

Well from a purely selfish viewpoint for one thing, because I just don't like rallying. I also think that it's always
been half-arsed in GT and I'd hate to see FM be diluted just to squeeze a token attempt at rallying in

Rally is very niche imo and I think best suited as a standalone game

Racing in general is half-arsed in GT although I agree rally is even worse. Forza is the same in that regard, I'm talking about all races being 3 laps long, not having quali, etc. I don't think rally would be that bad, if anything it will just give us another way to enjoy the game.

I'm also curious to know if with rally (and by that having only one car on screen at all times) maybe that would free up resources on the XBO for particle effects and perhaps an enhanced sim mode for dirt type tracks.

Rally in the FM franchise at this point would not be a very good direction..

The game first needs to sort out particle effects for one. Before moving on to rally, night driving and weather would be nice, because we really need that in rally.

Furthermore, a dedicated Forza game just for rallying seems more realistic, just like you have Horizon dedicated to open road racing.

Rallying would be awesome. And I don't think it's bad in Gran Turismo, it just isn't used. A dedicated WRC game probably does a better job simulating dirt driving and the special circumstances of rallying (because that's all they need to focus on), but that doesn't mean that a less realistic simulation can't be fun as well.

Please. Let's keep rallying out of a game like this that's been so successful at being a tarmac-only racer. Its resources will end up being take away from trying to improve this and adding that feature back into it the game. We have Rally-only racers out there already, so there's no need for it to be in Forza imo.

I would also prefer to see Forza correct its faults and make tarmac racing better than its ever been.

Do you see any rally sims around, much less a WRC game in North America?
Not really, but many goes on about how RBR is the best there is out there (though that's a PC only game).
Rally fans wouldn't ask for it to tag along in an existing game if we had better standalone games to play.
That is true, but what standalone Rally games can you think of? All I'm thinking are the one from the past and that's about it. Not sure about DiRT 4 but that's for another thread.

Not really, but many goes on about how RBR is the best there is out there (though that's a PC only game).

That is true, but what standalone Rally games can you think of? All I'm thinking are the one from the past and that's about it. Not sure about DiRT 4 but that's for another thread.
Rbr was ps2

@TokoTurismo -- That's exactly the point. You said there are "Rally-only racers out there already" so there's no need for rally racing in a game like Forza. The only rally-only sim is about ten years old now and there are very few rally-only simcade/arcade-style games around.

Considering it's the best motorsports discipline of them all -- and no, I don't feel like qualifying that claim as an opinion ;) -- rally is shamefully underrepresented.

Back